Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:11 pm
TMI post-health related. (x-posted LiveJournal and facebook, and main's journal when I get on her again)

Friday around 1:30pm ish I got pain so bad I couldn't walk for about 40 minutes, it faded enough I went to try and get my pills, only to have it come back worse. I layed down on the floor thinking it would help but once down found myself unable to get back up. I started breaking out in a cold sweat and kept feeling as though I'd throw up.

Dad took me to the ER around 3pm, and once their they took me into the back and started running tests. The normal can you lift this tests ended with me in enough pain I did throw up. They started an IV and gave me morphine and anti nausea stuffs. Tests they ran came back negative, so they gave me contrast stuffs, more morphine (first dose around 5:50pm ish, second at 8:20 cause the first wore off) and took me back to get a CT scan.

The scan showed a large cysts, the size of an orange on my left ovary. It's pushing my internal organs out of place, and blocking the flow of urine. They sent me home around 10:30pm ish after another 2cc of morphine and put me on vicodin for the pain till I can get the cyst removed.

I'm seeing my primary care Monday to see if they can fit me in at the other hospital for the procedure.

I'm under orders to lift almost nothing, do basically nothing (which is fine I keep sleeping anyway), and keep a phone near me in case the cyst bursts before they can remove it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:30 pm
Crikey! That's really bad! Couldn't they have detected the cysts sooner, before they got as big as they have and removed them?  

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:40 pm
I've been so focused on areas of my heath I wasn't worried with down there.

I should have felt the pain from it for a while, but the other pain meds I'm on blocked it till it got to bad.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:31 pm
Going in Monday for surgery, the cyst is wrapped around my left ovary and has grown by .4mm since Friday....  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:21 pm
Samt03
Going in Monday for surgery, the cyst is wrapped around my left ovary and has grown by .4mm since Friday....

D: I hope it all goes well. You will be in our thoughts!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:48 am
Should probably mention that I made it home Monday night, I'm on a few lot of pain meds atm.

TMI in white: They did have to take my left ovary, the cyst completely destroyed it.... so I'm dealing with that a bit now emotionally...  

Samt03
Crew

Deadly Elder

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:51 pm
Bloody hell, Sam, that's awful (but good that they got rid of the cyst); I'd give you one of mine if I could! sad  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 pm
Samt03
Should probably mention that I made it home Monday night, I'm on a few lot of pain meds atm.

TMI in white: They did have to take my left ovary, the cyst completely destroyed it.... so I'm dealing with that a bit now emotionally...

>: That sucks sam.

I hope you are at least feeling better.

How goes the recovery? *hugs*  

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Kain Balance Guardian
Crew

Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:00 pm
Bluetabbycat
Bloody hell, Sam, that's awful (but good that they got rid of the cyst); I'd give you one of mine if I could! sad

Thanks Tabby, I still have one that works, so hubby and I are going to try to have a baby next year before something happens to that one too.

/late  
Meridian - Real Life Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff