15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:49 pm
Featuring:

User Image & User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Alone, alone and scared senseless. Those are the words that would best describe Chusi, and she ambled about the Rogue Lands, with no real destination in mind. She wanted more than anything to be safe and warm, but nowhere she went would give her that security. She would always be in danger, of even the simplest of things. The sand, which harbored insects, or the sky which dropped the rain … A cave filled with bats, who want to suck your blood. Nothing was safe, and so she pushed on. Exhaustion and fear ever present on her sagging face. She needed a good nights sleep, and if you asked her, probably wouldn't be able to tell you when her last one was. But she was good at the whole 'not sleeping' thing. It was like she'd perfected some way of staying awake for days on end, without the need for adrenaline rushes. She remembered her days of having to rely on those, and shuddered at the thought. Jumping from unbelievable heights all for the sake of staying awake? She was so over that, now she just pushed on until she physically fell down from depleted resources. Tonight, she would be near the end of those resources, she could already feel her body giving in to itself and it had her in a very special kind of panic. Everything around her, became an enemy ready for attack, she became twitchy and jumped at the slightest bits of noise. Which was somewhat typical for this lioness... only it was more pronounced this evening, as she prepared to fall asleep on her feet.

Unknown to the female, she was very deep into the Kitwana'antara. So deep in fact, that had nearly breached their security twice. She was in what was called a 'safe zone.' But from what he gathered from the scouts, she was very near an unwelcome encounter. Mlinzi would never allow such a thing, and as result decided to go out looking for her. He was already heading out anyway, he was on the hunt for a special type of mushroom. It would help relieve arthritis, and didn't have a bad taste either. Though, the main side effect was an awful rash... But nothing he couldn't fix with a simple salve! He had loads of those back at home, but his mushroom supply was running low. Raising his nose to the wind, he caught her scent, it was a female a scared female. Well, he couldn't really blame her for the fear part. This place could be a little scary to those unfamiliar with its story. Which was pretty much everyone except pride members. He chose to shrug off his thoughts, instead trying to fit his stance to something less frightening. He could tell he was fast approaching on her, simply by scent alone. He would rather not appear a threat when he was no such thing. “EXCUSE ME! I-I can't see you, but I know you're there. Please – could you come to the sound of my voice?” Well that was an awkward opener, but what else could he do?

The voice, sent the poor female inches into the air. Her fur now bristled and on end, she took heavy breaths as she tried to regain it. Who was that? Someone was watching her? NO, they couldn't be watching her, he had just said he couldn't see her! At least something was working in her favor this evening. Weak from exhaustion, she attempted to stand tall, warding off any threats that were around her. But she failed miserably. She knew she had to give in to this new voice, or risk even more danger. But what is this voice was already dangerous? He didn't sound it, but one could never be too sure. “How do I know I can trust you? The rogue lands are a very dangerous place these days.”

Well that question was simple enough to answer, and for that he was glad. “Well my dear, for one you are no longer in the rogue lands. Secondly, I have no true way of proving my pacifism if you do not reveal yourself.”

She wasn't in the rogue lands anymore? What did he mean? Surely he was lying to her? She'd been so sure she was on the right path, hadn't she just spoken with a lion who said he was traveling the rogue lands? No, that had been days ago. Everything seemed to mush together when you went without sleep. But forget that, now she was even more fearful, she was in potential enemy territory. “A-Alright i'm coming to your voice. P-please don't act rashly!” Her words faltered in her throat and anyone with ears could hear the fear in them.

“You have nothing to fear, I assure you. I assume you'll see this for yourself when you find me.” He chortled lightly at his own expense and waited patiently for her to find him. He wouldn't leave this spot, not until she arrived. If she chose to run from him? Well that would be a mistake she would have to make for herself, he would no longer worry over someone who cared little for their own safety.

As she came nearer to the voice, her heart rate picked up, and refused to slow. She was in a sheer panic, was this lion fooling her? She had no real proof one way or the other, but she had always been one for thinking the worst of a situation before the best. As she walked, the mist was heavy, and she had little use of her sight before her. When she nearly toppled over a white rock, she yelped in fear and took numerous steps backward. Her heart nearly stopped the moment the white rock moved? No way it had moved?

“Ooof!” Mlinzi had the wind knocked out of him, and he fell over on his rear. There was no real way he could tell what had happened. Until, the yelp. “Ah its you.” He smiled as if it were some awkward greeting. “Calm yourself and take a few steps closer, you will see I am of no harm.” Beckoning her forward with his paw, Mlinzi adjusted himself to face the yelp he had heard.

“I'm sorry, p—pleASE don't hurt me. I-I didn't see you!” The words slipped easily from her lips as she apologized again and again. But he held no malice towards her for her act. Instead he urged her forward, as if there were something he wanted her to see. Something that would prove he was harmless? Should she really go forward? Instincts told her no, but curiosity pulled her forward. As she stepped cautiously into the lion's face, she took note of his milky eyes. He was blind, no real threat at all. So overjoyed by this fact, Chusi let out a giggle of happiness at the prospect. “Oh! Sorry, I wasn't laughing at you. I was uh, laughing at the way I reacted?"

“Its quite alright. Thank you for your honesty.” He stated calmly, nodding his head as if to affirm that. “You sound rattled, why don't we find a place to chat, and you can relax a bit?” He wasn't entirely sure she would take him up on the offer, but he hoped she would. Not only for the sake of the pride, but also for her own. This was a dangerous place for those unaware of its secrets.

“O-Ok.” She understood that he couldn't see her, but he seemed so worried about her, was he tricking her? “H-How do you know I need to relax?” She asked bluntly, pausing midstep awaiting his answer.

“Huh? Well your voice is quite shaky, I only meant for you to calm your nerves. Nothing more to it.” He shrugged off his own words, and her blunt tone, turning back to her once more. “Now about that chat...”

Word Count: 1321

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers