Submit

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 am
As the topic suggests, I'm just curious as to what exactly determines what fursona you might pick?
I was reading a thread in here just a moment ago that had a long drawn out discussion over it all so I started wondering if it was an animal you liked most or the animal you're most like?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 pm
The simple answer is "personal choice." In some cases a fursona may be a deeply symbolic representation of a person's inner being, in others, it may be a purely aesthetic choice.

Some people will adopt multiple fursonas simultaneously whilst others will move from one to another. Still others will keep the same identity, but it will evolve in small ways over time. There is no "right" way to go about it.  

Thorn apple

Foxkilth

Devoted Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:30 pm
Deathgod of Legend
As the topic suggests, I'm just curious as to what exactly determines what fursona you might pick?
I was reading a thread in here just a moment ago that had a long drawn out discussion over it all so I started wondering if it was an animal you liked most or the animal you're most like?

Personally...
my Fursona is ME
i know a few who have it that way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:58 pm
Foxkilth
Deathgod of Legend

Personally...
my Fursona is ME

Yourself? That's.... a "Fur"sona?
Maybe I'm confused as to what it is exactly...  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Foxkilth

Devoted Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Foxkilth
Deathgod of Legend

Personally...
my Fursona is ME

Yourself? That's.... a "Fur"sona?
Maybe I'm confused as to what it is exactly...

Um... let me think
a persona is giving human traits to non human objects, right
so a fursona would be giving animal traits to a non animal

My fur is just how i feel i truly am on the inside
...Did i lose you again? sweatdrop

and this is just my way of thinking
i like 98% sure there are others

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:23 am
Conversations like these are always interesting.Allow me to put a therian twist on things.

I myself an not a furry,so I don't have a fursona,but I can understand why others would choose deep symbolic traits to make their fursona as "their true selves".Being a therian I was born the way I am,I did not choose my animal,what she looks like,or how she is,but she is me.I have found that sometimes furries don't realize they are therians and they "choose"the animal they've always felt like,only later to find that it wasn't an invented personality at all,but the animal inside since birth.  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Foxkilth

Devoted Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 am
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
Conversations like these are always interesting.Allow me to put a therian twist on things.

I myself an not a furry,so I don't have a fursona,but I can understand why others would choose deep symbolic traits to make their fursona as "their true selves".Being a therian I was born the way I am,I did not choose my animal,what she looks like,or how she is,but she is me.I have found that sometimes furries don't realize they are therians and they "choose"the animal they've always felt like,only later to find that it wasn't an invented personality at all,but the animal inside since birth.

... what's a Therian? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 am
Foxkilth
Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Short for therianthrope a therian is somebody who feels a connection with an animal. Not necessarily an animal from this plane either, although most accepted therians tend to be animals such as wolves or big cats there are some who believe themselves to be unicorns or other mythical creatures.
The connection the person feels with the animal can range from feeling they have been born into the wrong body (similar to those with gender issues) to simply a belief that they were an animal in a past life and still retain some memories or behaviours of said animal.
Therians do not physically become the animal they have a connection with, although some do describe "mental shifts" where they feel their whole thought process becomes that of the animals.
Therians are not to be confused with the Furry fandom who have a completely different relationship with animals.....

It appears there are many variations of this subject entirely...
I myself can relate to the Therian idea as at times I've kinda felt that way.

At any rate whether it's Therian personality or a fursona, I'm feelin' wolf.
Black and white or dark grey and white. Whichever.
I've always really felt that way, I love beef jerky, I bite people randomly, I growl... during you know "times" , I've always loved sort of fighting with big dogs on all fours occasionally holding them down and biting them in the neck as a sign of dominance.
It's kind of odd to think about it but that's how I am, no joke.
Maybe I'm just a weird person?  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 am
for some people i think its all about which animal has the most interesting genital anatomy :VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

wakka wakka!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:15 pm
Jungle Boots
for some people i think its all about which animal has the most interesting genital anatomy :VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

wakka wakka!

Like it being illegal to screw a female sheep because their reproductive organs are similar to a human female's?
Meaning the resulting child would be a gruesome mutant that goes against all humane aspects of life.  

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Foxkilth

Devoted Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Foxkilth
Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Short for therianthrope a therian is somebody who feels a connection with an animal. Not necessarily an animal from this plane either, although most accepted therians tend to be animals such as wolves or big cats there are some who believe themselves to be unicorns or other mythical creatures.
The connection the person feels with the animal can range from feeling they have been born into the wrong body (similar to those with gender issues) to simply a belief that they were an animal in a past life and still retain some memories or behaviours of said animal.
Therians do not physically become the animal they have a connection with, although some do describe "mental shifts" where they feel their whole thought process becomes that of the animals.
Therians are not to be confused with the Furry fandom who have a completely different relationship with animals.....

It appears there are many variations of this subject entirely...
I myself can relate to the Therian idea as at times I've kinda felt that way.

At any rate whether it's Therian personality or a fursona, I'm feelin' wolf.
Black and white or dark grey and white. Whichever.
I've always really felt that way, I love beef jerky, I bite people randomly, I growl... during you know "times" , I've always loved sort of fighting with big dogs on all fours occasionally holding them down and biting them in the neck as a sign of dominance.
It's kind of odd to think about it but that's how I am, no joke.
Maybe I'm just a weird person?

I actually understood that
every time i've looked it up... no dice
but now i wonder if i Furry or Therian?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:51 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Jungle Boots

wakka wakka!

Like it being illegal to screw a female sheep because their reproductive organs are similar to a human female's?
Meaning the resulting child would be a gruesome mutant that goes against all humane aspects of life.

Having a sheep fursona this comment is entirely offensive and i am angry now. >:L

Though i am a gruesome mutant that goes against all humane aspects of life... its for other reasons than being a sheep man hybrid! TYVM!  

Jungle Boots

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:24 pm
Jungle Boots

Having a sheep fursona this comment is entirely offensive and i am angry now. >:L

Though i am a gruesome mutant that goes against all humane aspects of life... its for other reasons than being a sheep man hybrid! TYVM!

I apologize.
I figured you'd be more interested that someone actually knew something about your chosen fursona.
I meant no offense.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:39 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Jungle Boots

I apologize.
I figured you'd be more interested that someone actually knew something about your chosen fursona.
I meant no offense.

lol im just being goofy...

that... ummm... i dont know how true that is... seeing as the anatomy of an animals genitals doesnt change the fact that genetic material is incompatable. Its reallly hard to get a donkey and a horse to make a mule... let alone get two mammals that arent even in the same family to produce any young.... at all...

Infact i think the soviets tried to grow chimp humans... but never did manage to create a single hybrid embryo in the lab...  

Jungle Boots

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:00 pm
Jungle Boots
Deathgod of Legend
Jungle Boots

I apologize.
I meant no offense.

lol im just being goofy...

that... ummm... i dont know how true that is... seeing as the anatomy of an animals genitals doesnt change the fact that genetic material is incompatable. Its reallly hard to get a donkey and a horse to make a mule... let alone get two mammals that arent even in the same family to produce any young.... at all...

Infact i think the soviets tried to grow chimp humans... but never did manage to create a single hybrid embryo in the lab...

I'm unsure where I heard the information so it may be untrue but I've always believed it.

I've actually got this personal hope that science advances in the future will allow for cross genetics between animals and humans.
I've always thought of animals being an ideal creation by whatever god you believe in. Their evolution, adaptation and sheer brilliance in whatever they're faced with is amazing. Ofcourse, this may not apply with all animals but each is very unique and interesting.
However... humans only kill, steal and do wrong to one another. Any cooperation is often brief or false and the primal dominance within humans causes displays of violent and destructive nature but... this is only speaking of the bad things.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff