Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Getting Past The Starting Gate (Soren/Lan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:53 pm
Soren was not the type to sit idly by. Sitting around reading was one thing, but without any books of his own and no place to really get them at the moment, he had nothing to read. There were only so many missions that needed to be done while materials were secured, and one use of his time that he had found was exploring. Becoming familiar with the grounds that the Lost Clan would be situated on would mean that he could guard them better, and he could be more useful as a citizen as well.

What this meant was that he was out and about, following the curve of a large pond or lake (he really wasn't sure where exactly it switched from one to the other) when a figure appeared in front of him. He had every intention of just walking right past the mare and continuing his exploration, but then he heard an all too recognizable sound. Was that a sniffle? Maybe she just had allergies. But with all of what had happened he somewhat doubted that. He turned toward her and took a step or two her before halting. "What's troubling you?" If it was allergies, she could always simply point that out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:49 pm
Moping was not proper. A noble did not mope, they did not cry. At least not where they might be seen. Sadly, there were few places one might have a good cry and be secret about it. There were no real 'private' residences that were really THAT private, and the few places one might cry... people tended to go near far to often for comfort. The lakeside was not very private, but the water and reeds muffled sounds, and not a lot of clan members went there.

So as she let tears fall for those who had died, and she didn't think to be mindful that someone might see her in her time of weakness, that she might be caught. She only wanted a moment of peace and grief. The voice of someone she didn't know, (she would have been mortified if it was Mengyao), had her quickly drying her eyes before facing him.
From his clothes, he looked the part of death, one of their soldiers perhaps? "Ah, just trying to clear my senses. The pollen here is so thick isn't it?" There were no flowers, and her eyes betrayed the tears she'd shed. "...You won't tell anyone will you?" Lan whispered, hoping that at the very least, she might have that.
ramenli

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 pm
A nice, tactful horsemen would probably have given her a small bow and commented about how many horsemen seemed to be plagued by the pollen in Halloween.

Soren had never been described as tactful.

The mare in front of him seemed younger in appearance, though he knew better than to put any stock in that. The fact was that she seemed upset, and there was enough of that going around (and he had nothing he needed to be doing) so he decided to at least give her a few minutes of her attention, whether or not she truly wanted it. "I won't," he agreed as he moved closer to the horsewoman than seemed to have come from Conquest and then crouched down near her. "Something you want to talk about?"

In the past would he have ever lent an ear to a stranger just because they were crying? Probably not, but at the same time they had all been through enough, and traumatic times sometimes brought people closer together. And he was not so proud that he would not admit that he had shed his own fair share of tears, though he wasn't about to just volunteer that information.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:00 pm
Tact was something that came and went in conquest. If you liked someone you were tactful, if not... well they could suffer some public humiliation. sniffling a bit again, Lan tried in vain to mask it but, that was pretty much pointless by now. He'd seen her, and if he wanted, he could hold it over her head if he wanted. She'd later thank the heavens he wasn't.

"Well, no. I mean." She turned to face the lake, ashamed to cry. "I don't want to talk about it, but if I don't.. it hurts. It hurts far more than it should. What happened... who.." the word came up with a choking sound, "...died." Shaking he head. Lan tried to ignore her sad filled thoughts. "My apologies. I am Lan from conquest. You're from death I assume?"

Ramenli

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 pm
Soren did what came naturally to him, he scanned the area as she spoke, looking for threats and eavesdroppers. From the sound of things...it sounded as if she almost wanted to tell him about it, maybe she just needed a stranger to dp that. He nodded a bit in understanding, not speaking, so if she was facing the lake she might not ever know that he was trying to show her that he did understand.

"Yes, Soren," he offered. "You don't need to apologize to me. It does hurt, but maybe it should feel this bad." He looked in the direction she was, but rather than the lake his eyes focused on something much closer, plants with small flowers clinging to life near the edge of the water. His face wore its own mask of sorrow, not fully covered by the faceplate that partially hid his face. "But no matter how it feels I have to keep going." His deep, gruff voice was oddly quiet, as if he was speaking to himself more so than her. Clearing his throat he spoke up again, a bit louder this time. "Who was it? What was their name?"

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:50 am
She didn't notice him looking for others, though if she had, Lan would have thanked him for it. She could have had a whole herd behind her and she might have not noticed.

"Soren. Nice to meet you." She bowed slightly, shoulders going back. Composure, she was trying to regain it but wasn't doing a very good job. She hated not having better control over he emotions. It was just frustrating. "Part of me thinks it foolish and weak to be so broken up over it, but another part of me says if I am not upset then I dishonor them. Do I bring dishonor to weep for them? To who suffers the shame? Do the dead even care." A small coughing laugh. Bitter, she sniffled again. "I have vowed to have my vengeance, but that must wait while we rebuild."

Looking down he noticed one of the flowers, pulling it up to twirl in her fingers. "Names... don't matter do they? They are dead, and nothing I can do will bring them back to me."

ramenli

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm
"If grieving is all it takes than I'm both foolish and weak," he informed her. "And if someone is so bothered by a few tears shed for the lost than maybe they have the problem." It was a bit unusual for him to be quite so talkative, but he was laying out what he thought, whether or not she agreed with him. And this just so happened to be a topic that he knew a bit too much about.

"I can't see how its bad if you cry for someone you cared about, but if all you do is sit around crying than I doubt that's what they would have wanted. Me? Astridr saved me by sending me to help these little Halloween foals, and I'd imagine that if she could see me not doing anything useful she'd have a thing or two to tell me." His voice had caught at the name of his priestess, and his voice had gotten a bit hoarse, but he had managed to keep talking. "The least we can do is remember their names, even if it really doesn't matter. We can honor their memory as we plan our vengeance."

His eyes were glued to the flower she twirled in her fingers, riveted to the small dash of color before he abruptly spoke again. "What do you know of trance?"

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 pm
It was a nice thought really, that tears were not a sign of weakness. But she'd grown up being told they were, such feelings were hard to dismiss. Flower in her fingers, she resisted the urge to throw it down and crush it in a fit. Why did it have to be so frustrating, why couldn't she just bottle her feeling and send the away? If only.

She had cried enough hadn't she? To many tears had been ahead, she needed to put it behind her and move on. "Yes, that is.. quite true. Weeping like a filly hardly does anyone any good. My mother and father wouldn't have wanted that from me, much less my fiance." The name that edged his voice didn't pass notice and she realized what had befallen him. A Guardian with no priestess. His role had been changed and he'd been unable to stop it. "I am sorry.. for your loss. As for trance... Little. Only that your clan uses it for guidance."
Ramenli

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 pm
"Trance can be more than that," he informed her. This was a time when this particular skill that the Death Clan had could come in useful, and he still needed to full make use of that service. So far though, it was just something he was not sure he was ready to handle.

"Trance can be used to remember. If you go into Trance to remember something, its preserved much better than simple memory alone. Maybe you want to forget your parents, your fiance. But perhaps you would rather save the good memories that you have while you still can." He looked out at the lake again, pointedly not focusing on any vegetation. "Or maybe you want to save the worst memories, memories of the isles destruction, so that you never forget why you're fighting."

For him, he was likely to do a bit of both. Just saving any memory of her, she who had been so much more than just his priestess, would give him reason enough to fight.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:00 am
She scrutinized him as he said it could be used to remember. She had memories so why would she need trance to remember? But as he went into detail she could see the merits of it. Details in memory faded over time. Trance could provide a clear look upon those memories. She missed them, and to see them clearly once more, if just in a memory.

"No, lords no, I.. I never want to see the isles as they are now..not again." It was too painful. And open wound that still bleed. "But... to see them, to have those memories of the good times... would it be wrong? To linger upon them?"

ramenli

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:11 pm
"Are you willing to risk waiting too long and forgetting?" he asked bluntly. "No one can tell you what you have to do with all of your time, and if you choose to linger on good memories who's to know?"

He stood up fully now, looking down at her. "If you decide you want to try it, find a Priestess. Or find me and I'll take you to someone who can help you." And on that note...perhaps it was he that needed to seek out a priestess for Trance. He turned and began walking away before pausing, his low voice sending out his...not quite farewell. "Don't regret feeling grief for loved ones." And that was that, he had done what he could, or maybe nothing at all. He had more of the forest to examine.

iStoleYurVamps

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff