Welcome to Gaia! ::

Haus Of GaGaloo

Back to Guilds

A friendly and intelligent community for Lady Gaga fans. 

Tags: Lady GaGa, Music, Artist, Lady, GaGa 

Reply Haus Of GaGaloo
Madonna's new dig at Gaga Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l Sailor Cancer l

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:18 am
rolleyes talk2hand
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/madonna-appears-a-dig-lady-gaga-musical-feud-familiar-tunes-article-1.1086226

Madonna is singing a Express Yourself Born This Way She's Not Me Medley at the MDNA concert

thoughts?  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:30 pm
Honestly, I don't see it as a diss; in past interviews, Madonna has said that she considers Born This Way to be this generations Express Yourself. As she said, "She's she, and I'm me". I think this performance strengthens that opinion of hers, that they are two different artists who share a love of pop culture, music and art, and that, no matter what similarities the two songs may have, they are two different songs by two different women.

In all, I think it is her way of celebrating the similarities and inspirations they share, while at the same time establishing two separate entities and pushing back that notion that one might be a copy of the other. Because it does get out of hand. "Oh, Madonna's new video is just a ripoff of Alejandro"....."Oh, Alejandro video is just a ripoff of Vogue" I think thi is Madonna's way of giving her shout out to Gaga, and a message that they both should continue to stay above the "copycat" accusations on both ends and just continue to do what they do best; performing art for themselves and their fans.

Of course, this is jsut my opinion.  

Tee the Wicked

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Marokia
Vice Captain

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 pm
If I remember correctly, Madonna did go to Gaga's concert in New York.

It isn't Madonna who has a problem with Gaga's it's Madonna's brother...

And all of Madonna little twitish fans...

Not that there are some Little Monsters that I think have a little below average intelligence, but I can say that about most fanbases. Beliebers actually endangered freakin Norway.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:42 am
Marokia

Not that there are some Little Monsters that I think have a little below average intelligence, but I can say that about most fanbases. Beliebers actually endangered freakin Norway.

Yeah, a lot of Madonna fans are pretty awful toward Gaga. And you are also correct on some Little Monsters; as I mentioned above, I went to watch Madonna's Girl Gone Wild video a while ago, and there were a good bit of hateful comments calling the video a ripoff of Alejandro, in much the same manner that others were calling the Alejandro video a ripoff of Vogue. The "ripoff" and "copycat" crap needs to stop, the two words are gonna lose their meaning at the rate it's going.  

Tee the Wicked

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Marokia
Vice Captain

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:01 pm
Tee the Wicked
Marokia

Yeah, a lot of Madonna fans are pretty awful toward Gaga. And you are also correct on some Little Monsters; as I mentioned above, I went to watch Madonna's Girl Gone Wild video a while ago, and there were a good bit of hateful comments calling the video a ripoff of Alejandro, in much the same manner that others were calling the Alejandro video a ripoff of Vogue. The "ripoff" and "copycat" crap needs to stop, the two words are gonna lose their meaning at the rate it's going.

Totally. At this point all the smart fans are gonna have to hole themselves up to get away from the amount of unintelligent fans.cGaga and Madonna like each other. I can't see how the fans can get along.

Seriously. I just think that we all should get along. I don't even bother looking at comments on Youtube anymore.

The only person I think has ever stol from anyone may have been Christina Aguilera... Okay, I kid, I kid. But Xtina isn't the nicest person.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:16 pm
I don't think Madonna is being shady its the obnoxious fans on both sides fueling this drama . Besides Gaga and Fernando get paid every time she sings Born This Way on tour so Gaga was well aware of Madonna doing this. Gaga will more than likely will be getting a cut from the MDNA tour dvd sales as well .
User Image  

l Sailor Cancer l

Tee the Wicked

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:03 pm
Marokia

Gaga and Madonna like each other.

Interesting little tidbit that many don't seem to know: a bunch of years back, Madonna actually called Gwen Stefani a copycat and a ripoff. Yet with Gaga, she doesn't. This right there should prove to Madgers and Monsters alike that the two women approve of each other.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:21 pm
Tee the Wicked
Marokia

Gaga and Madonna like each other.

Interesting little tidbit that many don't seem to know: a bunch of years back, Madonna actually called Gwen Stefani a copycat and a ripoff. Yet with Gaga, she doesn't. This right there should prove to Madgers and Monsters alike that the two women approve of each other.

Ahh poor Gwenni. I don't know much about Gwenni though. I'm assuming she's a nice a person. I really like that new pink lipstick she's advertising...

I think it's because Gaga keeps evolving. That she is truly inspired and that she have actually stolen/swagger jacked anyone. As much as MissMosh/Xtina/Natalia Kills would like to disagree. Gaga isn't really the same person, yet she is.

But the thing is though, Gaga is never mean to anyone and she has never been mean to anyone... except that one time in an interview where she completely broke down. But that is pretty much it. I think you just have to respect someone like that, you know?  

Marokia
Vice Captain

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Marokia
Vice Captain

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:25 pm
l Sailor Cancer l
I don't think Madonna is being shady its the obnoxious fans on both sides fueling this drama . Besides Gaga and Fernando get paid every time she sings Born This Way on tour so Gaga was well aware of Madonna doing this. Gaga will more than likely will be getting a cut from the MDNA tour dvd sales as well .
User Image

Lols Fernando sounds happy. I love how that one guy asked about HML. I love HML myself. But since you made that one thread, we both know that DINTD is a major clue to The Fame Kills (as we are calling it) so I expect more tracks produced by Garibay.

BBut back to the point, yeah you do probably have to tell people about covers before hand. I wonder how much money Katy had to give away with that medley she did for California Dreams?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:28 pm
Marokia

Ahh poor Gwenni. I don't know much about Gwenni though. I'm assuming she's a nice a person. I really like that new pink lipstick she's advertising...

I think it's because Gaga keeps evolving. That she is truly inspired and that she have actually stolen/swagger jacked anyone. As much as MissMosh/Xtina/Natalia Kills would like to disagree. Gaga isn't really the same person, yet she is.

But the thing is though, Gaga is never mean to anyone and she has never been mean to anyone... except that one time in an interview where she completely broke down. But that is pretty much it. I think you just have to respect someone like that, you know?
When in Rome, do as the Romans do

I quite agree, she is only human, but she has nerves of steel, and enough self-confidence and humility to not let the bullshit get to her.
I honestly don't know all the details surrounding the Gwen incident, but I personally have no problem with her, and I absolutely love her song Cool.
I thought Christina was friends with Gaga now? IIRC, hadn't she joined Cyndi and Gaga to promote Viva Glam?

Tee the Wicked

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

l Sailor Cancer l

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 pm
Marokia
l Sailor Cancer l
User Image

Lols Fernando sounds happy. I love how that one guy asked about HML. I love HML myself. But since you made that one thread, we both know that DINTD is a major clue to The Fame Kills (as we are calling it) so I expect more tracks produced by Garibay.

BBut back to the point, yeah you do probably have to tell people about covers before hand. I wonder how much money Katy had to give away with that medley she did for California Dreams?

Im not sure Katy did it only one time right? Madonna is doing hers at all her dates and for the Televised and DVD of MDNA.

After seeing the backdrop that shows up while she sings born this way I dunno what to think blind monsters eating conebras,pony tails,lightning bolts.
User Image

So much new Gaga stuff has came out in the past week
New album ,Gagas manager said we will be getting the album sooner than expected.The secret twitter account named Dot short for Dorothy could be Gagas new alter ego. Gaga keeps tweeting about red lipstick (could be a single title). the numbers 8 and 6 in the edge of glory single covers red lips. The Judy Garland song Gaga wrote that had lyrics tweeted by dot(the lyrics were pretty cool). Something about Medusa and the Scheiße video that is coming out to promote Gaga's perfume.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 pm
Tee the Wicked
Marokia

When in Rome, do as the Romans do

I quite agree, she is only human, but she has nerves of steel, and enough self-confidence and humility to not let the bullshit get to her.
I honestly don't know all the details surrounding the Gwen incident, but I personally have no problem with her, and I absolutely love her song Cool.
I thought Christina was friends with Gaga now? IIRC, hadn't she joined Cyndi and Gaga to promote Viva Glam?

I don't know. I haven't really kept up to date with them. I know RedOne worked with Nicki Minaj on Pink friday.

You mean Reel Cool right? I love Reel Cool!  

Marokia
Vice Captain

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Marokia
Vice Captain

Blessed Sex Symbol

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:58 pm
l Sailor Cancer l
Marokia
l Sailor Cancer l
User Image

Im not sure Katy did it only one time right? Madonna is doing hers at all her dates and for the Televised and DVD of MDNA.

After seeing the backdrop that shows up while she sings born this way I dunno what to think blind monsters eating conebras,pony tails,lightning bolts.
User Image

New album ,Gagas manager said we will be getting the album sooner than expected.The secret twitter account named Dot short for Dorothy could be Gagas new alter ego. Gaga keeps tweeting about red lipstick (could be a single title). the numbers 8 and 6 in the edge of glory single covers red lips. The Judy Garland song Gaga wrote that had lyrics tweeted by dot(the lyrics were pretty cool). Something about Medusa and the Scheiße video that is coming out to promote Gaga's perfume.

Actually Katy Perry covered Baby, only Girl in the World and one other songs almost every night of the tour.

Really? I can't wait. Totally awesome!! I need it, but I wish Gaga would slow down but still awesome!! Dot.. I love Dot already.

Everything is just gonna be awesome from the sounds of it...

But I think I just lost a lot of respect for Madonna.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:11 pm
Marokia

I don't know. I haven't really kept up to date with them. I know RedOne worked with Nicki Minaj on Pink friday.

You mean Reel Cool right? I love Reel Cool!

Nah, I was talking about Gwen's song Cool. I haven't actually listened to Reel Cool yet.  

Tee the Wicked

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

l Sailor Cancer l

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:53 pm
Marokia
l Sailor Cancer l
Marokia
l Sailor Cancer l
User Image

User Image

Actually Katy Perry covered Baby, only Girl in the World and one other songs almost every night of the tour.

Really? I can't wait. Totally awesome!! I need it, but I wish Gaga would slow down but still awesome!! Dot.. I love Dot already.

Everything is just gonna be awesome from the sounds of it...

But I think I just lost a lot of respect for Madonna.

I lost respect for Madonna as well she not only dissed Gaga but her fans as well it is petty and I think she feels threatened.

I will update the 4th album thread soon with all the new details.  
Haus Of GaGaloo

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff