[PRP] You're your own rank [Maji x Kaipo]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:32 pm
The mostly white lionesses travels had come to an end only a short time ago. She had found the place of legends that told about ghosts but when she'd arrived she found nothing of the sorts. What she did find was a colony of lions mostly like her self. Their teachings were not exact but their ways, along with MOST of their coat colors, were agreeable enough for her to decide to devote her self to this pride.

Not to mention the mistwalkers lands were beautiful. Beyond beautiful with their sparkling mists and water falls.

She had spent most of her time learning the ways of this culture, avoiding lions with coats she didn't agree with and shadowing after Maji. Whether or not Maji had noticed the mostly white lioness shadowing him recently was unknown. Kaipo hadn't yet rightfully approached him personally to actually have a conversation that wasn't about the pride. And to be fair she was pretty curious.

That was why she was headed to where she hoped to find the great Magi him self.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:18 pm
User Image It was bitter-sweet to return to his homeland. Growing up, he'd known nothing else. There had been nothing beyond the mists. It had been his world, not just his home. The drought had driven all the familiar faces away and the rains had restored the lands to a state that mirrored his fondest memories of the place. The writings on the walls had been left alone, for the most part, but there were miserable, sloppy, and rather bold attempts to record the history of the last days of his half-sister's reign.

Females had dominated power... his sister had written many of the chambers off-limits to males, and there was some documentation of a god's presence in the land but beyond that the writings were hard to make out. They'd not learned how to properly mix the dyes that would stain the rock and nature, as if attempting to erase the past itself, was beginning to fade the short-lived history of the lost princess.

Maji sat before the old writings he had left just months before his exile. An account of those living in the lands... his sworn-sister, Kisulisuli's mother, Enki, his cousin, Ramses, Laana... Sad eyes slowly roamed outwards to the blank stone beside the account. They were all gone... all lost perhaps forever. Kisulisuli and Obi alone remained...

A figure blocked the sunlight pouring in through the mouth of the cave. The older lion turned his head and raised a thin brow. As his eyes adjusted the somewhat familiar form of Kaipo registered. She'd been at his heels for the past few days, perhaps curious or perhaps shy... he didn't know.

"Is three something you are in need of, Kaipo?"

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 am
Thalion
At school taking a break before speech! I feel like Im on a diet and sneaking a potato chip right now.. but !! I LOVE MISTY RP ; n ; <3

The mostly white lionesses ears went back flat against her head. She took a few hesitated steps back as if she was a cub being addressed by an elder. Kaipo was no cub nor was she as docile as she was acting most of the time. Maji intimidated her just a smudge. He was not completely of the white pelt but he was respectably light and knowledgeable about the prides history.

"Yes," Her ears lifted a little and she felt strength return just a little bit. "I..." And as quickly as the strength had come it was now fleeting with haste. "I have not spoken to you except about teachings." Kaipo looked off to her side for a moment thinking herself stupid for even trying to talk. This was no crush, this was admiration at its finest taking hold of Kaipo and choking the words out from her. Her chest was heavy and her words were careful.

Then the female noticed faded writings on the wall. Kaipo took a few steps closer to the arch magi to get a better look at just what he might have been reading. Her tail slithered around her paws as she took a seat. Kaipo was uncomfortable being here beside one she so admired.

The air was stiff and awkward all around the mostly white lionesses being. Kaipo opened her maw once more to say something but closed it quickly. She wasn't sure what to say to some one such as Maji.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:57 pm
Chobi_Chocobo
All the misties!

"Come now, I don't bite." He turned towards her and offered a tired smile over to the female. There was nothing threatening about him as a whole. He was much smaller than even some of the Neled lions and had a more lean frame. What little muscle he had to call his own was sparse but not overly so. A fine, glossy coat stretched over a lean body crowned and accented by a long, flowing mane. It didn't fluff out the way most lions' did and it hung much longer over his eyes, head, and neck than what seemed normal. It had been, apparently, the common appearance of his kin but...those days had seen their end. It was a lonely thought to consider that the Mistweavers were nearly extinct...

He followed her eyes to the walls of his cave and smiled a little. "Ah. My youth. There wasn't much of us... most were rogues that had come in, some from a colony of Mistweavers that had fled the plague that claimed us, others were just rogues that had been down on their luck. In those days, the elephants guarded the rivers."

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:01 am
Thalion
misties for ever !

Kaipo took the moment to scoot in a little closer. She was not afraid of his bite more so than what Maji might think of her. He was in charge of her faction and had a large knowledge of the past at least regarding the previous mistweavers. Kaipo was interested. She admired and feared Maji for he alone could reject her if he chose. He could look down his nose at her and make her feel small and useless despite being mostly light coated and him light coated but not as much white as her.

It was an unbearable thought that Maji might ever think poorly of her. So Kaipo was cautious.

"A plague?" She inquired looking at Maji to go in to more detail. She scooted a little closer and took a seat. It was evident she was shy still which was unusual for Kaipo. The lioness was usually the type to get in ones face about some matter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:51 am
Chobi_Chocobo
NEVER NOT MISTIES!

"A plague." He echoed sadly, his eyes drawing back up to the wall. After a few moments of silence the male rose up to his paws and began walking along the wall, his eyes roaming over the figures there. 'Kela, Rames, Enki, Layla... he'd recorded the day that a young silver leopard had arrived and the black and white rogue had passed through, earlier on the number of lions dwindled down to one. A cub sketch of himself surrounded by his old preybeast companions. Baba the wildebeest, Gero the antelope, and the curious quagga...there were elephants and leopards here and there but the lands had become a game-beast paradise.

He winced and continued down until the art style changed and three sickly sketches of lions stood out apart from the rock. "In the last days of this pride, a terrible plague was carried in by a rogue lioness seeking shelter. This was following a raid by the devils from the desert, the Firekin." He motioned with a paw to a drawing of that event. Massive red lions with bloodied maws charged into a small group of the blue-pelted mistweavers. "Most were killed. The survivors were left to die... the rogue lioness was the final blow to the pride. The two lionesses here-" He motioned to the drawing of the sickly group. "Both had.... intimacy with the king. The queen and the rogue.... the queen put all her energy into mothering a single healthy cub before she passed, but that cub was stolen away when the firekin scouts came to see if any of our kind had lingered. The king and queen were left to their illness but the princess was taken as a slave."

He stepped closer to the other lioness. "The rogue... well she was ill when she gave birth, and even as the cub nursed from her, her body began to fail her. She prayed out that night, using her last moments of life to evoke the attention of the storm king. The god that protected us here so long ago... "

He looked over to the pale lioness and smiled. "That lioness was my mother. The storm king protected me, ensured that I survived, and blessed me with the knowledge, history, and the skill of my kind. He had hoped that we would flourish again."

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:44 pm
Thalion
MISTIES ON A MOTHER Fawking PLANE

"These lions do not look as they have been touched by the gods. They look impure, " Her own teachings from her own upbringing were talking. Kaipo could not keep the disgust from her face that such tainted creatures would destroy the blessed. Her tail twitched a little. They looked big in the picture compared to the former mistweavers.

"Are they really that big? I mean.. bigger than us. " She took a few steps closer to the documents. The lioness really studied them. "They looks as if they have been frowned upon by the gods them selves to harbor so much of wicked colors on their pelt." Kaipo could not get over the fact they were darker coated than most of the misties them selves. Not only that but they were red. While red was not a color she minded in small bits it was not favorable to see in these paintings they were almost all covered in it from head to toe.

"I'm sorry to bring up such painful memories. Is there anything we can do to protect these lands once more? Great Magi ?" She took a seat and let her tail coil around her like a snake.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:24 pm
Chobi_Chocobo
OMG FLYING LOINS

"Pure?" The lion turned to her with a raised brow and a curious but almost stern look in his eye. "Purity is not something that our eyes can see. My sister-" He motioned to the princess drawn on the wall. "Bore the same pelt as I. Different runes but we shared lineage, pelt color, and even stature. She brought along the destruction of the last embers of hope this pride had and drove the rest of us out so she could bring in her own reign."

He shook his head and narrowed his eyes. "Purity is something that we hold within. Sometimes the most appealing things to the eye are the things that are the most detrimental to the soul."

Maji looked back to the drawing and frowned. "Do not believe for one moment that the gods are not at war as well. We mortals are only a part of the battle that wages all around us. The Storm King was our patron god, but he was only one of many. The Firekin followed their own goddess. It was from her that they got their red coats. They are her children just as we are the children of the storm king."

He snorted at the formal title and sat back on his haunches. "Our protection is not in our body but in our minds and in our spirits. The gods once protected this place and blessed those within it. To loose our way is to lose their favor." He motioned outside. "The rains have returned, and with it the rivers flow and the waterfalls send mist into the air. We favor dull pelts not because it's a link to the gods but because it allows us to fade into the mist. Dark coats fade into the shadows cast by the caves and rocks we make our homes within. There was a time when the Mistweavers were seen as magical ghosts. All we did was embrace what we were given...and learn."

He put a paw onto the wall. "Just as purity hides beneath the flesh, we must hide beneath the mist."

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:06 pm
Thalion

The information about purity was enough to make Kaipo hold her tongue. She held her tongue and listened to what Maji had to say about the prides beliefs on purity. It was a hard thing to do with her own arguments creeping up on her and wanting to emerge. But the female was good and kept from saying anything. She did listen to Maji on the beliefs but to say she had a change of heart would be a fib.

"I see," She straightened her self a bit and held her head up high. She gave Maji a calculated tight expression. The lionesses lips were pressed together in thoughtful disagreement. Still she let Maji finish with out any sort of out burst.

"I think I will need to think on this Maji. If you'll excuse me I will take my leave," There was no hiding the tension in that last leave. But Kaipo was polite at the very least. She gave Maji a curt nod of her head before turning and heading of else where. She needed some time to in take what she'd just heard. How could Maji not see the taint. It was beyond Kaipo.

Of course there was still a level of respect that was left for Maji but admiration was deteriorating with every paw step she took from him. His words continued to loop through her mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:02 pm
Chobi_Chocobo

Maji fell silent and his jaw set into a thin line. Obviously there were some ways that would be hard to change in the hearts of some of the new comers. He had encountered such things in the past...sadly he even held some in contempt for those who bore pink or red on their manes...and unfortunately he had a gut-wrenching discomfort for most females. There was little wonder considering his past but he understood that not every individual with a red pelt was a firekin and not every female was a raging feminist or a fearful doe...

Oh his Ciyari...

He glanced to her likeness on the wall and sighed. It was best he let Kaipo go and cool off...if the other females were a decent model for the general temper of a lady, he'd best keep his mouth shut on top of it...

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

[IC] Ukungu Mfumaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces