Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Tsukiko Mizuchi, The Marine Kirin (accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:45 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

User Image
Name: Tsukiko Mizuchi
Nicknames: Tsuki

Faction: Monster
Race: Marine Kirin

Natural Ability:
Lightfoot:
Wherever a Kirin treads, nothing underfoot is touched, giving the illusion they are walking on thin air. It can walk on grass, yet not a single blade is bent. Kirin are also able to walk on water, though nary a ripple is made.

Personality:
Tsukiko sometimes blanks out (a.k.a. a Space Cadet) and her memory isn't 100%. She's okay with faces, but horrible with names. She has to concentrate hard to remember something. Otherwise... most of the time she'll forget. She has a tendency to get lost almost all the time. Technology isn't her strong suit either.

Most of the time:
Tsukiko's uneasy in large groups/crowds and dislikes loud noises & bright lights. She's quiet/soft-spoken, shy, & timid at first. Depending upon the severity of her shyness & the situation, she may "petrify" and become a rather luminescent statue. Her shyness may fade, but not entirely, once she's used to someone & familiar with where she is. If her shyness does fade, it may suddenly spring up again if something changes (or whatever was distracting her isn't so distracting anymore). Though usually concern for someone else will take precedence (if someone's in need, no matter how Jackin' shy she is, the shyness vanishes to be replaced with concern and she'll try to help them, no matter what).
She's also aware of how insanely dense she is, and feels really bad when someone has to repeat things several times. Tsukiko tries her best, she really does, but when something confuses her... or she forgets... It takes an extremely patient ghoul or boil to deal with her.

Can also be:
Tsukiko has a more aggressive & assertive side that rarely shows. Only when she's in a state of agitation (mostly when she's getting really angry or being threatened). Then she snaps and goes into her defensive "dark side", her fear turning into anger (if not angry already). The anger flares up and takes over. This occurs also when a friend and/or innocent boil or ghoul is threatened.
(She's not exactly the smartest Kirin on the block, so she gets things mixed up. Until she finds a more accurate way to describe it, without sounding like a loon... She's stuck with the best description she can think of (an alternate personality). The truth is, she's gentle, kind, sweet, and shy most of the time. But when push comes to shove...)
(( Probably a close example of what I mean would be White Haru & Black Haru from Fruits Basket. ))

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
To learn how to control her FEAR abilities (and be less shy... to put it mildly). Amityville Academy also seemed less prone to impromptu renovations caused by a stray bomb or a dozen or more...

FEAR Ability:
Y1
Serene Aura The Chill
Tsukiko gives off a calming/soothing aura, which also has the effect of slowly healing the injuries of those in close proximity to her. The more severe the injury, the longer it'll take to heal.

Y2
Tazer-beam: Headlights
Just your basic bio-electric shock, amplified by FEAR and directed at the target. Acts much like a taser from the human world. Has a chance to stun and inflict mild damage.

Y3
When Lightning Strikes: Swift Strikes
Tsukiko is able to fire the FEAR-amplified bio-electric shock with a greater charge level, striking the target with what appears to be a bolt of blue lightning. Ouch. Chance of stunning and higher damage (equivalent to that of a normal lightning strike).

Physical Description:
Tsukiko appears as a humanoid Kirin, but with digitigrade feet, not hooves.
See references for physical build of humanoid version; if in doubt, yes she's busty. It plagues her.
Tsukiko's natural form is somewhat close the Hart & Hind reference.

Even in her natural form, she doesn't have hooves; rather, she has clawed/taloned 'paws', like a dragon. These are slightly webbed; the hind feet more so than the front paws. Her type of Kirin tend to have slightly more Dragon-like features than a traditional Kirin.

Eye Colour: Light blue

Hair Colour/Style: Long (as in, insanely long), black, & slightly "poofy".

Skin Colour: Black

Clothing Style/Colours: Based on Persephone's Dark Toga; black with blue wave/flame-like pattern trim. Sometimes she wears varying styles of kimonos (one of them similar to the Nihonshu Geisha's kimono & another the summer festival furisode/kimono), but always with the same color & pattern (though sometimes the pattern may change to reflect that of a firefly squid's). She's always barefoot. She has an azure belt pouch; the pouch is fuzzy (like fur) and the same color as the belt. The belt is rope-like.
Extra: She has a black tail, pointy ears, & a slightly curved horn. Scales on her body & tail; both scales & horn glow faintly (bioluminescent). Scales & horn are varying shades of blue.
References: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
B/C Reference: Hart & Hind
Art References:
Headshot & FB 1 & FB 2 & FB 3
More available upon request.
Just a note; the tail is supposed to be like the rest of the body. Smooth black with the blue scales. Not like what the avatar/tektek has.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:46 pm
Tsukiko's Items
Where Tsukiko keeps the random stuff she's collected during her visits to Amityville (and possible future enrollment). Some of these items are carried with her in the azure belt pouch.

Carried with her at all times:
User Image Year of the Dragon charm; obtained from the Fright Night 2012 event.

User Image Pale Green Jade ball with engravings on the sides; family heirloom.
(Close approximation of it.)

Art Received
None yet. ;A;

Possible scenarios:
* Tsukiko eating an arctic shivercone.

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 pm
Family/History
Not only is Tsukiko Mizuchi a member of the First's clan, she's a direct descendant. (No pressure, right?)
Long, long, long ago, the First's clan was enslaved by a Marine Demon race. The exact kind is unknown; this information was lost to the ravages of time. During the enslavement, the First & their clan's physiological makeup began to change. Through evolution or... some other means, it is unclear. What is known is that their clan began to favor their dragon-like half more and became adapted to a semi-aquatic environment. The Kirin race lost its once peaceful ways and turned into a Marine Kirin, a more aggressive variation of the traditional race. New variations in their abilities, both natural and FEAR, sprang up.
Then, the tides turned. The First led a rebellion, freeing their race from the claws of the Demons' control. It is believed that other Monster races helped, though the records of the battle have long been lost and the descendants of the First's clan must rely on the legends. It is believed that the family heirloom, a small carved pale green jade ball, was given to the First as a gift by one of the Monster races who aided in the rebellion.

Human Legend
The humans have a variation to the origin of the Marine Kirin.
A priestess with healing powers saved a seaside village from an ancient malevolent marine demon's spirit. The shrine that had sealed it away had been broken. Interceding before any disaster could strike, the priestess sacrificed herself to save the village. By taking the demon's spirit inside her own body, she let herself be bound in rune-engraved chains and tossed into the sea. Time rolled by, the chains fell off, and the priestess washed ashore, alive and well, but transformed into a Marine Kirin. A shrine was built in her honor and it is believed to this day that she watches over them.

Wikipedia information on Kirin/Qilin can be found here.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:21 pm
Open to Critiques/Hints/Help!

This is where I say "Oi, halp!" and you say "Righty-o!".
PLEASE be nice about it; it's hard to tell a person's mood/tone/etc. in text. If I did something wrong for TiH, just point it out nicely and explain what I did wrong and suggest a means of fixing the error (I love links/guides too!). Also, please be patient; I can be... a bit confused with things sometimes. Especially if my brain's fried after having a long day at work dealing with folks who have serious self-entitlement issues...
It's fast food, not instant. Honestly. Patience is a virtue! xD Fresh cooked food should be worth the wait! What, don't want to wait 2-3 minutes? Okay. Have old cold fries. Don't want that? Then WAIT. x3

Now, this is a QUEST forum, so I assume there will be a different thread I can make for Tsukiko's dorm, if/when she's Accepted/Enrolled? Or will this thread "migrate" there?

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm
If you get a custom slot for her, you'll change the title of this thread from [Quest] to [Enrollment]; when she's been approved and accepted, you'll then be able to make a dorm room thread for her in the dorms. smile

A few points -

• A natural ability is for RP flavor; healing is more of a FEAR ability. You may wish to change that.

• Is the personality change thing simply a mood-based switch or is it like multiple personalities?

• Both your planned FEARs need a little clarification. For the Y1, what type of attack is it - does it deal damage or does it add a status effect? The Y2 will have to be changed; none of the offensive-type FEAR attacks allow more than one target. You can check this thread to brush up on what FEAR abilities can and can't do. smile

Xantara the Eternal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:39 pm
Prolixity
If you get a custom slot for her, you'll change the title of this thread from [Quest] to [Enrollment]; when she's been approved and accepted, you'll then be able to make a dorm room thread for her in the dorms. smile

A few points -

• A natural ability is for RP flavor; healing is more of a FEAR ability. You may wish to change that.

• Is the personality change thing simply a mood-based switch or is it like multiple personalities?

• Both your planned FEARs need a little clarification. For the Y1, what type of attack is it - does it deal damage or does it add a status effect? The Y2 will have to be changed; none of the offensive-type FEAR attacks allow more than one target. You can check this thread to brush up on what FEAR abilities can and can't do. smile

Would a "Lightfoot" ability be a Natural one? (Where a Kirin can walk on anything and not exactly touch it; no grass is bent underpaw, walking on water, etc.)

It's... I'm not sure. It's kind of hard to explain. I guess it starts out as a MPD/DID thing, but as she grows up, the alternate personality fades out and it just turns into a mood thing.

I'll check that forum out; thanks! =D I guess I could increase the area hit for the attack..? Or maybe how many times in a row she can consecutively use the attack... *looks* Seems the FEAR attack would fall under the Headlights category, I guess.
If it's a high charge, it deals damage (like being struck by lightning, depending upon how strong of a charge she sends out). If it's a low charge... more like being hit by a taser. x3 Thus, I guess a status effect..? Hrm. Guess she could only do a taser shot in Y1 and advance to a lightning strike in Y2.  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:12 pm
That sounds like an excellent natural ability!

If you're going to have it be a mood thing, I'd recommend just doing that right from the beginning; MPD/DID can be a very hard thing to handle well in RP, and drastic mood swings can be explained other ways. Or, if you want to keep that aspect, maybe she either thinks or claims to think that the "dark side" is another personality when it isn't.

The Y1 sounds like Headlights to me; the Y2 sounds more like Swift Strikes, but would still only target one opponent. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm
Xantara the Eternal
Tsukiko has been accepted! You may ping your artist to let them know they can start her art. In the meantime please feel free to create her journal and jump in to RP!

*watery enroll message here*  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:54 pm
Marushii
Xantara the Eternal
Tsukiko has been accepted! You may ping your artist to let them know they can start her art. In the meantime please feel free to create her journal and jump in to RP!

*watery enroll message here*

*squees*
Thank you so much~! ^w^
heart  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out