Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[ORP] Fireworks for Fun

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 pm
Lan is not exactly a type of horsewoman one might expect to see working. Especially with something one might consider messy. Yet there she was, hair pinned up, her normally ornate robes traded out for a set of modest work clothes, leather gloves and a thin mask over her nose and mouth. In one hand she has what looked like charcoal, the other a fine loose blue black powder, each one begin carefully examined. Small piles of powders sit in neat formation, clear flutes of glass holding others. Boxes, jars, little bags- all sit in neat little rows nearby. A small powder keg is next to her, opened, and as you watch, Lan carefully begins to measure out the black powder on a scale. Gold eyes look up as she snaps out. “Don’t jostle anything or even attempt to bring an open flame close; I’d prefer not to have my work station or myself be blown to bits.”

A pile of bamboo shoots sit on the other side of her and the keg, a fuse in one end along with a ‘spike’. For those who might have connected the dots, the horsewoman was busy making basic fireworks. “My family was one of those that oversaw dispersal of infections using explosives. Humans tend to call it, biological warfare. As if it’s some new thing. However, now the task of creating and rediscovering the mixtures falls to me.” More talkative than normal, she continues her work. As she fills an empty shoot of bamboo with the various powders, she takes care to not touch some directly, even with the gloves on. “Sadly I am but one horsewoman, and there are… many combinations. Thus far, I’ve only managed to recover a small number of the more difficult combinations. While I have the basic mixtures memorized, everything else is a matter of rediscovery, my father’s scrolls lost with the island.” A small glass vial pulled up, glowing balls of light, she uncorks it, a single ball of light falling into the powder before she caps it off, ending the process by adding the fuse.

“If you’d like to try your hand at it, I suppose you may. As of right now, I’m working on trying to find the combinations my father used and what the few of the others managed-“ she looks behind her, a half written scroll, and jolts various characters down “-but the art of explosive projectiles, of fireworks, is one that we have taken pains to perfect in line with our FEAR generating. The use of gun powder, of bombs, canons- it changed how battles were fought and won. Mortals feared what they created. How fitting is it, that what they made would cause them such raw FEAR, and once created, only grew and grew in it’s use?” She smiled, pulling up another set of new, full vials of powders.

If not a conquest horseman:

“You may use the spare set I have. Just try not to blow your arm off.” She points to a few of the vials before pulling out a spare pair of rather worn gloves. “Those are used to emit colors, more… appearances really. Fireworks for appearances, celebrations. Colors are marked on the cork. Be sure to wear the gloves. If not, the powder might become tainted or reactive. Try to avoid touching it as much as possible. When done take one of the vials with the glowing orbs and add one or a few of the toxins. The colors of the orbs signal different effects. Ehen finished, write everything down along with amount and in what order. Note anything of importance. Also be sure to mark which mixture goes to which rocket.” She pulled out a scroll, stopping herself from offering a brush and ink, opting for a charcoal pencil instead.

If a conquest horseman:
Pulling out a worn pair of cloves she offers them wordlessly. A finger on the vials with color markers. “For effects.” Her hand then runs over the various vials holding the glowing orbs. Something you recognize as various toxins and viruses. “They are already honed to FEAR, so do not worry about them.” Reaching back she offers up a blank scroll as well as a brush and ink. “Order, amount. Mark the rocket with a character.” Her eyes also tell you in the silent language of the clan to write everything, even if it doesn’t seem all that important. This look is followed by one that says you may sit next to her if you so like, provided you do not make a mess.

“Once done, we can test them off. If you’ve managed to rediscover one of the older combinations, I’ll pay you for your work. If you manage to find something new?” She grins behind her mask, holding up a small pouch. “You’ll get a little something extra.” Setting the pouch down, Lan returns to her work, looking up if only expecting you to join her.

Quote:
How to Play

STEP ONE: PICKING YOUR POWDERS

There are a great many powders to choose from. Some in wooden boxes. Some in small clay jars. Others wrapped in paper. Many are in clear glass vials. Rolling 10 d100 you get your powders.
Click below for the list

1- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
2- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
3- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
4- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
5- Toxic Spore (Silver) (+2 Toxin Power)
6- White Powder (+1 Color)
7- Amber Powder (chunky)
8- Silver Powder ( +1 Color)
9- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
10- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
11- White Powder (+1 Color)
12- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
13- Amber Powder (chunky)
14- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
15- Toxic Spore (Black) (+1 Toxin Power)
16- Silver Powder ( +2 Color)
17- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
18- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
19- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
20- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
21- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
22- White Powder (+1 Color)
23- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
24- Silver Powder ( +1 Color)
25- Toxic Spore (Pink) (+2 Toxin Power)
26- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
27- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
28- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
29- Amber Powder (chunky)
30- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
31- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
32- Silver Powder ( +2 Color)
33- White Powder (+1 Color)
34- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
35- Toxic Spore (Orange) (+1 Toxin Power)
36- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
37- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
38- Amber Powder (chunky)
39- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
40- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
41- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
42- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
43- Silver Powder ( +1 Color)
44- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
45- Toxic Spore (Purple)(+2 Toxin Power)
46- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
47- White Powder (+1 Color)
48- Amber Powder (chunky)
49- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
50- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
51- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
52- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
53- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
54- White Powder (+1 Color)
55- Toxic Spore (Green) (+1 Toxin Power)
56- Amber Powder (chunky)
57- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
58- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
59- Silver Powder ( +2 Color)
60- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
61- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
62- Silver Powder ( +1 Color)
63- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
64- Amber Powder (chunky)
65- Toxic Spore (White) (+2 Toxin Power)
66- White Powder (+1 Color)
67- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
68- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
69- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
70- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
71- Amber Powder (chunky)
72- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
73- Silver Powder ( +2 Color)
74- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
75- Toxic Spore (Yellow) (+1 Toxin Power)
76- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
77- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
78- White Powder (+1 Color)
79- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
80- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
81- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
82- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
83- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
84- Amber Powder (chunky)
85- Toxic Spore (Blue) (+2 Toxin Power)
86- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
87- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
88- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
89- Silver Powder ( +1 Color)
90- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
91- Amber Powder (chunky)
92- Red Powder (feels almost like clay)
93- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
94- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
95- Toxic Spore (Red) (+1 Toxin Power)
96- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
97- Silver Powder ( +2 Color)
98- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
99- White Powder (+1 Color)
100- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)

Once rolled, tally your:
Explosive Power
Toxin Power
Color
If you rolled nothing in a certain section leave blank. BOLD Which you ranked highest in.

STEP TWO: RECORD

A critical step, you need to record what you used for the purposes of record keeping. Rolling 5 d4, every die ‘partners’ with 2 of the previously rolled 10. If your d4 is even- you recall what you used. If odd, you are left guessing.

IE: I roll 1, 78, 25, 86, 34, 62, 26, 82, 48, 54 in step one.
In step two I roll: 2, 4, 3, 1, 2
Meaning that I recall 1, 78, recall, 25, 86 but forget 34, 62, forget 26, 82, remember 48 and 54

Bottom of Post tally how many ingredients you remembered!

STEP THREE: EXPLOSIONS FOREVER

Time to set off that firework!
Roll 3 d4.
The first die is for Explosive Power
The second die is for Toxin Power
The third die is for Color
If even, you have surpassed expectations. If odd, you didn’t impress anybody. Even if you don’t have a score in that section, this still applies.

AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST: Remember your first post Whichever you scored highest in repost in BOLD. Then post your score from your second post, and finally if what you ranked highest in (explosive power, toxin power, color) surpassed expectations.
Remember to quote me with minis SN to claim your prize!

PRIZES

Whichever section you score highest in determines if you win a rare item, silver, or a minipet!
Tally determines amount/rarity. (2 being common, 10 being RARE)
Surpassing rank or not determines if you win a BONUS prize! (Item, silver, or minipet)

Basically: EVERYONE IS A WINNER. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!one111!11one!!!!111!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:21 am
"Ah, my dear, had you but told me you had so many toys I would have been here sooner," Fai said as he sauntered up to the other horseman. He looked positively delighted at the prospect of playing with explosives.

"If there is one thing I admire most about the Conquest--other than their beautiful females, of course--it is their way of combining beauty with deadliness. Lovely, just lovely," he said, having decided a while back that teasing Lan was an enjoyable pastime in and of itself. Even Precious seemed to be getting in on it--the largest head coming up to smile at Lan.

While the plant was trying to "make friends," Fai was slipping on gloves with an expertise that seemed a bit... unnerving, as well.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 pm
She thought she had smelt gun-powder.

Wandering in to the little area that the noblewoman had found to create her little explosions of fun, she softly took a seat next to the woman, looking at her little concoction of items around them, chortling at the light dusting of powder that seemed to be on everything. Somehow she felt deep down that a certain nobleman would be insulted about how much gun powder was on the woman's robes.

Regardless, she caught the glances that Lan was giving her, and softly rolling her sleeves up, she nodded back, going to check what kind of options she was given. Lifen actually really did like fireworks. They were pretty and resonated through you when they exploded. Kind of a lively feel.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:14 pm
Following the stench of sulfur and gunpowder, Blake found himself looking at a rather aloof Horseman and an insane array of... what... was that stuff? Drifting closer, he listened attentively, eyes roving across the items, mind working rapidly. Well. This ought to be fun... The biggest thing he'd ever set off was a firecracker or a smoke bomb. Nothing this extravagant. Not that he hadn't tried, mind you... Diversions with a bang. Loads of fun. Sliding into the shadows, he decided to observe first, then give it a shot. Being reckless with things that can explode... not the best idea.  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Ice Queen rolled 10 100-sided dice: 49, 21, 94, 94, 95, 66, 80, 37, 4, 72 Total: 612 (10-1000)

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm
Seeing as he could start, Fai started sorting through the powders, picking up random bottles and looking and sniffing them curiously as he picked the ones he wanted. It LOOKED as if he had an idea of what he was doing.

He didn't. Famine wasn't known for their gun powder experiments. But that didn't stop him from wanting to do one! Ah, but he did like those clear crystals... they were shiny! (This moronOTL)

49, 21, 94, 94, 95, 66, 80, 37, 4, 72
49- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
21- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
95- Toxic Spore (Red) (+1 Toxin Power)
66- White Powder (+1 Color)
37- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
4- Blue Powder (almost dust like)
72- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)

Explosive Power +2
Toxin Power +1
Color +1  
Wandered rolled 10 100-sided dice: 43, 6, 55, 6, 7, 76, 62, 42, 100, 94 Total: 491 (10-1000)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:35 pm

43, 6, 55, 6, 7, 76, 62, 42, 100, 94
43- Silver Powder ( +1 Color)
55- Toxic Spore (Green) (+1 Toxin Power)
7- Amber Powder (chunky)
76- Clear Crystals (Small rocks)
62- Silver Powder ( +1 Color)
100- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)

Explosion: 2
Toxin: 1
Colour: 4

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
Abe no Mizuki rolled 10 100-sided dice: 64, 80, 35, 74, 42, 65, 36, 70, 88, 94 Total: 648 (10-1000)

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:06 pm
After watching some others begin, Blake slid up and grabbed random items, not really certain just what he was mixing. Hopefully it wouldn't be too dangerous... last thing he wanted was to make the entire school go boom. If he had any idea what he was doing... he'd have grabbed some better components.

64, 80, 35, 74, 42, 65, 36, 70, 88, 94

35- Toxic Spore (Orange) (+1 Toxin Power)
36- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)
64- Amber Powder (chunky)
65- Toxic Spore (White) (+2 Toxin Power)
70- Black Powder (+2 Explosive power)
74- Glittering Powder (Almost seems like water)
88- Yellow Powder (Acts like sand)

Explosive Power: +4
Toxin Power: +3

Wandered rolled 5 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 2, 4, 2 Total: 12 (5-20)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers