Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] IDK title forthcoming (Mort + Amarus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:22 pm
There was a note on Amarus's door one afternoon, its message written in slanted, scrawled handwriting.

Quote:
I forgot if you ever got a skellyphone, so have a note instead.
Find Big Brother at the gym in an hour and all your questions will be answered.

-- ϟ

Mort's small flairs for the dramatic were on the rise. Probably thanks to his very theatrical ghoulfriend.

In truth he was excited to be hosting someone even if it was only for a short time, all the better that it was a familiar face he hadn't seen in a while. He was already pretty used to getting people up to speed, having gotten plenty of practice with Belladonna during the students' various trips and haphazard encounters with Hunters. In this case Mort was going to try his best to make it easy on the ghoul to ease back into school life, because that was what Big Brothers did right? They looked out for their little sisters and spoiled them and all the things. And the more he had to focus on this, the less he had to focus on his personal problems.

The zomboil actually was in the gym a full half hour before amarus was asked to come, as he wanted his own amount of time to warm up and go through a few exercises. Late into his second year he had required extra body strength to carry Thor around, and ever since Mort had made en effort to go at least twice or so a week - at least when suffering wasn't happening. With his usual shirt and athlete pants on, he passed the time smacking a punching bag and practicing to keep light on his toes which, for a normally slow-moving zombie, was particularly hard to remember.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:53 pm
Well, as much as Amarus hated to read, she was so unaccustomed to anyone trying to reach her that she actually deciphered the scrawled handwriting. And the signature was kind of cute. She was not certain that all her questions could ever be answered, but she was very happy to have an occasion to see Mort again, so she would head there all the same.

Besides, it's not like she was doing anything in particular. She did, however, need to walk Ashbel as he had been particularly unwilling to leave her room since she got him: foxfire in her arms, she made her slow way to the gym, still not cured of her habit of walking slightly above the ground.

It was not a familiar notion to have family, whether adopted, temporary or blood-related; for the ghost, blood relatives would be unheard of. Lotus Eaters weren't exactly arriving in droves, and even if they were, it didn't mean they were related necessarily. So the idea of being spoiled by anyone would be unheard of doubly so. However, as well as being happy to see Mort, whatever questions he could maybe answer would be gratefully received.

Amarus tried to let Ashbel down, but he refused, biting onto her arm and staying there, gripping her with his tiny stubby legs. "Well, alright then.. but you will have to walk eventually, you know," she told him, shaking her head, bells ringing.

That was the first sign she had made it into the gym: ringing bells. She seldom came here, not even to train; she preferred to train on the school grounds, or in private combat. Because things that bored her made her fall asleep, and she found exercise boring. Physical activity in combat was stellar, no worries, but hitting a sack of sand made her want to nap, or worse, read. "Hello, Mort," she greeted him, her expression blank at first, eyes flat.

A hint of a smile snuck into her expression, however.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:56 pm
Mort was . . . well not sweating as his core body temperature was far too cold for that, but he looked as though he had been at it thoroughly for the last hour. It was easy to get lost between punches and the minute calculations happening between them; but it was a thrill to be able to continue for longer than he had when he had first started - better yet with the newly improved Thor, whose weight was a fraction of what it used to be. He almost didn't notice Amarus until the bell chimes finally registered in his ears.

"Hey!" He waved her over, pushing his glasses back up as he stepped away from the punching bag. "Remind me t'help you get skellyphone if don't have one; useful things n' not hard to navigate now." Well they never were for him, but he remembered how odd the ghoul had found them before. Finding his bag, he pulled it up and began to dig through it; more bells could be heard.

"Has been good since last seen, yes? As first big brother act, m'gonna try a challenge with you." Several red strings were fished out, tied to silver bells. He wiggled them a little in front of her with a grin.

"At least, if accept one~"

-Face your demons

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:07 pm
Amarus was at least impressed by her "Big Brother"s seeming desire to become fit, as much as someone who was undead possibly could. She knew nothing of how that worked, not that she really understood why she was obsessed with training as a Ghost either, but no matter. One way or another, she felt like courtesy of Mort's new interests perhaps they were a little more overlapped in their interests now.

"Hey! Ah, I actually..." Amarus trailed off, managing Ashbel while rifling through various areas of her over-robe, "have one, I just don't need it very often?" Amarus offered Mort the phone, hoping he could maybe decipher its infernal magic and add his number or whatever was done with skellyphones. It was in pristine condition, but it was also turned off, and it looked as though it had either never been turned on or not in a very long time. "Everyone comes and goes as they please, I do not really need it very often," she explained further. That included her own self.

She smiled, openly this time, as Mort asked how she'd been. "Nothing new to report, same old. Lots of sleeping," she replied. "A challenge? By now, you have to know I am practically honourbound to accept one," she joked, her eyes glinting. She also loved bells. Ashbel leaped out of her arms and tried to play with them.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

medigel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 pm
"Good, good! Come out've Dark Ages n' into light've modern technology~" he cheered as she held out her phone. But for now he shook his head. "Will help 've course, but after fight - takes a while to get used to if never really had one before. Though is very important now since can't always find who you need." Mort gestured to the bench his bag was sitting on with a slight jingle from the bells so she could set whatever (or whoever in the case of her minipet) down for their fight.

The zomboil grinned widely once Amarus accepted, dangling the bells for Ashbel's benefit. "So much sleeping still? Mrrr, let's have this be wake up call then - missed quite a bit! So, the challenge -" Each of the three bells was strung and tied: two on both his arms, the third around his neck. "Have two ways to beat: can knock me out in normal combat, or can swipe bells from me; if can get all three, you win. Not as slow as might think, though, so will need a bit've luck too~" Out of battle? Well yeah sorta; he was a zombie, that was practically expected. But in battle, with the pulse of electricity coursing through his body as good as blood and adrenaline, he was on par with the rest.

Motioning for them to hit the center of the gym, Mort took a stance on one side and slapped a fist into an open palm, accompanied by more silvery chimes. "Honor bound, funny term for it - but very well, challenge has been accepted! Ready self for combat!" Mort was trying to sound like one of those really loud commentators on his Immortal Kombat games.

-Face your demons
oh god sorry for taking so long ;; I got caught up in pre-meta things

HOW TO GET A BELL
If Amarus rolls double numbers that do damage (aka rolling 4,4 and above), she snatches one of the three bells! If her Headlights move is successful and she manages to damage Mort on her subsequent turn (doesn't have to be double numbers), she can also take a bell. : D (aka 1 bell max from this method, but two posts to try for it)

Face your demons rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:41 am
She wasn't really asking for help with her phone, really, she just thought that if he wanted to add himself or whatever Mott and Mac had done to it he could do it himself with a lot more ease and less frustration. The last time she had tried to use it, she had just stared at it for a while, shut it and forgot about it. It was just so much reading.

Amarus really did not like reading. Even when it was something as simple as texts. She did not have a promising school career, really.

"The Dark Ages were fine for me, but they were getting underpopulated, yes," she replied, with a trace of a grimace. She put Ashbel down on the bench to which he had gestured. Ashbel wagged his little tail at the bells, crouching down so he was a puff of fur, little eyes watching the bells in excitement. He woofed at them, and then growled low.

"I would love a wake-up call!" she agreed, clapping her hands together in excitement. She didn't know what all she had missed, but... at least her Big Brother would catch her up to speed. Or make her play with bells indefinitely, she wasn't really sure which it was. It was fascinating to think that Mort had already grown up so much! When she first met him, he had seemed as lost as she was. She wondered what he'd been through, to change him so much, and felt faintly sorry that she had missed it.

But this was no time to be sentimental! It was bells-fighting time. Amarus loved a challenge, and she loved a good fight, so she wouldn't pull any punches. Amarus laughed as Mort told her to prepare. "Have you ever known me not to be ready for a fight?" Amarus asked, the corner of her mouth quirked up.

No, that was one thing she'd never be unprepared for. "Ready, set..." Amarus winked at Mort, and right out of the gate Amarus sliced her palms open and let her Lotus essence run down her hands and wrists as she folded her hands into the kuji-kiri for Rin. "Don't let this get on you!" she warned her Big Brother, joking; she just wanted to see how fast he was in combat, since he'd promised he wasn't as slow as he looked...! And this particular ability meant she needed to touch him or get the essence on him, so it was a fun way to test his speed.

[[OOC: HEADLIGHTS FAIL xD <3 ALSO np ; u; sorry my tag took a long time too; meta things were all-consuming, as I am sure you noticed xD ]]

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:16 pm
It was an odd thing to hear Amarus of all people laugh, but the sound was genuine and he had to grin in return. Mayhaps the lotus eater had gone and done a few things while she was out after all. "To be fair, never had to fight," he pointed out. "Closest got was when War birds kept coming onto me at Isles n' you cooed n' looked happy 'bout it. Damn rats with wings." Birds had a vendetta against him; even in Valentines he kept summoning hordes of doves wielding katanas. Yeah.

At her countdown, Mort tenses his fists and began to bounce on his feet, waiting for her to strike. It didn't happen at first: the cuts into her palms made him wonder what sort of attack she had prepped. That pink essence coming out didn't look all that friendly, color or not . . . "Will try to make worth your while," he answered with a grin, flexing Thor with a soft metallic grind as it began to hum with electricity. With a chime of bells, the zomboil lunged forward, seemingly to strike Amarus with a punch but instead opening his metal hand to send bolts her way instead, turning his foot with the momentum to dart off to the side. He didn't quite know how fast she was and wasn't going to test it with a forceful charge.

HP: 50
Damage: 7
Fear: Y3 SS, Y2 The Eye, Y1 Chill
Bells: 3/3

-Face your demons
Totally @w@
Also forgot to mention, but Battle Aura and Desperate Chance can also be used to try and get a bell. BA, if it hits, would make him pause due to the frightening presence, and DC well...turning into a magical girl is really, really distracting. XD

Face your demons rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:15 am
It was going to take more than raw power to beat Mort, Amarus could definitely see that now. She was not upset, disappointed, or worried: she was proud of him. He wasn't anything like he had been when she first met him, and she was glad to see him so much stronger and seemingly more together than he had been before. At least one of them had done some successful soul-searching.

And his attack was certainly nothing to smirk about; it stung.

"That's new! And painful," she admired, shaking the stinging off. If she was continuously this reckless, she wouldn't do very well. Looks like she'd get to fight him for real. That prospect spread a smile across the Lotus Eater's face.

And she folded her hands into the kuji-kiri for Kai: Intuition. "I'll give it my all, then," she told him, "it's never fun to hold back. Don't you think?" Even so, Kai was not a damaging Kuji-kiri. It's main purpose was to provide her the focus to perceive future plans for attack. For now, she merely thrust one palm towards him.

HP: 33/40
Dmg Dealt: 1? Hah.

Ol-j-man
I'M SORRY I keep taking forever to tag you! ; A; Man I'm never going to roll doubles in a normal combat situation lmao. *GOES BACK TO ABILITIES AFTER THIS*

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces