Welcome to Gaia! ::

FMG:The Future Mangaka Guild.

Back to Guilds

Aspiring manga artists and long-time fans of anime and manga,your haven is here. 

Tags: manga, anime, japanese, drawing, friends 

Reply The FMG Main
A suggestion for an event. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hello :)
  +1
View Results

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:43 pm
You may have across this kind of event in deviantart, where you submit an OC for a fighting tournament to the event group, then when accepted you're paired up with another artist's OC. Now, both artists will draw their own version of the comic where the OCs fight each other, after both comics are submitted the judges would decide which comic was better, after deciding which better comic, the artist with the winning comic advances to the next round paring up against another artist, and the losing artist is out of tournament, and so on. So, basically a comic tournament! blaugh

And I think, this would be fun to do. Instead of OCs we use our Gaia avatar along with a specific set of skills (preferably based on zOMG.) Plus, doing this kind of event will not only help us develope our skills, we could also learn and practice more proper anatomy ('cause you gotta admit fighting scenes are odd-looking with incorrect anatomy) and of course, comic writing, shading etc..

So, do you guys think it's a good idea? wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:46 am
tick tock tea
You may have across this kind of event in deviantart, where you submit an OC for a fighting tournament to the event group, then when accepted you're paired up with another artist's OC. Now, both artists will draw their own version of the comic where the OCs fight each other, after both comics are submitted the judges would decide which comic was better, after deciding which better comic, the artist with the winning comic advances to the next round paring up against another artist, and the losing artist is out of tournament, and so on. So, basically a comic tournament! blaugh

And I think, this would be fun to do. Instead of OCs we use our Gaia avatar along with a specific set of skills (preferably based on zOMG.) Plus, doing this kind of event will not only help us develope our skills, we could also learn and practice more proper anatomy ('cause you gotta admit fighting scenes are odd-looking with incorrect anatomy) and of course, comic writing, shading etc..

Hmm,sounds great! Some OC drawing is what we need.The single and most terrible real problem is participation. The previous captain gave me the Captain position over a month ago and only the new members are posting D:
But yes,this sounds great. We can probably smush this event between other contests and updating our joint manga project and other stuff.

But still,getting enough to participate is the main issue.  

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:45 am
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea

Hmm,sounds great! Some OC drawing is what we need.The single and most terrible real problem is participation. The previous captain gave me the Captain position over a month ago and only the new members are posting D:
But yes,this sounds great. We can probably smush this event between other contests and updating our joint manga project and other stuff.

I was thinking of our avatars because it was a Gaia-based event, and it would be more reasonable and I think, with participation we could always advertise it outside the guild, like in the forums or we could also advertise it in My Gaia which is a fan made Gaia online magazine, plus there's also a new Gaia Illustrator magazine that is coming up (another fan-made) which I'm a part of the team and we're providing free advertisements for the first issue.

Also, I don't see this guild being affiliated in other guilds, therefore we could always exchange guild links with other art-related guilds out there!

EDIT: also, making a group page in Deviantart and advertising it there as well, it would be an awesome move!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:57 am
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea

I was thinking of our avatars because it was a Gaia-based event, and it would be more reasonable and I think, with participation we could always advertise it outside the guild, like in the forums or we could also advertise it in My Gaia which is a fan made Gaia online magazine, plus there's also a new Gaia Illustrator magazine that is coming up (another fan-made) which I'm a part of the team and we're providing free advertisements for the first issue.

Also, I don't see this guild being affiliated in other guilds, therefore we could always exchange guild links with other art-related guilds out there!

EDIT: also, making a group page in Deviantart and advertising it there as well, it would be an awesome move!
You seem well suited for the position. Do you want to be our representative? xD
Yes,we don't have anyone we have in common with,there's a few mangaka guilds on Gaia,and this one seems to be the most active. Let's discuss some more ways to spread our influence when we get some more ideas in.  

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:41 am
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea

Yes,we don't have anyone we have in common with,there's a few mangaka guilds on Gaia,and this one seems to be the most active. Let's discuss some more ways to spread our influence when we get some more ideas in.
sorry, that I can't do ^^; I'll be incredibly busy with school, and if I was to end up as a representative I'll have to abandon my position when September comes, which is not far away. Although I wouldn't mind lending a hand to help with the tournament 3nodding

And I think you're hitting this the wrong way, the fact we are an anime art guild already given us the requirements to exchange our links with other anime art-related guilds. They don't have to be specifically wanna-be-Mangaka guilds to be able to affiliate with us, they just have to be an anime, manga or comic creator guild 3nodding

I think with this kind of event we have to think first, how we will be able to construct it in a way that it'll able to have a simple basic plot line for the participants to follow, but first we to get judges, and other helpers with organising the event. Are the crews still active?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:15 am
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist
tick tock tea

sorry, that I can't do ^^; I'll be incredibly busy with school, and if I was to end up as a representative I'll have to abandon my position when September comes, which is not far away. Although I wouldn't mind lending a hand to help with the tournament 3nodding

And I think you're hitting this the wrong way, the fact we are an anime art guild already given us the requirements to exchange our links with other anime art-related guilds. They don't have to be specifically wanna-be-Mangaka guilds to be able to affiliate with us, they just have to be an anime, manga or comic creator guild 3nodding

I think with this kind of event we have to think first, how we will be able to construct it in a way that it'll able to have a simple basic plot line for the participants to follow, but first we to get judges, and other helpers with organising the event. Are the crews still active?

That sounds good. I think I was just kinda nervous that this guild is getting more and more popular xD Especially The Haruist,the vice captain. It's because our responsibilities will stack up as we get larger,I guess?
Alas, me and The Haruist are one of the only members who goes on and checks on the guild everyday. Only the newer members such as yourself are posting regularly. I have sent several restart announcements after my entrance as the new captain and it doesn't seem that most of the members from before I came are posting,lurking at best.  

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 am
The Nagatoist

That sounds good. I think I was just kinda nervous that this guild is getting more and more popular xD Especially The Haruist,the vice captain. It's because our responsibilities will stack up as we get larger,I guess?
Alas, me and The Haruist are one of the only members who goes on and checks on the guild everyday. Only the newer members such as yourself are posting regularly. I have sent several restart announcements after my entrance as the new captain and it doesn't seem that most of the members from before I came are posting,lurking at best.

Well, Gaia's users activities has gone down incredibly by a lot, so I'm not surprise if older members are out of the game, and don't worry if the guild gets bigger you can always hire responsible members to be part of the crews.

So, wait. Are up we up to finding judges for the tournament? 6 judges tops.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:47 am
Hey, you're talking about drawing your avatar since this is Gaia, but what if the member's participating already have OC's which they already have drawn out? It is a OC tournament after all and I don't really feel attached enough to my avatar enough to make more of a personality for her. I have spent time developing my OC's and they all are special to me. So, bottom line question: Instead of our avatars, could we instead draw our actual OC's that we've made? I have like at least 15 of them.  

Angelraven529

quiescentLunacy

Lonely Survivor

16,625 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:47 pm
Angelraven529
Hey, you're talking about drawing your avatar since this is Gaia, but what if the member's participating already have OC's which they already have drawn out? It is a OC tournament after all and I don't really feel attached enough to my avatar enough to make more of a personality for her. I have spent time developing my OC's and they all are special to me. So, bottom line question: Instead of our avatars, could we instead draw our actual OC's that we've made? I have like at least 15 of them.

I like this idea. Mainly for the sake of others, though. I actually modeled my OC after my Gaia avatar, so either way would work for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:51 pm
I really like this idea 3nodding . I just got my new drawing tablet the other day, so this will be a great chance to test it out. And if you need any help setting this up, I'm available most days.  

quiescentLunacy

Lonely Survivor

16,625 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:52 pm
tick tock tea
The Nagatoist

Well, Gaia's users activities has gone down incredibly by a lot, so I'm not surprise if older members are out of the game, and don't worry if the guild gets bigger you can always hire responsible members to be part of the crews.

So, wait. Are up we up to finding judges for the tournament? 6 judges tops.
Sounds good.
Yes,we should start soon,or even now. Those with more polished art and experience,preferably.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 pm
gbioryl
I really like this idea 3nodding . I just got my new drawing tablet the other day, so this will be a great chance to test it out. And if you need any help setting this up, I'm available most days.
You can participate in the contest or try and be a judge :3
Also,there's the mangaka handbook, an instructional fanbook made by various members. If you believe there's a subject in manga drawing you can really teach to others well,I recommend you create a drawn and written guide to contribute to the Handbook. It won't be free of charge,of course. I pay generously :3  

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

quiescentLunacy

Lonely Survivor

16,625 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • That One Hero 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:32 am
The Nagatoist
gbioryl
You can participate in the contest or try and be a judge :3
Also,there's the mangaka handbook, an instructional fanbook made by various members. If you believe there's a subject in manga drawing you can really teach to others well,I recommend you create a drawn and written guide to contribute to the Handbook. It won't be free of charge,of course. I pay generously :3

Cool. I'll see if I can make a tutorial for different styles of anime eyes. Shounen, shoujo, suprised, angry, that kind of thing. 3nodding I can also act as judge. I'm a pretty tough critic, so I'm good at that kind of stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:17 am
So,we just need to gather judges for the contest. Shall I create a separate topic for this?  

Sobbles
Captain

Ruthless Consumer

NO WAII KOWAII

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:36 am
Hm, weird I only got the notices just today... eek

Yeah, fine by me if everyone wanna do an OC Tournament smile
I don't mind being a judge, but I gotta admit my comic skills do need hella a lot of polishing itself, I believe the comic forum has some suitable regulars to become the judges.  
The FMG Main

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff