Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
WOULD YOU SAY THE ANIME FOR RUROUNI KENSHIN IS GOOD?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fav. Character
Kenshin of course.
100%
 100%  [ 85 ]
Total Votes : 85

NkGuy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:56 pm
I've never seen it and I want to badly. The closest thing I got to it is Samurai X. I've been planning to buy the 1st season box set but its 70 dollars. Any suggestions.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:47 pm
Up to the Akamatsu Arc is the best you could find in the RK Anime. The last part, sincerly sucks. There's nothing better, but the manga, the base.

Trust me, A lot of Anime sucks compare to the actual story. Take Samurai Deeper Kyo for example. is only 26 episodes, finished waaaay early than what the manga had (The manga isn't even finished to this day), misses a lot of HOT characters, The story is completly different.

They are at Episode 299 in japan right know. And is far from over. Kyo is beginning to transform into something that looks like a forest-thingy, maybe he really was created by the Mibu, Hotaru and Shinrei, and the crossdresser and who knows who else have been transformed to stone. Not only that, but Sakuya is being kiiled by the curse, And Kyo is starting the fight with the Crimson King. AND I WANT SOME YUYA/KYO ACTION!!! and that king thinks Yuya is a seer! A seer! she's a bounty hunter who should get down and dirty with Kyo and Akimine must show the entire thing with details!!

.... I think I went a little ahead of me.... You never heard such pervertness of me... Kay?

Oh my... *bonks herself* Bad Rainy! Very Bad!  

RainyAkuma

ponponpon way x2

Wild Comrade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:10 pm
It's good, but the best part is um, I believe it's called the Kyoto Arc. The one with the Juppon Gatana and Shishio, maybe it should've ended there, because later on they continue with crazy christians, and humor. Not that it's a bad thing. sweatdrop Still, they left out heck of a lot of the Jinchuu Arc, which made me sad, replacing it with this uh, Feng Shui thing, and covering not even a quarter of it in the OVA.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:17 pm
The first OVA, Tsuiokuhen is good because it's based off Watsuki's manga, though a lot of the funny stuff is taken out.

The first two seasons of the anime are good. The third season is nothing but filler and the last OVA, Seisouhen is the antithesis of Watsuki's story.

Anything beyond the second season is garbage, in sessha's humble opinion.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:57 pm
I like everything Kenshin, but that being said it is soo much better in subtitled version then in dubed version.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:34 am
C'mon! Shougo was good, even though the was a Wannabe! crying I loved that guy for no reason... but, he's number four, after Aoshi... xd  

RainyAkuma

Alpha to Omega

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:30 pm
The anime is very good, but I like it better in subtitles than dubbed.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:34 pm
watch season 1-2 those r the best. Season three is an all filler season so it's not worth watching season three, but if you want you can watch it as well.  

aznnam3dj1n

Zehruk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:56 am
Kakashi-the best ninga
I've never seen it and I want to badly. The closest thing I got to it is Samurai X. I've been planning to buy the 1st season box set but its 70 dollars. Any suggestions.

The best Arc is the Kyoto Ark.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:11 am
Ebay they have it there for like $9 but you have to read the subtitles sweatdrop  

Koaru_neko_chan

Sky~Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:30 pm
Wandering Samurai Arc
Kyoto Arc
Meiji Arc
Those are all the three arcs of the series. The only ones that are valid with the manga (mostly) are the first two. The third one goes compeltly off on its own thing >.<

Then there is also the Movie and two different OVAs.
The movie is ok.
The frist OVA "Trust and Betrayal" Is good and explains Kenshins past.
The Last OVA "Reflection" shows a bit of the Jinchu arc.... but its offf..... and yea... very sad...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:53 pm
I like 'em all, they're very good.  

Nejuf

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fallen Poptart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:22 am
Yes, I would say the anime is very good, just make sure if you see it you watch it with sub titles, it is alot better 3nodding Though I like the manga slightly better than the anime, the anime is still one of my favorites.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:02 pm
All I saw was up to Kenshin vs. Sojiro. But I did see, I loved.  

Nightwind-Dragon

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Elliot_Rhymeless

Nimble Pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:53 pm
Sky~Samurai
Wandering Samurai Arc
Kyoto Arc
Meiji Arc
Those are all the three arcs of the series. The only ones that are valid with the manga (mostly) are the first two. The third one goes compeltly off on its own thing >.<

Then there is also the Movie and two different OVAs.
The movie is ok.
The frist OVA "Trust and Betrayal" Is good and explains Kenshins past.
The Last OVA "Reflection" shows a bit of the Jinchu arc.... but its offf..... and yea... very sad...

Personally, I think that there were only three good things that came out of the anime's Meiji Arc; two of them are songs, and the other is a running-gag between myself and some friends about how Hiko Seijuro got really drunk a while back and taught Hiten Mitsuryugiryu to a deer. That's from when he was starting to talk about how Shougo came to know the style, and they randomly cut to some nature shots, including one of a deer. ^^;  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff