Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
Pride I/T: Under Construction But Open. . Sort Of.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:50 pm
It's that time again.

Uta has come up with another pride concept, and she'd like to see if anyone out there might be interested in such a thing.

As I haven't put a ton of thought in to it, since I'd rather see if anyone out there would be interested, this pride has no name. The original idea came from the phrase, feast or famine, so I call it The Pride of Feast and Famine.

I may refer to it as FoF . . .unless I get interest and decide to actually gun for running a second pride. I promise, no disease this time, haha.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Short of It

In this particular pride, the lions have come to recognize that life is a constant war between extremes and opposites. The pendulum of power is always shifting from one, to another, and back again. . . i.e. life and death, night and day, love and hate, war and peace, sickness and health, feast and famine, etc. etc. etc. Life is full of these sorts of 'opposites' and as such, they appear to constantly pull at the lives of all within the world.

So, this particular pride, has decided that they will find fulfillment in their lives by seeking out and achieving as balanced a life as possible. From how they eat to how they war with one another, these lions have a . . . different way of life.

For example, while the hunters in the pride return with enough food, they ration it. Certain families eat one night, while others do not; the following night, those who feasted the day prior go hungry, while those who once starved, did not. This is a ritual that is important to them, for it reminds every lion of their place and that life can change in but a day.

The Ruling King or Queen must pick his or her mate from those who are Slave Born, so they might better temper one another.

There are some years of peace, which are always followed by years of war, so those who are itching for battle or bloodshed or power during such times of peace might find their spirits quelled and quieted.

Etc. etc. etc.

There's more detail about their way of life, but those are just examples of how this pride functions. It's . . .different, to say the least.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:54 pm
The Long Of It

Though the pride runs as a whole, there are two distinct clans that make up the bulk of the pride:

The Noble Born and the Slave Born. ((These names are subject to change.))

Despite having two clans, there are social ranks that can be found in both.

High Class
Nobility
Gentry

Middle Class
Knights
Warriors
Guards
Mercenaries
Historians
Storytellers
Hunters
Gatherers

Low Class
Paupers/Beggers
Slaves

There is a smaller third clan, one that is mostly a moderate and neutral group. The ranks found within are few but are often demanded and called upon by both clans:

Soothsayers
Priests
Clerics
Seers

This group tends to take a moderate stance when it comes to politics. Their talents are used by both Noble and Slave born. Those who are found to have Seer abilities are moved to this clan, regardless if they care to be or not. These lions are rank-less, so to speak, and are the only lions who can move freely between both clans.

The Noble Born

Those who are considered Noble Born are raised with pride. Pride historians will claim that the original pride's roots trace back to those of this portion o the clan, and those who find themselves within Noble Born blood are proud to claim the title of true royalty that runs in their blood.

Will come back to later. Need sleep. neutral

The Slave Born

Rankless

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:59 pm
chicka chick ah . . . .  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:02 pm
i'm a pretty horse, i'm a pretty horse. . .  

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:05 pm
And a one and a two and a . . .  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:08 pm
9__9  

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:11 pm
care bear stare.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:15 pm
Rawr.  

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:26 pm
Needless needles need ned.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:30 pm
One more should do it. . . .  

Uta

Shy Mage

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:58 pm
-sneaks in-
Not quite sure if I can post yet or not, just yell at me and I'll delete. xD
But I really like this idea. I have a male lion that's a blank slate I can throw towards the pride. I really want to do something with him, but I'm not sure what.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:08 pm
This has my curiosity. 83
I'm very much interested~  

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm
Awww, well thanks for the interest, Blu!

This has been an idea that I've been pondering for a little bit, and I'm hoping writing it out will at least better let me see if it'll be worth investment in or not.

There's a lot more to come though in the next week or so while I start trying to make some sense of this idea, haha. If folks are interested once everything is written, I'll certainly be open for possible members. . . . but that's only after I get everything sorted.

xD

edit: Awww, and thanks Cheza! Considering I only have a blurb, it's nice to know some eyes are on it. It'll inspire me to keep writing more information about the concept, for sure!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:15 pm
I love the possible mix of things. It would make interactions very interesting ICy. Do you think members that were in the middle of the scale would be cast out or looked down on?  

Skyflu
Crew

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm
I'm really digging this idea. Seems like a good opportunity for really interesting characters. Really zen, or full of turmoil... I'll definitely be lurking around c:  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games