Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[PRV] Where the fae sleep (Tegan/Morcant/Lalaith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:06 pm
User Image She stretched and yawned, waking from a nap. It had been a wonderful nap... Right over Morcant's head. While the male was content to sleep on the ground, Tegan enjoyed sleeping up on a tree branch. It was, perhaps, learned from her own mother. The peach-colored lioness smiled, before she rolled onto her back and looked down at Morcant, the smile spreading into a grin. "Get up, Morcant, nap time's over!" She rolled back over, picking her way down the tree until she could nudge him. I can hear someone coming, so it won't do you any good to be half asleep when they get here!"

User Image One violet eye peeked open, before it slid back closed, the male shifting and rolling away. "A few more minutes, Tegan..." He felt her nudging his shoulder and dutifully ignored her, shifting his forelimbs to hide the smile on his face. When he peeked his eye open again, though, he found her face right in his, blue eyes giving him a mirthful yet yard look. "AAH!" He jumped up and back, eyes wide as he scrambled. WHY was she so good at DOING that?! "I wish you wouldn't SNEAK like that, Tegan!" He put a paw over his chest, panting from the startle. He was awake now! Was this awake enough for company? Because it was pretty awake!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:20 pm
Andranis

User Image

Lalaith was getting more confident about moving around both outside and within the pride lands, feeling less like he was about to get jumped on around every turn. Hell, he was even starting to like his journeys- it meant meeting new lions and seeing new things. He didn’t know what could be better than learning new stories to teach to younger lions. It was the whole reason he had become a scholar in the first place. That and his mother had taught him to really enjoy the job.

So things were looking up for him.

When he spotted a couple unfamiliar looking lions not too for him, the male frowned. Despite how happy he was, he still had an initial stab of fear attack him whenever he found himself in a new situation. Maybe some things would never change. Still, the older Lalaith would have gone running. This one moved towards them, to welcome them to the lands. No guards seemed to be around to do it, so why not?

“Hello there!” He called, “welcome to the Suka’Fumo! Are you just passing through, or is there something I may be able to help you with?” He bowed his head towards them, to show a polite welcome.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:17 am
Cajanic

The lioness looked up, blue eyes shining with joy. A new face! Morcant spent so much time in that border between the rest of the pride and the forest, it wasn't often they met someone that wasn't one of the fair folk. She bound over, nearly pouncing on the green and purple-pink lion. "Hi! Lovely day, isn't it? And you know, I was just saying to Morcant before our nap that we don't see enough lions from the rest of the pride, on account we spend so much time here at the border between the forest and the rest, and..." She was cut off by a paw over her mouth, going cross-eyed to try and see it.

"That's quite enough, Tegan..." Morcant looked the other male over, at first wary as any male lion would be that his mate could be hit on. But this male gave off the air of being safe, so whatever guard he had up about the matter dropped. "Oh, we're not really NEW, just... As Tegan said, not around the rest of the pride very often." He pushed his sliding spectacles back up his face. "I spend all my time trying to understand the fair folk, so I don't often wander into the central lands to talk to others in the Suka'fumo. I suppose I should do that more often, eh...?" He looked at the lioness beside him, grinning just a bit wryly. "Provided Tegan can behave, of course..." Like any naughty little fairy, she got into everything... Which was another reason they stayed on the fringes between the two societies.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:42 pm
while meeting new lions wasn't his usual business, he was in a good enough mood to feel very inclined to say hello to the two strange lions. He wasn't sure he had met other lions quite as strange as the two in front of him, but that didn't matter much to him. He didn't really know a lot of lions... period.

He needed to get out more.

"Well, it's nice to meet the both of you," he hummed lightly, trying not to look like he was nervous about being around them, "my name is lalaith! I'm a scholar, and I love learning new things about the this pride. It can be a lot of fun!" He watched the two, tilting his head slightly to the side.

"What do you guys like to do?"  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:54 pm
Cajanic

The male's violet eyes lit up, ears lifting. Ah, another mind like his own! "I'm a scholar as yourself! I'm afraid we may not have run into each other much, as I'm unfamiliar with many of my own pride mates..." He motioned to the trees slightly in the distance. "As I said, I spend so much time studying the fair folk that I'm a bit disconnected." He paused. "Who's the king now...? Did we change rulers?" He'd need to drag Tegan into the main pride some time. "And where did my manners go? You know Tegan's name..." He put a paw to his chest. "I am Morcant."

The peach lioness' ears pricked as the paw was removed from her mouth. She looked back and forth, before her face broke into a big smile. "I just like to sing and dance and sing poems!" She began to prance around the two, humming before happily singing. "'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves.. Did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe ~" Morcant was watching her, giving her one of his displeased looks, but she neither noticed nor cared as she continued. "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!" Her words were nonsense, but they were fun nonsense to her!  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:42 am
Andranis

Lalaith smiled, mostly because he didn't know what else to do. They were both so energetic, and it was a little over whelming. But he was happy- happy he had met another scholar. Well, beside his mom. She didn't like research the way he did, though. "I'm glad we know each other now! You'll have to tell me about the things you've learned! And... maybe? I don't know when you were here last. Bwana is our current king." He gave a nod, before his eyes turned to the female.

He listened to her song, and grinned from ear to ear. "Haha! That's fun! I think the cubs would love to listen to something like that! What a lovely little tune. Do you know what any of it is supposed to mean? Of course meaning was wildly important to him. Couldn't go two seconds without him asking for the meaning behind something.

"You two are quite fun! It's wonderful to see you both here."  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:51 am
Cajanic
-Kicks muse- (And every time I RP in or think about Suka'fumo... I keep thinking of a little lion-made village... xd ; )

Tegan began to giggle. "Oh, it doesn't mean anything!" She climbed onto a rock, rolling over onto her back and hanging her front end upside down from it. "It's absolute gibberish, it's nonsense! And that's what's so fun about it!" She then slid off the rock, landing upside down. The lioness blinked, frowning for a moment, before she rolled over and picked herself up. Her eyes went cross for a moment as she noticed grass clinging to her hair, before she reached up and began to try and claw it out. "Out, out cursed grass, out! You don't match my complexion at ALL!"

Morcant let out a sigh, watching Tegan with a flat look. His attention then returned to the other male, ears pricking. "Ah, good, then my information is still up to date. How are things with the whole heir business, is there any word on that?" He had no idea if the king even had a MATE yet. The brown lion sat down, rubbing his face with a paw. "I really need to not hang around Tegan's friends so much and be around my own ilk..." He looked over at the lioness. "How does that sound to you, Tegan? A few weeks with the rest of the pride, away from the trees.." Away from the other fair folk...  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:54 am
Lalaith smiled. How it tickled him to be able to give information! "Oh, well, the king does have an heir now- a white and purple lion named Dromio. He had a littler before, too, but the children were not legitimate heirs so they did not have a chance for the kingship. But now that he has a proper queen, his second litter was considered proper." He nodded along with himself. "Dromio is a good lad. Strong, smart, but maybe a little too eager to change everything around. I think some of the older members disagree with someone having so little purple in his coat being the next king."

He chuckled, looking from one to the other. They both seemed vastly different from each other- were they really related?

"If you want to come hang out with the rest of us, I don't think anyone would be opposed! We just brought in a large kill, too, so I think there's some food for you if you're looking for a meal." He wanted to be welcoming. He didn't get to meet such... characters often. He was normally too nervous to. So he wanted to make friends with them.
Andranis

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:36 pm
Cajanic
I think we can call this our last two posts? surprised How's that sound to you? heart

His eyebrows raised. "An heir with little purple on him... How scandalous!" When he'd been a cub, as Morcant could best recall it, the pride had absolutely buzzed with excitement about Bwana being named heir. The heir's only non-purple coloration had been his eyes, to great effect. The gold truly popped out against the dark shades and tones of his fur. "Well, I certainly hope he proves an effective leader... And his changes aren't going to cause PROBLEMS." He then looked to Tegan. "So, care to join us, my little Fa'e?"

Tegan blinked, looking up from the beetle she'd been stalking. "What? Oh! Okay!" She smiled broadly, jumping up and prancing over to Morcant. Rubbing against the brown male, she let out a purr. "If only my brother and sister were here!" She covered her mouth with a paw, giggling. "They'd die of shock to see me walking around amid 'civilized society'!" One day, she'd have to find a way to draw her brother and sister back home, even if for a visit. She did dearly miss them. "So, where are we going first, Lalaith?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:29 am
Lalaith nodded. Though, he didn't think there was anything wrong with the changes. Maybe because he didn't have a drop of purple on him. Still, as a scholar, he understood why so many others had issues with the rule change. It had been something they had been beaten into believing true, sometimes literally. So he wasn't going to complain if some of the other animals thought it was a little strange.

"I think he will prove himself a very good leader," he replied kindly, "he's already shown that he cares deeply for the pride." He wasn't sure how much being kind was going to affect being a ruler, but he hoped it would be a help, not a hindrance.

"This way," he hummed lightly, bringing the two towards the center square so they could meet with the others and have something to eat. It wasn't really his job to play guard, but he couldn't deny that it had been fun. He had enjoyed himself thoroughly.

Andranis
I'd say fin!

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items