Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Of Conquest and Death (Soren and Lan) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 am
It was a rather warm day for the ninth October, though Soren would always consider the month to be the month of War Admiral. He had been hard at work, miscellaneous tasks that only one of his body type was truly suited for, heavy lifting, things relying on brute strength. He still had work to do but he needed a break, to cool down and eat perhaps. So he found his way into the forest, packing a jug and his rations with him.

It was a delightful way to cool off. Simply filling the jug with water and lifting it above his head, tilting his face to it as he slowly emptied the contents. Rivulets of water trickled down him, running down his chest, his well formed abs, soaking into his trousers and causing the fabric to cling to his form, revealing that not a single inch of his body was wasted on imperfections.

Just another day in the life of a Death Guardian.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:44 pm
When things distracted Lan she had two methods to dealing with them. One, was try to find a way to tolerate them. The best example she had of this was how Mengyao would always have his fan. Oh she could try to remove it, or hit him with her own, but the end result was he would still have his fan, and he'd still wave it around. So, she had learned to tolerate it to a point.

The second way Lan dealt with distractions was by removing them. Permanently. The best example was a minipet that had once refused to learn to obey and had constantly gotten in her way for no reason. Getting rid of that mini had been easy.

Getting rid of Soren however, was not quite possible. She liked Soren. She liked Soren in a way that made her feel guilt over what she had until recently, loved. He was distracting to her, worse, he was kind to her. Kind in ways that left her confused to his intentions. Lan was not used to acts of kindness without someone seeking recompense. Compliments were to be taken at face value, but when they came from a man who rarely spoke at all, what exactly did that mean? He confused her, distracted her, and made her want to cry and scream and then want to be held. Soren was a distraction, one she couldn't tolerate or adapt to, one she couldn't remove or get rid of.

So, Lan was stuck, conflicted about her own feelings, and why she had them. Conquest she told herself, did not shy from adversity. It did not hide away and hope what caused distress would simply vanish. And yet another thing, she didn't want Soren to vanish. Oh she had an inkling to what she felt for him, which only made it worse. Still, she had to confront him. It was better to seek the battle than never rise to the challenge. There was no honor in cowardice.

Finding Soren was not the hardest task, the guardian's description easily marking him out from a crowd. Easily making him one others might point her to. When she found him it was to her one of the worst possible states. He was handsome, yet another reason why he was distracting. A large reason actually. She kept behind a tree, trying to hide what she know was her face turning red. "Soren." Her voice carried a strength she doubted she even had. "Have I come at an indecent hour?" Please say yes.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:01 pm
Soren had been so enjoying his rinse-off that while he had noted some of the sounds of the forest dying down, he had not actually heard the horsewoman's approach. He turned toward her voice, seeing the telltale edge of a headdress, a bit of robes. "Lan," he acknowledged, wondering why she was here of all places, in this particular part of the forest.

Her question amused him and he set the jug down, making no effort to put on his shirt because he really did not feel indecent, bared nipples on a stallion were nothing to be concerned with. Now his pelt on the other hand...it was something he preferred to have on around others, but not a necessity. "No," the simple answer, and a truthful one. He did have other things to do though, and could not just stand around not being productive. "Join me for lunch." As he waited for her he got out the food he had brought with him. Nothing he needed, just things he wanted. A couple of carrots, a portion of apple crisp, and in a small packet, sugar cubes. An entirely indulgent lunch but he would more than work it off later.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:28 pm
She tried not to let her shoulders slump when he said that he was not busy. It was a fool's hope really, she should have known better than to expect different. Oh she would bet money he had other things he could be doing but no, he was polite, willing to refrain from his work for her. Damn him. Damn him damn him damn him. A deep breath she willed herself to calm down. She was not a coward, she was not weak. She would rise to this and overcome it.

Coming out from behind the tree, she had to fight herself. He was attractive, and she should not be feeling such things for him. She hardly knew him, just as an acquaintance. Her walk was steady, though every part of her screamed to leave. This was not the place for her, this was not the time. Yet still she couldn't retreat, her pride would not allow it. As she found herself in front to him she bowed slightly, looking as the ground for a place to sit. She didn't trust herself to stand. if she stood, she would have to look up at him and his face. Sitting she might better keep her gaze off of his.

"I had.. an inquiry. Several. Though I did not mean to spoil your lunch."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:35 pm
Conquest was so formal. He watched as she approached and then seemed to be looking for a place to sit down, almost sighing inwardly. Were nobles really that concerned with getting their clothes dirty? He simply shrugged at the idea of her ruining his lunch, and then turned, moving a couple of paces and bending over to get his shirt to spread out on the ground next to her.

"Sit on that," he said with a gesture. No use wasting time trying to get her settled in. He sat down as well, giving them both space, legs in front of him, bent at the knees so he could rest his forearms on them as he looked at her. "What do you need?" He bit into a carrot as he continued to study her.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 pm
He was only doing his duty she told himself. He was only doing what his rank and her own called for. She shouldn't think of it, that he as offering to dirty his clothes for her. Gingerly she sat down, brushing out her dress. He was right in his thought, conquest did mind filth and dirt. At least nobles like Lan did. He sitting position was odd to her, yet, she felt weaker for it. Like he held some kind of unseen upper hand.

"I-" She started, sighing before looked away from his face. "I will not be unkind Soren. What I ask is of a delicate matter, but if I do not ask it, I will not understand you... or myself I fear." Beating around the bush she was cowardly, not being direct, she was avoiding it, avoiding him. Gold eyes moved back to his face, hard and cold. "What are your intentions towards me?"  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 pm
Really, so long as it was not his pelt, Soren didn't mind getting down and dirty if it called for it. So he might have to wash his shirt...it was not pristine to begin with. He legitimately thought nothing of it other than that she was being finicky.

She was being wordy and he had no idea why she had approached him. Why they were both sitting here with her looking like there was something serious on her mind, and yet saying almost nothing. Red eyes met gold ones when she looked back, surprised at the expression in them. His intentions? Why was that important. She said this was a delicate manner, but if it was an answer that she wanted, it was an answer she would get.

He was going to have to use words for this wasn't he. "You're a clanswoman. We're allies. I'll fight with you, get revenge with you." Those were his intentions for all of the herd. He would fight along with them, and they with him. Maybe he would be a bit more protective of her, Lifen, Nergui, the other Priestesses, those that he knew, but they were all just allies together.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:25 pm
And... She almost felt like laughing. Soren was not stupid, at least he'd never struck her as a fool, and yet his answer was perhaps, the most logical, practical thing she could have been given. Yet it was so far from the sort of answer she needed it was laughable, painful even. Soren, you might not be a fool, but you were thick, and had with the most blunt of answers had made her all the more nervous.

"No." She shifted, breathing slowly. "Soren I did not mean... Soren. I am asking about your intentions towards me as Lan, not as a fellow clanswoman. You-" The words had begun and now she felt a loss of control with them, "-you have been kind to me, without asking for anything in return, you paid me compliments, and then when you fell ill and-" She looked away. She was a fool for this, all her pride mixing with her shame. "We are allies, yet I am confused at why you treat me the way you do." Fingers bunched up in her dress. To ask so openly, she'd no doubt chosen her words poorly.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:12 pm
Towards her? He stared at her for a moment, waiting for her to explain herself. And when she did...

In another time, in another place, and if she had been more mature, he might have had intentions for her. With inquiries like these he might have showed her his intentions right there on the forest floor. But it was not that time, it was here, and now, and she was confusing his respect for a horsewoman that had strength and a similar taste in revenge with special attentions.

But at the same time, she seemed nervous, and she was a horsewoman that he knew. He could not just laugh at how she had taken his actions so very wrongly. For her to come and ask him...it probably had taken a lot for that. For that, and their friendship if that was what they had, she deserved some tact. Not that he had much of it.

And for the first time since the fall of the isles, he was being forced to consider, albeit briefly, the very idea of a relationship. After Astridr...he still felt hollow from that loss. He refused to let it effect his work, his duties. He had mourned openly for her, but even now small things would remind him of her and set him off again. He was not over her, he did not want to be over her, and the idea of being with another mare yet was not one he had contemplated.

He did choose his words, though to someone from Conquest, trained in the art of speaking correctly or whatever it was that they did, it may have been overly blunt. "A Death Guardian has no special intentions for a Conquest filly of your rank, who at her age doubtlessly has duties toward her Clan." There were barriers in those words. Division of clans, the referring to her as a filly rather than a noble, bringing up her age yet again, duties.

If she looked at him again one hand had drifted to his chest, toying with a ring on a simple chain around his neck. It was an unmistakable sort of ring, the way that there were two types of metal, twining around each other, masculine but still with a soft edge...the sort of ring that a stallion would only have because of a mare. Something that he was refusing to set aside. If she wanted a personal reason for his response, she could find it in that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:35 pm
They were blunt, but for them, for her, they were needed. She didn't want doubts, she wanted an answer. It was not an answer she might have hoped for in a way, but- it was better like this. It had to be, right? Her hands shook slightly, horrible feelings welling up. Shame, embarrassment, anger, guilt, sadness, terror, fear, happiness.

The strangest feeling to have after so open a rejection.

"You're terrible in a great many ways you know that?" She didn't look up at him, her gaze on her hands, trying to stop them from their shaking, the ways they dug into the silks. "You're terrible because you lack manners and any form of decorum. You don't bother minding what your actions might be seen as, nor, do you mind how heavy your words might bare. You don't speak often Soren, and when you do it seems you speak without a filter. You speak honestly and openly, something that quite frankly, is rare in my clan. Especially in those of my rank. We're trained to not believe words, to take a compliment at face value in public, to break apart it's meaning later. Acts of kindness come with a price, you do everything to rise above others. So what do you do when someone is kind and asks for nothing? Time and time and time again?" She looked at his necklace the symbols that bound him further than his blood and fear ever might have.

"I am sorry." She couldn't help it as her next breath came, her whole body shaking as she let it out. "I am so, so sorry." An apology, something she so rarely gave. "I have placed my feelings like this upon you. I never wanted to feel this way. I never wanted to be this way. I have... I have-" She finally looked up at him, her face the edge of tears, or hurt, of wanted some way to say she was sorry further yet the word seeming useless. "Please, please tell no one this? I have shamed myself enough by misunderstanding you. If I might avoid further dishonor..." Even after everything, she would still cling to her pride. "Words cannot express my will for once. I don't know what to say aside from sorry, yet it seems such a plain word."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:24 pm
He was not entirely unsurprised at her reaction. He was surprised that she felt it necessary to elaborate, and as her words went on and on, about how by just being himself, being nice to someone he genuinely liked, he was an absolutely terrible person. He felt his body stiffen, jaw setting. What did she expect of him? Of course he was not from Conquest, anyone who could have mistaken him for someone that was was a fool. To be critiqued by her for that when she was the one looking in to every insignificant action that he took.

Her apology was well timed. It took away the edge of the anger, though he was still not pleased with what she had said. He listened to her, the words of a Conquest mare far above and beyond what he might use in a full conversation normally. She was young, inexperienced. He had seen fillies like this before, though not normally directed at him. How she had managed to take his actions for attentions, to work her own emotions into the mix and throw herself into confusion was beyond him. He knew what she was like under normal circumstances. Strong, fully of vengeance, desiring to make others fall before her. For her to admit shame, dishonor...it must have been hard for her.

He let himself think about it, knowing he would be keeping her waiting, but she could suffer in silence for a moment after springing all of this on him. Before he spoke he studied her face, noting the actual pain there. This was the folly of youth here. He would not be cruel in that light. "I'm myself, not Conquest." State the obvious. Make it clear she had misunderstood. She would not leave thinking she could read him like one of those prissy stallions her clan had.

"Nor do I gossip." There, he would put that to rest to. Her secret was safe with him, he wouldn't know how to bring it up to someone if he wanted to. He then let out a heavy sigh. "Misunderstandings aren't shameful. They happen. But accusing the other of doing it purposefully to avoid blame is what a foal would do. I won't apologize for something I didn't do, but I respect you and accept your apology." He was pretty sure he was getting the start of a headache. Mares and their complexities.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:02 pm
There was relief then- rage. Pure, uncompromising rage and grief. Misplaced to be sure, but every emotion was wound tight in her chest. Everything felt tight. Painful. Her face burned and she didn't know why. "Do not dare to call me a foal. A foal does not go to war, a child plays games, a foal does not think of their station, of how it has lost nearly all meaning, how the lair her family held for years is now lost to her. How the one person who clawed his way through his own family for her happiness is now dead; a foaldoesn't think to a thousand broken promises, a hundred of her people who she should have been able to protect are now gone, how she ordered her own people to their death as the islands fell, thinking that they might be able to save something, to save someone. Each death stains my hands Soren. Each death is my fault. I was supposed to lead them, and instead, I sent them to their doom."

Tears. Hot, burning tears were running down her face as she stood. The action was instinctive, fueled by pain, at herself, at him, at everything she'd lost and didn't know how to accept. Her bow was summoned but rather than shoot an arrow, she swung it at him, a weak blow, a blow brought on by grief. "I hate this. I hate how I can't stop myself from talking. I hate that you're right, that I'm acting childish. I hate the fact that I cannot control these feelings. You're a terrible, horrible horseman, yet I cannot help but admire you for it. For not being conquest and just being you. I hate being helpless, weak. I've been alive hundreds of years, and yet everything-" She felt like her chest was being crushed. "-I'm a fool. A fool for the vice of my clan. Of Pride. Everyone is suffering, and I don't know how to stop it. I'm supposed to lead for my people, protect them and heal them, yet I can't end my own pain. I'm a noble, born with ebony horns, with gold hair and eyes, signs of prosperity." The realization that she was crying, the ultimate betrayal of her body.

"What good is a noble who cannot even control her own tears?"  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:34 pm
He had not expected that chastising her would open up all of this. At first denial, but then...more. Things from before the isles fell, as the isles fell. He had not known all of this about her, and there was nothing he could have done if she had. Emotions...there was a reason he had not avoided his. He had not wanted the brunt of them to lurk beneath the surface, to spring out at him at an inconvenient time. Now, watching as she began to confess to feelings that she had doomed those that looked up to her, been responsible for the lives that were lost, he was reminded of why.

He did not move when she hit him, an attack of release, but nothing that put him in danger, and he could more than take the blow. Simply watching in silence as her emotions swept her along, accusing him and praising him in almost the same breath. She ranted about her clan, what it meant, betraying more about herself than maybe she meant.

He stayed seated, looking up at her, realizing that in the state she was in perhaps the feeling of being above someone would help her, and make him seem like less of a threat. She was too young for all of this really, for the weight that had been put on her shoulders and what they had had to survive through. "Only one person here is upset by your tears," he pointed out, his deep voice carrying easily as he looked at her. "We have spoke before of tears," he reminded her gently "at that time I recommended Trance. Did you never use it?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:43 pm
He didn't understand. She wanted to scream at him each tear was was a loss of control, a sign of weakness, something that could be used against her, would be used against her. Had he been conquest?

She would have felt the need to kill him, silence him to save herself from shame. But no, he was death, more then that he was Soren who had only treated her like everyone else.
More the fool was she.

"I'm scared." She clung to her golden bow, shaking. "I'm scared what it will show me. Of my failures. Of what I could have done. Should have done. I'm scared that I'll see his face and I won't know what I'll do." Every word a whisper. "I'm scared of what could have been."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:56 pm
Soren's eyes hardened slightly. "You say you are of Conquest?" He watched her, clinging to her bow, giving him excuses.

"Conquest hides in fear of what they might see? Too afraid to even try to move forward?" She would probably not like his words, but while he could put up with tears, grief, he would not put up with this sort of crying.  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff