[I/T] The Seer Sanctuary - Open!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm
A sort-of-pride-but-not concept, presented to you by Kaelyndra and Hopefolly. This is in the planning stages, so all information is likely to change immediately after posting, tomorrow, a week from now, or the very day we die of old age. Suggestions, ideas, and pre-pride member offers are encouraged. Nothing is safe. If it's set in stone, we can smash the crap out of it until it isn't.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 pm
General

They're your sisters and brothers. Your cousins. Your parents. Your friends. They appear at times unexpectedly, at times predictably. They are native to every pride, every bloodline. They are the seers, and until now, there has been no refuge for them. For those whose powers spiral out of control, or simply frighten them, where do they turn?

Talk of the Sanctuary, like the Sanctuary itself, seems to come from nowhere. In passing, you hear rogues speaking of a place where seers gather to hone their skills under the watchful eyes of ones blessed to already have control over their abilities.

The Sanctuary is not a pride per se. The caretakers and mentors found there serve as help for those of any species, gender, religion, and ancestry. Mortal enemies from polar opposite prides could find one another at the Sanctuary. Gods may discard their half-breed children there.

Upon entering, past sins are forgiven. The Sanctuary cares not for who you are, but what you are, and perhaps more importantly, what you might become. Those tending to the residents are under a sworn oath to aid any who ask to the best of their ability, though it is always reinforced that these gifts are to be used for good or not at all.

Generally, residents of the Sanctuary are anticipated to be temporary unless they are a mentor or a guide -- the lions and lionesses, who very well may not be seers, in charge of leading new students to the pride and those that have graduated back home, all the while maintaining the utmost secrecy in regards to location. Visitors are blindfolded on their journey to ensure this.

The Sanctuary is a peaceful place, but be warned: those that have allied to protect them are all of the Gods, and many are wrathful when their patience is tried.

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 pm
Ranks

Most every rank in the Sanctuary has limited availability, including students. The Sanctuary tries to take only two students per mentor. While it might seem smart to take in as many mentors as possible, the Sanctuary is very much aware of the violence lions (and other predators) are capable of against one another. The more predators visiting / living in the Sanctuary, the more mouths to feed. The more hunters they need to send out, the more the Sanctuary risks being discovered, even with the Gods having done very well to conceal them.

Overseer (1/1): The Overseer is as close to a king or queen as you'll find in the Sanctuary. They have final say on all matters if need be, but at a cost. Not only must the Overseer have proven themselves responsible, fair-minded, and calm, but they may not take a mate (or must break ties with their mate for the duration of their leadership) or have children (any offspring prior to being elected must be adults). "Flings" are an absolute no-no.

---

Council (2/4): The first council members are also the founders of the Sanctuary. They are not to be mistaken as mere advisers to the Overseer. Their opinions are just as important, and if anything, the Overseer works for them as a tiebreaker when they have equal but opposing votes. Council members have a little more variety to their personality than an Overseer. It is still vital they have the best interest of the Sanctuary in mind.

---

Mentor (0/4): Mentors are the teachers of the pride. While council members likely hold this as a secondary rank, mentors are exclusively there to instruct the students. They tend to know their pupils on a personal level and command a respect all their own. They are directed to particular students by the council.

---

Guide (0/2): Guides are those that are sent out to retrieve new students and, upon said students graduating, lead them back out. Their job is usually not that difficult, with the most troublesome task being convincing a newcomer to wear their blindfold. Yet there are times guides must brave unsafe terrain to secure a student. Guides are not usually seers.

---

Scout (0/2): Like Guides, the Sanctuary's Scouts know the location of the pride, but their job is only to find potential students. Scouts often spend more time in the Rogue Lands than at the Sanctuary, keeping "in the know" about gossip and watching for seers in distress. They may or may not be seers themselves.

---

Students (0/10): Students are those who have come to the Sanctuary to learn to control or improve their powers. They are rotated out of the pride when they graduate.

---

Hunter: Pretty much what it sounds like. Hunters are sent out to bring back food for the pride. It is likely cubs born into the Sanctuary with a desire to stay but no seer powers to speak of will opt to become hunters. Hunters are taken out of the pride the same manner as graduated students by either council members, guides, scouts, or off-duty waypoints. They meet on-duty waypoints after a successful hunts and are then led back inside (again blindfolded).

---

Waypoints (0/6) Waypoints might be considered guards elsewhere because most places wouldn't know what to make of them. They sit, two at a time, between the mountains that lead to the Sanctuary and the Rogue Lands, waiting for the hunters to return. When they do, one waypoint follows to the kill (unless it's small enough to be carried, like a hare), and the other hurries back to the pride to find a guide, scout, council member, or off-duty waypoint to help assist a hunter(s) in returning.

There are three sets of waypoints: night, day, and an alternating pair for when any member of the first two cannot fulfill their duties for any given reason.

---

Caretaker: Technically, everyone who stays at the Sanctuary helps with its care, but Caretaker is the merciful rank of permanent residents who are seen as lost causes. For whatever reason, they have no hope of controlling their powers and function with varying degrees of success. They are given time-consuming chores to keep busy.

---

Youth: The default rank for cubs and juveniles in the pride.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:29 pm
All This Stuff

Beliefs

The beliefs of those in the Sanctuary will be far and wide. They are first and foremost there to be a neutral place for seers to learn; therefore, the Sanctuary itself does not affiliate with any one belief system (though, given their interaction with multiple Gods, they may stare blankly at atheists).

The Gods of the Sanctuary

The Gods that are guardians of the Sanctuary are not a constant presence, but they are allies none the less, keeping an eye on things and ready to strike at a moment's notice. These Gods, nor any Gods, are worshiped by the Sanctuary as a whole. They are appreciated and properly thanked, though.

Ukali, God of Strength - Ukali helped carve the mountains around the pride, both to hide them, and to create "rooms" in which students can call their own. (Owned by Daimyn. Permission given.)

God of Plants - Strange though it may be, no one in the Sanctuary knows the name of this God. Despite that, he has been of great help working along side Ukali to help hide the Sanctuary. He is credited for much of the beautiful plant life in the valley beyond the mountain. (Owned by Pukio. Permission given.)

Mwokoti, Goddess of the Lost - Mwokoti is the deity the pride sees the most of, and the one whose powers are most commonly put to use after the initial set up. She can be called upon by a guide or scout that loses their way. Because she travels so often (not always by choice), she is able to spread the word of the Sanctuary.

Breeding:

Breedings are less common than nearly any other pride, if only because they are less of a pride and more of a cause (or so the Overseer likes to say). Most residents are temporary, and shall we say distracted. If they didn't have a problem, they wouldn't be here.

Still, there is no stigma preventing those in the Sanctuary from rearing cubs except in the case of the Overseer. Mentors may bond closely to students. Waypoints spend most of their time together. It is unrealistic to expect nothing to come of that.

As expected, the Sanctuary does not practice any martial customs, birthing traditions, or naming rituals officially.

Rules

The Sanctuary has few rules, but they are important.

1. No physical confrontation.
2. Those who know of the prides location (Overseer, council, guides, scouts, waypoints) must absolutely keep it a secret, even from the mentors and students.

OOC: Keep in mind there is a good chance, in the future, a fight will break out or someone will slip up (either intentionally or not) and reveal the location of the Sanctuary. The pride will address these issues as they come.

Hybrids and Non-lions

Hybrids are treated the same as any cheetah or leopard, who would be treated the same as any lion or lioness. Individual students may not all share in this warm welcome.

Familiars

Familiars of all kinds are welcomed in the pride, but students are warned they may be placing them in unnecessary danger given the differing opinions of residents about whether or not prey should ever serve as a companion.

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 pm
I have a post.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 pm
There are many like it, but this one is mine.  

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 pm
And done. ~  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:36 pm
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes.  

Rainhowl

Tipsy Prophet

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:41 am
This sounds a lot of fun. I also have a God who might be willing to linger around such a place, and with his abilties, can help maintain the physical appearance if Plant and Strength are not present.

I also have a seer who's powers can no longer be controlled. But I need to plot out what I want to do with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:38 pm
Ohohoho, fascinating.

Most of my seers are in prides, and one of the rogues is...uh...ahem...evil. I shall ponder if the other rogue might come here for training/character development, though!

And suddenly I remember my seer-Swampie who will be pilgriming soon, and could probably stop over during said pilgrimage. Maybe. Shall have to look into that!

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Hopefolly

Familiar Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:17 am
PhiferWolf
This sounds a lot of fun. I also have a God who might be willing to linger around such a place, and with his abilties, can help maintain the physical appearance if Plant and Strength are not present.

I also have a seer who's powers can no longer be controlled. But I need to plot out what I want to do with it.

Sounds great! Lemme know if you need any help plotting any of it.

Excited Apathy

Sounds good! =]  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces