Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Intuition..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BrokeTheMoon

Dapper Vampire

4,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 am
So lately I've been having this very strange events happening to me( this will tie in to the title I promise). When I say strange it's like I'll say something or feel something and it happens. It's usually coupled with some anxiety and sometimes I have no clue what's going on but I'll have anxiety and just feel like something is going to happen. Sometimes I still won't figure out the reason for my anxiety and it just pops up for no reason at all. I could sit in class laughing and smiling, then BOOM I'll feel my anxiety start to settle slightly and I'm like "okay what is going on?!" (This happens with both me and my sister and occasionally my mom too I think...I never hear much when she does)

So here are some examples:

My ex at one point was living next door and he left to go who knows where. Suddenly I got some really intense anxiety. I walked it out, tried to get rid of it by jumping up and down (you know get some endorphins pumping), I tried nibbling on something to eat, and NOTHING worked. This anxiety was so intense I could barely breathe. I just thought, something is going on, but what was it? Turns out my ex got in a car accident (He's okay). Not to mention we always know what is going on with each other no matter what. He could text me asking if I am okay right when I'm having a bad day and I can do the same. This was probably the first event that made me believe it was intuition kicking me in the chest.

So a more funny event was actually yesterday, I was sitting in my choir class and not to mention next to a girl who I'm always trying to strike up conversation and she just doesn't hold one with me but will turn to the girl next to her. So I said to my friend I'd rather sit next to this other girl who I'm not as fond of but I knew she would at least try and talk to me. Later in that class we move to how we sang in our fall concert and I stood next to her. That may be more of ironic though...but I called it.

Back to more things about my ex, but I had a feeling about his (I guess current girlfriend) and I knew something was going to happen soon. It may be because she acted similar to how another one of his exes acted but I've had no contact with either of these people until about 5 o'clock this morning when I got another (actually nicer) message from her (BTW I've known my ex for 11 years since I was actually 11), but I've been saying for the past 3 months that something is going to happen with those two....

I don't know...now that I'm typing those out and explaining it to others it seems silly...But these are just the only cases I've had recently. It's like anxiety, I'll just know something is up, and then BOOM something happens either right then or maybe later. Could I just have good intuition? Or is it just I'm really good at guessing and these are coincidence? sweatdrop But me and my sister will have anxiety at the same time and we look at each other if we are in the same room and just ask if we know what's going on.

We joke that it's because our great-great-great grandmother was one of those important people in the Cherokee tribe ( I want to say my grandmother said she was the equivalent of a medicine woman but it could be a different term and my grandmother has never said what they practiced or have done which I think it would be awesome to learn) But now I'm just rambling.

Thoughts? I should probably get the anxiety re-checked out, but I try and handle it myself and it's when I can't handle it I'm like something is going on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:03 am
Stay the course, pal. 3nodding

I've had similar instinct-y anxiety-ish feelings that occurred before something bad happened. I've also had a lot of anxiety that isn't tied to anything really at all except my own shitty brain chemistry. And yet the two things feel distinct from one another.

My recommendation is to write them down when you have them and then observe what occurs. We can't be entirely objective about this sort of thing, but we can make notes and observe patterns and so on. I mean, there's no way for us as people on a forum to know one way or the other if you don't know yourself. But it sounds interesting smile

You seem to have your own coping methods for anxiety issues too, and it looks like you're aware of when you need to seek more help, so like I say, stay the course.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

BrokeTheMoon

Dapper Vampire

4,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:59 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Stay the course, pal. 3nodding

I've had similar instinct-y anxiety-ish feelings that occurred before something bad happened. I've also had a lot of anxiety that isn't tied to anything really at all except my own shitty brain chemistry. And yet the two things feel distinct from one another.

My recommendation is to write them down when you have them and then observe what occurs. We can't be entirely objective about this sort of thing, but we can make notes and observe patterns and so on. I mean, there's no way for us as people on a forum to know one way or the other if you don't know yourself. But it sounds interesting smile

You seem to have your own coping methods for anxiety issues too, and it looks like you're aware of when you need to seek more help, so like I say, stay the course.

Thanks, we happened to be going over anxiety disorders in Psychology and I'm aware that I have anxiety problems, but you're right I know the difference. If I have a project I have to present and I have anxiety and when it just pops up there is a big difference.

I'll have to start making notes thanks for the suggestion.

I actually had a friend tell me to try those methods to get rid of the anxiety, but I haven't been exactly been pinned by the anxiety except for that one time with the ex. :/

Thank you! At least I know I'm not going entirely crazy  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff