Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - South] Preparations (Ming x Bai Bo) (fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:52 pm
Things had been fairly hectic in the South as preparations for the heiress's wedding began. After many conversations and some arguments they had decided that she was to be married first before Lady Ming would formally step down (the announcement of her retirement still had not been made) and her coronation would be planned. Sida did not wish to be married before she was crowned, she had difficulties seeing the importance if only because her grandmother had spent her entire ruling period without a mate by her side.

Something that none of the other houses had experienced.

It made the South unique, and the heiress was eager to show she was capable of ruling without a partner. While Lady Ming had confidence in the young lioness she refused to budge simply because Sida had a consort. She had someone to rule by her side, Ming had not. Despite her effort to find a suitable mate to take the mantle of Lord. It seemed that she had been destined to remain the sole ruler of the South as long as she remained Lady.

It bothered her rarely, but in the wake of the hustle and bustle of the South preparing for the wedding, she was reminded that she had spent most of her adult life alone. Lady Ming was a strong lioness with ample control over her emotions, she had to. If she didn't the consequences were dire.

So she slunk away while her granddaughter was busy discussing things with her consort to seek some time alone, so none would see her sad.

Kimaria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 am
Bai Bo was feeling more thoughtful than sad that day, having spent a good deal of time mulling over his last conversation with the Lady Ming. It had led him to question things. Things about himself. About the past and the future and what place lay for him in this pride? He'd come here with high ambitions but had, so far, succeeded in very little. But, more than anything, he wanted this to work. He wanted to be a success and he wasn't getting any younger. Change. Change could be bad or it could be good. He'd decided that, this time, he'd get change to work for him. To make him better and stronger.

He would not let it beat him.

In any case, that day he'd set out with the sole purpose of tracking down his newest friend. Lady Ming had been an intelligent female and it seemed like such a long time he'd been in the company of one such as her. One wise and calm and strong.

The lean, white lion, then, found himself picking his way carefully through the terrain, pausing now and again to test the air for her scent. So far there had been no sign, but soon his search would prove to be fruitful. Perhaps fifteen minutes later, her pale form came into view and - not one to declare his presence loudly - he merely strode towards her. He was an athletic lion, not bulky or stocky as some. His mane held a wispy quality to it and, as he moved, it lifted in the breeze.

Nuxaz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:40 pm
By the time that Bai Bo had come upon her the lioness had settled upon a rock, head resting on her paws as she contemplated her situation. Her expression soft, somber while her amber eyes were staring blankly before her. Unfocused. Though her mind was distracted she did not miss the soft footsteps of another approaching. Immediately her demeanor changed.

Sitting up she shook her head to rid herself of her gloomy thoughts and she turned her head, looking back at the white lion approaching. A soft smile spread across her maw as she tilted her head at him. "Bai bo," she greeted warmly dipping her head before standing and turning to face him. Repositioning herself she sat once more, tail wrapping around her paws.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" She asked trying to keep her tone light, nearly playful. She minded little that he had come to join her. Wallowing in her mild sorrows was unbecoming for the Lady of the South. A distraction could be welcome, especially one that had little to do with the preparations occurring in her house.

Kimaria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 am
"Lady Ming." He returned, slowing his pace as he drew closer. The smallest of smiles lifted the corners of his mouth. "The truth? I was...lonesome." And he seated himself, keeping a respectful distance from where she reclined. "My children are grown." His wife, too, though he cared a little less about where she was. "They have no more need for their father." He released a short breath. "And as for my career? Well...it's not going to plan so far."

In fact it wasn't really 'going' anywhere at all.

He'd joined the Tianxia to become someone of note and, as of yet, was nowhere near close. He worked hard but recently, the energy seemed to have gone from him.

"I enjoyed our chat the other day so I thought I would pay you a visit. Reminisce over old times or talk about future events. How goes everything with you?" He wondered whether she had made the move to step down yet. Wondered how she would feel when she did.

Nuxaz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:42 pm
"They grow much quicker than we realize," she commented thoughtfully. She had grandchildren now, though she had only properly met her heiress. It was a strange concept but she had had her children young, much younger than wanted or intended. "Despite what you may think, or they may tell you. Children always need their parent." She would not specify mother or father, to do so would be damning to herself.

A single mother from day one and she would not have wanted it any other way.

"I am honored to have your company," she told him offering him a sincere smile. "Things are rough, but manageable. There is much to plan for," she admitted, a sigh leaving her maw. "Sida is to be married soon, then I will begin the preparations to step down."

Bai Bo was the first lion she told, outside of the empress.

Kimaria

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:00 am
He listened quietly, finding peace in the sound of her gentle voice and the breeze that sifted - almost tenderly - through his mane. The air was cool and fresh here. He remembered it clearly; how different it was from the hot dusty air of his homeland. The Pridelands was where he had been born but he had never felt right there. Perhaps too suffocated by family.

He had been desperate to craft himself a future and when he left he felt as if he could do just that. Certainly he had made himself a life, but he had not achieved all that he had wanted to.

Perhaps now he never would.

"Is there anything I can do to help ease the pressure off, Lady Ming?" This had to have been hard for her, he knew. "I would offer any service I can to help you with the organisation of it."

Nuxaz

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:36 pm
"A little help would be nice," Ming admitted. Sida had been little help with any sort of planning and her consort was often too busy calming her down to be of much help. "It's been a one lion show so far," she told him, laughing lightly. "Sida is still adjusting to life in Tianxia and is far too worried about the social pressures that come with being my heir, especially as an outsider."

Ming had been around since the founding and knew what others did not. Most were outsiders, few had been born in the lands. "An extra pair of paws would be greatly appreciated. I never did get any proper scholars in my house, our record of traditions and history is quite the mess."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:40 pm
"I would be glad to aid you in whatever way I can." He continued. "It sounds like you both have a lot to deal with in these coming weeks. She will not find it easy at first, taking over the job you have done for so long. But I'm sure with your advice, Sida will do fine." He nodded thoughtfully. "I can pass on what knowledge I have gained, also. Teaching is something I do have training in."

Yen Ha had always lacked with physical strength but he certainly made up for it with the keenness of his mind. He loved to ponder his days away, even if it did make him a little anti-social at times.

"Aiding you in recording sounds like a fine job to me." In fact, the prospect of it quite excited him. "It will be good to know the ways of another House. I'm sure there are many things we can learn from it."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:51 pm
"It would be nice to have company that isn't...so young," she laughed again. Most of her house was populated with younger lions, which she did not mind but it was reassuring to have the company of someone closer to her own ages. She nodded at his comments and sighed. "I am the last of the original Lords and Ladies to step down," she admitted, brow furrowing. She had also been one of the youngest having just stepped into the pawprints of adulthood when she became a member. "My fellow founders have all stepped back already, though granted they had an easier time when it came to heirs."

Her original choice had opted out of the position having argued that he was not fit. Her choice in heiress was unconventional but it had always been the way of her ruling. The stronger position in her house was that of the Lady and she had always ruled solo. It hadn't been her intent but how things worked.

She preferred it that way, even if it was lonely. "At least she has a competent mate to stand beside her. They will work through all the ordeals as a team and it will only strengthen their bond." The coupling had been a wise chose on the Lady's part. "Please, I welcome you in the South whenever you wish."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:59 pm
He smiled at her welcome and gave a rumble of appreciation. "Then I shall come and visit whenever I can spare the time." Which would be reasonably often if he thought about it. There were not too many young in his House now and there were other teachers who could give guidance in his absence. He was hardly going to turn down the opportunity to be involved in something as importance as this.

"Yes, she will not face this alone."

He blinked, wondering if Lady Ming had ever had someone she could rely on to aid her. He thought not considering how their conversations so far had gone. A little like him, he supposed. He was wed, yes, but he had not seen eye to eye with his wife in the longest of times. In fact...he had not seen her at all for the longest of times. He'd buried himself in work and pretended that she didn't exist.

And his children seemed to have noticed that, too - those that remained anyway.

"She is lucky." He mused. "That she has someone she can rely on to help her in this."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:15 pm
It was not widely known to any outside of the South that Ming had no mate. That there was no Lord of the South. It had been something that had been kept quiet but she was not ashamed. Sometimes it was better to rule solo than to rule with someone unfit.

"Indeed," she agreed, offering a soft smile. "The coupling is most promising. I believe Jiù​xīng is already in love with Sida," she admitted thinking of how fondly the pale male looked upon his intended. "Sida will come around to him quickly," Ming was certain.

"She is lucky that the arrangement worked so well in her favor. Being lucky in love was something I was never good at." She sighed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:21 pm
"Love is never an easy trail to follow. From what you say, the pair of them will get there eventually."

And at Lady Ming's sigh, Yen Ha could not help but laugh. "Then that makes two of us, my lady. I thought I had it once but it seemed to slip away as easily and quickly as a spring breeze. As far as I'm aware, my children have not found partners yet, either."

Perhaps it ran in his family, this unlucky business regarding love.

But no, that was not true. He knew of others in his family who were lucky. His older sister one of them.

Still, right now, with his friend, Yen Ha believed he could be quite content. Who needed love, anyway?

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces