Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]
[PRP] Well this is awkward (Kelello x Aya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spottedleef

Shirtless Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:34 am
SilverLutz

Kelello tasted the air: the smell of newborn puppies. Her puppies. She recognized Iti, Chiyo, Pipello, and whatever Kutu had named the rest. They all nudged and wriggled around, searching for her milk. But Kelello had run dry from hunger and thirst, and all the sweet blissful feelings disappeared. Soon Kutu would come for them, he would save them... well... some. She looked into the distance, waiting for him, but he didn't come. Frantically, she grabbed a pup by its scruff and tried hauling it out of what she had made her bony shelter for the night, but the scent... the scent was different. She gently dropped the pup to examine it: it was indeed hers by scent, but not one she recognized. Not at all. What...?

Kelello woke with a start. What were the Gods trying to say now, plaguing her with these visions? What good was it to be a seer when she could not interpret these strange dreams?

And then, she saw him. Oh, no. Oh, no. Oh, no.

Kelello let out a wail of despair. What had she done?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 am
User Image

Sleep. Aya had never realized how lovely sleep could be. Sure, he had always enjoyed a good snooze, but after expending the energy he had, sleep was like a welcome warm den. Kelello had known what to do, thankfully, so all he needed to focus on was making her feel not so lonely. He had thought he had done a pretty good job of it, too! She had curled up next to him after they finished and they had fallen asleep together.

But now there seemed to be some kind of disturbance. Aya woke up groggily, his first instinct to run. Kelello was whining and he was sure there was a hyena there, ready to rip his throat from his neck. He looked around frantically, but no. There was no one else there. Just the whimpering female beside him. He watched her for a moment, not sure what to do, and finally leaned in to press his nose against her neck.

"Uh...what's the matter?" he asked, not sure how to ask. Had he really been that bad? Here he had thought he had done a rather good job!

spottedleef

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

spottedleef

Shirtless Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm
SilverLutz

Kelello ignored Aya, digging her head into her paws in shame.

"What have I done? What have I done?"

She was so ready to feel free, she forgot that she was still tied to a gruesome fate. Slavery was all she knew, and would ever know, and since being so ashamed of bringing pups into a world of oppression, she had been so clumsy and had done it again! Without even thinking of it!

"I know I will be with pups," cried Kelello in response, feeling the press of his nose against her neck. While it was soothing, she did not feel the camaraderie with Aya that she had felt with Kutu. Could she trust him? Would he stand by her? No, she couldn't ask that of him. She couldn't take another's freedom away with her... her foolishness. All to feel not so lonely.

"I am a seer," Kelello explained, sniffing. "And I... I have seen them." She lifted sad green eyes to meet Aya's. "It's okay, y'know, to go. It's okay. You don't have to be involved in this. Just, just go."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:18 am
Aya's ears stood straight up as Kelello spoke. She was a Seer? The surprises never ended with her, it seemed. And she would have puppies...oh no...that's what he had been afraid of. He glanced around the area and wondered what would happen to pups, if they'd be treated badly or if they'd be spared since they were young. Perhaps just Kelello would get in trouble, for laying with a rouge.

Her advice to leave made him want to get up and run, but she was in such a state that he couldn't just up and go. He whined quietly as he nuzzled her again, trying to comfort her just a bit. "I don't think my sister would approve of a bunch of pups following us around," he admitted quietly. "But...but if you take care of them and raise them up, and they want to leave to find me...as long as they can hunt and take care of themselves I don't think Mika would be mad. More help, right? So...so don't be upset. Okay?"

He had no idea if the words would help soothe her at all, but he did feel horribly. He should have said something before hand since this exact situation was one he had thought of. Oh dear... he just hoped the hyeans wouldn't try to hurt any of the pups.

spottedleef

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

spottedleef

Shirtless Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:15 pm
SilverLutz

Kelello's ears flicked toward Aya in the midst of her breakdown, and she listened quietly. Obviously, because of this sister of his, Aya wouldn't be willing to save the children the way Kutu had done. That was too much to ask, any way. She didn't really know him. How could she trust him with her pups? Kelello let out a deep sigh.

"I suppose that is the best plan," she relented. "May the Gods lead their paws."

She was still a mess, that was certain. She looked to the ground, digging little holes with her paws to alleviate the stress. Even though he was a stranger, he was the best bet to getting her pups out of this catastrophe of a life.

Kelello looked up at him sharply. "So you take no responsibility as their father? Have you ever fathered any pups at all?" She asked desperately. Certainly he had some sort of paternal instinct in him?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:00 pm
Aya nodded very slightly, the tip of his tail wagging just a bit. She had stopped whimpering so maybe his idea had helped her calm down a bit. The thought of young adults that looked a bit like him coming to find him in a year or so made him really excited. He could show them all about being a rouge! That could be fun. And they could meet Mika, and maybe if they were grown up enough she wouldn't mind showing them how to be great, smart hunters.

The sharp words made him lower his head in surprise, ears flattening against his head. "Wha...no, I...I never have before. I told you I've never done anything like this," he whimpered weakly, feeling like he had messed up. "I feel bad that you have to deal with pups now but...but I mean that...you won't be lonely anymore, right? And if you raise them then they'll be smart and quick and nice like you and they could get away. There's lots of nice packs out there they can join."

He kept his head low, not wanting to pose a threat to Kelello. He didn't want to make her feel worse, but words were just tumbling out of his mouth now as he tried to apologize.

spottedleef

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

spottedleef

Shirtless Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:12 pm
SilverLutz

Won't be lonely anymore? At what expense? Kelello seethed. For a brief moment, she couldn't believe her ears. It seemed like this Aya fellow was a slave himself, to his sister and her ideals. Did Aya even think this through? Won't be lonely anymore?

But as she watched his physiognomy change, Kelello realized he was just as innocent as a pup. He didn't know what he was doing. He didn't know the life she led. In truth, she was far older than her birth age. He was still stuck in the blissful life of puppyhood, as far as she was concerned. And how could she blame him?

"Yes," she said slowly, "Packs they will join." She wanted to appease Aya, but in truth, where would they really go? No slave had ever escaped the Graveyard, but her infant pups.

She looked from side to side suddenly, realizing the danger they were both in. How dumb, she thought, that she had let her guard down. Any passing hyena... "You should really go," whimpered Kelello. "Maybe one day we will meet again."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:41 pm
Aya's tail wagged a bit as Kelello agreed with him and he slowly lifted his head. There...maybe she wasn't mad now. He glanced around as she did, though, realizing that he should probably leave. He had been here for quite some time, and even if the hyenas never noticed he was here, his sister would certainly have something to say to him about being so late.

"Right...I should," he said quietly as he stood. He paused for a moment, though, and glanced down at the smaller wild dog. The bones on her neck looked so painful, he wanted to just bite them off and tell her to come with him...surely she could lead a better life out there...if only her adult children weren't in the pack.

"Maybe. I...I'll come back and visit if I'm in the area," he promised, pressing his nose against Kelello's neck. "And...and maybe I'll see them!" It made his chest ache to think that he was going to have kids that he might not see, but he knew it was best if he left.

spottedleef

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

spottedleef

Shirtless Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:00 pm
SilverLutz

"Yes, maybe you will see them," Kelello agreed, pressing her head back against his.

It was the first time she had showed any true affection towards the larger wild dog. His intentions were good; that was what mattered. Of course, now she was stuck with a huge problem... but she would let him go. He needn't be burdened by guilt. After all, she been had been the one to seduce him.

The likelihood was, he would never see them. He would never step foot in this graveyard again, less he be made a slave. It was time for him to leave.

Kelello's tail waged a few times as she touched noses with Aya. "Thank you... thank you for not making me so lonely."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 pm
Aya's fur fluffed a bit as Kelello pressed her nose against his, and he felt his face flush under his protective pelt. Good thing blushes didn't translate to fur. He backed up a bit and bobbed his head, holding it lower for a few moments.

"You're welcome. And I hope the puppies are healthy and keep your company too. And...and you can tell them about me if you want. And if not that's okay too." He whined quietly before shaking his head. No, it was better this way. Kelello would have company and Mika wouldn't be mad at him. Maybe he'd see his kids some day, if they ever went to find him.

"Good luck!" he added as he stood tall once again. "And...and maybe see you!" He lifted his head a bit higher as he caught the scent of someone new. He wasn't sure if it was another slave or a hyena, so with a flick of his tail he turned and ran. He didn't stop until he was out of the graveyard and then some, not wanting to be followed and caught. Freedom was nice, after all. That and Mika would probably beat him up if she had to rescue him.

spottedleef
Last post from me! I'll keep working to get his RP quota filled. He needs two more, and he's currently in two that are just about done. I'll let you know when he's ready to go! Should be all set for November.

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Mava'Bunda Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces