Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mazunguko Lands [IC]
[PRP] At First Sight (Chisulo'Enzi & Kyung)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 pm
It had been a little while since Chisulo and his brothers had been separated from their Mamma and their sisters. He... had been dealing with it a bit better then the first few nights where he had gone to sleep with Nahasi. The nightmares were coming less frequently and he was starting to handle them better! He only rarely had to bother 'Hasi anymore! Chisulo prided himself on the steps he was taking to overcome the shadows that haunted his dreams. His Mamma would be so proud!

He was on his way to the Mother's Den right now to tell his Mamma about his achievement! He had memorized the way to the Mother's Den and back thanks to some really nice Tunnelers! Though one of them didn't have a mane, so he had asked him what had happened to it. The tunneler had given a chuckle and explained to him that he never had a mane for he was a leopard, not a lion. Chisulo had found that fascinating! There were others besides lions?! What were they?! What did they look like?! That was another reason he wanted to see his Mamma! She knew everything! She'd be able to tell him more!

He entered the Mother's den and looked around for his Mamma, but couldn't see her. He found a mother that didn't look busy and walked up to her.

"Excuse me, but have you seen my Mamma, Bedeinka?"

She told him that she was currently out of the Den, but did not know where. He thanked her and turned away dejected. He would have to wait to talk to her until she came back. He found a spot out of the way and sat down.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 pm
Kyung sat in the corner, in hopes that he wouldn't bother anyone. He watched others with interest. In his head he made little stories for them. One lion came in, talked to a lioness and then left. Kyung decided that the two had a forbidden romance, that both knew that they could never be together. Despite it, they were still in love and they were still happy. Then there were the cubs. Giving cubs stories was even better. There was a young leopardess who he decided would leave the pride when she was old enough and marry a king. He liked that idea. It was much better then being stuck in the den for her whole life. Plus who wouldn't want to marry a king or royalty for that matter.

He saw one of Lady Bedeinka's cubs come into the den and talk to a lioness. He shifted uncomfortably where he sat. Lady Bedeinka had never paid him much attention, he thought it was probably because he hardly ever spoke. But when she looked at him, she looked so angry and he could never figure out what he had done wrong. He had never spent any time with her cubs, but was sure that they would have the same hatred for him that she did.

Quickly he looked away from the cub, though he did have an idea for the cub. The cub would grow up to be a knight, he decided. He would protect those who could not protect themselves. Bedeinka would be proud of him, along with the rest of the pride. That would be a good story. He found his attention going back to the lion cub. The cub seemed so happy whenever Kyung saw him. There were moment when Kyung thought it would be fun to play with the cub, but he always decided against it because he didn't want to get rejected. The idea of someone not wanting him was more terrifying then getting lost in the tunnels.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:54 pm
Waiting was hard. Every time someone came in, he would get excited, but none of them so far had been his Mamma. He would have been getting sad with every disappointment, but he turned it in to a good opportunity! He saw all the different Brotherhood members that came by. There were lions, leopards and so many more! How had he never noticed before?

While watching someone walk past, his eye's meet with an older cat. He remembered seeing him while he was still living here! He gave him a warm smile. Then he noticed that he was sitting alone as well! Maybe he could keep him company while he waited for Mamma?

He looked to make sure that he wouldn't be getting in anyone's way before going over. He smiled at him again and was about to introduce himself when he was suddenly very nervous. He could feel his cheeks get a little warm and his chest get a bit tight.
"Um H-hi!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:14 pm
Kyung saw the lion cub heading toward him and instantly felt panic take over. This was not good, not good at all. He was going to get in trouble with this lion, he just knew it. More than anything he just wanted to run away, he wanted to find a kind den mother and curl up next to her. His legs wouldn't move though. It was like the rocks that made up his home had betrayed him and latched onto his legs so he could not move. He closed his eyes, hoping the lion cub would find someone else to be mean too.

However he felt the panic get lifted off him when the lion cub spoke. His voice was much gentler then he thought it would be, Kyung thought. He had imagined the lion's voice being gruff and mean. His smile was gentle too, making Kyung feel his feet freed again. He stared at the lion's eyes for a moment, thinking that they looked like seashells he had seen before coming to Mazunguko. They were very pretty, he thought.

“Hello.” he said quietly, nodding his head. His paws shuffled nervously as he looked at the lion. He tried to think of something to say, anything would have been fine, like 'what is your name' or 'you don't come here often,' but Kyung's thoughts weren't as focused as he would have liked them to be. “Y-your mom doesn't l-like me,” his voice was shaky when he spoke and after he said it he looked at the ground. He instantly regretted saying that, but thought it might be for the best. If this cub did in fact want to be friends with him, he did not want him to get in trouble with him mother.

“S-sorry, I mean, she probably doesn't w-want you near me.” He backed away from the lion cub and hoped he didn't seem mean.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:51 pm
Oh he felt so silly! Why did he trip over a simple 'hi'? He'd never done that before! The brief silence made him nervous and his eye flicked back up to the other's eyes. He had never seen a shade of green quite like his before. They stood bright against his black fur, drawing your eyes to them. His cheeks heated up more.

When he gave a small 'hello' back, Chisulo's smile widened. Maybe he didn't embarrass himself as much as he thought he had! Though it faded in surprise a bit when he told him that his Mamma didn't like him. He was going to talk when he apologized and changed his sentence and began to back away.

For some reason he REALLY didn't want him to leave.

"Wh-wait!" He took a few more steps forward to keep the same distance between them. He gave him his best smile, cheeks heating up once again. "My Mamma likes everyone, so I don't think she would mind! M-my name is Chisulo'Enzi, wh-whats yours?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:23 am
Kyung liked it when this lion smiled. It made him feel warm inside. He gave a small smile in return, despite thinking they shouldn't be even talking to each other. They could get in trouble. Bedeinka could make it so that her cub couldn't come down to the female's den. He did not want that. He would rather not talk to this cub and be able to watch him from affair then have him taken away.

He stopped moving when the cub said wait. Kyung listened to what he said. Was it possible that he was interrupting it wrong? That Bedeinka didn't really hate him. Perhaps she was having an off day. Grownups were constantly having bad days, he thought. For now he would give her the benefit of the doubt. “W-well, if she d-doesn't hate me, then m-maybe we can play together? If it is okay w-with you.” He gave Chisulo an awkward smile. “M-my name is Kyung.” He gave another nod of the head.

“I-it is very n-nice to meet you Chisulo-Enzi.” He could feel his eyes watering up. Everything was so stressful but yet so amazing. He had never had a real friend before and now there was a chance he would make one. He would be careful not to screw things up. “I-is it t-true that you are r-realted to King N-nahasi?” He wasn't sure what a cub of the royal family would be doing down here. In his head they always lived in lavish dens with fireflies dancing all about and even had their own private pools to bathe in. It didn't make any sense why anyone would leave that and go down to the mother's dens instead.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:32 am
Seeing the smile on the other's face was worth semi-embarrassing himself. Even if it was a small one! It looked really nice on him. Maybe if he tried hard enough, he could get a really big one out of him! So he decided that he was going to try and make him smile more!

He was so happy that he stopped. It made something warm grow in his chest. "My Mamma is always super nice, I don't know how she could hate anyone! I'd love to play with you!" Another smile! Yay!

Kyung, his name was Kyung. He repeated the name a few times in his head. He wasn't going to let himself forget it! If it was possible his smile grew brighter. "Its super nice to meet you as well Kyung!"

When he brought Nahasi up he was positively glowing. He nodded in agreement "Yeah! 'Hasi is my cousin! He's really nice! You should meet him sometime!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:45 am
“Uh, w-what do you want to play?” Kyung asked. He had never played with another cub before. Usually he would just play little games by himself. He spent most of his time watching other play. “W-we could play t-tag or hide and seek or something else.” He felt his voice getting a little bit stronger. Maybe talking to those who were new wasn't as scary as he thought it would be. So far it seemed to be going well.

“W-whenever she looked at me, she looked angry.” he muttered, thinking about her cold glances at him. Even thinking of it sent a shiver up his spine. “I-I was told that s-some of the members d-do not like my kind.” His tail wrapped around his leg and he looked away. It was always a struggle for him to think about being a hybrid. He didn't feel any different, but sometimes others would look at him. The other cubs would sometimes mention how different he was compared to them and it always hurt. That was one of the many reasons he avoided others.

“I d-don't think the king wants to see me.” He couldn't imagine talking to the king. He had been lucky once and got to meet one of the council members. However he knew that was a rare occurrence and he shouldn't expect it to happen again. “Even if I d-din meet him, I w-wouldn't know what to say.”

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

Innocent_Hybrid

Fashionable Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:11 am
Chisulo mostly played with his brothers these days, so playing with someone else should be fun! "Zeru likes tag cause it helps us work on being strong! But I kinda like hide and seek better! What would you like to play?"

A brief look of confusion crossed his face "Mamma? Angry? I've never seen that before! Though there was that one time she was talking about dirt, but that's the closest I've seen!" He hadn't understood a lot of what his Mamma said during that talk, and 'Hasi was really clean the next time he saw him, so he had just figured that he had to be older to understand. Its okay though, he could wait!

When Kyung looked sad and talked about people not liking him, Chisulo leaned in closer. "We'll I think you're amazing! Anyone who says that hasn't meet you and doesn't know how nice you are!" The heat in his cheeks started again. "And of course 'Hasi would like to meet you! He's really nice! Plus you're my friend and I'd like to introduce you sometime!" He beamed with the last statement.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:20 am
"H-hide and seek sounds good," Kyung said with a nod. He thought that out of the games he had seen that one did seem the most fun. Plus tag could get violent and he didn't want his new friend to get hurt. "Did you want to hide first or do you want to seek?" He felt himself getting less nervous when he talked, something that hardly ever happened. Maybe around friends he wasn't as meek?

"Dirt?" He asked curiously, not really understanding why she would ever talk about dirt. It seemed silly. There was dirt all around them, why would she need to talk about it? He decided not to worry about it.

When Chiculo said he was amazing, he felt his heart beat just a hair faster. His eyes started watering again. Never had he imagined that someone would accept him. "Thank you, t-that means a lot to me. If he has some free time, I-I think I would like to meet him. J-just a short meeting though." He didn't want to say something stupid in front of the king, even with his new friend with him.

He smiled, at last he finally had a friend.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

[IC] Mazunguko Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces