Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
A Jobless, Parent Mooching, University Student Draws Near!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:15 am
Hey guys, as the title says, I have the month to be myself before I depart to university yet again, so let's make the best of this!

How did everyone's Summers go? For me, it was really busy, as I'm not sure if I told you guys yet, but in June, I got the call I've been waiting for and am going to freaking Malaysia for a year to study in two years! So knowing that that is going to be expensive as hell, I decided to start working now. Other news is me reading a lot of books, mainly on the solar system, as those things are interesting, as well as Luo Guanzhong's Romance of the Three Kingdoms, a two thousand page book with over 1,000 characters, and forty main characters. So far, I really like it, I never really examined the Chinese culture myself, but reading the book, and watching the drama really made me interested in such.

I also got the full score to The Planets (by Gustav Holst) suite, because I love the entire piece, and right now, I am occupied in trying to get the dynamics right for Neptune, the Mystic, as Neptune is my favourite planet, and it's also a fun piece to play for flute. I played a lot of games this summer too~ right now, I'm playing three games: Valkyrie Profile in Japanese, just out of curiosity, Dragon Quest IV for the PS1, also in Japanese, and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, mainly because I have never played Master Quest before, but I really want to.

Anyway, did you guys do anything fun or exciting?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:10 pm
Good for you, going to study abroad! And also good on ya for getting a job and working towards a goal. Sounds like you've been pretty inspired too.

I go back to college in around 2 weeks. Aside from piano playing, drawing, going to the gym, and farting around, I spent much of the beginning of the summer searching for job and volunteer opportunities for future teachers, as I have declared my education major and need experience. Unfortunately no one got back to me. But at least I did get my name out and learn about local organizations, since I'm still rather new to the area where my parents live.
I took some watercolor classes too, because while I have fooled a bit with watercolor in the past, I have had little professional instruction and I really wanted to learn how to use the medium. I attended two of them. One of them was excellent and I feel I have far more techniques in my arsenal and I feel far more artsy after attending it. THe other was a bit of a bust, since the teacher was very casual and didn't really have lesson plans or concrete things to tell me. It was a more recreational class and other people could enjoy it, but it wasn't for me. Now I really just need to work on brush control and expressive strokes. I really hope I can turn these skills into some impressive pieces. I did a lot of studies, and will continue to do them. Especially since they're also relaxing.

I wasn't around as much for this past week or two because I just got back from a 12 day vacation in Nova Scotia and Cape Breton. We went to see some beautiful national parks and we spent a while at a resort in Cape Breton. I saw plenty of wonderful sites, got plenty of exersize and relaxation, and got to do some studies up there too. Aside from some family drama, it was a great trip.

So, I'm just hanging out and doing some last minute things right now. I haven't played any new video games since the spring, but I have been replaying games like DQ 3 and 4, and Legend of Dragoon. I actually haven't played too many games at all. But I'll be around for more chatting and hanging out and talking about DQ.  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 pm
Awesome summers, it sounds like you guys had!

As for me...

It's been a bit of a hit and miss. Ups and downs; we have them all, don't we. I had some family drama here and there, some technology and machinery breakdowns (Texas summers without air conditioning are completely bogus, yo), and just run-of-the mill ordinary days.

I've done some writing (not enough in my opinion, but lately I cannot focus.) I haven't even touched Advance Wars during the summer because again, I cannot focus. I tried looking for work, but I never ended up finding anything, so I kinda just lost my motivation to do anything at all. It's horrible.

But I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. I go back next week, and I'm on my last year and a half of university life.

I've spent time on dA, AIM, and here on Gaia talking to people, RP'ing, and generally having a good time.

I just had my niece over last week, and we had tons of fun. She has a lot more energy than I do though. She's 7, and I feel like she could run circles around me many times over because she's so dang hyper. ._.;

Before that I visited a weekend convention in my town. =D I took photos of a lot of cosplayers, and was happy to see my newest fandom, Hetalia among the cosplayers. The costumes were very awesome. I even saw an Edea of Final Fantasy 8 (oh lord, I still remember that game?) who was like... spot on. She had a Saifer with her too.

My sister took me to a museum where I saw some cool historical things. I just about squeed when I saw a legit piece of the Berlin Wall and the graffiti. (I'm a history nerd and the Berlin Wall has fascinated me since I read about it.)

This week, I have no company or no plans, so I'm just chillin' at home, telling everyone that next Wednesday, I'm going back to school. It will be nice to feel challenged again. ;D  
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games