<3
  </3
View Results

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:05 pm
[Miv-way-ko]

I'll go ahead and note this here. If you have any questions or concerns PM me or IM me if I'm on AIM at "nnrgh".

For this, I am going to be looking for a co-owner so if you're interested, you can contact me either here, PM me or catch me on AIM.
    There will be no IC-rank received though, as with some how the OOC leaders are the ruling pair since this pride is ruled, if you could even call it that, but one member.

IC Owners ; Uru (Quaji)
OOC Owners ; Quaji & ???

allowed species ; Anything, I mean anything. Any feline, familiar, canine or otherwise is allowed.
pride symbol ; Looking for someone for this.
pride cert background ; BG ACQUIRED~!
default rank ; Youth > Hunter/Huntress (depending on gender)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:11 pm
[ Our History ]

"We live in the northern part of the Wetu-Nyumba, Our Home as it is in our tongue. Or the Ngorongoro Crater as it is sometimes called. It is steep and densely forested but it is our home and we protect it as it protects us. We give thanks to the goddess of rain who saved us from our doom. That, children, is why our paws are dyed and tattooed, to give reverence to she who aided us in our darkest hour. Gather around and listen as I tell you the tale of our past."

This is being reworked at this point. In summary; a fire swept through the crater, leaving it bare. With the herds leaving with no grass to eat. They had been there generations and with young and elderly, they could not just simply move. Someone saved them somehow (who and how is still being decided) and the goddess of rain came to them, saving them, bringing a constant rain with her.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:14 pm
[ Our Futures ]

"Our pride is a simple one. We have never had a reason to need any defenses as the entire pride defends their home if called to do so. There are four ranks; the youth which is all of you, the hunters and the waterspeaker and their aqualytes who aid them in basically everything from tending the herbs and flowers around the Sacred Pool to even helping to shake dust off of the den furs. There is another rank, the aeons or the gods that live among us but it is a rank none of us are worthy of. Now as you know everyone aids in hunting, even the waterspeaker, just as everyone helps in taking care of the cubs. Just because there aren't many special ranks doesn't mean you can't specialize in something like healing or crafting. You're just expected to help feed the pride as wells. Haha, who knows, maybe I'm speaking to our next waterspeaker right now."

Aeon
    The aeons are any gods that dwell and live within the northern forests with the rest of the pride, or at least visit enough to be considered members. They are to be respected though Nyesha, the goddess of rain, is the most revered of all the current gods the pride has come in contact with.

Waterspeaker
    Waterspeakers are the closest thing the pride has to a leader. They are almost always a seer unless the individual in incredibly good at faking visions, but being a seer does not automatically qualify them for this role within the pride. They must also be wise enough to aid in leading the pride. Typically they are also the elderly, but this is not always the case. The rank is not inherited but rather earned by gaining the trust of everyone else within the pride. Most importantly they must pass a test made by the goddess of rain herself to obtain this role.

Aqualyte
    Aqualytes assist the current waterspeaker in everything they do, from overseeing any ceremony that occurs to event tending to the plants that blossom around the sacred spring where the waterspeaker lives. They act as the messengers for the waterspeaker as well as the healers among the pride. During hunts, they also join the hunting parties.

Hunter/Huntress
    Default adolescent and adult rank. The hunters provide food for the pride but this role is not the only one they can take. Hunters, while catching and returning prey is their main objective, can also pursue other careers such as crafting trinkets, making perfume, patrolling the borders in a pseudo-guard or scout fashion. Some even act as healers but do not want to be bound to help the waterspeaker at all times.

Youth
    The cubs and the juveniles of the pride are well looked after, not only by their parents but by the watchful eyes of the entire pride.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:18 pm
[ Our Beliefs ]

No eating fish & Hunting Laws
    "We give thanks to the water that saved and sustains us to this very day. The constant rain in our lands has allowed the forests and the plains below to become incredibly fertile which in turn attracted herds of prey beasts. They gorge themselves on the leafy grass and we in turn eat without worry. Do not be fooled though, we do not take more then we need to survive. We do not hunt the young, the pregnant or the nursing for it is cruel to end a life that has barely begun. In some similar ways, we, as an entire pride, do not devour the fish that live in the lakes, rivers, ponds and even the ocean in the great distance out of reverence for our goddess' mate; he who is the god of fish. To eat any, even in the most dire of situations, is a crime."

Rite of Passage
    "Your rite of passage. Ah yes, of course you want to know about it. Well where to start...I suppose the beginning is best. One you boys and girls start maturing and filling out in various places you'll be taken by the aqualytes to the Sacred Spring where the waterspeaker lives. Our dear waterspeaker will be expecting you. There you will stand before the spring and the waterspeaker will first explain what will happen. If you accept, they will dip their paw into the paw, wiping it onto your forehead. You are then led back to the pride where you receive your tattoos as we all have after becoming one with the water and showing our devotion to our goddess. Do you have to get the tattoos? Not at all, but you must show your devotion in other ways, just as wearing a necklace or bracelet in her honor. If you decline your rite, you will be led by the aqualytes to the border of the pride's lands and after some warm wishes, you will be left there. You can always return when ready or you can leave the pride and their way of life. But of course you can visit though."

The Tattoos
    "Words go here."

The Kipawa & Remembrance Festival
    "I'm sure you've noticed the small bags that lay scattered throughout our forests. They have a name and we call them the kipawa or gift. They are for Nyesha'Densi, the goddess of rain who blesses the lands with her eternal rain in thanks. Inside of them are gifts of varying sorts. Once a year on the anniversary of the day we were saved by our last royal family and when the prince became the first Waterspeaker, the entire pride employs the native vervet monkeys to help in tying the bundles closed with vines in exchange for the lions protection for the next moon as well as weekly fruit offerings. Of course you can offer them any time, it's just the one time that we all give a little bit of thanks to the one that keeps our lands so fertile."

Live and let love
    "Why you don't have to worry about this for quite a while but I suppose you should know something about how courting and mating works within our pride. Truth is; we don't really care. With our numbers so small, we strive to boost them of course but not at the sacrifice of love. Love who you will regardless of species without worry."

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:20 pm
[ Our Present ]

Aeons

Waterspeaker

Aqualytes

Hunters

Huntresses

Youth

Unknown

[size=15][b]The rain falls on me![/b][/size]
[size=11][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Image:[/b]
[b]Parents:[/b]
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]
[b]Everything Else:[/b]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:59 pm
An Ominous Voice
We are the swarm. We are coming.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:45 am
<3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:12 am
Oh derp, my bad. I forgot to put a section for the image in the form. Remedied that!  

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 am
The rain falls on me!
Name: Sethunya
Image: Here she is~
Parents: Kizuka x Ushaufu
Desired Rank: Aqualyte
Everything Else: No longer welcome in the Misties due to her coloration, Sethunya would have sought peace and solace somewhere that reminded her of home. And should Uru have accepted her, she would dotingly care for "Her Lady" with all of her heart. Seth is a seer, due to being the daughter of the God of Deception.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:40 pm
Accepted~

-nudges up-

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:20 am
I need someone to put in here!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:52 pm
-kicks butt- Need to get myself in gear and get that contest up. orz