Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] A little bit of rest. [Lifen/Mengyao] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 pm
It had been a very long couple of weeks, having been taken aside by a few of the members of the clans to request her artistic abilities. Her hands hurt a little and she felt that she was getting a little rusty, having spent so much time working on rebuilding the . . . well everything.

Sighing a little out right, she made her way through the main tent, shuffling closer to the small domain of Mengyao, hoping to maybe get a little time off and a conversation out of him. They hadn't much had time to just relax and enjoy each other's company since . . . well a while.

Clearing her throat, she knocked on the wood that held the foundation of his room, considering it a door, at least.

"Mengyao, are you in? I could use a little bit of conversation without any strange pretense or sudden battling." She asked, hoping she wasn't coming around at a bad time.

kuromeez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:43 pm
Mengyao, oddly enough, wasn't even in his little abode - which was very much not what he wanted. But one of the members of the Conquest clan had pulled him aside to converse with him over some trivial matter or another (Mengyao had not really been paying full attention, seeing as how he had little care in the whole thing), and now he was making his way back to the area he had been forced to deem as his living space for the time being. It was not "home." "Home" was the Isle of Conquest, but seeing as how that no longer existed, this little place would have to do.

Upon arriving back at the foundation, however, he found a pleasant surprise - Lifen was knocking on the door (or the piece of wood that served as a door, rather), her dark hair pulled back away from her face in a less elaborate knot than it usually wise.

Mengyao stepped up behind her, hands tucked into the draping sleeves of his robes.

"No strange pretenses? And here I was, looking forward to conversing about something completely out of the ordinary."

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:04 pm
At first she had thought her timing was worse than she had expected, the silence from inside his rooms off-putting. She was usually much better at timing. Hearing the subtle shuffle of fabric made her perk up though, head turning to catch the sight of the taller noble. Awarding him a bright smile, she turned to receive him, giving him a little bow out of respect.

"I did not mean it for the conversation topic," she admitted, amused by his statement. "I am sure you have had your share of interesting completely out of the ordinary situations that we could impart on."

It was Lifen's way of admitting that she liked knowing what her close-ones were up to. She worried about him the most, obviously, but didn't think it would be right to fuss terribly much. Both he and Lan were technically classed higher than she was, of course, she didn't give two seconds of thought on that, they were her dearests.

kuromeez

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:33 pm
He wasn't sure exactly what he and Lifen were.

They weren't exactly lovers, seeing as how the most they had done so far was share a few (very pleasant) kisses during and after prom. He had not touched her since then, except for a gentle push on her arm, or a squeeze of her fingers. It had not daunted his constant presence; he was often found where Lifen was and vice versa. He knew that Lifen was the most important person to him, and that he would stay beside her no matter what. They were friends...childhood friends and best friends, but somehow it was more than that, and yet simultaneously less than what it appeared to be. And it was not as if he didn't want to touch her or kiss her.

Mengyao's head hurt.

"Being here alone is a completely out of the ordinary situation," he responded dryly, and smiled down at Lifen, resisting the urge to brush her hair away from her face. Instead he merely inclined his head towards the doorway to his less-than-humble abode, indicating that she should follow him inside of it.

"How have you been, dearest? Faring well, I should hope."

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:00 pm
His dry humour was rewarded with a honest smile from the little artisan as she allowed him to usher towards his little personal space, ambling through the walkway. The quiet ambiance that somehow revolved around the tall noble was comforting to her, and very special in comparison. Besides Soren, everyone she had met had a fair amount of energy that was a little overwhelming. Sighing outwards, she gave a little nod.

"Yes, I completely understand, I can not seem to find some personal thinking time, unless I am falling in to slumber." She answered, chuckling softly at that, shaking her head. Hearing his query, she turned to look up to him again.

"Well enough, it has been . . ." she strayed for a moment, thinking of an appropriate word. "Busy. Eventful. I have been making jewelry for many people whom I had not talk to before hand. When I am not doing that I have been making sure that some of the member's lives are not in shambles yet." She answered honestly, and lightly. She was never one for being so social, being a quiet little woman, but this group of ragtag clan-members kept her on her toes.

"Yourself?" She asked, sweetly.

kuromeez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:05 pm
Inside the sparse living quarters, there was a wooden bed, a bedside table with a pitcher of water and a shallow basin beside it. Next to those was the inevitable grey feathered fan, but besides that there was hardly anything other than a large trunk that held a few extra clothes. It was far cry from the elaborate golden and scarlet fixtures of the Isle of Conquest, but seeing as how he could not have that back, Mengyao was forced to be content with what little he held now.

He sat himself on the trunk, which left the more comfortable seat of the bed for Lifen, and tucked his hands into his sleeves, crossing one leg over the other. Not dressed in his typical blue robes, today he wore ones of a very dark green, so dark it was almost black, with a paler trim, his dark hair swept up in a neat knot at the back of his head and pinned with two gold chopsticks. He tilted his head a little at Lifen and smiled.

"I have noticed you have been busy," Mengyao said easily, absently picking at a stray thread on one of his voluminous sleeves. "What jewelry are we speaking of? For whom are you making them?"

Curious as to the goings-on in her life, Mengyao attempted to not overwhelm her with questions and reached for the fan, idly brushing it against his cheeks.

"Busy as well," he said. "I have been doing a little bit of research as of late, and a great deal of avoidance of the other clans. They weary me."

nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:22 pm
"Research?" she asked lightly, taking the initiative and accepted the spot on the bed, taking her shoes off to tuck her feet under her, getting a little comfortable. "Sounds interesting, care to divulge a little?" She questioned the taller horseman, an innocent curiousity on her face.

Looking down at her fingers after a moment, flexing them in her lap lightly, her smile never left her face."Well, since we have been given the little shards, I have been requested to make . . ." she strayed for a moment thinking. "Companion jewelry to hold them for the members who have asked of it. Miss Lan, Soren, and the Miss Shaheen from the War Clan have asked me to make some, for starters. I made one for myself." She answered him, pulling on the little anklet around her leg, the small silver accent different from her translucent skin.

kuromeez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:16 pm
"Mmm," said Mengyao noncommittally, in regards to the research. Truth be told, he had been trying to gain some more understanding of what exactly had happened during the entire ordeal with Medea, but there was not much to go on other than what he had witnessed.

"Ah," he said, giving a nod in understanding. "Yes, the shards...I have one myself that I have been trying to determine how to go about in wearing it."

Except Mengyao was slightly distracted by the fact that Lifen had called Lan and this Shaheen Miss and Soren with nothing more than just his name. Trying to sound casual, he asked lightly, "Ah, so you've been making them for others...I see."

His eyes flickered downwards to the anklet which now lay around her slender leg, and then back up to her face. "You've done a lovely job of it," he said. "I don't suppose you have any ideas as to how to go about wearing mine?"

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 pm
Raising her eyebrow lightly, she caught the tone of his first statement. He wanted to drop it, for now, and she let him. If he wanted to talk about it, he would come find her later, it was always like that, and she appreciated it. So for a short moment, she let the comfortable silence befall on them, watching the emotions run across his face - a little unaware that part of it was her usage of naming terms. At his statement about her work, she raised both her eyebrows, she looked over him for a moment further.

"Yes. If requested I take it upon me to assist, as an Artisan." She offered to him. "It is part of my job." She finished that statement, laughing a little lightly before taking his quandry seriously, lifting herself to her feet to cross the small gap between them to look him over.

"We were instructed to place it on something perminent. I doubt something as simple as a bracelet or a bangle would suit you, a little heavy." She explained to him, as she looked him over, tapping her bottom lip a little before leaning closer. "Nothing as simple as a hairpiece or something, not concrete enough."

Taking it upon herself to grab him lightly by the chin to turn his head a little, a movement more attune to her job, she was engrossed in her work.

"Something as simple as a necklace may suit you, but if you wanted to be permanent, I could put it in your ear." She finally stated, before blinking once, blanking for a second before looking to him, placing her hand at her side again. "Like an earring. Not actually in your ear." She needed the clarification.

kuromeez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:01 pm
Sometimes he forgot that Lifen was actually an artisan and not a Noble such as himself. Ordinarily, Mengyao would not have even attempted such an acquaintance, but as a child Lifen had somehow always been a constant presence in his life. Despite being a Noble, he'd certainly had his fair share of difficulties - after all, he did not have the horns that signified his birthright, and it had never worked in his favor, in spite of Mengyao consistently reminding himself that it did not matter and that he was who he was, regardless.

He was better than all of them, anyway.

Lost in his thoughts, he almost didn't notice that Lifen had stepped up from her place on the bed until she was already standing in front of him. Blinking at her (he was very nearly the same height sitting down as she was standing up), Mengyao tilted his head a little to the side, a faint trace of a smirk on his lips.

"Not a bracelet," he said airily. "I would rather not have it on my wrists or ankles. It feels a little confining somehow. And while I enjoy my hair the way it is, I feel a hairpiece would be inconvenient..."

He trailed off, flushing slightly at the touch of her fingers on his chin. Lapsing into what was almost a sullen silence, he sighed, and the smirk was back, dual colored eyes flickering up to meet Lifen's.

"I think I'd like that one better," he said, as her hand dropped away from his face. "An earring, that is. I feel a necklace is too easily lost."

nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:21 pm
"That is understandable," came out of the little horsewoman as she peered down to him, feeling pretty short in front of him regardless. It's funny how fast people grow when you're not watching them carefully. Catching her blunt demenor again, her eyes widened a bit. "About the losing necklaces and other smaller trinkets. I decided on an anklet because it is out of working range." She explained herself, smiling a little.

She caught the light blush, feeling a little amused about how such a small movement would affect him. Of course considering what had transpired between them recently, it was pretty much meritted. Still, she couldn't help but smile a little larger as she took a few steps back, putting her hand to her mouth again, giving him a serious-looking once over.

"I can not say that it will not hurt." She finally stated, before shrugging a little. "But I would be more than happy to create something you can wear." She had already decided on some ideas, her artistic mind already reeling contently - Lifen obviously enjoyed her job.

kuromeez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:02 pm
"An anklet fits your personality," said Mengyao lightly, the corners of his lips quirking upwards as his gaze flickered down to the jewelry around her ankle. "It is rather lovely. You are as talented as you always are, and I am quite impressed, as usual."

Lifen's smile had grown, and Mengyao was slightly suspicious, but said nothing, instead preferring to act as though he were completely casual with the entire situation. He tilted his head, eyes narrowing a little, but he gave a small nod, and said, "I wouldn't expect it not to hurt, but such as it is."

He reached out a hand, idly curling a strand of Lifen's hair around one finger as though this were a normal occurrence.

"However, I trust you."

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:06 am
"Thank you, Mengyao," was all she could reply to him, at first.

A soft blush crawled on to her face with his words, lidding her eyes a little she deflected them from him momentarily, her smile not wavering. He had a lot of faith in her, as per usual, and she was feeling both proud, and a small flicker of worry. But, the feeling of his hand tugging at her hair lightly and painlessly, she took a short breath, and stood tall again, looking him in the eyes.

"Well, okay." She started, flashing him a wide grin. "First things first, we need to get the ear pierced, can't just put the earring in and call it done." She stated, getting back in to artisan mode, before touching the hand playing with her hair softly. "I have the tool back in my quarters if you would stay put for a moment." She offered, before perking up. "I can tell you about my adventure with Miss Shaheen while I work on it too. It is very interesting," she tried to barter with him.

kurmato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:19 pm
"Me, stay put?" replied Mengyao with a smirk as he stood up, stretching out his limbs and smoothing down his clothing with the utmost of care. He was nothing if not careful with his outfits, and this particular one was a deep, midnight blue with silver trim and a high collar. His hand dropped away from Lifen's hair, which he somewhat regretted, but she was to leave and retrieve her materials anyway.

"Yes, please, I look forward to that," he answered. "Now go and get your things; I will remain here and wait."

Nerpin

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:09 pm
A light, dry look was awarded to the noble, at his statment, before a ghost of a smile showed up on her face again, Lifen allowing a soft laugh to escape before nodding to him and turning heel, wandering back to her room only for a short moment - she was a woman of good timing, and didn't like to dally.

Wandering back to his rooms, she held a little dish that seemed to hold a little gun-like contraption and a coulpe dishes of things, a liquid, a bit of cotton, and a small earring bolt to adorn his ear for the time it would take for her to work on his permanent adornment. Setting them on the bed, she patted it softly. "Please sit, it is easier for me, for I am much shorter." She stated, before smiling again, a small play on her height.

"For now, we will be using this," Pulling up the stud, she showed it to him - a small little lotus in silver."Then when I know it is fine, I will have something made for you, okay?" She stated, waiting for his approval before going to work.

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff