Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:55 am
User ImageUser Image

◙ Graden Industries ◙

OOC thread

"With all the work we put into our inventions it is pretty obvious. We care about the future here at Graden Industries. It will surely be a brighter one with us at the wheel."

-Robert T. Graden Founder of G.I.

Graden Industries is the world leader in energy production. Every where you go you can see a Graden product powering businesses, schools and even entire cities. A nuclear reactor even falls short of the power produced by a large G.I. generator. Even with all the power that one generator produces it doesn't have any harmful effects on the environment. The technology is literally a miracle of science. Many people tried to find out the secret behind the machines. At first it was rivaling companies who took apart them apart to find out what was used. The only interesting thing that they found was the core, which appeared to be only an orb of glass. It was confusing how could G.I. get so much power out of glass? Upon discovery of this the media began bombarding the founder of G.I. Robert Graden. No matter what the media tried they couldn't get any information out of him or his employes. All attempts to find out ended in vain. Robert assured the public though that the energy form his products were safe and would last tell the end of time.

Of course the secret of the technology did not make it to the public. The secret though was not only a miracle of science but as well as super natural. Robert Graden was a fan of the super natural and invested much of his time into researching many aspects of it. Eventually he came up with an idea about the souls of the dead. What if the very souls that we all had could be used to generate power? The question was the spark that started his research. After years of working on it Robert eventually had a break through. Not only did this work prove that ghosts existed but that they could be captured and used for energy. That day changed his life forever and he brought this discovery to the United Nations. Although many people were baffled by his discovery countries who were interested in this power invested money into G.I.

Tracking down and capturing good enough spirits though was not the easiest task. Robert understood this and used the majority of the money into a project. What G.I. needed were the perfect hunters for such a task. Robert went all over the world taking in children who didn't have a home and began working on them. These children were shrouded in secrecy, kept from society, and even experimented on. A lot of the subjects did not pass through the trials and either went insane or died from the experiments. Very few of them actually became the hunters in which Robert intended to create. They are trained, outfitted with G.I. tech, and ready to compete the job they are assigned with. It is because of the Children of Graden that our lights stay on at night.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

◙ Rules ◙

1. Respect your fellow role players. I don't want every one hating each other. We are in this role play together.

2. Try to be as literate as possible. I understand that we each have our level of literacy but I want to be able to read and understand your posts.

3. At least write one paragraph per post. An average paragraph in my mind would be about nine sentences. A decent paragraph would be about five to six sentences, which I do allow. However I don't wish to see short posts become a habit.

4. God modding is something that is usually prohibited from role plays. This role play is no exception. Every character has talents and powers but they can't be unstoppable.

5. Romance is something that I am quite a fan of. You are not allowed to take it to far. You can't post your sex scenes here! Somehow if it comes to it then use a time skip. However I don't wish to see the use of a time skip for cybering reasons.

6. Quoting people should be used to get other role players attention. It helps keep the role play going so I urge you guys to quote each other.

7. I want people to be active that is one thing that I am looking for. I understand that people have lives and cant get on as often as they like. However I do require you to post one day out of the week. If something serious comes up please let us know so that the role play doesn't come to a complete halt.

8. I am the god of this role play. Meaning that you cant defy me. Muhahahahaha......No but seriously what I say gos.

9. The rules list is subject to change as well as additions. Keep note of this and check the rules for updates.

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:55 pm
User ImageUser Image

◙ The Children ◙

As one of the children your goal is to hunt down and capture spirits in order to keep up the production of G.I. energy. You have been brought in from all over the world from either orphanages or places where you wouldn't be missed. Being kept from society you have little to know idea what the world is like. You are forced to go into this world and blend in with normal average people to complete your job. This job however isn't the safest of course. Spirits that remain on this earth are usually not at peace. Most spirits have a strong harmful emotion that is keeping them from passing on. Usually these spirits will retaliate and are strong enough to interact with the physical realm. You are specially prepared for this job though. Each child has weapons and equipment customized to they're own liking. As well each child has a soul gem implanted into their bodies. This soul gem powers up the child's body giving them heighten strength, reflexes, and senses. It even allows the children to see the spirits which most humans cant due without special equipment. Your numbers are few and even several have been lost already. You are the best spirit hunters that the world has. However ghosts aren't your only enemy.

The media is one of the biggest enemies that G.I. has. Usually when your capturing spirits it isn't easy nor is it quiet. Destruction of property is usually imminent in any operation. One of the parts of your job is to try to not attract attention to yourself. As well your not to make it apparent that you work for G.I. or have any connection to the company. This is one of the hard parts of the job to pull off due to the internet these days. Usually minor slip ups do occur but usually G.I. could deal with it when it happens. One other thing that children should be on the look out for. Another type of super natural being has been discovered as of late. Much is not known about them but they seem to be after the spirits as well. These beings are known as 'The Grim'. Keep note they are extremely dangerous and can take on many different forms. If encountered though your goal is to learn more about 'The Grim' and prevent it from taking away the targeted spirit. This is all the information you need to start out with. Good luck my child.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

◙ Roles ◙

These roles are subject to change at any time. More could be added or taken away depending on how the role play gos. Also I will be taking in reservations for slots.
It is not required but it would be awesome if we could get some one to play Robert T. Graden. If you want the spot speak to me privately and we will discuss it.

Robert T. Graden - Founder of G.I. - Xcon299 (Temporary)

Trace - Child - Xcon299

Sheba - Child - Miera42

Samantha - Child - niegeno

Emi - Child - HidekiHyuga-ninja

Curtis - Child - Dr. Observer

Utael - Grim - Raxsus

Violet Windsor - Human Resources G.I. - misswho

? - Other - Open

◙ Character Skeletons ◙

PM ALL PROFILES TO ME!

Children Profiles

[imgright](Appearance)[/imgright]
[color=any][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] ((No where over 25))
[b]Weaponry/Equipment:[/b] ((This could be either a picture, description or both. I would prefer a picture and description for this. Nothing is prohibited so get creative.))
[b]Gem Spirit:[/b] (( The soul gem that each child has inside them contains a spirit harboring a strong emotion. All that is needed here is what emotion that is. Depending on the emotion should help deciding for abilities/specialties below. ))
[b]Abilities/Specialties:[/b] ((This is what your character excels at. Basically what separates your character from the others.))
[b]Agent Number:[/b] ( 1 - 8 )
[b]Bio:[/b] ((Most of the children's pasts are the same. All I want to know is a little about the character. Personality, How they feel, basically anything you can think of. Try to keep this short.))
[/color]

Other Skeletons

Feel free to add anything to this skeleton below when your creating the profile. What ever else you can add could definitely help out a lot.

[imgleft] (Appearance) [/imgleft]
[color=any][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] ((If human skip this))
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b] ((Do this only if human))
[b]Bio:[/b]
[/color]

◙ Characters ◙

The Children

User Image
Name: Trace
Weaponry/Equipment: Phantom Handguns x2: A handgun powered by the Soul gem of the user. Fires energy shots and doesn't have a magazine so there is no need to reload. However they can over heat.

Specter Hooves: These prototype shoes are the latest in gravity defying foot wear. When activated these shoes allow the wearer to walk on walls and ceilings. The effect doesn't last forever though.
Gem Spirit: Pride
Abilities/Specialties:Traces abilities are mainly found in his speed and swiftness. He doesn't have the best marksmanship however do to poor eye sight.

Trace is not the best when it comes to combat. His specialty is blending into society. He can pull of acting like any kind of person you can think of. Not only that he gets along with just about every one. One other thing he remains good at is making sure there are no casualties during his missions.
Agent Number: 9
Bio: Trace is the newest agent for G.I. He is excited to get out into the world and see all that it has to offer. It didn't take long to adjust to the outside for him. When ever there is a mission available he eagerly jumps at the chance to be on it. He loves what he does and is proud to be helping the world. However he hasn't really gotten to know his brothers and sisters yet.

---------------

User Image
Name: Emi
Weaponry/Equipment:
Fate's Chains: Two small daggers connected by a very small chain. This daggers can be moved by a child's willpower. A useful weapon at various distances but can easily get tangled or pinned.

Eraser: this small device allows memories to be erased, or manipulated by the user. It looks like a small touchscreen cellphone, with a blue button in the middle.It's very effective at close distances.
Gem Spirit: Confusion
Abilities/Specialties:
Emi has excellent agility and reflexes but has major communication issues with everyone. She tends to be better working alone because she assumes that everyone will follow her lead.

Emi is proficient at hand to hand combat but prefers to fight at a distance to observe her opponents.
Agent Number: 5
Bio: Emi began her duties about two years ago. Since she has shown promise in many areas such as hand to hand combat, she tends to think highly of herself and is very reckless on most of her missions. Despite this she is willing to protect everyone, as long as they do what she tells them to do.

---------------

User Image
Name: Se-Bast "Sheba"
Weaponry/Equipment: a [grappling hook], a [whip], four [sais], countless [shuriken] and [throwing blades]. [Clawed gauntlets], often wears a sort of [skin-tight mesh armor] that's flexible and adapts well to her more acrobatic fighting style.
Gem Spirit: Tenacity
Abilities/Specialties: It is hard to keep "Sheba" down ; unless the wound is fatal or incapacitating, she will always continue on and survive.
Agent Number: 8
Bio: Sheba wasn't like the other children; she could already see spirits, read auras. But she still got a soul gem, and while she's not immortal it's almost like she is, as her Tenacity allows her to continue until, in her mind, a job is done. Then, and only then, wil she succumb to whatever she has suffered to accomplish that goal. Sheba tends to be stubborn and mulish, hardly ever speaking to others unless they speak to her, keeping to herself but also enjoying getting into other peoples' business. As a "Child of Bast", Sheba learned to be stealthy and quiet, taking many lessons from the cat. She was also like a cat, loving the same things they did and having the same contradictory and acting nature, and there were always felines with her as if she really WAS as her name said, a child of the Egyptian cat-goddess Bast. Sheba is also the child that was trained in the least amount of time.

---------------

User Image

Name: Samantha Graden
Nickname: Samy
Weaponry/Equipment:Long chainsaw: a common tool rebuild for lethal combat with a special high powered engine that gives it lots of kick, a projectile blade linked with a special glowing chain that allures souls. Near the compartment of the engine are a few other nasty surprises for unauthorized wielders like; electrocution, over heat, and projectile blades.

Boot blades: There two types of blades that are hidden in her boots, one that protrudes at the twos while the other protrudes out of her heels, the blades are made out of energy that's powered by her gem.

Emergency kit: She keeps it with her in case anyone gets hurt
Gem Spirit: Samy calls the spirit within her yellow gem Zeggy and the emotion Zeggy harbors is Happiness.
Abilities/Specialties: Well knowledgeable in heavy weapon combat and medical care.

Agent Number: 1

Bio: Not many people in the building know of Samantha’s past expect for her father, her personal nurse. Samantha was born with a weak body that she inherited from her descended mother who died shortly after giving birth. Though as Samantha grew and her father kept himself distracted with work her body continued to weaken to the point that her father was felt with no choice but to fuse the gem spirit into her body, saving her life and a stronger body. Having such a frail body made it difficult to go outside so Samantha spent most of her time reading books until she was moved to her father’s company for the gem treatment. Samantha is often thought of as motherly to some of the other children, with a strong willed and loving personality who enjoys seeing others smile.

---------------

User Image
Name: Curtis
Weaponry/Equipment: Sniper: Curtis uses a custom made rifle that is very complex to use if you are not him. It jams if it isn't handled by a true expert like him. It is deadly accurate as well. It does not require ammo and has a few options on it for different modes. It overheats after every good shot.

Analysis Specs: His glasses are like his personal data collectors. When he pushes the bridge of his glasses, they activate for his eyes to see, they take in every thing that he sees and gives him whatever information he needs.
Gem Spirit: Patience
Abilities/Specialties: Curtis has always had a taste for knowledge. He can read and absorb alot of information at an unnatural rate.
Agent Number: 2
Bio: Curtis was someone that was always in a good book. He spent hours in the library. His knowledge and curiosity with the paranormal caught the eye of Robert. His eyes were rather uncanny, they allowed him to be extremely observant and made him a great sniper for the project. His spirit gem of patience only enhanced that occupation more. He is smart, but likes to have a sarcastic nature, not as an insult, but in a more playful way. He can get along with others, but only those that can get along with him.

---------------

The Grim

User Image
Name: Utael
Race: Grim
Bio: For almost Seven millennia, Utael has watched over the world, he is ancient beyond human imagining and has been a guardian spirit of the dead, showing lost souls through the gates into the afterlife. In the beginning, things were simple, only those who were worthy could see the spirits and Utael himself, but those were few and all of them knew their place and did not interfere. As time went on however, human hubris grew, there was a time when witches regularly defied him and his kind though that problem dealt with itself in due time. During the times of great wars Utael was very busy ferrying the souls of dead soldiers onto the next world though there were always those who rejected the idea and stayed behind. It was harmless enough to allow a few here and there to stay. As time continued however, humans began to find new ways to intervene with the work that he was created for. Graden, a name that Utael almost despises because of it's hubris. Harvesting souls for energy. The very idea of it used to send Utael into a rage, what right do they have to use the immortal souls of the lost to power their technology. Now Utael works against Graden and it's band of senseless murderers trying to set right the natural order of life and death before too much damage is done.

Others

User Image
Name: Robert Terrence Graden
Bio: Robert Graden is one of the most powerful men in the world. Money, fame, power he has it all. However he hasn't let it go to his head. Most of his life for the past decade has been focused on work. With the children project being a success he now has time to work on new projects due to the souls that are being constantly retrieved for him. Robert is a serious man getting to his point rather quickly in conversation. Around the children however he is calmer and acts like a fatherly figure. The truth is even though that he had terrible life threatening experiments done to the children he cares for them as if they were his own. Samantha his very own daughter is the only family and heir to the Graden fortune. Robert is quite protective over her and very rarely wants her to go out on retrieval missions. He wont admit it though.

User Image
Name: Dr. Violet Windsor
Occupation: Head of Human Resources (not as boring as it sounds)
Bio: Violet's role is officially Head of Human Resources, which is basically a more media friendly way for the company to call her a babysitter to it's secret children. Her job is to keep the children in good medical health, as well as seeing that all their needs are cared for, including housing them and ensuring they have the best equipment to do their jobs. She was recruited at 18 from medical school in the UK, and Graden Industries funded her continued education, albeit it became much more interesting. Although not completely heartless, she's far more business-like with the children compared to Robert Graden himself. When she became a key member of the company she was offered a soul gem, but she strongly refused, causing disapproval in those of higher rank in the company. It's a topic that has started to become a strain as she continues to treat children who work in increasingly dangerous situations.

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

◙ Updates ◙

Today is the day! We are starting the role play. If you may or may not know we still actually do have one slot open for a character. I believe I have mentioned this but we might be expanding on the amount of characters depending on how well this role play does. Either way the wait is over and we shall start.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:52 pm
◙ Quoting ◙

[quote="Miera42"][/quote]

[quote="niegeno"][/quote]

[quote="HidekiHyuga-ninja"][/quote]

[quote="Dr. Observer"][/quote]

[quote="Raxsus"][/quote]

[quote="misswho"][/quote]

[quote="Xcon299"][/quote]

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

Bowiethenifty