Welcome to Gaia! ::

The NFL Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the game. 

Tags: National Football League, Football, Pigskin, American, Sports 

Reply The NFL Guild
Wildcard to our backs, Divisional Round Ahead!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:35 pm
The first weekend of the playoffs has come to an end. We are now down to 8 teams left in the playoffs!

No Ponders, Big Problem for the Vikings who even after a great finale over Green Bay in the Regular season to clinch a playoff birth, could not replicate the success and fell to the Packers 24-10. Green Bay moves on to San Francisco next weekend.

In a rematch of last seasons wild card match up, the Bengals played a better game than their 31-10 loss to the Texans a year ago, but still fell short to Houston 19-13. The Texans will head into a rematch game of their own next week when they take on Brady and the Patriots.

Ray Lewis played his final game in Baltimore. His career will come to an end when the playoffs are over, but he and the Ravens ended the Colts season with a 24-9 victory. They will head into Denver to play against former Colt Peyton Manning and the Broncos.

RGIII injures his knee, and the Redskins could only watch as a 14-0 lead faded, and the Seattle Seahawks win their first road playoff game in franchise history. The Hot Seahawks will go into Atlanta to play the #1 seeded Falcons!

So who will win in the divisional round?

Green Bay at San Francisco
Houston at New England
Baltimore at Denver
Seattle at Atlanta

8 teams move on, only 1 will be crowned champions at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 pm
49ers win, Pats win, Ravens win (I hope), and Seahawks win.
Technically, though this is unlikely, if Bal and Houston were to win, it would be Houston at Baltimore, I believe.  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 pm
Silver Ace Revolver
49ers win, Pats win, Ravens win (I hope), and Seahawks win.
Technically, though this is unlikely, if Bal and Houston were to win, it would be Houston at Baltimore, I believe.

Actually the Houston Texans finished the #3 seed, Baltimore #4. So if both teams were to win then it would be Baltimore at Houston for the AFC Championship game.

Personally I hope this is the case, as much as I like Peyton Manning I do not like the Broncos, and I absolutely despise the Patriots.

For me, My predictions are as follows.

San Francisco over Green Bay- The Packers easy victory over Minnesota gives them momentum. The 49ers entered the playoffs hurt, but the bye week gave them time to heal up and prepare. It will be a close game, but I think the 49ers will edge them out.

Atlanta over Seattle- If RGIII would have remained healthy through the whole game, it might have been Washington at Atlanta instead. Seattle finally won their first road playoff game last Sunday But this is a team that struggles on the road, and I think that will finally catch them in the end.

Baltimore over Denver- The Final run of Ray Lewis, The Ravens were pumped and full of energy for his last home game against the Colts, And I believe the Ravens will carry that momentum into Denver and avenge their loss earlier in the season.

New England over Houston- Houston is a shell of the team that started the season 11-1. Though they got a win over Cincinnati it was anything but convincing that they have gone back to their winning ways. Brady and Co will get the win.

So those are my picks. 49ers, Falcons, Ravens, and Patriots.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:51 pm
I absolutely despise the Patriots.
I heavily endorse this statement and/or event.  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

Falcon IV

Duck

12,825 Points
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:57 pm
Broncos 27 Ravens 10

Road flacco just cant do anything against von miller and champ bailey

49ers 31 Packers 21

Kaepernick's going to bring his A game, justin smith is back which means aldon smith can look good again.

Falcons 27 Seahawks 14

The falcons have been expected to lose 3 games this year, they outscored the favourites 91-20 in those games, this game shouldn't be different

Patriots 37 Texans 17, the only thing about these teams that's changed since the patriots smashed the texans on primetime is now the patriots have rob gronkowski  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 pm
I like all of those picks except for the Falcons over the Seahawks.I just don't see it. The DB's of Seattle match up very well and will give Roddy White and Julio Jones problems. I also think Saftey Cam Chancellor and The linebackers can at least slow down Tony Gonzalez. The only way they lose is if Russel Wilson has a bad game which I don't see happening because Atlanta has only two really good DB's in Asante Samuel and Thomas Decoud. It'll be close but I think the Seahawks take it.  

comfier than chibi

Dapper Fatcat

3,100 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Falcon IV

Duck

12,825 Points
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:48 am
Dr_Octagonapus_Bwah
I like all of those picks except for the Falcons over the Seahawks.I just don't see it. The DB's of Seattle match up very well and will give Roddy White and Julio Jones problems. I also think Saftey Cam Chancellor and The linebackers can at least slow down Tony Gonzalez. The only way they lose is if Russel Wilson has a bad game which I don't see happening because Atlanta has only two really good DB's in Asante Samuel and Thomas Decoud. It'll be close but I think the Seahawks take it.

So William Moore isn't good? Before his injury (he's back now) he was considered the best safety in the NFC by many, also the falcons have allowed 14 passing touchdowns all year and have caught 20 picks, if Brent Grimes wasn't hurt the falcons would have a better secondary than the seahawks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 pm
Hydrogen Dodo
Dr_Octagonapus_Bwah

So William Moore isn't good? Before his injury (he's back now) he was considered the best safety in the NFC by many, also the falcons have allowed 14 passing touchdowns all year and have caught 20 picks, if Brent Grimes wasn't hurt the falcons would have a better secondary than the seahawks
I never heard anyone ever say William Moore was the best safety in the NFC. Earl Thomas, Antrell Rolle, either two from the 49ers Goldson or Whitner, Adrian Wilson and a whole host of others are way better, even before the injury, I was almost right two but the hurry up offense was too much to handle. But the Falcons Secondary did almost nothing in the second half.  

comfier than chibi

Dapper Fatcat

3,100 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items