Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Tea Leaves (Fai/Lan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:41 pm
He hadn't started his garden. He hadn't asked for a grant yet, either, even though he had a partner willing to cosign for him. In fact, the longer Fai was there, the more he knew he would be leaving--if only for a short time--to see where and what they were now. Everything had been taken from him, practically--but another world had been given.

Well, if not GIVEN, he was damn well going to TAKE it. In fact, the only thing that was keeping him here at the moment was that he'd made a commitment to do a few things with the school. Once his obligations were over, Fai thought as he crouched down next to a tree in the woods, he would gather his meager belongings and head out. He really should warn Sal... Perhaps even mention it to the protectors.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:32 pm
Every horseman had a task to do, and even if Lan was quick with her tasks there were always others which she might work on to help the clans. From healing, to cooking, to sewing, crafting, mending, fighting, training, hunting, building- Tasks piled up and they all needed to be done. When her things were done she had time off but... it was just nice to help a little more than needed sometimes.

Dress exchanged for something a little less over the top, she still wore her hair pins. Somethings were just a force of habit. The pins were now holding her hair up in a simple bun, keeping them from dipping into the earth as she gathered herbs in the woods. It wasn't a job she liked, (she rather hated getting dirty), but it needed to be done. No to mention she'd be paid for it.

Humming a tune, she plucked a few leaves from a witherhawk brush. Or.. it looked like witherhawk. Augh, well, they'd sort it all out later. Test it on minipets to make sure it was safe. No harm in that after all.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:00 pm
Fai glanced up as the conquest horsewoman came into his area. He was honestly still not certain about the conquest horsemen, especially the ones that had that air about them. Oh, of course that was a misleading statement, he thought with a hint of amusement, ALL conquest horsemen had that air about them, practically.

"If you wish to murder your enemies I can get you a discount price," Fai commented as he watched her pick the leaves. "And something that would leave far less traces than that."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:22 pm
The sudden voice startled her, and made her shoot up, ready to fend some one off if need by. Force of habit, even after being off the islands and not being in lairs, she was still trained to fight after all. Her heartbeat slowed as she realized it was a fellow horseman, if from famine. A horseman with a plant on his head. Well, somethings... Sighing she looked in her basket picking out the herbs.

"Well, testing is what we have minipets for I figured. I can blend the herbs but gathering might as well be a lost art to me. Why gather them when you could have others do it yourself you know?" Well, maybe he didn't know. "This was the task they needed done, so I am trying give me some credit."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:13 am
"I see," Fai said. "So you didn't mean to pick that. Shame," he said. "Perhaps, though, some things really are best left to people accustomed to dirty work." Honestly, he should show her the difference between the herbs, he knew--he just didn't care after that comment about making others do it for her. Although the trying part was less offensive.

"Not all famine horsemen are accomplished with herb gathering," he said, instead. "Those that are not find work that they are accomplished in, and do that, instead. What was your job title in Conquest, if I might ask?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:22 pm
Lan smiled. She did love to 'puff up with pride'. "I am one of the nobles of our clan. Imperial blood in my veins and well, skilled in most of our arts and traditions. One of which is tea making but not tea leaf gathering. Very different." Now that she thought about it, she'd never actually gone to pick tea before. If it was not that difficult... she just might try that one day. Until then she's stick around with having people pick it for her.

Picking the poison leaves from her herbs she spun them in her fingers. Hrm, well depending how bad these are.. I might use them. But you're of famine, and-" eyes darted to the plant on his head, "I am guessing that herb picking is what you're skilled in? Is that one of the jobs of famine clansmen? herb picking?"

She had no idea how she sounded, but then again she never did.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:15 pm
"Actually my job is cultivating various, often deadly plants and crops, as well as finding out the most efficient way to destroy them," Fai said mildly. "Precious is one of the first projects I helped with, and is, till this day, my favorite," he said, reaching up to stroke one of the larger carnivorous heads coming from his hair.

"I do appreciate a good cup of tea, though," he said. "Although it seems interesting that you list it as one of the abilities you are most proud of."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:29 am
Well it wasn't a job Lan was expecting to hear about. Poison wasn't something new to her but growing it and then trying to find ways to be rid of it? Sounded like Famine that was for sure. Looking up to 'Precious' Lan shuddered involuntarily. You wore headdresses in your hair not carnivorous plants. That was just creepy, even for her.

"Tea is the universal drink. The art of tea brewing is highly values. The tea much be perfect for ceremonies and it nurtures us in ways sure refined FEAR can. I am proud of it but you forget I am conquest, there are very few things we are not proud of." Smiling she went over to another tree, looking at the mushrooms growing on it's base. "Hrm, part of me says I should pick that which is destined to give my friend a stomach ache but, part of me says no. What do you think?"

Ice Queen

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:59 am
"Of course you should pick both," Fai said. "And keep them separated for future use. There is no better thing to do than prepare ahead of time, you see. Perhaps you might have unexpected visitors that bother you to the point where you wish to... politely deal with the problem," he added, a slight smile on his face as he went back to picking his own herbs. "In a way which makes you look perfectly innocent. For everyone knows that while you have great experience in making the tea, your experience in picking the leaves is... less than stellar."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:23 am
Laughing, she picked a few more leaves, setting them under the others she'd gathered thus far. "Good point. He'll just have to deal with a delicate stomach for a while is all. That or stop coming over for tea and then cleaning me out of tea cakes. They're so hard to get now." In part because she was just too lazy to make them. If she made them she'd never worry but- that was work. And she'd do what she always did and make too many. It would end up a waste.

"But in Famine, your people are more about the harvesting than tradition or fighting are you not? I know your people scavenge and have many lairs, some of the better ones, but what of your traditions?"

Ice Queen

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:15 am
iStoleYurVamps

"Our greatest tradition is to survive," Fai said a bit dryly. "To adapt, and to move on. We are doing our best in all of those things, but I do believe those are traditions that the new Lost Clan has taken on as well. As for the other... more... traditional type traditions," he said quietly, "it is difficult to celebrate the beginning of a horseman, when no new horseman has come into being. It is difficult to celebrate the victory of a scientific discovery when we have lost all of our notes on the ones we were working on. It is difficult..."

He fell silent, looking at the plants in front of him. "We are a very... tight knit group," he said quietly. "There were no personal sleeping places in our clan, we slept together. We ate together. We laughed and we cried together. And now we cannot help but notice all the voices that are no longer there. All the bodies that are no longer there. It is... like losing a part of oneself."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:43 am
Ice Queen

Lan couldn't say that it was untrue. Famine was good at survival. At adapting. But the sleeping together, the sciences, eating together- she couldn't relate. For her, Conquest had always been rather self reliant. To be strong and powerful and have wisdom and insight. To need no one. Lan had often once upon a time thought that Conquest didn't need the other clans. Now? She needed them. They all needed each other.

It was a large transition to her.

Chuckling, he picked a small flower. It was neither poisonous or healing. It was a simple flower. "Well, soon enough I imagine when things settle, we shall be called upon to create the next generation. That is doubtlessly bound to happen, it's just a matter of when."

The flower dropped into her basket she went on. "But what you say about losing part of yourself- I am sorry but, I cannot relate. In conquest we were a bit more... singular. We all had out roles and places, and we were all unified, but we did not have such close ties. None so obvious at least."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:56 am
"Yes, I am sure that such a situation is easier, now," Fai said quietly. He could see that, he supposed. The Famine Clan was always the... different group. With each conversation that he had with one of the other clans he began to recognize that more clearly.

But it changed nothing for him. It just alienated him more from this new attempt at a clan. They would never understand exactly how deep the bonds that the famine clan had lost. They were different. He had known that mentally, but only now was it sinking in emotionally. He should cling to his fellow famine members, seek to begin again with that deep bond--

But all he felt like doing right now was leaving all of this behind. He had not properly mourned in his heart. He knew it. There should be true mourning, wailing, sobbing, a verbal and visual expression of the loss that they felt--not some silent, emotionless viewing of the death of all their people. For Fai, though, before he could even think of beginning anew, seeking new life for the horsemen, he needed to separate himself from the old.

Wait. He was getting off track again. "Yes, of course," he said, meaning nothing by it. "But I have gathered what I need here. I wish you joy in your scavenging, Noble Lan," he said politely, bowing to her before slipping further into the woods, and out of sight.  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games