Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Changing Your Mood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowedXHunted

Mega Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:20 am
Greetings. I am new to the guild.

My belief is Neo-Pagan;

I understand that there is some aura changing techniques and ways to block out other negative aura's.

Well I am new to it and want to know some helpful tips, hints, and ways other people do it so maybe I can become a better person.

The negative aura I am associated with most is sorrow. I want to find a way to make a strong spiritual shield against it, and a way to expel it from my body as well. I used to take showers to try and wash it off of me but it doesn't seem to be helping anymore...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:45 am
I'm kinda confused. The title is "Changing Your Mood" but you bring up auras and talk about emotions and...

I guess what I'm saying is, I really don't understand what exactly you're asking.

Why do you think working with auras will make you a better person?
Do you think auras and emotions are the same?
What do you think auras are?  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

ShadowedXHunted

Mega Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
I'm kinda confused. The title is "Changing Your Mood" but you bring up auras and talk about emotions and...

I guess what I'm saying is, I really don't understand what exactly you're asking.

Why do you think working with auras will make you a better person?
Do you think auras and emotions are the same?
What do you think auras are?

I probably should have used a better term. I am trying to cast out the energy within me that is sorrow.

I don't think aura and emotion are the same, no. I meant to say that I want to develop ways to use my psyche to rid myself of sorrow. Does that help?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 pm
Ok that does help. I'm one of the ones that is mundane before magical. And "casting out sorrow" is one of those things that has so many mundane ways of going about it. Find something that occupies your mind so you're not focusing on things that are negative. Go for a walk if you can. Read a book. Hobbies. Or even just talking to someone. IMO, doing the mundane for this type of thing is easier than the magical.

Now I don't know what all exactly you have done. I'm just going off of what you've said so I'm assuming the shower thing is the only thing you've tried.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:09 pm
ShadowedXHunted

I probably should have used a better term. I am trying to cast out the energy within me that is sorrow.

... I meant to say that I want to develop ways to use my psyche to rid myself of sorrow. Does that help?

I think maybe you should invest in some good cognitive behavioral therapy- that and, if you have Seasonal Affective Disorder, you could always get a sun-light, but that kind of thing is better discussed with a psychologist or someone.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:54 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Ok that does help. I'm one of the ones that is mundane before magical. And "casting out sorrow" is one of those things that has so many mundane ways of going about it. Find something that occupies your mind so you're not focusing on things that are negative. Go for a walk if you can. Read a book. Hobbies. Or even just talking to someone. IMO, doing the mundane for this type of thing is easier than the magical.

Now I don't know what all exactly you have done. I'm just going off of what you've said so I'm assuming the shower thing is the only thing you've tried.

Well I tried some other ways to channel and cast out energies. Sometimes it works but it is temporary and I already am in cognitive therapy so...

I have tried washing the energies away, at one point I used Bath Salts thinking I was cursed and that seemed to help turn my luck around a ton because I was just projecting the negativity onto myself.

Ontop of that I have discovered some other ways, like car drives, and river washes, ontop of breezes to cast off negative energy but I haven't been able to stick to it and I feel like my mind is too weak. Do you know what I am saying? I have been using Mundane methods if you look at my profile I do a lot of different hobbies but still... No luck.  

ShadowedXHunted

Mega Phantom

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:42 pm
ShadowedXHunted
at one point I used Bath Salts thinking I was cursed and that seemed to help turn my luck around a ton because I was just projecting the negativity onto myself.

This right here is why I was saying to do stuff to occupy your mind. The mind is a wonderful thing but can also be our own downfall.

All I can really say is to continue with the therapy. Not everything has a quick and easy solution. Energy work, magic, hell even heka need effort behind it to get it to work. But it can't be the only solution. Its like an enhancement.

Something you might also be able to do is to take a look at yourself. Think about what's going on that is "giving" you sorrow. Think about ways of getting rid of whatever it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 am
Thankyou for the advice I will try as you suggested.  

ShadowedXHunted

Mega Phantom

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 am
Understand that what is negative within us - either the things we dislike about ourselves, or the emotions and thoughts that are stimulated by that which is outside us - are as much part of the total 'Us' as the brighter stuff we like better.

Some of it you'll be able to throw off. Negativity and fear and sadness that comes from others can be removed. Stuff that comes from deeper inside, is more difficult - and at best, it's temporary. We all have our own shadow and it has its' own purpose. The idea is to accept that you have one, own your shadow and those emotions, and take the power back from it. You need to control it, and not the other way around. But it takes time...and confrontation, and courage, and ultimately understanding. It isn't something you do overnight.

From the sounds of it you're on the right track. Therapy can be very helpful for people grappling with their shadow selves. Finding calm and perhaps meditative activities will let some of the surface sadness flow off and give you a better frame of mind to work from. Working in or on these activities, and doing so consistently, will help you strengthen your mind. Keeping your mind clear is just as much mental muscle work as other things. You might also consider learning to center yourself, and ground. Instead of getting carried away with whatever you've got, you'll be able to stand firmer against it.

I would say those two skills - clear mind, and being able to center and ground - are vital to anyone who wants to undertake more serious energy work with things like their own energy centers, or their auric field. Over time, you may find that keeping a clear mind and staying centered and focus that not only will you feel less weak and out of whack, that you may begin discovering you have allies in the world around you were not able to perceive before. Those allies will be able to share their wisdom and aid you as you go through life.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 am
Thank you Morgandria, I think you are right.

Morgandria
Understand that what is negative within us - either the things we dislike about ourselves, or the emotions and thoughts that are stimulated by that which is outside us - are as much part of the total 'Us' as the brighter stuff we like better.

Some of it you'll be able to throw off. Negativity and fear and sadness that comes from others can be removed. Stuff that comes from deeper inside, is more difficult - and at best, it's temporary. We all have our own shadow and it has its' own purpose. The idea is to accept that you have one, own your shadow and those emotions, and take the power back from it. You need to control it, and not the other way around. But it takes time...and confrontation, and courage, and ultimately understanding. It isn't something you do overnight.

From the sounds of it you're on the right track. Therapy can be very helpful for people grappling with their shadow selves. Finding calm and perhaps meditative activities will let some of the surface sadness flow off and give you a better frame of mind to work from. Working in or on these activities, and doing so consistently, will help you strengthen your mind. Keeping your mind clear is just as much mental muscle work as other things. You might also consider learning to center yourself, and ground. Instead of getting carried away with whatever you've got, you'll be able to stand firmer against it.

I would say those two skills - clear mind, and being able to center and ground - are vital to anyone who wants to undertake more serious energy work with things like their own energy centers, or their auric field. Over time, you may find that keeping a clear mind and staying centered and focus that not only will you feel less weak and out of whack, that you may begin discovering you have allies in the world around you were not able to perceive before. Those allies will be able to share their wisdom and aid you as you go through life.

ShadowedXHunted

Mega Phantom

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces