Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Ligaya the Moon Hunter - accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:29 am
User ImageDEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter
Name: Ligaya Sison delos Santos
Nicknames: Joy, Lee, Happy/Haps
Category: Moon

The Weapon
Name: Kubyerto
Nicknames: Bert
Type of Weapon: Bladed Shovel aka The Lobotomizer; de-summoned form is a spoon
((image to the left is a pretty good idea/reference for the weapon's size in relation to her body))
Former species of weapon: Reaper - Sorcerer (Ginosaji)

Personalities:
Joy is friendly and sociable and as comfortable in a group as she is alone. She doesn't have any boundary issues, at least none that she knows of. She can be affectionate if the other party is willing but she will keep her hands to herself if asked to. Granted her means of discovering which person falls under which category is through trial and error, usually by a hug or slinging an arm over a shoulder. She doesn't have issues if the other person is feeling particularly touchy-feely and if it borders on being felt up, well, she might not think twice about introducing her elbow to that person's face.

Her choice of words tend to be vulgar and crass, which in the past has her ending up in fights. It would explain why despite not being outright violent, Joy isn't one to settle disputes with words or conversations. Somehow, things just end up in a fight and if it's over a really serious matter, she might as well cut out the back-and-forth part.

Delicacy and subtlety are concepts that Joy has knowledge of but no ability to actually put into practice. Not to say that she doesn't try, but her inability to sit still or be idle for too long makes it near impossible for her. She prefers to keep busy, be it doing the cleaning chores, tinkering with her bicycle, practicing new and old stunts, exercising, or even organizing things. She just needs to be doing something otherwise she gets bored and her mind wanders. Reading books is a compromise for Joy, she can read a few chapters at a time and unless it's a gripping story rather than a technical manual (that doesn't involve tricking out her bicycle) she has to put it down and go move her body. Waiting game types of activities will be a challenge for her, most definitely.

As an adrenaline junkie, Joy's not afraid to throw herself headfirst into things. Impulsive and excitable, she would love to be the first to jump into the fray and has no issues with being the last one out. Pain isn't a deterrent for her, it's something of a "reward" actually. She likes it, loves the agony it puts her through, even. She has her reasons for this unflinching opinion on pain but because of this, she tends to push herself to her limits without any regard to her own health. "No pain, no gain" taken to the extreme.

"Sagutin mo lang ako, aking sinta'y walang humpay na Ligaya..."

------------

"..."
Bert is a weapon of little words. He responds mostly in monosyllabic words or sounds ranging from grunts, to snorts, to chuckles, to growls. He sounds gruff and appears to be uncaring of Joy's problems inasmuch as giving sympathy is concerned. He's more likely to offer solutions or suggestions in getting the problem fixed as well as keeping Joy on track. He may not be very tactful but Bert doesn't actively cut down his partner. If he's asked for his opinion or thoughts on things that aren't battle-related, Bert tends to give Joy the silent treatment.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
Like all Hunters, Joy has always been capable of seeing the shadows. However, growing up in a fairly superstitious family and having parents who believed and practiced local folklore caused her to think the creatures were kept at bay and weren't much of a threat. As an adrenaline junkie, she's more focused on what she can do to get the next big thrill/rush on her BMX. There aren't many places or parks to ride her bicycle in and the streets of her neighborhood didn't offer much (plus, their barangay tanod would b***h her out whenever he caught her). So she and her friends are forced to look elsewhere.

During one of her many searches, she ends up in an abandoned warehouse, one with enough forgotten junk to use as a makeshift course. She sent text messages to her friends about the place but rather than waiting for them to arrive, she goes in alone. Unfortunately, it's a case of "wrong place at the wrong time" because a shadow claimed that particular warehouse as its territory.

She never sees it coming, only feels something tear at her sides and fling her around like some rag doll. Lying on the ground, bleeding, light-headed, and at the brink of death, she finally sees the creature. She never blinks, never looks away from the incoming death-blow. Then there's a metallic clang and all she sees is the vision of a moon against a white sky. There's a flash of light and when her blurry sight clears, Joy makes out a woman with dark hair wearing a white coat bending over to apply bandages to her wound.

Just before she falls unconscious, she hears someone call out "Ceres" and the woman patching her up turns to respond.

When Joy wakes up, she's in the hospital and is told her friends called for help but that when they found her someone else already applied first aid. Ever since then, Joy sees the shadows differently and treats them with more suspicion and anger. She wants to find and thank Ceres for saving her. But Joy knows that the warehouse was one epic rush and she'd do it again in a heartbeat. Only this time, she wants to show the shadows a thing or two. (Don't ******** with my stunts, you ******** a**-wipe.)

Weapon Ability Again and Again and Again ; Swift Strikes
Joy uses Berto to bash things again and again and again and again.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Dark brown
Hair Colour/Style: Very dark brown, almost black cut in a simple bob
Skin Colour: somewhere between III and IV
Clothing Style/Colours: She's very influenced by the Spice Girls' fashion (don't judge) in the following order: Baby Spice, Scary Spice, Posh Spice, and Sporty Spice. (Joy never really understood Ginger Spice's fashion other than "red hair?")
Extra:
Joy is 5"6 and has a lot of scars, ranging from deep gashes on her thighs to fading stitches on her arm due to failing to nail a trick, or wide scars from scraped shins, knees, palms etc after falling off her BMX. She could have a chipped tooth or a crooked nose, Joy's not that concerned about looking like your "traditional" beauty (even if she adores the traditional feminine aesthetics for her clothes). Her body's toned and while not quite "buff", her muscles are more defined than average. Except her legs, which would be because she's a cyclist.
References: [x]; [x], [x]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:43 pm
Sup Huni~ DELAYED CRIT /7kings slow

So firstly the big things that come out at me are the fact that she's 17 and has a shovel for a weapon. Neither are allowed I'm afraid, so you'll have to change it. D: Her history has no ages so I don't know if her mother died when she was a child or as a young adult. History it's just a matter of putting some detail/elaboration to create a clearer timeline.

Personality just needs fleshing out as quotes don't tell me anything about her personality except for very very vague things. Other than that is fine~  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:38 am
iStoleYurVamps
Sup Huni~ DELAYED CRIT /7kings slow

So firstly the big things that come out at me are the fact that she's 17 and has a shovel for a weapon. Neither are allowed I'm afraid, so you'll have to change it. D: Her history has no ages so I don't know if her mother died when she was a child or as a young adult. History it's just a matter of putting some detail/elaboration to create a clearer timeline.

Personality just needs fleshing out as quotes don't tell me anything about her personality except for very very vague things. Other than that is fine~

I just saw this now /fail

I also probably should have edited U/C into Joy's title thread sooner as she, uh, is undergoing some revamp in the personality department. And by some I mean a metric-tonne.

Also, for the weapon, I actually got Zoo and liz's okay for it. Again, uh should have edited this info sooner... sweatdrop Thanks for the comment on the history and age part though smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 pm
Okay, took Vamps' comments and updated a lot of stuff @ 3@  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:23 am
re-hash with queen crit~

LOADSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS better than what I recall.
I had to ask lil if her past ceres was the same ceres as her ceres-got confirm and the like~!

Approval pert- The only thing here is her having 0 ability to see shadows until the 'attack' (usually hunters show a very small/mild awareness of FEAR creatures even if unaware of it), and I have 0 idea about her history in what she did/what you mean by stunts/her bike/etc. A lack of context is just the issue here other then that looks good.

Huni Pi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:20 pm
She dreamt of Wonderland.
Then woke as a Puppet.
The strings were severed but freedom comes at a price.  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:05 am
"I used to waste my time dreaming of being alive."

As ALICE slowly fades from sight, the AI becomes less and less tangible with each pulse of Joy's slowing heartbeat, until only a faint outline lingered. The color gradually leaches out of Wonderland, the brilliant, vibrant dreamscape draining into gray ink-wash.

"And this is the part where I really wake up, right?" Joy asks, arms folded across her chest expectantly.

The AI doesn't answer or maybe she does but Joy is too far away to hear. She marches up to ALICE, hands balled into fists, ready and willing to beat answers out of the AI if necessary. But when Joy makes to grab the apron, she grasps only air.

"The ********> she gasps in frustration as the last traces of ALICE and Wonderland disappear into nothingness, leaving Joy in the dark. There is no sound, no wind, no up, no down, and though she recalls being in the same void, this time there is no flight.

Joy slumps to her knees, grateful for the sensation of pain upon impact, though there is no visible floor she can still feel cold steel against her fingertips. But are her fingers really brushing against something or is she simply wishing she can feel cold steel?

ALICE has gone, hasn't she? Joy's awake now, isn't she? The darkness enveloping her proves otherwise and she can't help but wonder if she ever woke up at all. Maybe she's still asleep, or in a coma or some s**t like that.

Maybe like Wonderland, it was all a dream only she didn't know it was until she severed the strings. Maybe everything she remembered, everything she learned, everyone she met up until that point wasn't real. Maybe it was all something she came up with in hopes of making it feel like she was still human and still alive.

I will find you.

Maybe that's why she met Davey. Or did she? Was he real? Or did she just dream him up as well? Was the monster kid Tea real as well? Did she just make up the whole waking up in some super secret facility? Did she come up with this whole being a potential Hunter, meeting Ceres, and getting chased by zombies (thanks so much for that, Zach) because she was so bored and was desperate for something even remotely exciting no matter how unlikely?

Joy pulls herself off her knees and into a squat, resting on her heels with her arms wrapped protectively around herself. She closes her eyes in deep contemplation, pondering on the possibility that everything up until this moment was all in her head and a product of her imagination.

she declares, knowing with every fiber of her being that she was never that creative. It can be challenged that it's all one big cliche after another, but Joy's always been a woman of action and not that heavy a thinker about the more philosophical aspects of her life. She may not know Occam's razor isn't a direct competitor of Gillette, but it doesn't preclude her from making use of it.

She leans back, stretching out until she's lying flat and staring up at nothing but the darkness. It takes her a moment to realize she never opened her eyes and laughs, "You found me once before, Cap'n, I'm sure you'll find me again."

With more confidence and a wide, ear-to-ear grin, she adds in playful warning, "If you take too long, I'll find you myself."

"Now I only waste it dreaming of you."

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Never not JoJo's Bizarre Adventure AU stuff.  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:40 pm
Amazing fashions by the supremely talented Bitti (she's open for commissions at the time this is posted)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:57 am

Joy says "Hi"
Page-stretching says: IDGAF  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:31 pm
IDK I NEVER NOTICED UNTIL NOW BUT-
'Ginosaji' is unfortunately a species you can't reliably have as a weapon. The 'myth' comes from a mock horror comedy, a 'recent' one, with only a minor internet following. It's along the lines of a cosplay species as well. That having been said, a sorcerer is its own species so the ginosaji portion can just as easily be removed w/ no draw backs~!

The rule at former wielders for new hunters is that all weapons/characters now is that they wouldn't have had prior wielders, as the weapons are too new to have had them.

only approval things other than that looks good!

Huni Pi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:10 am
Done  

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:12 am
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

huni pi

weapon is fine ~
former wielder: you got approved for that plot years ago by me,
type: its pmuch similar to slenderman thing @ internet inception

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out