Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
[Official] Island Paradise

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 am
Due for release in June this year, not much information is yet known about this pack.

What we do know is that Sims will be able to pilot boats out onto the sea as well as build and live in house boats!
It has also been said that Sims will be able to build and run resorts for other Sims to visit. We don't know how this will work yet or what EA mean by "resort" as it appears that different people have different ideas of what a resort actually is.

What do you think of when you read the word resort? Do you like the sound of this pack? Comment below.

ETA: More information can now be found on the dedicated pre-order page and in the official February 14th live chat replay.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:41 pm
House boats? Shut up and take my money!  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:35 am
Not much information yet, but yes, houseboats that you can build yourself and then have Sims sail around in!

Looks like there will be regular boats as well going by this early development screen that was taken from the live chat:
User Image

Here's the official logo too:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:21 am
It seems quite interesting. Are you planning to get this expansion if it's very good? I think it will be another cool EP...

I am waiting for the next one after this - Time travel??

I have decided not to get greedy on anymore Expansion Packs from TS3. I figured that since I have almost all (except Supernatural). It's time to use money else where. lol  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 pm
I'm thinking I will buy it. I am a bit of a Sims junkie.
There was new footage in the recent live chat (I really need to link to that) which showed the house boats in action. They did look REALLY cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:05 am
There is now an official pre-order page for Island Paradise which you can find here> http://thesims.com/en_GB/the-sims-3-island-paradise
It has new screenshots of Sims in scuba gear and a screen from the live chat of Graham's house boat.
If you missed the live chat, you can find the replay here> http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts/video?clipId=pla_36fce681-a2f1-4c6d-85d9-c8651056104c

I'll add this info to the first post too. wink  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 am
Thank you very much for the new update links Menaceman, I am watching have watched the replay now moments ago (fast forwarded the new world in store section, I just don't get it why more worlds when we already have that much brilliant created worlds by official EPs and from users). Quite impressed by the Island Paradise progress thus far.

I looked at screen captures... diving in ocean?! Very cool idea!

It's kind of sad though, it's not that we NEED these new stuffs in our games, it's we may want these sort of new functions and items to our game. They all sounds like we need these. Typical promoting strategy 3nodding Not saying its wrong, it's just the way it is... Good for them being creative heart

That's cool to know you may most likely buy this EP. If it's not too much I would like to hear what you think of this when you will get this Island Paradise.

I am a sim junkie too, just realised not so long ago where is my limits.

7 EPs 1 SP. What more could one asks for? What would it be like if I keep telling myself I want more? I don't want to turn into an addict. lol I have way more than others who don't even have a computer to play a game they would love to try! The madness has to be stopped somewhere. I hope I can resist and talk myself out.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:02 am
Well, I have a job so I have money to pay for them and why not if I enjoy them?
When I do get the pack it may take quite some time for me to give an opinion as even after all these years now I haven't played all of the Ambitions jobs yet!  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 am
Menaceman
Well, I have a job so I have money to pay for them and why not if I enjoy them?
When I do get the pack it may take quite some time for me to give an opinion as even after all these years now I haven't played all of the Ambitions jobs yet!

yeah, totally. I would enjoy buying more EPs too when I will have enough saving 3nodding One day I will.

It is not wrong to buy something we enjoy when we can. I spoke personally because I have so much EPs while without a steady income. It can be comparable with heavy smoker without enough money to even to buy normal food, let alone the cigarettes. It's time to stop as I see it.

I would love to make lots of plant sims and play them as my main gameplay. I am terribly sad why this happen to me. EA & The Sims 3 team is a tease. what a temptation... crying crying

share some screenshots / video perhaps? I have never experienced every single new things & features from all EPs I have. I do get the general ideas and know which is my favourite EP - World Adventures  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:40 am
A new blog has been posted on the official website by SimGuruRyan with more information on Island Paradise!
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=493029
In one of the screenshots I can see a pool slide!  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:38 pm
The announce trailer is live!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUrSOWa3SWY&feature=youtu.be  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:25 am
Origin
Server Error

We're very sorry, but we're currently experiencing technical difficulties.

Error: SIT_000002

Noooo. I was just about to pre-order this. Noooooooo.

Felkyr

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:12 am
The Producer Walkthrough is now live!
You can view it on Youtube here> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZDZEij7h4Q&feature=youtu.be

Looks veeeery interesting.  
The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff