Welcome to Gaia! ::

Halo 4

Back to Guilds

this is a guild for all your Halo 4 needs, we are a fun gaming community so join in. 

Tags: Halo, Spartan, Covenant, Gaming, Xbox 

Reply Halo 4
Disapointed in new direction of Halo

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zenwise

3,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:15 pm
Anyone else disappointed as much as I am by the new Halo series giving into the idiots and making it more like Call of Duty, or how the story is getting shorter and shorter, and less believable (Even for Sci-Fi) then ever before? crying  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 pm
this is just the start  

judas 666

Invisible Friend

El Basilisco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm
Oh come on, give it a chance. The CoD comparison is just an exaggeration. People usually base this off the fact that it has perks and killcams. But think about it, CoD is dependent on perks. In Halo 4 however, the perks are so subtle you could still do great without them.

It just bothers me that people say Halo is becoming CoD, but in reality, CoD copies from everyone (Seriously, killcams weren't their idea). Halo is just taking popular FPS elements in general and adding them into the game. I can honestly say that Halo 4 is the most well thought-out game in the franchise. 343 obviously tried their best.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:54 am
What El Basilisco said just contradicts himself. Saying Halo is taking popular FPS elements and saying CoD is just copying when CoD started most of these elements. Smh.

You can't say it's becoming more like CoD when all they did was add sprinting with the LS, which many players are happy about, added custom loadouts, which again, many players like because you don't have to deal with those pre-made loadouts with a weapon you might not like. Last but not least, ordnance. That was probably the best feature they added because now, people can't camp on power weapon spawns and pick them up every single time, you get an option on what you want out of the three. I've honestly gone for power ups and grenades more than the actual weapon drops because they can be so much more helpful.

The story did not get shorter. Yes, there are less missions, but the missions are longer than others. I don't like them though just because I've never liked Halo campaign because it's boring for me. Assassin's Creed has the only campaign/single player I enjoy because of free roam.

For your last statement, I can partially agree on that. The genesong was something just completely ******** retarded, and the Prometheans did get a little out of hand with what they can do, i.e. one hits, teleport, amount of health.

Overall, you are the first person I've met who thinks Halo 4 is a disappointment. Go to the Halo fan base and check everyone's opinions.

Sixty-Nine Percent

Savage Gaian

El Basilisco

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:52 pm
iAlex Rawr
What El Basilisco said just contradicts himself. Saying Halo is taking popular FPS elements and saying CoD is just copying when CoD started most of these elements. Smh.

But that's the thing, CoD didn't start those concepts. CoD and most other modern shooters in general are just the culmination of various elements from other genres and earlier FPSs. From classes to ranks, it's been done before. E.g. Battlefield, TF1, various RPGs, etc.

Edit: But if they DID start anything, I would credit them for the killstreak. It was very revolutionary tbh, but still, it's the only thing I can really come up with.

But other than that, I totally agree with you. Everything they did was to improve gameplay, not to be gimmicky. I don't get why most Halo fans are afraid of Halo becoming like CoD when we all know that it's never going to happen. It may adopt some elements from other genres, but it will always be the Halo we know and love.  
Halo 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games