Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[CLOSED] A.L.C.H.E.M.Y. Booth Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:03 pm
User Image

A.L.C.H.E.M.Y.

...(Alcoholic Liquids Cause Hormone Emptiness Mostly for Younglings)...

A little open laboratory set to give Halloweeners a glimpse of ancient Famine Alchemy art, and to provide students and other visitors with the opportunity to try some basic potion combinations. The main purpose of the laboratory is the promotion of Famine cultural heritage, and fundraising.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:17 pm
LET'S DO SOME SCIENCE

Welcome to the tiny Alchemy Laboratory! Please, don't mess around, or Eisheth will yell at you. No, I'm serious. You can see a long counter with basic stuff ready: vials, potions, plants to experiment with, etc. On the edge of the counter there is a massive book with the recipes to try! However, the recipes are written in a mysterious way: the alchemist appeared to use her own terms and names, so you simply can't put the description and the actual ingredients you're seeing together...

The female Famine alchemist frequents the booth topping up the potions and cleaning the mess visitors tend to make, but mostly she prefers to leave the visitors with the ingredients. Let them risk their lives.

So... would you like to try the ancient Famine art of Alchemy? Remember, no questions are needed, you have everything you need already! To participate in the booth you have to ICLY spend 100 silver (not pumpkin seeds, just put in the big donation box on the counter), since horsemen are doing serious business fundraising!

OOC
Players will have to roll 2d8 (2 8-sided dices) to determine TWO ingredients they would be using (since they have no idea what is what):

Ingredients (first dice):

1 - some simple small brown seeds (like cumin);

2 - little red vegetables looking very spicy;

3 - a bit of white dust smelling suspiciously like bones. Could that be actual bones chopped into tiny pieces?

4 - a little bowl with quite smelly dark green leaves; the scent reminds you of a smoke;

5 - a bit of brown fluff and fur, presumably taken from minipets;

6 - some really stinky plain, colourless sand; the scent reminds you of a rotten meat;

7 - Jackdammit, are those transparent things the bugs' wings?!

8 - some tiny dark grey granules looking suspiciously like minipet teeth...

Now you have to roll 2d8 again to figure out what shall you do with all those tasty things the ingredients:

MAKING SCIENCE (SECOND DICE):

1-2: You pour a bit of liquid from a huge and heavy bottle. The liquid is oily and smells like plants.

3-4: You take a bit of dark red, blood looking liquid from a transparent vial;

5-6: You decide to fry your ingredients in a little pan over the tiny burner;

7-8: There's an open box with very hot pale sand inside probably being heated by an invisible torch. In the middle of the box there's a small pile of incredibly hot pebbles (of course, you touched them to try, right?), and an empty bowl sitting on top of it. You decide to put your ingredients in the bowl, and wait for what is going to happen.

RESULTS:

Now that's the easiest part! Simply put all of your rolled numbers together, and calculate total:

4-10: TIER 1. Was that a success? It looks good, but you never thought the proper potion is supposed to smell like a vaisel poop... or was it really a Vaisel who pooped into your potion, when you were not looking?...

11-18: TIER 2. Something got terribly wrong: you feel the odd smell of a rotten egg, and your potion suddenly looks like a vaisel's vomit. Too bad sad

19-26: TIER 3. Your ingredients merged together forming a strange, half solid substance that looks like some delicious curds. It's soft and creamy, yet solid enough to be given a form, yet something tells you better not touch it with the bare hands...

27-32: TIER 4. Hm... may be that's actually not too bad, Eisheth nodded approvingly, when she notices your result. Your ingredients have changed: now it all looks like a pile of embers with some fiery traces over the texture. The pile emanates heat; is it your imagination, or are the embers pulsating a bit, as is they were breathing?+

+++++++

Please, don't forget to RP out all your actions! If you scored TIER 1, TIER 2 OR TIER 3 (!) (basically, anything except Tier 4), you can choose an option to water one of the plants standing on the counter with your alchemy mix. If you're doing this, plz, RP OUT THE RESULT (just make it up, ok, but be reasonable + no status effects), and quote me in that post with the word "RAFFLE", so I will add you for a Token raffle, in case I have any tokens left in the end of the day!

You may play only once per day, plz! Eisheth should have some time to renew the potions for a next try.

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 pm
Eeeeh... what did I get?

ATTENTION PLEASE! From now on all the TIERS win a consolation prize, an Empty Flask:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There's just a small mountain of them sitting on the edge of the counter; perhaps, the alchemist is using them to store the potions. It doesn't matter, if you win anything, from Tier 1 to Tier 4, you are eligible to grab one flask. ICLY, Eisheth grins at your efforts and suggests you try more at home, so you decide to grab the flask.

What I'm going to do with this?

Consolation prizes (flasks) can be used in Zoo's NPC Booth for obtaining some tart treats and other tart pets. Check it out!

NOW THE PRIZES

TIER 1 PRIZES (MIGHT BE UPDATED IF I RUN OF THE STOCK, BUT UNLIKELY):

5x Candy Fluff
5x Gold Feather
1x Liquid Flame PP
1x Untrained tracker

TIER 2 PRIZES (MIGHT BE UPDATED IF I RUN OF THE STOCK, BUT UNLIKELY):

1x Reset Goblet
5x Golden Ribbon
5,000 silver (minisite)
One common or uncommon minipet from this box!

TIER 3 PRIZES (MIGHT BE UPDATED IF I RUN OF THE STOCK, BUT UNLIKELY):

10,000 silver (minisite)
Any one minipet from this box!

TIER 4 PRIZES (MIGHT BE UPDATED IF I RUN OF THE STOCK, BUT UNLIKELY):

Congratulations! You win a token! In fact, if you actually get 30, 31, or 32, you won 2 tokens! You can also choose a silver seed instead, or any of the prizes from other TIERs!

Again, if I have tokens left at the end of the day, I'll just raffle them between those who decided to water the plants.

OOC
If you win something, please, don't forget to write your minipet sn, so I would be able to distribute the prizes!

If you haven't received your prize in 24h, or if you have any question, please pm me on Gaia or minisite (santime everywhere). Have fun! smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:23 pm
EXAMPLE

1. I roll 2d8, and I get 4,7. It means I'm using smoked green leaves and fly wings (don't forget to fill in RP, PLZ, simple rolls won't count for the prizes).

2. Now I post again, and roll 2d8 again. I get 3, 8. I add a bit of blood looking liquid to my ingredients, and put it all in the bowl to be heated over hot pebbles (see arabic coffee, lol).

3. Now tally: 4 + 7 + 3 + 8 = 22. It's TIER 3

OOC
19-26: TIER 3. Your ingredient merge together forming a strange, half solid substance that looks like some delicious curds. It's soft and creamy, yet solid enough to be given a form, yet something tells you better not touch it with the bare hands...

...and I can ask for, say, 10K silver on minisite. So I just type: "silver, please; sn: santime" in the end of the post!  

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:29 pm
WINRARS

1. SE Winner - Niyakami  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:02 pm
Eisheth caressed her vaisel, and let it play over the counter messing with vials and ingredients. "Hope, it isn't going to burn down the booth... though, it's more likely one of the visitors will do it than the vaisel that grew in Famine clan". The alchemist sighed. "Anyway, I think we're open".  

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
Izumi Tenshi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-16)

Izumi Tenshi

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:17 pm
"Wow..." Micail walked over to the booth and looked around. "Interesting booth..." he took note of all the ingredients and stuff sitting around. It looked interesting. He didn't know much about Alchemy but the booth was set up pretty simple... so how hard could it be? He walked over to the ingredients and examined each one trying to figure out what ones he wanted to use.  
Izumi Tenshi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 pm
After looking at the different ingredients he reached over and grabbed some simple brown seeds. He placed then down on the counter to his right then grabbed a bit of brown fluff and fur and set that aside. Next he had to figure out if it was going to add anything more and what he was going to do with it. He stood there for a moment pondering over his choices. Shrugging he grabbed a heavy bottle and opened it. It didn't smell bad... in fact it smelt like plants... so that had to be good sign right? He poured the oily looking liquid into a pan. He then added the rest of his ingredients and decided to fry it over the tiny burner. What could possibly go wrong?

A lot... thats what. Micail suddenly caught the smell of a rotting egg. He glacned around. That wasn't him was it? He leaned in over the pan and took a sniff. He suddenly backed away as he coved his nose and his ears went back. Not only did it smell but the potion suddenly looked like vaisel's vomit.

"Ok... not the best choice..."

14 points, TIER 2, minipet marble saturn, mini sn Izumi Tenshi  

Izumi Tenshi

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
catmagick rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)

catmagick

Magical Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:07 pm
Rhiannon was wondering aimlessly around the festival when she came across a rather interesting booth. Approaching it she eyed the ingredients before putting her silver in the box. Might as well give it a try.

She picked out a little red vegetable and some tiny dark grey granules, hopefully they wouldn't blow up in her face when put together.  
catmagick rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:12 pm
Taking the little red vegetable and dark grey granules she put them in the bowl being heated by hot pebbles. Then added a bit of oily liquid form a heavy bottle to the bowl.

It seemed as if the ingredients didn't go together that well. Staring into the bowel she was still a bit worried about it blowing up on her.

18 points, TIER 2

minipet contract schink, please
sn: catmagick  

catmagick

Magical Kitten

Yayoi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-16)

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:24 pm
Ah, now this one looked quite fun.

This booth reminded Ravnos very much of the bottles and potions that his Gram kept in her one room. Though he never quite got around to asking her just exactly what she kept in said containers. Knowing her he probably didn't want to know.

Probably had some kind of unmentionable Zombie bits in one or two jars.

The Vampire boil eyeballed the dark skinned Horsewoman who was petting the minepet. She gave him a little bit of the creeps. Unlike that last Horsewoman. He'd hafta go visit that booth again. Oh yea.

Stepping up to the booth he tossed the required silver into the box then glanced about at all the ingredients to choose from. Bright green eyes landing on the bug wings. He wasn't fond of bugs but they didn't gross him out either. They were just trying to survive like the rest of them. With a shrug he took a handful, not even bothering with any other ingredients.  
Yayoi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:32 pm
Ah now the tricky part. Adding more to them bug wing things. Of course, for all he knew he could've just stuck his hand in something he really didn't want to touch that just LOOKED like bug wings.

Yea they were bug wings.

Picking up a large bottle he poured some oil onto the wing things. It dripped from the bottle slowly at first, until he gave it a few shakes. Little droplets of the liquid flicking about as he did so. Once he was satisfied with that, he picked out a vial full of liquid that reminded him heavily of his favorite snack. Ahh but best not to taste the age or type of this. He didn't figure it was what it seemed to be.

Adding it to everything else, the vamp got the feeling that something just...wasn't quite right with the mixture. It smelt....horrible. It was so bad it felt as if his nose might just twist right off and run away. "Jackdammit that s**t stinks." Well, it reminded him more of vomit than anything. Luckily Ravnos was not apt to puking.

He eyeballed the Horsewoman again. Ravnos figured this was honestly her plan all along. To make them all nose-less with her stink potions.

Points 18 Tier 2 - Zombie Kushi-Kushi please darlin~ <3
SN: Yayoi  

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Huni Pi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 2 Total: 9 (2-16)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:26 am
Petro looked apprehensively at this booth. It was unnecessarily pricey to the horse boil given his small allowance but he was aware of the horsemen's plight. He'd try just this once. If he was no good at it, he knew better than to try it a second time. Begrudgingly he placed the necessary amount of seeds in the box and gathered his ingredients, which appeared to be bug wings and a spicy-looking vegetable. "Heh, parang siling labuyo," he grinned to himself.  
Huni Pi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 am
With his ingredients in hand, it was time for him to actually make something with them. Seeing how one of the ingredients was transparent and the other was red, it seemed to make sense to Petro to take the blood-red liquid from the transparent vial. Shhhhh, this was monster horse logic at work.

Unfortunately it seemed like he should have picked something else because, well, the results were terrible.

santime
11-18: TIER 2. Something got terribly wrong: you feel the odd smell of a rotten egg, and your potion suddenly looks like a vaisel's vomit. Too bad

TIER 2 PRIZES (MIGHT BE UPDATED IF I RUN OF THE STOCK, BUT UNLIKELY):
One common or uncommon minipet from this box!

sn: randonimity; runic carry on or striped wyvling (whichever is still available)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:30 am
All prizes sent, thank you for playing! Please, don't hesitate to water the plants, since I just had all 10 tokens left from yesterday, and nobody to send them to sad

Also, added new minipets to the box!

Izumi Tenshi
Saturn Marble sent!

catmagick
Contract Schink sent!

Yayoi
Zombie Kushi sent!

Huni Pi
Runic Carry On sent!

Everyone can play again now!

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]