Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[PRP] All quiet at home (Rasul x Tasleem)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:56 pm
User Image

It had been some time since Rasul had found the pridelands so calming. With his children grown there wasn't nearly as much to worry about, and the den hadn't collapsed in weeks. In some ways it was relaxing but in others, frankly, he found himself growing exceedingly bored. It was for this reason that he had begun visiting the roguelands more frequently, and though it helped with his boredom it also made him feel guilty. He had responsibilities here at home, dear Litho and Tasleem who needed him around. And instead he'd gone out cavorting with that lioness he could only describe as a witch. That was it, she'd bewitched him, drawn every cruel thought from his mind to his tongue.

But he was free of her now, and back where he belonged. Decided he let his shoulders sag as he observed the pride from outside their den. Many of those he grew up with had moved on during the uprising, their empty dens felt very strange to him. Even some of his own children had left, that felt even stranger. What was a Pad without a strong and loving family behind him?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:09 pm
User ImageStrong? She was not strong. She did what was asked of her, when it was asked. There was no backtalk from her, no whining, no complaining. She was her name sake; totally submissive. Tasleem found no greater joy in life than to serve her pad, or any pad that asked her to do something specific. So far, no one had asked her to do more than what was required of her. Though she had yet to bare her Pad a littler, she was till happy. She helped out the other Banu as much as she could.

Yes, adjusting to life with a new Pad had been really hard on her. She had stayed with her father for so long. Her father and mother were her rock. Without them, Tasleem would surly be completely lost and wild as a cub. She wouldn't be Banu material. Though they would have liked to see her become a Beybanu, the fact anyone wanted the dark female was good news.

Her siblings were bright. Unusually bright and she was the only dull one. She had nothing very special about her besides her personality. Even her eyes were starting to get more common in the pride because of breeding. So those blue and black beauties were once again drown out by brighter relatives. In a way, Tasleem was glad she didn't stand out. There were tales of Pads abusing their Banu, scaring them, beating them... She didn't want that to happen to her. She didn't know her Pad all that well. She didn't speak unless she was spoken too and rumors were just that. Rumors. She didn't pay any attention to them.

Then suddenly he'd gone somewhere without letting anyone know. Tasleem had been so worried for him while he was gone. She continued to clean the den, hunt, do her daily chores and visit her family, but it wasn't the same without Rasul there. While love was still a long ways away, he was her Pad and she cared for him as such.

From in the den, she watched Rasul's shoulders sag and that was her signal to come out. She sat next to him, unspeaking, waiting for him to notice her. Again, she wouldn't speak until spoken to.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:50 pm
For a short while Rasul opted to sit in silence with her, glad for even the illusion of company. He wasn't sure how Tasleem felt about him, though he knew however it was she would continue her duties. That was one of the things he had liked about her when he had gone to her father. No matter what she might be feeling she was the perfect banu. And while he wanted her to be happy he generally thought of himself as a very poor Pad. She had no cubs to care for, something he knew must bore her, and he so rarely expressed his feelings that he wasn't even sure if she knew he cared.

Feeling a burden to try and patch their relationship he finally spoke. "Tasleem, I'm sorry for my absence. I know," he paused, trying to come up with the right words, "I know you've always been loyal to me and for that I thank you more than I can truly explain. It's good to know that even if I'm away and in trouble there will be someone here waiting for me." He thought for a moment and then added, "I'm sorry we don't have much of a family, and I'm sorry you don't have sister banu to keep you company. I don't suppose Litho is much comfort, she's much too... Different."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:56 pm
The words her Pad spoke.. The words of apologies tugged at her heart strings. She shook her head and looked up at him, eyes sad but forgiving. "Pad Rasul... You've no reason to apologize to me. I'm but a Banu who does what is asked of her. If you wish no cubs, then no cubs. If you wish to go off, you are allowed. I do not object to it. It is not my place," her voice was quiet as ever. She never raised it. Not in fear, not in protest, nothing. He'd never hear her raise her voice either, even if she ever had cubs. There was no point in doing it. A voice was never once raised to her and look how she turned out. So kind, so caring.

Those eyes looked away from him and off into the distance. "This pride is a place where Pads do not have to feel sorry for doing something they want to. It is how the pride works. If it worked any other way it would not be home." A sigh came from her after she spoke and a fond expression appeared on her lips. "Nothing makes me happier than taking care of the den and doing what is asked. You've asked me here to clean and make sure things stayed in order and that is what I am doing. Never feel the need to apologize to me." It wasn't a demand. It wasn't a request. It was just a statement. He really shouldn't ever feel like he had to apologize or explain himself.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:02 pm
With her acceptance he was able to relax. He'd worried that his actions had somehow ruined her life but he was finally beginning to see that this was the way she liked things. He couldn't say that he necessarily understood it, after all he had chosen Litho who had an independent streak like no other, but he appreciated it none the less. And she was right, that had been their original agreement. But could he be blamed if he also wanted there to be some spark, some love between them?

He knew well enough he would have to work for that. And that was where his plan began. He had had enough of chaos in the roguelands, he was ready for home. They might expand their family, through cubs or new banu, and in time he might even make his father proud of him. That he wasn't as sure of. His father was not the calm and rational sort. But he couldn't help but hope. He owed it to such a perfect Banu to be at least a good Pad to her.

"Your words speak to a much older mind than you," he told her, "I must admit I find it very calming." He settled, looking toward her with a soft smile, "It reminds me what I miss when I'm away. Have you thought much about the future?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 pm
"It's not my place to think of my future." For all she knew, he was going to trade her off for someone less boring. Her fate wasn't her own anymore. It was up to her Pad. The Pads had the power, the Banu's just did as they were told. Letting her weight shift from one paw to another, she looked out and then back to her Pad. "I have to admit, I've dreamt of cubs. Not mine, but cubs to take care of." She couldn't see Rasul wanting cubs with her. After all, she was much more demure than Litho. Most other Pads found that very dull, and she wasn't sure if he was one of them.

"I've helped a few other Banu, baby sitting. The ones without another Banu to help them. Helped keep an eye as the cubs played about, or helped round them up when on a walk."

Tasleem adored cubs. While there wasn't too much of a longing to get pregnant and have her own, it was a Banu's duty, after all. It confused her. She knew she was very, very different from a lot of the other Banu who practically demanded cubs when they wanted them. It struck her as very odd of a thing to do. After all, what would happen if a Banu wanted cubs but the Pad did not? Scandal, that's what. That's the last thing she wanted for her Pad.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:13 pm
Rasul couldn't help but look a little surprised by her words. Not her own cubs? While he appreciated how helpful she was to others he couldn't help but think about what a wonderful mother she would make to her own. But if she didn't want her own, well was it that she didn't want her own or that she didn't want his. Inwardly he felt a little offended, and that made him feel guilty. He wasn't like his father in that way, he hoped.

"Well," he said softly, hoping he wouldn't upset her. He knew she would do what was asked of her but he was also very certain he didn't want her resenting him. If she was even capable of that. It was a complex situation, he ought to know her better than he did. "I don't know if Litho desires any more cubs, ours were a handful after all. And I don't know if I'd like another Banu. I feel as if I barely know you as it is, what sense to add another." He paused, gathering up his courage, "I would like to see some more cubs around the den, it feels so empty now. If they would be yours, would that upset you?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:18 pm
The question took her a moment to answer.

She was more shocked than anything. He actually wanted to have cubs with her? Well, she really couldn't say it would upset her. It was true that Tasleem would do what was asked, but she really wouldn't be upset. "Not at all," she said after a moment of thinking. "I would be honored to bare your cubs." A small smile appeared on her face as she spoke. How could she be anything less than honored? He picked her for one thing, organization, and wanted her for breeding? That was a step up in her book. She also felt it was Rasul's way of wanting to get to know her a bit better.

That in itself made her happy. The smile that appeared on her face, albeit small, was bright. She even puffed up a little at it.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:22 pm
Rasul too puffed up as he let out a little laugh. "Good, good then!" he exclaimed, sounding a little more excited than he had intended. He had been so worried she would turn away or sound sad, but this was a great relief. This way she could feel more bonded to their home, and he had to admit he liked the idea of having cubs around again. Especially any who were half as patient and beautiful as she was. Their daughters would be a source of pride and their sons, great honor he was sure. But he was getting ahead of himself.

"I like this time with you," he told her, "Outside of the den, when there's nothing to focus on. Perhaps you could tell me about your childhood, I know your father is a great man."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:31 pm
"My cubhood?" She thought a moment and shrugged. "It wasn't remarkable. I had siblings, like any else. I would play with them between lessons on how to be the best Banu. I learned through the grape vine that the Sultan likes patient girls who know their place, as do many Pads. So, I took it upon myself to be the best Banu I could be. Mother and father gave me praise. I do not know if the Sultan praises father for how his children have come out.

"I wasn't really close to many of my siblings. I was close, but I didn't have a best friend among them, I mean. Mother and father had another litter. I helped take care of them. I do not know if any of the girls picked up on how to be a Banu like me, but I imagine not. Most find it very tedious and boring to be like me..." She let her brows knit in worry at that and sighed. She had a boring personality to match her boring appearance. She really was the black sheep in her family, the odd one out. Though there was another dull one like her, but she had more of a personality, come to think of it. Most of her siblings were really out going.

"Mother and Father were, and still are, very protective."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:40 pm
"I don't find you boring at all," he told her, his face feeling a bit flush as he looked away from her for a moment, "I find you fascinating, truly, that you are the way you are because you enjoy it so. My father..." He trailed off, a sour expression settling on his face, "My father always seemed to feel that no Banu was patient and kind and caring to their Pad and their fellow Banu without punishment to reinforce it. I disagree."

Disagree was perhaps too soft of a word. He didn't fit in well with his family, his own siblings had varying personalities but he had never been close to any of them. "That's good though, for them to be protective. You're worth the extra care and concern, I would hope that if I ever do anything to hurt you they would come to tell me so." Well, he hoped that she would tell him so, but he knew that wasn't likely to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:32 pm
More than likely they wouldn't. Tasleem wasn't one to feel very easily slighted or belittled unless it was physical. Mentally she could cope with just about anything. ....Or so she thought. She hadn't been met with much hostility or ill will yet. It was very hard to be mad at a Banu who did everything you said without question or mistrust. Perhaps that would be her downfall one day, trusting another Pad. She hoped it wouldn't. She was extra careful when fulfilling other Pad requests. Usually it was to go fetch a cub that had strayed off because he couldn't be bothered with it.

Tasleem allowed a slight flush to come to her cheeks and she ducked her head. The compliments were taken kindly and she looked up, after a moment, to return them in kind. "And you are a wonderful and caring Pad. You've made sure I was comfortable. You allowed me to go home when I first was brought to you. You were very patient as I was weened off my parents."

She sighed softly and smiled. "If you do not mind me saying so, we should go talk with them and tell them... we're planning cubs. Surly they would love to hear that news."  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:39 pm
"We should," he agreed, "I'd like to see the look on their faces, I hope it would make them happy. There's been so much unrest in the pride it's hard to be optimistic. A good loyal group of cubs eager to learn, that sounds like something to hope for." He couldn't guarantee their cubs would be loyal of course, he had learned that with his last litter, but maybe with a mother like Tasleem. If they took after her more than they did, well all the better for them.

"Tomorrow, I think, just after sun rise if that would be alright." He nodded, "You could visit them tonight if you'd like, maybe stay over and get caught up? You don't have to of course, but I know how you miss them sometimes." He would miss her, but it would just be for a few hours and perhaps he could construct some fine surprise for when she returned with him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:48 pm
Perhaps she could stay over. She was very, very tempted. Tasleem missed her family dearly, but at the same time something about leaving him that long made her uneasy. She had to think about it, which meant she was silent for a while. She didn't look uncomfortable or angry, just contemplative. She would be back tomorrow, so there really was no harm in staying over, was there? Nodding, she looked up to Rasul and smiled widely.

"I would like that very much, Pad Rasul." With that, she got to her paws and moved in front of him. She bowed her head and looked back up. "Until after sunrise tomorrow. I won't tell them the surprise until you come. Is that alright?"  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dulcea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm
"That will be perfect Banu Tasleem," he told her, admiration shining through his eyes, "I'll come for you the moment the sun hits the sky, I couldn't wait a moment longer." He thought he might stay out here for a little while, the sun felt good after such a long time traveling, it soothed his muscles. "I'll miss you, truly." It felt good to say it, unafraid that he might offend her. And cubs, the thought made his heart sing. It was something to live for.  
[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games