Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:54 pm
User Image
Quan spent most of his time either preparing mixes, or looking for ingredients. But right now he wasn't really doing any of either! While Dongo, the ratel, was out fetching him some more honey, the leopard was occupying himself with a nice, relaxing swim in the lake, near where he had made his home in Tianxia. He liked floating, it felt so relaxing!

This was also a rather nice, quiet little part of the lake. He didn't hate children, but they could be loud and messy. Quan distinctly remembered Wei Gang and Tzu Hsi's spawn, when they were young. Well behaved enough, but at least one or two would always be making a mess in his cave! And getting their pretty fur all dirty, too. He didn't like a messy coat, not at all. At least now they had grown out of such silliness, and the Empress was always very easy to deal with. She was happy to sit still and let him do his work!

Not quite expecting anyone to show up, Quan just enjoyed the water a bit longer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Miandui walked quietly near the lake, admiring the beauty in Tianxia's lands. Sometimes he wondered how such a place could be so beautiful, but also so quiet. It was impossible to find a completely quiet place back home, but it was so much easier to only hear one's own thoughts when walking through his new homelands. Once in a while he could hear the shifting of brush, and knowing that it was his personal guard he ignored it. Ryger was good at what he did, but was still adjusting himself to these lands that wasn't his birth home.

Catching sight of the rippling lake's surface, he noticed...a leopard swimming? Instead of being bothered by it, the Emperor merely smiled to himself and walked along the shore towards where it was swimming, his curiosity needed to be filled. As a lion, swimming never, ever seemed appealing, even in the hot times of summer.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:19 pm
Fortunately he was observant enough to notice after a while. And he also had a good enough memory to identify the new Emperor! He had seen Miandui once or twice, but never actually formally met him. Quan had been wondering when Ting Lan would send him over for some grooming. She's probably to that! right? She liked it when Royalty looked extra pretty. "Your highness!" The leopard blinked, and swam to shallower waters so he could stand.

"What a pleasure to see you here! Did Ting Lan send you my way?" He frowned, had he been warned of this? "I'm so sorry! I had no idea. If you would wait, I'll be ready for you in just a moment!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:24 pm
Miandui's ears twitched a bit as he heard the expression he wasn't quite used to. Not yet, anyway.

When he approached closer to the leopard, he was trying to not chuckle at the soaking wet beast. Certainly he would shake off...not right next to the Emperor, but Miandui wasn't cruel enough to garner any hatred towards the leopard if he did. Then...he was just confused.

"My wife?" he said with a look of concern on his face. "Why would she do that? What..." Clearly there was some planning behind his back for this, and the lion tried to not panic. Women were crafty creatures, and with Ting Lan involved, it sent a little chill down his spine. She was smart.

So instead of pressing the issue, he decided to wait patiently for...whatever the leopard was going to do.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:40 pm
Indeed Quan had the good sense to get a decent distance away to shake off. He felt a little silly now, because his fur just wouldn't look right for a while. But oh well, duty calls! "Why, yes. Your wife." He replied distractedly, trying to quickly pat his fur down and look more presentable. He didn't want to lose credibility!

"For your fur! That's what I do." He tilted his head. Had Ting Lan not even mentioned him? Oh, maybe Miandui had just happened to wander by. Well, he wasn't about to call it a simple coincidence now! Quan was quite eager to get to work, he loved his job. "Oh, well, you'll see! Come with me, it isn't far." And it really wasn't, his cave was even in sight, along the walls to the north of the lake. He trotted part-ways over, then glanced back to see if the Emperor was following.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:48 pm
Uh...this is exactly something that a female would do. Did...Ting Lan think he wasn't clean enough? It was a bit of a shock to the male, but he decided to just go with the flow. If Ting Lan did somehow try to set this up and he failed, she probably wouldn't be too pleased with him.

"Certainly," he said, trying to regain his composure. It wouldn't really help anything it he kept acting like he was flustered over this.

"You do this often, don't you?"  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:01 pm
"Ah, every now and then!" The leopard nodded. Ting Lan would usually visit him once every couple of months or so. Quan also remembered needing to work on the old Emperor once or twice. It had been quite terrifying. He waited until this new Emperor was close and nodded, for him to sit.

His fur looked a little dry. And his mane could use more filling out, to look more impressive. "You see, having nice fur isn't just about it being clean! Have you ever noticed Ting Lan's fur? It's very nice, isn't it?" He considered bragging a bit, but ultimately decided against it. Many thought Quan was silly for being interested in fur as much as he was, but, really... He knew it wasn't essential, but it was pretty nice!

He hurried into the cave, but was quickly back out, with what appeared to be a hollow, dried out baobab fruit. And some... goo inside. "Well, this sort of thing is why!" He announced, cheerfully.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:15 pm
Emperor Miandui sat where he was told to, still a little confused. It was slowly shifting to a more amused feeling, though he was careful to not seem too content. Part of him still wanted to keep a thin veil of power between him and everyone else that wasn't on the same rank as him. So...everyone but Ting Lan. And perhaps their personal guards.

"Yes..." he agreed with the leopard about Ting Lan's fur always being smooth and shiny. He figured it was a female thing, but clearly....not. She had help.

He was still enjoying this little distraction until he saw the goop that the leopard was intent on putting on him. "So uh...where is that going to go?" he asked carefully, failing on keeping up a good attitude and certain royal 'air' around him.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:20 pm
There was a moment where Quan wasn't certain what to say, and he looked between the Emperor and the 'bowl' uncertainly. He had known Ting Lan since she was a cub, though she had not always been agreeable, he felt somewhat less intimidated by her. "Um... On you."

He made a bit of a face and looked down at the container. He didn't really need this for himself right now, but... He raised a paw, dipped it in the goo and, after mixing it around a bit, pulled it out and passed some on his other leg. "Like that! but all over your mane, and then you let it sit, and then you rinse it off. It'll make it fluffier! And shinier! And glorious!" Quan offered with a grin, that grew a bit more sheepish by the second.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:34 pm
It wasn't very reassuring when the leopard didn't seem that confident for a moment. The emperor didn't think he had asked a very complicated question, but clearly it was one that the hair dresser hadn't been expecting.

"Oh, just my mane to start?" Miandui said after chuckling at Quan putting some on himself. "Alright, I think I can handle that right now."

Really, he had just been curious! For all he knew he wanted to put it over his eyes!  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:45 pm
Oh good! Okay, this wasn't going too badly. "Yes! Here, I'll help you." It was a bit hard for anyone to spread stuff all over themselves, and since now the Emperor seemed more receptive of the idea, Quan was happy to lend a paw. Even if a leopard rubbing nondescript goo on a lion's mane looked absolutely ridiculous. He balanced on his hind paws with practiced easier to accomplish the task.

Even though he didn't often work on a full mane, soon enough Quan seemed satisfied with the distribution of the goop. "You will smell very good, too. I think you will like it!" Hopefully. "Oh, and, I almost forgot!" Perhaps indelicate of him, the leopard proceeded to slosh a pawful of goo, whatever was left in the bowl, down his back. "The fur can get pretty damaged by the sun, you see!" He explained cheerfully.

"And now you just have to wait a bit! And then rinse it off in the lake." The leopard took a step back with a big grin, unfazed by how silly the Emperor looked right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:56 pm
Miandui waited patiently, never thinking that he was supposed to lend a paw. This was the leopard's duty, right? It was strange, but he was a little more worried on how Ting Lan might think if he skipped out on this than how he looked at the moment.

He was pretty sure he looked stupid. Ryger wasn't going to let him forget, either.

With a few small sighs here and there, it was announced that he was done. He just had to wait while being covered with this goop. Knowing that he had to take a dip in the lake didn't sound appealing at all. He didn't really care for swimming.

"How long do I need to wait?" he said, a bit of tension in his voice. He wasn't looking forward to the rise process.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:59 pm
"Oh, a little bit." He paused, awkwardly, and looked around. He couldn't find anything with which to measure time. Quan himself knew when things were done, but it might have been helpful to have something to provide as a reference. Hm. Maybe he'd have to think of something.

He was never one to deal well with awkward silences. "Uh... So. Do you like being Emperor so far?" Somehow awkward small-talk seemed less bad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:05 pm
He wasn't too pleased with waiting, but at least it didn't sound like he was going to have to wait for hours.

Then the conversation turned a bit awkward, even for someone who may have to converse with those he worked on.

"It is fine," Miandui said with a slight growl. "I miss my homelands at times, but it is much more beautiful and quiet here. Thoughts I was reflecting on while walking along the lake before I got goaded into....this," he said, gesturing at his messy, sticky self.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:09 pm
Oh, woops. He laid his ears, feeling awkward, but still managed to provide the Emperor with a sheepish little smile. He looked away then, and thumped his tail against the ground a few times. If Quan could whistle, he would probably be whistling to pass the time.

"Alrighty! So I guess that's enough. Now all you need to do, is, ah, jump in!" He motioned to the lake. Lions complained about water quite a bit, something Quan never understood. "And then you just... move around and... yeah. Rinse it all off!" And then both of them would be freeeeee.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff