Submit

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:11 pm
I feel bad about it, but the thing is that there are so many and a bunch of them make "packs" and stuff, and I feel all left out. Granted, I generally like being alone, but there's something about a kinship with other Therians that is really special. I'd love to be in a group for feline Therians, but the closest I would probably get is a "pride", and I'm not a lion Therian, I'm a jaguar.

Plus sometimes it feels really exlclusive when wolf Therians only wanna socialize with other wolves. I mean, come on. They're not hard to find, so don't be so goddamned exclusive.

/rant

.::Ailuros::.
.::Click on the symbol to learn more::.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:30 am
But it makes sense. Wolves are social animals that naturally live in packs with other wolves.
Jaguars, and most other cats, prefer to stay solo with the exception of mating times and raising their young.

And wolves are going to be really common whether you're talking about weres, therians or furries. Wolves are a common and well known predator, with a lot of positive traits associated with them (loyal, powerful, family-oriented, etc.)  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 am
shoki_de_nai
But it makes sense. Wolves are social animals that naturally live in packs with other wolves.
Jaguars, and most other cats, prefer to stay solo with the exception of mating times and raising their young.

And wolves are going to be really common whether you're talking about weres, therians or furries. Wolves are a common and well known predator, with a lot of positive traits associated with them (loyal, powerful, family-oriented, etc.)

And it's the fact that they're common and everything that irritates me. Call me the butthurt minority, but that's how I get sometimes.

And just because actual big cats stay solitary doesn't exactly mean that humans with big cat Theriotypes don't want to be in groups. But I get what you mean.

I think part of it is that I like to meet other Therians, and when you exclude everyone but wolves, I feel really left out. It's hard to meet other big cat Therians, and finding groups that aren't "packs" is difficult.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:42 am
Well, I'm not full wolf, but I'm main wolf. I sorta have a pack, but it's not wolf exclusive. If you want to get to know me, I'll happily get to know you and you can be part of my pack. ^+^? I'm a wolf/snow leopard/bat cross breed on a side note. My mate, who helps me run my pack is a wolf/bear/bull hybrid. I have a full wolf, a full sheep, a chinchilla. So yeah, it's a pretty diverse pack. And just saying, cats are loyal to their prides and groups as well. So...  

Soriku the Ookami

Hilarious Shapeshifter

5,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:40 pm
Kit Kat Purrpurr
shoki_de_nai

And it's the fact that they're common and everything that irritates me. Call me the butthurt minority, but that's how I get sometimes.

And just because actual big cats stay solitary doesn't exactly mean that humans with big cat Theriotypes don't want to be in groups. But I get what you mean.

I think part of it is that I like to meet other Therians, and when you exclude everyone but wolves, I feel really left out. It's hard to meet other big cat Therians, and finding groups that aren't "packs" is difficult.
]

Well, there's not much to be done about it. Wolves have been, and probably always will be very popular. Lots of people are just more familiar with wolves than other animals.

I know just because the animal is such a way doesn't mean the person will be, but it's really common for people to have traits of their animal counterpart. At least from what I've seen.

Lastly, I'm not sure what to tell you about socializing with other Therians. I'm not one, so I've never looked into where to find them. I would imagine there are groups/meet-ups just like with furries, and there are bound to be sites online either solely for Therians, or mixed within Furry stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:44 pm
Lone kitty cat tiger here (well… dog / tiger hybrid really)…only a newbie to the discovery of what it actually was I was feeling and experiencing…

Took me a while to discover this, it was very hard to understand because I've always felt close to dogs but the tiger, well that's something which comes out of nowhere a more recent discovery and comes a lot more than the dog now…

@Soriku: Wow a chinchilla and a sheep? I like this family of yours it is very diverse. I think usually it's the tiger side of me that prefers to have few close friends or none at all, it's nice being solitary if you know you can find peace that way.  

Yumitoko II

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:29 pm
Yumitoko II
Lone kitty cat tiger here (well… dog / tiger hybrid really)…only a newbie to the discovery of what it actually was I was feeling and experiencing…

Took me a while to discover this, it was very hard to understand because I've always felt close to dogs but the tiger, well that's something which comes out of nowhere a more recent discovery and comes a lot more than the dog now…

@Soriku: Wow a chinchilla and a sheep? I like this family of yours it is very diverse. I think usually it's the tiger side of me that prefers to have few close friends or none at all, it's nice being solitary if you know you can find peace that way.

Do you think you're a Therian at all perhaps?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:30 pm
shoki_de_nai
Kit Kat Purrpurr
shoki_de_nai

]

Well, there's not much to be done about it. Wolves have been, and probably always will be very popular. Lots of people are just more familiar with wolves than other animals.

I know just because the animal is such a way doesn't mean the person will be, but it's really common for people to have traits of their animal counterpart. At least from what I've seen.

Lastly, I'm not sure what to tell you about socializing with other Therians. I'm not one, so I've never looked into where to find them. I would imagine there are groups/meet-ups just like with furries, and there are bound to be sites online either solely for Therians, or mixed within Furry stuff.

I am actually a part of a Therian site, and we're pretty much a family, but I got a little irked when one of the members was trying to make a pack.

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Soriku the Ookami

Hilarious Shapeshifter

5,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:57 pm
@Yumi: Yeah, lol. It's pretty diverse. For the most part my pack is pretty chill. We are there for each other when we need it, and we don't press to be close when we know someone needs space. Personally I am the pack leader and I tend to like being alone sometimes and they respect that. But they are always there when I need them to be.

@Kit Kat: Could you personally define Therian...>.< I looked it up, but I would like clarification.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:57 pm
Soriku the Ookami
@Yumi: Yeah, lol. It's pretty diverse. For the most part my pack is pretty chill. We are there for each other when we need it, and we don't press to be close when we know someone needs space. Personally I am the pack leader and I tend to like being alone sometimes and they respect that. But they are always there when I need them to be.

@Kit Kat: Could you personally define Therian...>.< I looked it up, but I would like clarification.

A person who has the spirit or soul of an animal. Therians can mental-shift, phantom-shift, astral-shift, dream-shift, etc. But we can't physically change form, which would be physical-shifting. Physical-shifting is highly debated in the Therian community, but most Therians would say it's not possible, me included. Not that we wouldn't if we could, we just accept reality is all.

But yeah. I believe I have the spirit or soul of a jaguar in me. I've never really been entirely human....at least had entirely human actions and feelings. And the first time I let my jaguar side come out, I knew I was a Therian, so yeah. And if you click the symbol in my earlier posts, that'll take you to the Therian site I frequent.  

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Soriku the Ookami

Hilarious Shapeshifter

5,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 pm
@Kat: Oh, then that would make me and my mate therian. Of course, I luffles being a furry too, but in RL therian seems to fit. ^+^? That makes me feel pretty awesome to be honest. ^+^? I didn't think there was a thing for people like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 am
Kit Kat Purrpurr

Yes but the reason I say hybrid right now is because I cannot yet find my theriotype which really has me down, but that takes time I suppose… sad

Just a lurker of your forums for now…been reading people's journals because I'm nosey and interested… xD
*shot*

I only really just learnt of it a few months ago but have been too busy with exams to actually look more into it…that and because I'm shy… even if it turns out I'm actually not a therian at all then I'd still be happy to chat. Some people must go into it with either staring or a sense of uncertainty so it'd be interesting to so.

And don't worry I'm not trying to mess you around I am very interested. I think that you could find some people in time though, you might find some that feel the same way.

Hmmm would you say you shift more to being nocturnal?
I'm curious what was your first shift like?

@Sori: I didn't either, just thought it'd be unnamed or hard to explain.  

Yumitoko II

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:08 am
Soriku the Ookami
@Kat: Oh, then that would make me and my mate therian. Of course, I luffles being a furry too, but in RL therian seems to fit. ^+^? That makes me feel pretty awesome to be honest. ^+^? I didn't think there was a thing for people like that.

I'm glad I could help with that.^^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:11 am
Yumitoko II
Kit Kat Purrpurr

Yes but the reason I say hybrid right now is because I cannot yet find my theriotype which really has me down, but that takes time I suppose… sad

Just a lurker of your forums for now…been reading people's journals because I'm nosey and interested… xD
*shot*

I only really just learnt of it a few months ago but have been too busy with exams to actually look more into it…that and because I'm shy… even if it turns out I'm actually not a therian at all then I'd still be happy to chat. Some people must go into it with either staring or a sense of uncertainty so it'd be interesting to so.

And don't worry I'm not trying to mess you around I am very interested. I think that you could find some people in time though, you might find some that feel the same way.

Hmmm would you say you shift more to being nocturnal?
I'm curious what was your first shift like?

@Sori: I didn't either, just thought it'd be unnamed or hard to explain.

If you wanted to join our site, you should do this 3nodding :
http://therian-guide.com/forum/member.php?action=register&referrer=185

And I actually wrote down what my first shift was like.

I'm not sure how much time I spent being shifted. But I definitely did.

I've never felt the way I did. At first I was seeing tunnel vision, and my view was small. I had to think of every detail about what I was. But, as time we t on, my view got wider. And I did more things automatically. Like yawning the way they do, and growling. I roared. I really roared.

And every time I roared, I felt this burning sensation starting in my gut, then slowly working its way through my body. I felt my eyes vibrating in their sockets. I don't even know how to do that. And my limps were vibrating.

At one point, I was envisioning climbing up a tree, but then suddenly my vision went grey. I couldn't see anything, I wanted the fog to be clear. So I growled and snarled and roared. And eventually, I felt the vibrating reach its peak, and then stop. And I could see. See very very clearly (my eyes were closed the whole time).

Clearly.

As a jaguar.

I envisioned a landscape not known well by jaguars; a grassy field with almost no trees. I began to pant in the hot sun and felt the heat getting under my fur. Flies started bothering me and I shook my head. I looked around and spotted what looked like a jungle of sorts off in the distance. So I started off at a run towards it. About midway to it, I began to get really thirsty, so I lifted my head in the air and sniffed. I could smell a spring not far off, and when I get there, I leaned down to the water and lapped it up with my tongue. When I turned around to head back, I came face to face with another jaguar. We exchanged growls and angry looks, but I managed to get past him. When I arrived at the forest, I climbed up a tree and laid down in the branches. And I knew. I could open my eyes and be a jaguar.

So I opened my eyes actually, and I could still see the landscape. Even if I was looking directly at my room, I saw a faded image of the plain. And I still felt like a jaguar. I got down off my bed because Temari kept trying to get in my room by annoying me with her scratching at the door. So I snarled at the door and she stopped. Then I jumped back on the bed and laid down again, where I set my head down and relaxed for a few minutes.then I realized I would have to become human again, so I had to envision myself with my human features again. And slowly, I became human again. I'm all good now.

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Yumitoko II

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:57 am
Kit Kat Purrpurr

If you wanted to join our site, you should do this 3nodding :
http://therian-guide.com/forum/member.php?action=register&referrer=185

And I actually wrote down what my first shift was like.

I'm not sure how much time I spent being shifted. But I definitely did.

I've never felt the way I did. At first I was seeing tunnel vision, and my view was small. I had to think of every detail about what I was. But, as time we t on, my view got wider. And I did more things automatically. Like yawning the way they do, and growling. I roared. I really roared.

And every time I roared, I felt this burning sensation starting in my gut, then slowly working its way through my body. I felt my eyes vibrating in their sockets. I don't even know how to do that. And my limps were vibrating.

At one point, I was envisioning climbing up a tree, but then suddenly my vision went grey. I couldn't see anything, I wanted the fog to be clear. So I growled and snarled and roared. And eventually, I felt the vibrating reach its peak, and then stop. And I could see. See very very clearly (my eyes were closed the whole time).

Clearly.

As a jaguar.

I envisioned a landscape not known well by jaguars; a grassy field with almost no trees. I began to pant in the hot sun and felt the heat getting under my fur. Flies started bothering me and I shook my head. I looked around and spotted what looked like a jungle of sorts off in the distance. So I started off at a run towards it. About midway to it, I began to get really thirsty, so I lifted my head in the air and sniffed. I could smell a spring not far off, and when I get there, I leaned down to the water and lapped it up with my tongue. When I turned around to head back, I came face to face with another jaguar. We exchanged growls and angry looks, but I managed to get past him. When I arrived at the forest, I climbed up a tree and laid down in the branches. And I knew. I could open my eyes and be a jaguar.

So I opened my eyes actually, and I could still see the landscape. Even if I was looking directly at my room, I saw a faded image of the plain. And I still felt like a jaguar. I got down off my bed because Temari kept trying to get in my room by annoying me with her scratching at the door. So I snarled at the door and she stopped. Then I jumped back on the bed and laid down again, where I set my head down and relaxed for a few minutes.then I realized I would have to become human again, so I had to envision myself with my human features again. And slowly, I became human again. I'm all good now.

I have I'm just lurking and shy, seeing how other people deal with being Therian and seeing and hearing how others find their Theriotypes.

Wow that's a very strong shift too.
I'll post sooner or later under the name Mikuru-Yuki…I post in that name so my family can't search up my old usernames and know it's me. xD

I feel close to big cats more than the domestic type, they fascinate me more and I feel actually calmer near them and wonder what it's like through their eyes.

I spend more time with my dogs than actual people because they don't really seem to understand me as much, my dogs accept me but they know I'm not the same, I might be something bigger, they love me but know I can get a bit scary haha. I do like the fact that they understand things more in actions than words, my dogs don't actually bark much at all, they probably growl more than bark but are not bad dogs.

Still they're good to wrestle with when I feel like it, I like a good wrestle haha,
as much as I like smaller dogs for the fact they are cute, I like bigger dogs because they keep me warm in the winter and I can wrestle with them properly. xD

They do accept me but know I'm not one of them, maybe I'm just crazy. xD
Although I've been wondering if it's possible for animals to have the soul's of other animals or humans, because my eldest dog at times seems rather human and sometimes cat like… that's an interesting spin on things. sweatdrop
Think since getting the puppy she's more dog like again, he's almost a year old anyways. *ramble*

I'll post soon and see, for now I think it's good to talk regardless and I found out about Therianthropes from Wolf Therians because they are very common, it does seem a bit unfair that they are being so exclusive when there's so many of them. But it's in the nature of wolves to stay with other wolves I suppose…

*continues to lurk* ninja  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces