Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:25 pm
User Image

There were days when the hunts were unsuccessful, the cubs noisy and the males grumpy. This was not one of those days. Today, Baie could sigh in visible contentment, happy to be part of a pride like hers. There was food in her belly, strong lions protecting the borders, a new alliance that had so far shown promise and a new litter of cubs had been born, ending most doubts regarding Surtak’s suitability as Umholi.

They were a little on the small side, sure. But most were female which was definitely good and Baie had been observing the dark lion in practice fights at the Firekin outpost enough times to fully accept him. Fathering his first litter had only served to squash the last stubborn whispers that still challenged his position.

The orange lioness was coming out of Wodi’s den with a small smile on her maw. The Busisa seemed proud of the feisty cubs and Baie couldn’t wait to see how their personalities would grow in future. They couldn’t be any worse than those two girls from Njalo’s litter, not really.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:06 pm
User Image Monifa liked to wander around and found herself wandering almost into Baie. Usually she wasn't so bird headed but she had been thinking a lot about what had happened. That and she had been following the sounds of cubs. She adored cubs and wanted to mother them regardless of whose they were. Maybe it was what had happened to her had really changed her, who knew.

"Oh!" She cried out as she nearly stumbled into Baie. "Sorry." words fumbling from her mouth. Usually she was more level headed and definitely less stammery. Today just wasn't her day it seemed. Maybe it was because she was feeling still odd from the fact that there were so many red pelts from the Firekin and the outposts. Not that it was a bad thing she thought, more interaction.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:28 pm
Baie was quick to move out of the way, grinning at the other lioness as she did so. Perhaps her dodging practices with her niece were actually paying off. Baie didn’t really see herself fighting like the red-pelted giants but she found their lessons rather entertaining.

“Careful, now.” She told the Firekin-looking Busisa in a playful tone, tilting her head to the side. One could easily confuse the orange-eyed lioness for one of the of their allies, Baie thought to herself. She decided to keep those words in her mind only, worried that her fellow pride member might feel uncomfortable if she were to mention it. “Have you come to see the cubs?”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:14 am
Mogami

The female gave her a small grin. "Sorry. bird brained right now. I'm not usually like this." She chuckled. "I have. I heard the sound of cubs and I wanted to come see them and see how they were doing. I'm sure they are still wound up from the events that happened." It had been quite an ordeal but glad now that it was over. Although she got the feeling she'd still be looked at differently because of her pelt color. She was so close to the way Firekin looked. Maybe that was why she was so bird brained? Well maybe this would set her at ease just talking with another female. She had seen the other at the watering hole where everything had started to go down. However recognition of her name...

"I'm sorry I seem to have forgotten you. I saw you but I can't place your name. I'm Monifa." She said as she gave a bow to the other female.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:24 pm

“They are doing well. A little small for their age, perhaps, but full of energy.” Baie said with a small smile as she leaned back to sit, looking fairly relaxed. “They seem to have already forgotten the whole thing. I don’t like to think about what could’ve happened that day but I have a good feeling about those fire-pelts now.”

She was quite taken with the Busisa’s manners and she quickly returned the introduction.

“Baie’mooi. Just Baie is enough.” Her smile widened as she offered the other lioness a nod, nowhere near as deep as Monifa’s bow, but more than she would usually have reserved for a lioness not connected to her by blood. “Have you been to their outpost lately? They seem to have very strange opinions concerning coat colors but I daresay the two of us could pass for a pair of their fighter ladies. Well, almost.” She looked down at her cream-colored toes with a slightly raised eyebrow. Perhaps her softer constitution, more than the offending pale color of her belly and paws, would be considered more problematic by the Firekin. Those lions – and lionesses! – were… big.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:03 pm
Mogami

Baie'mooi. What a lovely name the red pelted female noted. Although her mention of the outpost and them passing as their fighters she let slip a laugh. "I guess we could but I think they would be able to figure out we aren't one of them. Maybe me more so. Look at me." She gave a bit of a twirl around almost as if to catch her own tail. "I'm just glad there wasn't a fight. I think we could fend them off for a bit but they were intimidating to say the least."

On top of that she didn't really want to deal with that. She had just started to get use to being within safety after he attack on her own small band of travellers before coming to this new land. She gave a small shiver which she had tried to suppress and failed.

"Let's move on from that subject shall we?" She grinned at the other, "The cubs. Full of energy hmm. They will grow to be so strong."

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:50 am
DavyJnah

Baie nodded slowly, trying not to lose herself in unwelcomed thoughts. She didn't like to remember their first meeting with the desert lions. She'd been too jumpy, too aggressive even after Gakere had arrived to calm tempers down. It was blatantly clear he was a good leader if he could easily difuse a situation like that. A good Umholi, strong but also wise.

"They are very... energetic. It's a good sign." The subject change was very much appreciated. "Their father isn't very large but he's strong and the birth of these cubs will quiet most doubts regarding his suitability as Umholi."

She glanced back at the den before she lowered her tone.

"Gakere is proven though and also the son of the previous Umholi so, personally, I would favor him over Surtak... This seems like a good time to have cubs. What about you? Do you wish to have cubs soon?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:26 pm
Mogami

The female became a tad flustered at the subject of becoming a mother and she glanced away quickly but gave a nod at the question. She would love to become a mother and have beautiful little cubs. However she was also scared of the prospect of them. Of course she would have the support of the pride but still it was going to be a difficult task. The pride couldn't help her with the pain of labor, but they could ease the after part.

"I would quite like a batch of cubs myself. For now however watching over the little ones pleases me enough. Especially if I can teach them to hunt and gather." She was a decent hunter she thought, she had hunted a few wildebeest and taken them down with her old group. A few of the lioness' here she was sure could go with her to catch some larger prey, maybe even take on a rhino if they were feeling brave enough.. although that could be stupidity talking. Maybe a small one if they were very careful.

The female fidgeted a bit, "Maybe we should continue this talk in the shade?" She was starting to pant a bit in the heat of the day. One of the dens or even a tree to lay under would be good.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:43 am
DavyJnah

“Oooh…? Are you getting a little hot under that dark coat of yours?”
Baie asked with a teasing grin as she moved to a spot under a tree and plopped down with little ceremony. “Certainly, if it would make you feel more comfortable.”

She stretched a little, lazily adjusting her muscles to a resting position. It was good to hear the other lioness speak of cubs – they were the life and blood of the pride, after all and Baie would look down on a female who never showed interest in having at least one cub. She also seemed interested in teaching the little ones and even if Wodi’s feisty bunch might be a bit young for such lessons, it was good to know the cubs might already have a motivated teacher on reserve. Monifa seemed to be a good huntress, more than capable of carrying her own weight and her interest in the communal way of rearing cubs proved she was a good fit for the Bonelands.

“So…” The wicked grin widened, green eyes bright and teasing even in the shade. “What is your preference? In our mighty Abaholi, I mean? Has either of them caught your eye?”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:36 pm
Mogami

Hot, the answer was that she was quite warm now, the darker undertones of her pelt soaking up more sun that the other pelt for sure. She ended up sliding in just next to the female but enough to give them space between the two of them. "Its a beautiful day for sure but a lioness needs a break at least from the sun." She chuckled.

When the subject of the Abaholi came up however she gave a big ole grin to it. Trying to hide her somewhat awkwardness to it. "Both of them are good for me if I must say. I don't think I would be picky were I to bear cubs from either of them."

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:54 am
DavyJnah

"I'm leaning towards Gakere. He hasn't had a litter yet but he is quite large and strong. His strength is proven. And his blood already flows in a good part of the pride but he's not related to me." Her pensive expression took on a somewhat sly look. A ripple travelled from the base of her skull all the way down to her tail "Well, he's not bad to look at either." She grinned, a full set of teeth gleaming wickedly.

"Surtak, well... I suppose I'll wait to see. I still don't like he didn't have to fight his way in... and he is a bit on the small side." She looked over her shoulder at the den she'd left a few moments before. "I guess we'll know soon. They seem to have spirit, those cubs of his. Time will tell."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:24 pm
Mogami

The female nodded. "He is quite handsome. We shall see. I don't that I'm completely ready to have cubs right this minute. I am more than happy to continue watching over the cubs and help in other ways." Although she wanted cubs, she was sure right now wasn't the right time for her. She didn't know what to think of Surtak to be quite honest but she was sure he was going to be a good leader. "I'm sure he'll do fine." She said. "You going to try to get a litter with Gakere huh?" Now teasing the female, she gave her a look any female would understand. "You will have beautiful cubs and I would be happy to assist with rearing them."

She'd have to wait to see the males and meet them before making a decision as to whom she'd like to sire her cubs. The red female would have time though to come up with a decision and things could change around the pride.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:01 pm
DavyJnah

"Well, there's no rush." Baie almost purred. To the tease of a possible approach of Gakere, she grinned again. Of course, she'd thought about it and those thoughts were increasing by the day. "Possibly. Perhaps I'll be the first one." She winked. "Someone has to do it."

She had to admit she quite liked talking to the Busisa. She was definitely a good fit for the pride and her colors were close enough to her family's for Baie to feel a certain kinship towards the other lioness. She suddenly remembered Monifa had intended to visit the cubs.

"Oh, look at us. Gossiping like little girls just out of cubhood..." The orange lioness chuckled wholeheartedly, her tail dancing playfully behind her. "Do you want to go see the little terrors? I'm sure Wodi would like us to watch them for a bit while she rests."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:04 pm
Mogami
I think maybe we will finish up here shortly.

She had to agree with Baie there. No rush. "I wish you luck Baie. I don't think I could be brave enough to be able to go up to him yet." A small chuckle coming from her maw. Their cubs would look so beautiful once she did have them. "I can't hold my excitement for you." What a day. She was glad to have accidentally bumped into the female.

At the mention of them gossiping she gave a hearty laugh. "I guess we are aren't we. I do want to see the little terrors. Might be good to relieve her then. You know since they are growing up and full of energy. I could definitely wear them out, or maybe they might wear me out!"

Getting to her paws she gave a shake and then a stretch. "I'm glad to have bumped into you Baie."

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:26 pm
DavyJnah

"Likewise, Monifa." Baie gave the other lioness a smile and very decisive nod after standing up and stretching her muscles languidly.

"We might as well as well get used to them... with only one male - and what a nice-looking cub, he is! - we're going to be stuck with those four little devils for good." Baie chuckled as she moved towards the den. "Wodi, I'm back. I found another volunteer to watch over your darlings. Go rest before she figures out how much work they really are!" She grinned as she entered the den, winking over her shoulder at the darker lioness, just waiting for the moment Monifa got swarmed by furballs. She wouldn't miss it for the world.

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff