Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Ghost of the Past (Lan and Xiong)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:04 pm
Lan was not used to ghosts of the past showing up here and there. Jing and her brother were unexpected enough but to see another ghost of her past? She wouldn’t have expected it. Much less a ghost she didn’t know yet she knew in passing. Zhong had introduced the soldier to her as his friend, and he’d been a kind man; she knew him in that friend of a friend way, her fallen fiancé had spoken highly of him. The cut of him was unmistakable. If there was one thing Lan was good at, it was remembering those she met. So to see him had her pause in her walk, gold eyes narrowing as she speculated if her gaze was playing tricks with her. When she assumed not she walked over, asking only his name.

“Xiong?” It did not help that the tiny gold noble was always looking up. It made her have to look harder to see details at times.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 pm
Xiong had met few familiar faces since coming to Halloweentown, though a part of him knew that his brooding in his home in the Sanctuary was to blame. Maybe he had been afraid to go out and face what members of his Clan remained, being a soldier who had clearly failed in his duties.

Gradually, the shade of depression that demanded isolation melted away, though, and the crossbowman forced himself to venture out more and more often.

When he ran into a lady he recognized, the nerves promptly kicked in again, but at the same time, part of Xiong relaxed. She recalled his name, and the horseman immediately straightened, pressing one fist into the palm of his opposite hand in salute, smiling slightly even as he felt himself shaking slightly.

"Yes, milady," he replied; it took two tries to speak the words after his voice cracked sightly the first time, as though Xiong had not used it in a while. "Are you well?"  

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:47 pm
The bow was met with a small one of her own. It seemed he recalled her, if perhaps like her, in part. Often she felt like like those memories were years past. That they too, had been lost. If just in part. Perhaps the worst feeling to suffer, that something was missing and faintly out of reach, that a memory might be mistaken of all things. It was yet another form and effect of grief, to question. Lan tried to rationalize really, but it was debatable how well it worked.

Smiling softly, a nod followed. "Well enough. Even if some illness were to come I have my duties to attend to, as minor or great as they might be." She looked around, gold eyes finding nothing pressing. "Thankfully this day they are minor." The lightest moment of consideration. "It has been a long time since we spoke last. Walk with me?" She made it a question, if he had other matters, she would just seek him out for idle chatter later.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 pm
In retrospect, it seemed kind of a bad question to ask - of course none of them were "well", lacking their homes - but nonetheless, inquiring had felt the proper thing to do.

Xiong looked away and nodded at her response, realizing with a touch of shame that perhaps he should work harder to attend to his own duties, and spend less time hiding from them. But he could start for now with a walk with Lan.

"Yes, milady." Xiong gestured for her to lead the way.  

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:03 pm
Lan began to walk, feet taking her in the direction of what looked to be an ongoing attempt to garden. The tilled earth hosting sprouts and saplings. All plants native to their once lush island. It was not a garden proper, nor anything near a pavilion those of conquest were used to from the building going up nearby. It was however a start. Each little bit could be improved on and in time, it might flourish.

Time, one thing they had in spades.

"You may call me Lan if you like." She paused their walk in front of a small ditch lined with stones. A future pond perhaps. "A bit informal perhaps, but I do not feel I am anyone's lady. Simply another noble lost in these tides of change." There was a whistfullness to her words. "Four to one, I still find it... All very difficult in this transition."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 am
Xiong followed, feeling a bit awkward at the small steps he had to take to avoid outstriding his companion.

"Alright, Lan." She had been a distant friend, but still someone he knew, but her request made it seem less forward. The soldier was quiet a moment, then added, "Though I hope you can forgive me if I call you by title by mistake. Any bit of the old structure I can cling to helps to put me a bit more at ease."

The sight of the familiar plants brought a faint sad smile back to his lips, and Xiong nodded in agreement. "Too much, too quickly. I must admit, I'm not even sure where to start in my own transition."  

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:04 pm
She shook her head in silence. She’d not quite call it mistake as simply falling back to formalities. They had been brought up one way, and while that way was lost, it remained in their minds. Lan was to address those below her one way yet now… she was a noble with no house and sleeping with those who had once served under in the same tent. Thankfully, in her own ‘space’ but still. Her and Mengyao were in an awkward place. “There is nothing to forgive Xiong. We all fall back into old habits here. But if it helps you be more at ease, you may call me as you like.” She smiled a bit. “Granted it is nothing rude or vulgar. Though I doubt I have to worry of such things.” From some perhaps in playfulness, but Xiong had never stricken her as such a horseman.

Resuming their walk, it was a bit depressing she mused, that they would never be able to make Halloween as grand as their home. The lands were ill suited for their kind. The plants not native and thus, slow to take. Years and years, though the vision Medea had shown them had promise. Promise of things yet to come. Or a return. One day perhaps. Perhaps even in her lifetime.

Granted one lifetime could be a whole millennia.

“It was suggested to me to attempt trance. It was… Not suited to me. My emotions were too strong and I fear they still are. The memories of what I lost, even now- they are fresh. Time is slow to mend matters of loss, slower still to matters of the heart.” It was at least, getting a bit easier to speak of it. “But it could aid you. If not trance, I have found spars… relaxing. As well as the tasks. Fear harvesting is always refreshing. But then, fresh raw fear often is.”  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:06 pm
Xiong laughed once and shook his head. "I would never call you anything rude, I promise you, milady. Could never."

He studied the plants as well, feeling a bit of empathy with them, struggling to find their roots in the foreign soil. A noble battle, striving upwards towards sunlight once more....

"Trance?" he questioned, looking back to Lan. "What ... would it do? And how?" The warrior did not think himself an emotional person, but also questioned if his own losses were still too raw. He had, after all, just started to emerge into the world again.

Thoughts of fighting gave him mixed feelings, as well. It was something Xiong had long taken comfort in, but he also acutely felt that he had failed in that task, the one thing he had trained in his whole life. He was not sure he wanted to lift his crossbow again just yet.

"Perhaps I shall look into finding fear again. To reinvigorate me, so I can better lend my energy to reconstruction."  

oneironym

Stubborn Strategist

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:48 pm
His laugh was nice to hear. Lighter things to lighten the spirits. Small ways to remove the mind from depressing this or that. "Humans say they will never bow, we say we will never die-never is a word of willpower. So long as the will is in place, the word may prove true. At least those are my thoughts. Still, I believe in you. Just as I believe in the clan. We will never content ourselves with this place. Could never." She echoed his words. "I travel with my meanings and thoughts. forgive me."

"As for Trance, it supposedly helps us see the past, possibly lets us see what could have been. All in all... As I know it... You go to the death priestesses and they help prepare you for the ritual. It is like dreaming without dreaming. You close your eyes and well." She gave a small shrug. "It is hard to explain, but it's not suited everyone. If you think fear would be the best route? Try it. There was a lovely village I recently went to, decimated a party of humans in mourning. A bit of a mercy. To end their suffering over their loved one and getting FEAR all the while. There are other ways. But hunters plague us. Going alone is... ill advised, even now."  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games