Welcome to Gaia! ::

PINOY IWONCLAN EXTREME

Back to Guilds

Extreme ang saya! Extreme ang kwentuhan! Extreme ang pa-premyo! Extreme ang barkadahan! 

Tags: Filipino, Pinoy, Philippines, Pilipinas, iwonclan 

Reply Advice Section
Comforting Advice, please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thoughts?
  *there there*
  Ang OA mo!
  Bakit di mo siya kausapin?
  Baka oras na talaga na magtapos ang friendship nyo.
View Results

Oinkette

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:27 am
Pinost ko na po ito before as a reply sa Dear Diary na thread pero narealize ko na ang kailangan ko talaga ay neutral advice from people na hindi ako huhusgaan. I'm sorry if I come across as pathetic and needy but I can take constructive criticism. More than anything, I just want to stop feeling so insignificant. Copy-paste ko lng po cya dito:
I feel like I need to scream somewhere where nobody can hear me or at least where nobody can hold what I say against me. But I still want someone to listen. Unfortunately, I don't have the courage to open up about this to any of my IRL friends.
I've always been very confident of myself. I've always felt like I could be great, like I could change the world, as cliched as that sounds. Among my friends, I've always been the one that dreamt the biggest, that expected the most from herself. I've never been one for self-pity.
I feel so jealous of my best friend. Well, I still consider her my best friend. We spent elementary at the same school. We grew up together. I was practically the one who taught her English!
But I transferred to a different high school. We kept in touch but didn't meet up too often. During freshman and sophomore year, she discovered and explored new interests while I was still adjusting to the new environment and dealing with being swamped with schoolwork and the stress that comes with it to even send her a text message. By senior year, she had become so busy with her extracurricular activities that my Facebook and text messages got buried under the dozens that she received each day.
Now, we're both incoming college sophomores and I'm torn between wondering whether I held her back and feeling so incredibly jealous of how far she's gone. Both of which I should know are stupid and crazy.
It's just that she's more popular than ever and I'm permanently keeping my fingers crossed that my college blockmates don't secretly hate me. She has so many supporters and parents who are pushing her and working for her success. I keep being told that I'm too idealistic and that there's no financial security in what I would love to do. She's having all her dreams come true while I still haven't really figured out mine.
The worst part of it is that I don't even know where I stand anymore. I know she thinks of a lot of other people as her best friends too and I'm not sure if I'm still on of them. I don't want to be the sad girl from her past who clings onto her for a taste of "fame and fortune". I couldn't care less about fame and fortune!!!
But I don't want to lose her as a friend. She's always been like a safety net for me. If everything broke apart, she would be the first person I talk to. No matter what happened, I've always known she would be there fore me.
But I don't want to drag her down either. She wasn't very popular back then. The other girls would say horrible things about her behind her back. I was close with that other group from kindergarten to first grade and sometimes, when she and I fought, I would join them. She very often cried.
I'm so self-absorbed that even now, during her time to shine, the only thing I can think of is that I can't stand that I might not be as important to her as she is to me.
I'm so afraid that she's outgrown me, that I'm no longer "good enough" for her and that I'll never have what she has.
All this while there's a little voice inside of me, that jealousy I mentioned earlier, who keeps saying, "You should have everything she has. You deserve it as much as she does. You're just as talented. You're taller, skinnier, and much, much smarter."
I can't help it. I'm human. And everybody seems to think she's something above that..  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:36 am
Oinkette

Try mo siyang kausapin since ndi ka pa naman sure kung inend na ba nya ang friendship nyo. Pero more or less, baka busy lang talaga cya.
And no, you shouldn't feel jealous. Iba ang journey nya sa journey mo. Iba ang kahahantungan nya, at iba rin ang kahahantungan mo. 3nodding
If you think that she's above you, you should do your best to be as good as her. Kung totoong kaibigan mo naman cya, susuportahan ka naman nya di ba? 3nodding

Megumi was here! ♡

Megumicchi

Lionheart

RioLeo

Shadowy Rogue

6,025 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:56 am
magusap lang kayo tapos avoid feeling akward pagkasama kayo at wag mong isipin kung anong meron cya na wala ka

good luck smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:05 am
Salamat po sa advice pero di ko kasi talaga siya makausap ngayon. Ngayon kasi, unavailable talaga siya para kausapin, wala munang phone or FB. At magtatapos na ang summer, busy na naman ako sa 'pag-aaral'. sweatdrop

Anyway, maraming salamat po for taking the time to read nang napakahabang rant ko. Basta, susuportahan ko lng pa rin siya kahit ano pa man.. 4laugh  

Oinkette

Philyo_14

Versatile Gekko

3,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:09 am
hmm, yan ba ung tinatawag na insecure??
sa opinion ko lng, just be yourself, wag mo isipin na sana gusto mo ganun ka rin katulad nya, magkakaiba kasi lahat tau eh, unique, ganun. hehe,
everything happens for a reason, just strive hard, work hard, pray always and di mo namamalayan, mas successful ka na sa kanya. 3nodding
un lng, trust yourself, be yourself, siguro kailangan mo lng ng konti pang self confidence, hehe mrgreen

P.S.
"sana wag mo isipin na mas wiser ako sau, kasi kaya lng naman ako nakapagbigay ng adivce kase, naranasan ko na rin yan, at nalagpasan ko na yan, hehe mrgreen "

Cheers.  
Advice Section

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff