Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[PRP] First Look at Freedom (Montague x Vassago)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 pm
User Image
Vassago lost Tam-Dad somewhere around the pride's boundaries. And he didn't particularly feel like looking for him. Maybe he'd already went into the pride, into the forest. Vassago shook his head. Well, one thing could be said about Tam, he wasn't much like Dad-uh Etihad. This was going to get confusing. And quick. Better not to think about that. Better to think about living in his new pride, Tam Lin's pride as a groundling. A little bit of freedom and fun. Sago smiled. No responsibility. Parties. Females. That's a life Sago would enjoy. Specifically since the crazy ones couldn't go after Etain, Haziel or Emiko. Much more freedom here in his new pride. Suka'Fumo was going to be a nice new adventure that he wasn't being cubnapped into.

Sago started into the forest. It drew him in, peaceful, but a deceitful peace. Something in the shadows, in the silence of the forest that made him excited. It would make a good home. Or homebase anyway. He'd have to find a den if Tam Lin didn't have any suggests where to settle down. And Sago wanted to find water. Echoing tinkling would probably sound like mischievous laughter and giggling far off in the forest.

Oh, yes. He had found a home. He had found his freedom. Sago felt blossom and bloom in him, the dormant piece of his soul. It was awake because of this forest. And he had just one desire.

"HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!" He shouted into the quiet waiting forest as a greeting. He was here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:58 am
Dame NightFury

User Image

The male was doing what he did best. Guarding. He was treading through the forest floor, looking for any sign of intruders. He did his job well, as he had known he was born to be lead such a life. His father was a Guard, and he definitely liked working so close to his dad. He was one of the greatest people in his life, and even as a small cub, he had always aspired to be just like him.

The forest was quiet, except for the crickets that chirped through the air. He loved the sound of crickets, for some reason it was very calming. Though he knew not to let his guard down. That could be the end of his life in certain situations he didn't quite care to think about.

Something hit his nose first, and he perked like a dog who had just taken in the scent and was ready to go on the hunt. And that was when the voice hit his ears, quite loudly, and he cringed. He wasn't far from the male, and know he had to talk to him. He was rather hoping to just run him out. Pity.

"Hello." He returned back, stepping out from the shadow of a tree. Darkness was also great for hiding, as his dark purple hues were perfect for blending.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 pm
For the split second between the sound of the disembodied voice answering Sago's greeting, and the appearance of the purple lion, Vassago thought that the forest might be haunted. Tam Lin had told him that the forest was home to the fairy folk and so it didn't seem that much of a stretch to believe that it also housed ghosts that would respond to a general greeting, even if he had only meant to say hello to the obvious freedom awaiting him within the darkness of the forest. So when the other lion appeared, Sago didn't know if he felt more disappointed with the lack of ghosts and fairies about or quite silly for believing in such things in the first place. After all, he had not believed or even heard of fairies back at L1 Colony. His mother had not been one for telling stories about such creatures when he wasn't cubnapped. And then his cubnappers had been too focused on the war and rebellion to really care about telling cubs stories at night.

Of course, there was still the possibility that the other lion was in fact an apparition. He blended into the forest and darkness so well that Vassago wasn't even sure if he was truly there. Not until he noticed the other lion was indeed breathing. "Oh. Well hello there."

Sago had a lot to figure out here at his new pride. Despite the freedom, or because of it, he looked forward to puzzling this out. Ghosts. Fairies. A distinct lack of duty. And females that wouldn't be able to harm his mother, sisters, or other family members. Sago did look forward to this free adventure. He just didn't know how to deal with this lion. Back at L1 Colony, Sago as a Duke would have nodded politely and continued on his way with a few polite words of greeting. But that may not be the right thing to do here. So what did he do? And why hadn't Tam Lin given him any hints?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Dame NightFury

The male before him wasn't as large as he was, and for that he was grateful. But he knew that even if he had been smaller, his training would have kept him from losing a fight to him. When it came to his pride, his home and future, he was very suspicious. He didn't want anyone with bad intentions coming in here and ruining things.

"What is your business here, rogue?" He asked, voice serious as he stood tall. He didn't slouch, or lose his posture. He was poised as someone who was of more importance than maybe he truly deserved.

"State your business quickly, please. I wouldn't want to have any issues here." His voice was firm, however it was far from mean. He wasn't a mean fellow, even if he was a bit nonnonsense in his ways.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:22 pm
Sago tilted his head to the side and smiled at the other lion. The other lion obviously meant business, but that didn't mean he wouldn't be himself. Fun loving, good-natured. "Not a rogue, friend. Duke, actually from the L1 Colony in the Ardhi'Mvringo'Patano pride. But that, thankfully doesn't apply here." Vassago could feel the freedom just beyond the forest line. It called to him, vibrated in his blood just as the forest did.

"No, now I'm here to join my father, Tam Lin." He didn't say it, but he knew this was to be his new home. Oh, he'd visit his mother and siblings every now and again, but it would never be home again. Not that it was home before. Having been cubnapped at a young age, Sago had never felt attached to the pride. To his family, yes, but the pride - no. "I'm to live with him here now. An apparent heir to his legacy and reputation. Whatever that may be." Sago again flashed that smile. Hopefully that legacy and reputation meant good times, little to no responsibility, because that's exactly what he was looking for.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:10 am
Dame NightFury

This guy kind of reminded him of.. well.. himself. Though he spoke more than Monty usually liked to, he had a family history that was relatively similar. He was his father's heir to his legacy. Or he liked to think so, he adored his father, and he wanted nothing more than to be him. Though Monty adored his mother too, he found more honor in being more like his father any day..

"Ah, so no stranger indeed. You are on a mission then, well why didn't you say so?" He asked, and a small smile appeared on his features. Though he still stood tall, he didn't relax and he didn't plan on it. He hardly ever lost that rigid look he carried.

"The name is Montague, though most just call me Monty." He went to turn to go back into the forests, and motioned the other to follow.

"What's your name, new guy?" He asked, with a chuckle.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:59 pm
Sago smiled as followed Monty into the forest where he knew he belonged. A slow entry into freedom, an entry Sago could savor. "Vassago Azrael, but I prefer Sago. I have to admit that I think this is the end of my quest. My father's in there somewhere, but even if he's out playing rogue for whatever reason, I'm definitely at the end."

Sago didn't walk directly beside Monty. He was a step slower as he took in the forest border and shadows and trees and life. He wanted to start memorizing his home. Even if he got lost in the forest, Sago wanted to make sure he knew the trees and plants and animals of the area. While not all who wonder are lost, Vassago would be proud to lose himself in the forest only to continuously find his way again, or whatever he was looking for to have gotten lost in the first place. But that was in the future.

"Is there anything I should know about the forest and the pride, Monty?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 am
Dame NightFury

"Then Sago is what I shall call you." Monty answered with a bow of his head. "This is a wonderful place to end, if you are looking for one." He loved his home. The lush forest that they were walking through now, to the top of the hill where the nobles called home. It was all just beautiful land.

He had cast a glance every now and again to make sure that Sago was still following, because the male apparently was getting very distracted. Monty didnt hold it against him however. He knew it was exciting, or he imagined it would be, to find a new place to call home. To find your father after all this time.

"That all depends on what you want to know, I'm afraid. There's a lot you should know, but some of it you will have to learn on your own, now won't you?" He asked, looking back to throw Sago a smile, before continuing the walking.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:25 pm
"Very true. Adventure and learning is all part of this new life." Sago admitted, catching up with Monty, focusing on the lion and the way into the pride's lands.

What was the most important thing to know? The answers that would do him the most good that would take the freedom away from him if he didn't know?

"I guess I should ask after any rules or laws the pride holds sacred. Tam Lin didn't really talk much about such things. I know L1 and within Ardhi'Mvringo'Patano there were many in place." Some of those rules were personal rather than pride based, but still they were there. Rules dealing with females so as not to endanger his family. Those wouldn't apply here.

Not that Sago planned on throwing his ethics and morals out the window. Back at L1, he had been very careful dealing with females. Dating and flinging with one at a time and making it very clear that he had no intentions of taking a mate. Here, Sago would make it KNOWN. He was a permanent bachelor. He would help raise any cubs that came from his fun and he would even be a single dad, but there wasn't a need for a mate.

Buffy_the_Bloody
I is SORRRRRRY Buffy. I is a bad rper. crying forgive me!?!

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games