Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:55 am
User Image

Eione was not terribly close to the adults in Nyesha's family but she was familiar with the cubs and thought of her late friend often so when she heard from an apothecary that one of the boys was feeling under the weather she was eager to stop by and see what was going on. She had with her a few herbs that were safe for cubs in case they were needed but mostly she was hoping to find it was something simple. Nyesha had become sick early and it had progressed very quickly, it didn't leave anybody's mind when they thought of her sons. Whatever made her so vulnerable to it might well have passed on to them.

Maybe this wasn't that, though. Eione was still relatively new to being a fully trained and independent healer but she was confident. Cubs could be tricky to figure out, she had to keep that in mind through whatever impulse she felt to overdo it from personal bias.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:07 am
Kua's little frame shook as he curled into an old zebra skin, feeling a little bit chilled. He knew that he was sick, but he didn't really understand how sick he was. He always felt a little weak, tired, and overall achy. It was his normal. He didn't really know what it felt like to be healthy.

His nose twitched as it caught an unfamiliar scent, and he sneezed. Bright golden eyes widened as he looked around to see just where that smell had come from. It wasn't a brother, and it wasn't either of his grandmothers....

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:15 am
Eione peeked into the den where Kua was hidden away, moving carefully so she didn't frighten him- but it was obvious he could tell she was coming when she walked in, he was alert and curious. Both were good signs. She couldn't help but take a moment to appreciate how big he was compared to the last time she had stopped by, she had to stop being so shy.

"Hello there, Kua," she said, "It's been a while since I've seen you! I heard you're not feeling very well."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:31 am
His eyes focused on the lioness before him. She looked familiar, but there were times that he had a hard time focusing and everything had been a blur. Her colours and coat patterns were a little familiar to him, so he relaxed.

"Yeah..." he weakly said, curling his tail around his body as best he could. It didn't feel that much worse than normal, though. "You came to...check on me?"

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:35 am
She moved in closer so they could talk easier and she could get a better look at him, picking up her herbs before setting them down once again by her feet once she was in a comfortable spot.

"I did come to check on you, I'm a healer now and thought maybe I could find a way to help you feel a little better," she explained, sitting down and smiling at him, "Do you remember my name?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:48 am
Kua watched carefully as she approached him, and watched her as she worked. She seemed nice enough, and it make Kua feel a little lonely, if only because he was in here alone at the moment. He didn't really feel that absense of a mother or a father, since he had his grandmothers to raise him, and his brothers to keep him company. It was just...different to have someone here who wanted to be here.

"No," he said as he shook his head. It made him a bit dizzy, and he took a moment to even himself out again. "I...wanna feel better though..."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:00 pm
Eione watched him very carefully as he shook his head and took a moment to recover, it reminded her a lot of Nyesha. The look on his face was a lot like his mother but it was also similar to how she had first met Nyesha, too. Dizziness was the first symptom that Eione could remember her having.

"My name is Eione," she said finally, offering him a reassuring smile, "Can you tell me what's wrong? Are you dizzy? Does your head or belly hurt?"

Are you too hot, too cold or both? Tired or achy? Do you have a cough or trouble breathing? There were plenty of things she could ask but she didn't want to give him answers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 pm
"I just....got dizzy when shaking my head..." he said with a bit of exhasperation in his voice. He sort of assumed that she just knew, like how some healers just seemed to know these things. It was hard for him to understand that she might be new at this sort of thing.

"No. I'm tiiiired," he said when he started to feel more centered again, his little form nestled comfortably against the pathetic zebra skin. It wasn't in the best of shape, and Kua depended on it a lot to feel better.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:20 pm
She nodded when he confirmed her suspicion about the dizziness, holding back a frown only because he was so pitifully adorable. She watched him get settled back against his zebra skin, her mind going back and forth on just how bad this was right now. He was sick and it was alarming to know he was showing such obvious signs so young but there wasn't anything she knew to slow it down and so long as he could rest, he was in pretty good shape for his ailing right now. She needed more experience with cubs to know from looking at him if the dizziness and fatigue were really his only problems or if they were the only ones he was vocalizing. So she stayed quiet for a few minutes.

"Hmmm," she said.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:54 pm
Kua didn't really understand why she was just standing there staring at him, but he didn't really feel like whining about it. She was a healer...so maybe she was going to try to get him to feel better? The only thing he wished for was that he had more energy to go out and play. He sort of understood what playing with others was like, but he had never been very strong, and tired much too quickly to be of any fun with the other kitlings.

"Naps are ok...right?" he asked, hoping he wasn't making it worse by sleeping all the time.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 pm
"Napping is very good," she said, smiling at him when he broke the silence, "You have to make sure that you get up and get some sunshine, food and water, though."

Eione had no doubt his family was very good at making sure he didn't waste away now just because he didn't feel like being out and about much. Reinforcing the idea seemed wise, though.

"Tell you what I'm going to do, Kua," she said, standing up and shaking the dust off of her, "I'm going to make something to help make you feel better, I bet your uncle Amani will even help me. When he comes home later today, I'll make sure he has it with him, OK?"

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games