View Results

Naioka

Generous Genius

8,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 pm
cat_ninja heart Hey! I'm a young cellist. My dad is getting remmaried and I'm in charge of the wedding music. Any suggestions? Please spare me from Pachelbel's canon and the extremely overdone >_< I want good songs, not popular ones. I think a classical musicians guild should be able to help!

Here is what I have so far:
((not very much sweatdrop ))
Preludes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3xesbVpkUQ

Interludes:

Recessionals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKejfYzB3ak heart cat_ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:32 am
First Bach Cello Suite is always a classic.

I would suggest looking up the pages of wedding musicians (duets or trios) to get ideas for what's possible. Or, if you have time to, do an arrangement for solo cello. For software, if you have a Mac, then Sibelius. If you're working with PC, then MuseScore is pretty decent too for composing/arranging.

I don't know if you'll be the only source of music, in which case "Here Comes the Bride" is mandatory. Arias and some Major key pastorales might also be worth looking into.

I wish I knew more about wedding rep, but I hope I helped some.

EDIT: Also look into some second movements of cello concerti. They're always slow (read: elegant) and in a major key they can be beautiful (the minor keys evoke funeral processions eek ). Best of all they can be abridged and can sound well without the need for an accompanist.  

Gjornia X

Kea of doom

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 am
Yesss. Slow movements are awesome for weddings. Before we decided to opt against classical for our wedding (I know, blasphemy for a musician-couple! But we're having a classical/jazz friend play for our reception), we were looking strongly at the middle movements of one of the Beethoven string quartets. There are some really good gems laying wait!

If it helps at all, our processional is going to be the Throne Room March from Star Wars and our recessional is going to be Still Alive from Portal. Yes, we are very weird people. But hey, whatever works, right? The cake isn't a lie!

Other options could be some of the introits/exits to famous mass settings, if it is a more church-y/religious wedding. And, since I'm from Hawaii, I'd also suggest lots of Hawaiian music. Iz's Over the Rainbow is crazy popular. Would totally work for a summer wedding.

Hmm. I wish I had more to offer, seeing as I'm also planning a wedding and should really have thought about this. But I haven't. Bad Kea!

Classical Musicians Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games