Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Sinclair the Pride Demon [Accepted] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vethrfolnir

Timid Cat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:34 am
User Image
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Sinclair Merchenwald (on all forms and papers; his full name is Sinestra Merenschel Trem Alcud)
Nicknames: Clair, Peacock

Faction: Demon
Race: Avarice Demon - Pride

Natural Ability:
Basilisk Stare: Gazing into Sinclair's eyes for too long seems to paralyze the onlooker. Eye contact must be maintained for this to work, and the effect is brief, lasting several seconds at most; but it's more than long enough for Sinclair to make sure he has their attention.

Personality: Possessed of unwarranted self-confidence and a crippling desire to be admired, Sinclair believes that he's the best thing in Halloween since Jack Skellington -- even if no one else realizes it yet. He approaches everyone he meets with a bright smile, a handshake, and an assurance that keeping his company is in their best interests. He likes to think he straddles the fine line between grace and arrogance that only demons can manage; more often than not, he only manages arrogance, but his overtures for friendship are at the very least genuine.

What few friends Sinclair has, he is unerringly loyal to them. His obnoxious attempts to flaunt himself as awesome incarnate lessen considerably when he's certain he has secured their favor. He expects his friends to listen to him; in return, he gives them his full (and sometimes surprisingly considerate) attention.

Even Sinclair's hobbies are linked to his need to be liked. He's studied a wide range of skills to encourage admiration or conversation, such as theater, painting, writing, and various instruments and sports, but he doesn't appear to have much proficiency in any of them. He has a tendency to be rather flighty; he displays short, aggressive bursts of interest in certain things, then forgets about them when he gets frustrated and drifts off to something he considers simpler. Sinclair isn't used to hard work and avoids it as much as possible, which sometimes translates to passiveness when dealing with 'difficult' people. He would rather avoid conflict. Or anything that could damage his face, really.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? The Merchenwald family accumulated their wealth from centuries of lucrative hauntings in Eastern Europe. In recent times, few of them still travel to the human world, and encounters with these colorful pride demons are rare and isolated incidents. The Merchenwald name has faded into obscurity -- something Sinclair is intent on rectifying. After attaining a frightful education -- and, most importantly, a pass to the human world -- Sinclair will singlehandedly restore the family name to prominence and achieve all that they've dreamed of...

... or so he thinks. Sinclair's parents are content with their wealthy anonymity. The real reason they decided to enroll him into Amityville was to get rid of him; they're tired of hearing about his "glorious purpose" and would quite like to enjoy their chopped liver in peace, thank you.

FEAR Ability:
Spotlight Stealer: Uses the Headlights mechanic. Sinclair captures the energy from a light source and absorbs it into his body (or rather his eyes), casting an area into darkness. That's not terribly useful when battling against creatures with a preference for low light... until Sinclair redirects a concentrated flash of light at his enemies, briefly stunning them. As he is now, Sinclair can only absorb small amounts of light before feeling physically ill, and so will probably 'steal' from lamps or candles.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Black sclera and vivid pink irises. He has markings around his eyes that look rather like makeup: black rings around his upper eyelids, while his lower eyelids are lined with green.
Hair Colour/Style: Bright turquoise with heavily layered bangs swept to one side. His hair is longer in the front than in the back, and fades into black at the ends.
Skin Colour: Dark gray/black.
Clothing Style/Colours: Like most demons, Sinclair prefers decadently elegant, Victorian-inspired clothing. He has a thing for waistcoats and lace. He really, really likes lace. And lace-up shoes. And lots of layers; it's very rare for him to show any skin below the neck, and even then he tends to wear high collars. For colors, he prefers black, teal, green, and purple. His horn-rimmed glasses are necessary to stop him from squinting into people's faces.
Extra: He has a pair of horns; or rather, very stiff feathers curved in the shape of horns, both coiling in opposite directions. The feathers are primarily black, turning green and blue at the tips, and they also sprout behind his small pointed ears. He has a long black tail that grows increasingly feathery where it ends in a bright blue 'scythe'. Just above the base of his tail, a flashy train of blue and green feathers flows out behind him. Less visible are his sharp fangs, which pop out when he smiles a bit too widely. His wings are optional -- they might grow in as a second year, but if included as a first year, they are medium-sized and would have similar colors as the rest of his feathers.
References: [bust shot and color ref], [chibi ref], [without bolero], [group sketch], [with zephyros], [with zephyros and new shoes], [good ref for general clothing style and colors] (Most of these references don't have his feather train, but I'd really like for that to be included! They aren't strict references, either, especially for his clothes; feel free to add or change things!)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:36 pm
Reserved just in case, and ready for crits~  

Vethrfolnir

Timid Cat

Vethrfolnir

Timid Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 am
Added some things to the physical description section and picked out a FEAR mechanic.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:34 am
ANOTHER STRIX! YAY!

Currently we have 1 strix student (played by moi) but others are always welcome!!

My strix boil is a monster (raised by demon father) but this has no effect on you making your guy a strix demon.. they would just be completely different species. I am not saying any of this to dissuade you at all, just filling you in on whats already set up involving strix in active play biggrin In the same vein, we have hellhounds here who are monsters and others who are demons. So it's all good biggrin

As far as personality goes, he looks pretty good! Does he retain any of the stereotypical bias of demons towards lower races? How will he fare if others don't give him the attention he feels he deserves? How does he do with battling/trouble/drama in general? Theres a ton of it in the shop so it's good to think how your kid may handle that!

I love his color scheme and design... of course though >.> I love me some strix

EDIT: SORRY. EDITING THIS. I was thinking about him after I left my first crit, and nothing about his demeanor or appearance says 'OWL'. He seems to sport more of a peacock theme. Of course I am not one to say he can't be different colors XD We have neon animals in the shop, but aside from stating what his species is, he seems to be more of a genuinely straight up old school demon than being owl-like.  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Vethrfolnir

Timid Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:32 pm
iloveyouDIE
ANOTHER STRIX! YAY!

Currently we have 1 strix student (played by moi) but others are always welcome!!

My strix boil is a monster (raised by demon father) but this has no effect on you making your guy a strix demon.. they would just be completely different species. I am not saying any of this to dissuade you at all, just filling you in on whats already set up involving strix in active play biggrin In the same vein, we have hellhounds here who are monsters and others who are demons. So it's all good biggrin

As far as personality goes, he looks pretty good! Does he retain any of the stereotypical bias of demons towards lower races? How will he fare if others don't give him the attention he feels he deserves? How does he do with battling/trouble/drama in general? Theres a ton of it in the shop so it's good to think how your kid may handle that!

I love his color scheme and design... of course though >.> I love me some strix

EDIT: SORRY. EDITING THIS. I was thinking about him after I left my first crit, and nothing about his demeanor or appearance says 'OWL'. He seems to sport more of a peacock theme. Of course I am not one to say he can't be different colors XD We have neon animals in the shop, but aside from stating what his species is, he seems to be more of a genuinely straight up old school demon than being owl-like.

Thank you for your comments! Sinclair's species was one thing I've debated on for awhile. I was fairly certain about making a demon character, and I designed him before picking out what his specific subspecies would be -- the strix seemed to fit best, but whether or not he seemed owl-like was something I've been worried about! Do you have any suggestions to fix that?

As for his personality, I'm hoping Amityville will be a learning experience for him. Sinclair doesn't have that species bias -- he looks at everyone as equal opportunities for admirers -- but being ignored will probably make him mope for awhile. As will drama. He's an awful fighter, considering he's rather delicate, and will most likely try to talk his way out of trouble. I definitely want him to learn how to be more adaptable, but it'll probably be difficult for him to settle in, at first. :'D  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 pm
Well since you really want him to be a demon, I would suggest not making him a strix in particular considering that the defining factor of strix is them being owls. Since demons are pretty open ended, you could probably do whatever you wanted with him species wise. He seems to come from an old demon family and perhaps is even a something like a Pride Demon? Everything about his attitude and even the flashy 'peacock' nature of his feathers says pride to me biggrin

You would also be more free with his natural ability (since shifting into a giant owl was something he didn't like very much.. unless of course you liked that!).

If you wanted to stay a strix I would suggest simply altering his appearance to be more owl like.

Take a look through the established demon biographies! A lot of our demons are awesome and you may get ideas about species and powers from glancing around. Theres a link on the shop front page with all the characters journals (and most of the ones with horns are demons haha).  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Vethrfolnir

Timid Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:02 pm
iloveyouDIE
Well since you really want him to be a demon, I would suggest not making him a strix in particular considering that the defining factor of strix is them being owls. Since demons are pretty open ended, you could probably do whatever you wanted with him species wise. He seems to come from an old demon family and perhaps is even a something like a Pride Demon? Everything about his attitude and even the flashy 'peacock' nature of his feathers says pride to me biggrin

You would also be more free with his natural ability (since shifting into a giant owl was something he didn't like very much.. unless of course you liked that!).

If you wanted to stay a strix I would suggest simply altering his appearance to be more owl like.

Take a look through the established demon biographies! A lot of our demons are awesome and you may get ideas about species and powers from glancing around. Theres a link on the shop front page with all the characters journals (and most of the ones with horns are demons haha).

I changed Sinclair's subspecies to pride demon and edited his description accordingly, thanks to your suggestion -- you're right, it does suit him much better!

I still love the strix as a concept though, and if I do get Sinclair here, I'd love to RP with your boil sometime. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Added some new art! Thank you Era <3  

Vethrfolnir

Timid Cat

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm
Just letting you know that I seriously love everything about this quest askdkfnsf ALSO PEACOCK LOVE I have a peacock student :'D <3333  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 pm
AAAH THANK YOU peacocks need to band together 8DD  

Vethrfolnir

Timid Cat

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 pm
Mmmm yes peacock love. Vanya says hi. Ovo  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:44 pm
Zephyros wants to know
what is he going to do with his staring.  

Eranas

Eloquent Pusher

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:44 pm
Yeah, I have my kid Sparrow! O v O BUT ANYWAY YES I love Sinclair he's fabulous <333  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm
asdakjfajd thank youuu <3 Sparrow looks AWESOME. As does Vanya. 8D Sinclair would love to meet them and make a peacock posse.

Zephyros, Sinclair would use his powers only for good. Because he thinks it's a very good thing for people to stop and stare at him!  

Vethrfolnir

Timid Cat

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 pm
Angeline likewise would approve of the Peacockness if a) she could see he had it goin' on and b) if she could see -she- had it going on (*touches everything*)  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff