Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]
[LOG/RP] Our duties over our love [ Jelani x Abila ][ fin ] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:13 pm
User ImageShe had learned many things along the way, since they first met. Their hardships. Their heartaches.But now it was time for them to get acusually married. But somehow no matter how bad it was in her heart to have dissed Espoir like she did, she knew that the pride came first.. Her duties, and she looked solmnly quiet. She had grown in to a respectable young woman. Getting the rank of Entertainer Currency, and now was an aspiring Geisha. She was in royalty because SHE made it there. Having to work extra hard, when she knew certain things she could NOT do and others could.

She had... been thankful for this. The truth in her rank was dishonorable, yet honorable- she wondered if her mother had to go through that, but likely didn't. HEr mother had too much respect. Their were other ways to get to the top without selling your body. With song and with dance, and the more popular she got, the more desired she was- and others hated the fact that they couldn't touch what so ever. It made them yearn for it more.

But after every concert, she would not waver. SHe would not 'hang around'.. she would go straight to him.

She was owned already... From a rugrat, now she had stepped the fine line of womanhood, and many could tell now, she was a spitting image of her mother. With her elegant speech, and how she carried herself. A LADY. She was slowly walking towards her concert... She was the head, like many times before. Her last one for a while.. Her head held high.. but in this concert... there was only HIM. Like an aduition... She would have to do her very best- for the hardest person she ever had to impress.. Decked out in lavishing long cloths and jewelry.. Every step was refined, and the when she got on stage... the sounds of the music made from other entertains ceased...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:21 pm
Jelani made his way towards where Abila told him to meet her. Apparently she was putting on some sort of show for him. He found this strange, but he was interested to see where all this training came from and what came from it. He wasn't sure how singing and dancing would help with survival skills and it wasn't something he would want for his offspring if he had any. He was sure it was expected on some level but how could he see her as anything more than the cub he had met.

Walking into the entertainment room he laid down in the middle watching the others set up. He found it strange that he was the only one here. His eyes watching as his tail flicked anxiously back and forth.

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:29 pm
The sound ceased and when she got up on stage, it was like the opening of her heart. Tap against tap with the sound started to rise again and from the depts, this dance was the dance of warriors. She had been working months on it.

It could been shown as she jumped straight up.. The elegance that left her, with strength that could match a work out any fighter could do. Like a bird she looked like she was flying and when she landed, she landed on her front paws, twirled and used the same momentum to start the dance.

The music started to rise and her cloth waved in the air as her movements gave them slight within her own wind. It was more about strength, and her face looked little to happy- no it was filled with the fire of determination. To prove one's self.. Dashing around doing executions of what seemed more like fighting moves and evasion then for 'arousing' entertainment.

She designed it for HIM. It had been a few good movements of this before, like an actor seeming like someone had striked her, and she so elegantly fell...

The dance was not over yet..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:22 pm
Jelani soon noted that there wasn't anyone else coming, only him...which he found strange because he thought he had told her his position on the entertainment. When she told him he couldn't watch the training anymore, this must have been why. He could see that she was good at this, but his mind would never comprehend why. Why she needed this? He did feel some sort of satisfation knowing that he was the only one there. That she designed it for him, but was their an alterior motive he should be concerned about. They were to be married in just a few short moons, what was he supposed to think? So he watched entranced at her movements until she fell, wondering if it was a mistake or intentional. She wasn't the type to make a mistake.  

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:18 pm
The music once again died down, leaving her sashes to slowly cover her as if she had died in that instant. But then when the music started up- it wasn't dangerously exciting music, is was smooth... Alluring..

One of the cheetahs came forward.
"It was a long fight..." The voice was strong, and yet so delicately feminine. The story teller of this dance..
"A warrior brisk in the middle of war, But the war finally won over warrior.. and died- the earth rumbled in sorrow and the winds changed direction... It was the earth whom yelled to release him...Bring him to life once more! And someone had answered the call.."

Then slowly, almost looking in shambles as she rose... But even that looked elegant.
Waving around until she rose her head up. Then the fire came from her eyesas she darted towards still on stage and stopped at its end before flipping and pulling the ground beneath her, letting the sand's mist lengthen her arial twirls. As if that was her very spirit seperating.. it was a dance now of elegance and enlightment..

"A spirit came to the warrior- a savior..."

And as she twirled in the air so precisely.. she then took up the floor with a jolt of speed and off the stage.. And so gently as last time, she fell- her sashes wisping in the air of her travel.. and she landed in front of him, still in momentum as she swiftly took that step to close the gap between them- getting insanely close to his face.. Only breaths away..

"To pull the warrior out of death.. and in to the embrace of salvation.."

Then she kissed him..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:43 pm
Jelani watched getting more intrigued by the moment at the little story line, entranced waiting for what was to happen. Though as she edged closer and closer to him, he found himself slowly getting to his feet. Her face to his, warm and soft...sighing softly, "Abila," he whispered softly...the eyes of the others still on the stage was starting to make him uncomfortable. "Follow me," he looked to her, before turning to go back to his empty quarters where there was no eyes. He wasn't sure what to think of this female or her actions, if anything she confused him. She seemed to hate him for so long, granted she was young...but what had changed? Why did she not spurn him yet seemed to embrace him now. Following the darkened corridors, still empty yet familiar to him after so many moons he was standing in his quarters...comfortable. "What are you doing?" the skeptic in his voice shining though.  

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:58 pm
With the kiss she planted, she tried to shove her doubts away and give in to the enevitable..She was going to marry this male in front of her. Then released- but instead of being met with a warm embrace like others spoke of. He simply said 'follow me' and once that happened- it was as if she were escaping prison.

"Wha- Hey!" One girl flew from the stage to go after them but was met with a guard at her wake. "He's paid.. He already owns her." Looking at the music maker sharpy..

Through the tunnels, her heart had been at her throat and followed him.. This wasn't what others said it'd be! It was completely different! Was she some run away now? But she didn't stop neither. Continuing to choose running after him. Then she realized where he had been heading and it was to his corridors. A place she had often visited and would soon become hers as well.

Catching her breath as she stopped abruptly after he did. The dance had took so much out of her- to then run? It was a skip of a beat. "I ..don't understand." Looking at him, though she only saw his back.. Had she done something wrong? She KNEW he hated her entertaining- was it.. really so horrible? Was it a mistake to grab his attention this way? The only way she knew to break the ice?

She was an entertainer, and a damned good one. An aspiring Geisha- and had well become currency all on her own. Hostessing, the art of conversations, dance and song.But only one- could she not please.. and it had been the one she was marrying. How many envied him to have a beauty at his side- and not show her adoration? There had been many, or so her teacher told her. The dance she worked so hard on.. She began to doubt if she was even good enough for the title of currency anymore..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:09 pm
The male still wasn't used to the customs of this pride, he found most of it confusing so usually played dumb so he wouldn't have to attempt to learn. He preferred to ignore it for his own sanity. Jelani turned to face the younger female, his dark eyes looming over into hers. "Why did you do that?" he didn't want to insinuate the dance or touch, either. All he wanted was an explanation. You couldn't just flip a switch like that, he knew she didn't love him nor he her. How could he. He couldn't deny her beauty but there was always something more. He wanted the more but wasn't sure how to obtain it. Sighing softly he moved to lay down on the sandy ground, looking up at her. His brows knitting together as he thought hard, "There are things about me you don't know, and for those reasons I see the world differently. But you need not to force yourself upon me, I'll survive." His voice serious as his tail twitched behind him.  

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 pm
It was- almost like a disillusion. All the fantasies that they played- all the fame she had now had gone from her. He spoke to her- not like some celebrity or a royal but had pulled her down to earth. No. Crashed her down to earth and all the courage she had dancing had escaped her.

She didn't exactly know what to say. His questions baffled her, as to how he could not just accept it willingly. Watching his reactions, she was good at that. Watching. Looking for the weaker spots and desires but he had kept her in the dark of him.

She already knew this.

Surprise caught her- then she looked down. Then back up- then down again. As if she disappointed him in some way..

"Ill stop dancing then." Followed by a hard silence. "Myself, will move to branch that is naught of expoitation like you want.." Her body slowly, if easily, came to his side...Lowering herself more than he- as if to show submission and respect.

"And for those reasons myself will have to learn to cope with." Finally looking at him, her words before had been nervous but now they had become hers. Delicate, elegant and soft. "...." The why question, had stumped her though.. but she gazed away for a moment then returned it to him... Hoping to catch his eye as she laid so close but not touching him. ".... If myself, can not get the attention of my husband... then I am less than nothing.." The words seemed hurtful- and it could be shown on her face how disappointed she was at herself... Blaming herself for this. "Am I naught what you desire..." Lowering her head even more, almost to her paws now.. Looking down at them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:46 pm
Jelani watched her, as she spoke. She would give up what she loved the most for him? She wanted to be a Geisha, though he couldn't say he approved she wanted to be on the council. Wasn't their another way...it proved to be a predicament. It didn't just involve his happiness, but hers. He was responsible for her, and unlike most males who were selfish he wanted her to be happy, even if she was his property. He looked over the female once more as she spoke, "Is that what you want? My attentions, affection?" He tilted his head slightly, his eyes narrowed disbelieving her for some strange reason. "Because if that is what you want, you do not need to dance to do that. I stop myself because you're young and I will not force you into anything you don't want to do. I can't call off the marriage by any means, but I can refuse you...being just between us. If that is what you desire," he stated, watching as she seemed to get sad. He couldn't help the boyish smirk on his face, "Strange as it may seem, you are beautiful Abila and I do desire you. Very much," his words were gentle, "But I was under the impression a beat up guy like me wasn't what you would prefer."  

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:13 pm
"And if in such lure, I sought only to prove that myself is no mere cubling anymore." Lifting her head softly. Though the girl was holding a terribly strong secret that she had let go so many moons ago.. That her heart from that point turned to lean on Jelani's protective suit but it had proven a task and still she had felt she did not succeed. "And to refuse is equal sentence than death." Her refined speech was taught by her mother and teacher. The way they spoke- was a language like their own. Meant to lure and entertain the ideas in the other's head seeking their interests. But to her, it had been bred in to her..

It wouldn't work on him. Nothing did. The more he didn't look at her- and the fact Espoir was no longer in her life.. She had made it her purpose to get him to notice her. She didn'tknow anything about him, maybe that was where they had been wrong all along. She remained quiet throughout, to listen carefully..

But it came to her as a surprise to hear he had desired her. But- she hadn't proven strength yet- she hadn't gotten one mere affection from him in the days from when they met! Had she been oblivious to his desires all along? Her eyes widened, "But- Sir Currency, have I been blind of this? My attempts were fore naught then? This has confused be greatly, please explain this to me." Putting her paw gently over, draping it upon his paw. Genuinely confused, and even concerned. "Myself, have seen many that have come back to us- bloody and broken- I may not refuse you for such low of a reason. If not insulted, if I were not yours."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:32 pm
The male watched her, "I can see your not a cub," he kept himself from chuckling. That much was true, that and there marriage was soon approaching since she could have cubs. He just wasn't sure if he wanted to. He wanted her to be ready for them, he hadn't been ready the first time. His eyes drifting down to her paw on his, he didn't think that he could have been more nervous talking to someone. He had spent so much time with her and knew nothing of her. "Not blind...I am more reserved than most," he stated. It made him come off as cold when really he was just taking everything in. Jelani hummed lowly, "My apologies for insulting you," he was used to being imperfect, and not wanted...he figurd it was why he was traded aside from one of the other warriors.

This was the first time that he might have seen her as an adult, having an actual conversation of sorts. "What meal do you prefer?" he inquired as he had an idea formulating in his mind, for perhaps an ice breaker aside from the elephant in the room for them to be betrothed.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:42 pm
"Then I was blind. My apologizes for not understanding. I merely sought you- the best way I know I could." Which was the expression in her dance, and the expression of what she thought of him. A strong warrior. That she had taken for granted all this time.. She had even asked to learn more about him from her mother. But alas she was only met with praises to his loyalty and strength, A fine male for her daughter. Even if their marriage seemed rushed- now it was on time.

"I can not be insulted by you- I am yours." Though, as of recent she had been a lot more detached growing out of her happy- go lucky- entertaining cub like she was- she was more refined now. But still so gentle, "I am whatever you want me to be." There was truth in her words, she could be molded to his likes.. But deep down there was the Abila waiting to be freed. The Abila she threw away long ago.

Then she retracted her paw from his. A tail flipping as she looked at him. No one asked her what meal SHE wanted.. It bother surprised her and made her softly smile. Fakely smiles came natural to her- as an entertainer. It was as if it were real to even her. "What ever you like- i will like as well I'm sure." Bowing her head softly.. She seemed- to look relaxed, but really she felt like she was walking on thin ice- always when around him.. because she had yet to understand him like she did the others she had spoke to before him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:59 pm
Jelani watched her she was harder to talk to than it seemed. "You don't have to put on a show for me, and I do not mean to insult you by that. I mean that you can just come to me if you have a problem or need something. You just have to say it," he stated firmly as she seemed to recoil from him. He knew she was his, but he didnt feel like he could touch her or be honest with her. He didn't know her. "I want you to be you, no need to change on my behalf. I have lived with the deplorable and the ugly, you are a reprieve." He moved stretching himself out on the cool ground, watching her from where he laid. "Yes, spoken like a true politician. I want to know what YOU want," he emphasized. He was a superb hunter and was sure he could catch whatever she wanted he would find. "Abila?" he inquired touching her cheek softly, wondering how he was going to make her happy or at least try to. Though he wasn't sure if touching her was the right move.  

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:04 pm
The cheetah entertainer was at a loss, when it came to him. She was trained to read others so well but now. It was as if she were walking in the dark without her keen eye vision. Blind. Her- to be her, her was everything he didn't want. Or so she thought, thus why she tried even harder to gain and refined look. Which was slowly pulling her entertainer self out.. and putting on Abila's skin again. Or so it felt.

But she casted her gaze away once more. Her ears flat against her head. All these things he told her- now were different than what she had thought he was going to be like. They were nearing the date of marriage and it was as if they had 'met' again. It was all new and she wanted to start fresh. All this time wasted- she wanted to at least give this a try.. Even if she hadn't loved him at first her mother said you can learn to love.. Hopefully this would prove true. But she didn't want to get her hopes up, until her touched her cheek..

Her eyes shot back at him, surprised at his touch- a first vulantary one without her doing something 'ad' as a child or him saving her. Then her eyes went soft, and her heart swelled for just an instant.. Lifting her paw to hold his against her cheek. Soaking in the attention no matter how little it was. "I don't know what I like- or.. for that matter who I am.. So when you ask me those questions myself is at a loss of what to say.." Closing her eyes still holding on to his paw to her face... but then, like a child.. She sunk in to his arms. Closing the gap between them and curling her head in to his neck. "...Teach me about you. I ache to know you..We marry in.. such short time.. that above myself, I only want to know you.."

[IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff