Back to Guilds

Reply The Role Play Forum ^^
The Musical Future Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What kind of superpower would you want?
  Clairvoyance (ability to predict the future)
  Super Strength
  Flight
  Control of an Element (Water, Fire, Earth, or Air)
  Other
  None
View Results

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:25 pm
Gifted Sisters . . .
In the peaceful kingdom of Permandra, on the moment of total eclipse, a set of twins were born on the Autumn equinox. Because it was such a rare event, the universe gifted the twins with powers that would keep them bound to each other. Together, the twin girls could tell the future. The older twin had the power to write down a person's future, but it was encoded in a musical score. The younger twin had the power to see a person's future by playing the score her sister wrote. Also gifted to the younger twin was the ability to play any musical instrument flawlessly for she would need it if she was to see the future correctly.
The twins lived happily for nine blissful years until disaster struck. The neighboring kingdom of Karica proclaimed war on Permandra. The twins parents knew that if their daughter's powers were revealed that either kingdom would want to use them and the girls would ultimately be used like weapons, stripped of their freedom. So to protect their children, they split up the family, the father took the older twin to Karica where he had family who would help them, and the mother moved to a different part of Permandra where no one would know who her and her youngest daughter were. This way, the twins would be safe.

A Stolen Prince . . .
The prince of Karica was a happy lad. His father doted heavily upon him while he was being brought up to learn how to rule the kingdom. However, when he was ten years old, a madman stole him right from under his father's nose. A spell was laid over the prince to prevent him from being able to return to the castle and he was forced to live in hiding. Eventually he escaped from his captor, but by that time war had broken out between Karica and Permandra. Karica was accusing it's neighbor for the kidnap and when the now 14 year old prince tried to reveal himself to one of the guards, he was wracked with pain and forced to maintain his hiding spot. For the madman had cursed him to never be able to reveal himself.
So the prince continued his life in hiding, and now that he lived among the people, he could see the corruption that had been hidden from him in the palace. He grew angry and decided that if he could not help his people from a position of power, he would do so from a position of secrecy. He made a home in the forgotten underground passages of Karica, and he roamed the streets in disguises, stopping cruelty where he saw it, keeping the corrupt guards away from innocent people.

A Secret Revealed . . .
The twins are now fully grown, both living lives separate from the other, though neither one forgetting their lost family. The eldest made her fortune through selling musical scores which she made by writing down the futures of people whom she saw in the streets. Her work was highly acclaimed and was spread through many kingdoms.
The youngest utilized her gift to play musical instruments and her reputation as a musician spread throughout the kingdom and beyond. People from neighboring kingdoms would come to listen to her play any piece with flawless precision. However, her greatest mistake was to accept the offer to play for the royal court. The prince of Permandra had gotten a hold of one of the pieces of the great music writer of Karica and wished for the greatest musician of his kingdom to play it. Too late did the younger twin realize that the piece was written by her sister . . . and her power to see was revealed in front of the entire court . . .
Now the younger twin is trapped under service to the prince, though she fights for her freedom, and the older twin will be hunted down. For the kingdom which has both girls will surely win the war . . .  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:43 pm
RULES!!
1. Obey Gaia ToS
2. Keep it PG13, swearing at a minimum, no showing sex scenes.
3. PM your profile to me under the title "Freedom Song"
4. I can update these rules as I see fit.
5. At least semi-lit please.
6. This is 1x1 rp no one else post in here besides me and the person I'm rping with.

Characters:

My characters-

Name: Arisa
Personality: Soft-spoken but has strong ideals, loyal to her mother, patient, kind
Ability: Can play any musical instrument flawlessly, can see into the future with the right piece.
Appearance:User Image (The one on the right)

Name: Kendall
Personality: Protective, doesn't anger easily but don't get him mad, slightly pessimistic
Ability: Has learned to move quickly and silently
Appearance:User Image

Your characters-
Name: Kyria
Personality: Smart, Kind, Loyal to those who earn her trust
Ability: Can write down a person's future into music.
Appearance: User Image (The one on the left)

Name: Tyrion of Permandra
Personality: Sharp witted, Brave, Logical, Tends to act without thinking, only shows kindness and loyalty to those few he calls friends.
Ability: Very good with his sword.
Appearance: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:22 pm
((You sneaky, sneaky person . . . going in and editing your profiles into my post. XD))

"Remember Arisa! Be careful!"

"I will mother!" Arisa called back over her shoulder, her long hair whipping over her shoulder as she turned to wave at the elderly woman in the middle of climbing into the carriage that would take her to the palace. This was going to be her largest performance yet! She couldn't be more excited, a grin on her face as she sat down on the cushioned seats. So luxurious!

She would be playing the piano in front of the prince and the royal court. This would be her big chance. If she pleased the prince then maybe she could become the court musician, a high honor for anyone who played an instrument. She sighed a little. If that happened, her mother and her could live in comfort and she could play some beautiful music on beautiful instruments.

When she arrived, she felt shamed by her clothing. She had saved her money and bought the nicest dress she could, but even then, the best thing she could buy paled in comparison to the splendor around her.

"Announcing Miss Arisa Seran, here to play for the court."

Arisa quickly straightened her stance and walked in. She kept her eyes slightly downcast, feeling awkward and embarrassed as she walked forwards. She noticed the piano over on the stage-like area with music pieces already on the stand. She curtsied to the court after she reached the piano before sitting down at the stand. She opened up the first piece and began playing.

((I'll add in Kendall in a bit. ^-^))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:53 am
((Yes I am sneaky wink very sneaky indeed))

Kyria bolted. Like always. But this time instead of running from her fans who wanted to hear their fortunes she ran from Tyrion. She growled a little. Prince Tyrion! Urgh! She wanted to kill him! But she took an oath so couldn't. Frustrating! He'd stolen her music! She knew it was him! He'd always come to her shop asking for her to talk to the spirits. He'd sneered at her abilities at first until he heard someone talking about it and came to investigate. She'd told him that just because he was prince didn't mean he could demand a reading without paying! So he stole some of her work. Four Aria's. They were meant for Karica. They lost their prince she was trying to help find him but nothing came to mind. . . until a few days ago. She'd locked herself in her room and began composing. Didn't emerge for days her father had grown worried until she burst through the door victorious. Then, the night before she started running her shop was broken into, instruments destroyed sheet music plundered and her newest work taken. Her father had given her a lot of money and shoved her in a carriage tell her to keep going to the next country and not stop for anyone!

Half way passed the boarder the horses gave out and the carriage wheels broke. So she took just the money and a small bag with a few changes of clothes and started to run. There was no point in looking back. She knew he would find her if she stopped so she had to keep going!

Tyrion sat in the best seat in the house smiling wickedly. His plan was going well so far. All he had to do was find that stupid girl and he'd have all the fortunes he wanted! He had to find her! His father sat next to him frowning, skeptical like he was. But soon he'd see. He'd see the truth and then send out the order to hunt down the little witch who had fled. He knew she fled since his spies told him she left in the early hours of the morning still half asleep but her father looked panicked beyond belief. Something was up and he was going to get to the bottom of it and make that girl compose for him! If it was the last thing he ever did!  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

Married Conversationalist

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:16 am
Kendall was the prince of Karica. Yet he was disguised as a beggar man on one of the roads leading into his kingdom. He had traveled very far from his home, trying to find a way to break the spell on him that kept him from his throne. He wanted to break it. It would end this stupid war, but until he found a way to break the spell, he couldn't allow himself to be found or caught. He couldn't even explain how he was cursed. It was part of the spell. So as a woman went past him on the road, he shook the change tin that he held in his hand. "Pity a blind man?" he asked, making his voice more gruff and gravely than it really was. He had a blindfold over his eyes, but it was made of a mesh material that allowed him to see through it fairly well. Other people couldn't see his eyes though. And that combined with his hood allowed him to remain unrecognized by the public. Through the blindfold, he could tell that the woman seemed to be in no small state of distress. He wondered if she would stop to help a blind man even in her distress.

Arisa finished the first piece without any problem. Her gift ensured that she could not play an incorrect note with the sheet music in front of her. When she moved to the next piece, however, she was only a few notes in when she knew right away something was wrong. This was one of her sister's pieces. Her sister whom she couldn't even remember anymore . . . she hadn't had this feeling in years. She gasped as she was sucked into the vision, her fingers continuing to play perfectly although her eyes no longer saw the sheet music in front of her. Her body was rigid as her mind was transported into the future.

A young man was part of a group of new recruits. He walked with confidence, joking with his friends in his regiment. They were out on a routine patrol across the border. Along the way, they were met by a beggar man who asked for change. The man dug into his pocket and pulled out a small amount, but it was all he had on him. The man thanked him with a bow and went on his way, his hood slipping slightly as he stood up and blonde hair flashed in the light before the hood was readjusted and the beggar man went on his way. The soldier stared after the man and was about to go after him, a fleeting suspicion running through him before his friends distracted him and all thoughts of the beggar man fled from his mind. He continued his patrol with little incident before his troop strayed a little from the main trail. Off the path, an ambush of the other country's troops were waiting. They were outnumbered and outmaneuvered . . .

Arisa was trapped in the vision until she finished the piece. "No . . ." she whispered as she watched the horrific slaughter as the men tried to defend themselves. "No, stop. Stop it." she whispered, trying to get herself to break from the trance. "STOP!" she shouted, and suddenly she was free from the vision, her hands smashing down on the keys as she breathed heavily, panting as though she had been running a race. She suddenly realized her current surroundings and stiffened before looking back at her audience. She stood up and curtsied low in apology. "I'm sorry Your Highness, but I cannot complete this piece or play any other pieces from this composer. I just- I can't." she said softly, all thoughts of being the court musician gone from her mind. All she wanted now was to go home to her mother. "I'm sorry. I wish to leave now." she said, eyes fixed on the floor.

((Took forever to think of this and when I finally got it all down, computer decided to crash on me. XP But I got it up now! XD))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:53 pm
Kyria stopped and smiled as the beggar person. She knelt down to his level and handed him what she could spare help him to feel the coin so he knew it was money and not rocks like some people had thrown at him. "If you would prefer though." She said after looking around. "I can guide you to a bakery and get you some bread?"

Tyrion leaned forward in his chair at what he was seeing. He was right. "Seize her!" His father roared. "Find the composer! Bring her to me!!" Guards nodded and rushed out sounding an alarm and handing pictures of Kyria to them so they could find her.  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:19 pm
Kendall couldn't help but smile. "That would be very kind of you. But you seem to be in a hurry. Tell me, what are you running from?" he asked, lifting his head to get a better look at her. He kept his voice still altered, but he wouldn't hesitate to help this woman if she was in trouble.

Arisa's eyes were wide as she was seized by the guards. "What?! No! Please! I just want to go home!!" she shouted, struggling against the two soldiers that were holding her. Her vision was blurring as she struggled to hold back tears. She didn't know why she was trying to hold them back, she felt like crying . . . When she caught a glimpse of the picture, her eyes widened further and she struggled even more desperately. The picture could have been her double. Her twin. Their secret was found out. No doubt why she was seized. "NO!" she screamed at the top of her lungs as she made one final attempt to break free.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:49 pm
Kyria smiled softly. "I am." She replied. "I'm just running. Some thing is coming for me and I don't want to be out in the open before I'm found out." She looked around but knew no guards were around to get her. Her father had changed her hair length and colour to help with her disguise. He even put in glass lenses to change her eye colour. A string of guards on horses rode by and she kept her head low not looking at them until long after they went by. "Well I have to keep going now. Have a nice day."

Tyrion grinned. "Take her to the tower! Keep her there until we have the other one!" He bellowed to his father smiling when the king praised him on his choice find.  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:34 pm
Kendall grabbed her wrist. "Come with me. I know how to get around unseen." he whispered to her, reaching up to pull off his blindfold. It had seemed that he had found a kindred spirit. He could understand now wanting to be found. And besides, she had stopped to help him, and now he would help her.

Arisa couldn't stop the tears from spilling over now. "No! Please! Your Highness, I've done nothing wrong! Please! I just want to go home! Let me go!" she screamed as she was dragged away from the room, up to the tower. She struggled the whole way up, her dress getting ripped as she stepped on the hem and tripped a lot in her attempt to escape. The guards even tore the sleeves a bit with their rough handling. She was thrown into a room in the tower and the door was slammed in her face. "Please! Please!" she begged, getting up and rushing to the door, trying to pull it open, but it was locked shut. She banged on the door several times, still trying to open it, futile effort though it was. Eventually, her strength waned and she fell to the floor, sobbing pitifully. She was a prisoner. Her mother had warned her to be careful, and now she was locked up like a criminal. She hadn't even done anything but play the piano! "Dammit . . ." she whispered as she pulled herself up against a wall, her knees pulled against her chest as she rested her head on them. She just wanted to go home . . .  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:46 pm
Kyria blushed a tiny bit her eyes looked him over. He lied about being blind. She smirked she could be fooled so easily but then he said he was going to help her. She ran with him keeping up with him easily. It didn't matter that the guards were after her. This person was helping her hide from them and she was glad for it. The glass lenses were hurting but if she blinked slowly they could be tolerated and if she kept a tight hold of this person's hand then she wouldn't need to worry about seeing where she was going. Not much any way.

"There's no point girl!" Tyrion replied. "I got one half of what I wanted. Just wait the other half will be with you soon. A family reunion! Ahaha!" He called until his voice faded. He had what he wanted. A beauty too. But the other was said to be the same in looks. He just hoped she didn't butcher herself and changed her appearance at all that would be a shame.  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 pm
Kendall smiled reassuringly before he led her off the beaten path into the woods. It wasn't long before he came across what he was looking for. He let go of her hand for a moment to push a boulder aside. Underneath it, one of the many entrances into the forgotten catacombs of Karica. "So, if I may ask, what is your name?" he asked with a grunt as he moved the boulder.

Arisa sobbed as she heard the prince before the sobs became a cry of rage as she got up and threw a nearby chair at the door with a scream before collapsing again. This time, she stayed down, ignoring the skittering of the broken pieces of the poorly made chair across the floor after it splintered upon hitting the door. She had no energy or will to move herself from her position sprawled on the ground. She just wanted to go home. She did not want to be here to be used like a weapon . . . she would sooner die than have that happen. She could only hope that her sister could escape.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:29 am
Kyria watched with a mild smile. So this was the tunnels she had heard about. "My name?" She replied with a mild disinterested smile. "Kyria. Sounds Kira but with an extra 'i' sound." She said gazing around the place her eyes now alight with wonder. "Yours?" She asked touching the stone letting the vibrations of the city above run through her fingertips. Her eyes closed.  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:28 am
Kendall frowned a little and sighed. Of course. He should have known that question would follow. It was only natural, but the spell prevented him from revealing himself to anyone . . . "I'm afraid it's quite impossible for me to tell you that." he said softly, climbing into the tunnels. "And don't ask me why, because it's something I can't tell you either." he added, his voice echoing up through the darkness. In the dim light that was cast down from the entrance above, Kendall found an old torch on the wall. Well, it looked old, but Kendall had been using it just yesterday. Reaching into a pocket in his cloak, he pulled out a tinderbox and struck a match to light the torch. He pulled it off the wall and held it up to look at the opening. "Are you coming?" he called up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:19 pm
Kyria nodded. "I respect your decision not to tell me, however I cannot go around calling out 'hey you' or 'oi boy!' so maybe. . . I should find something to call you?" She wondered out loud her eyes looking for something to call him. "Can I call you Blondie?" She asked smiling at his blonde hair. Though it was her teasing him too. She wanted to call him something he was comfortable with her calling him. She wouldn't name him unless he couldn't think of anything.  

Hikari_Mamo
Captain

24,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

chibi_blue_mouse

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:40 pm
Kendall sighed. "It's not a decision. If it were up to me, I'd let everyone know who I was." he muttered unhappily. When he heard her ask if she could call him 'Blondie', he quickly pulled his hood back up over his head so his hair was hidden again. "No." he answered curtly. "I'll answer to 'Shade' if you must call me something." he said, making up the name on the spot.  
The Role Play Forum ^^

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff