Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
A little something interesting that I want to share

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 pm
I hope this is the right forum for it too.

But anyways, a couple of nights ago, I had this strange urge to get naked and crawl and dance around my room. I've had these urges before but they aren't common. My body feels this over abundance of spiritual energy or so to speak. And I usually just kind of go with the flow and go with which ever way feels best.

Now I've heard of ritualistic nudity, but I don't think they have the urge to get naked and roam around. And I know it sounds bizarre, but I felt like I should bring it up with you guys and discuss it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 pm
I get that too. I've had some great spiritual experiences after feeling compelled to take off all my clothes and dance. It makes me think of the maenads, actually. It's formed a part of my practice now. I think part of the compulsion was ecstatic or a subconscious craving for ecstasy, and part of it was a primal sort of "yes this is how religion should be", but it's sort of ineffable, difficult to express in words. Just go with it, says I.

I've felt other compulsions before too; once I went on a journey to the outskirts of Helheim because I felt compelled to do so, like the idea had been slotted into my head and something was urging me to do it, and Hel met me there.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:08 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
I get that too. I've had some great spiritual experiences after feeling compelled to take off all my clothes and dance. It makes me think of the maenads, actually. It's formed a part of my practice now. I think part of the compulsion was ecstatic or a subconscious craving for ecstasy, and part of it was a primal sort of "yes this is how religion should be", but it's sort of ineffable, difficult to express in words. Just go with it, says I.

I've felt other compulsions before too; once I went on a journey to the outskirts of Helheim because I felt compelled to do so, like the idea had been slotted into my head and something was urging me to do it, and Hel met me there.

I've found doing my yoga naked to be quite relaxing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 am
I get that as well. smile It's quite a liberating feeling. I'd love to be able to do it outside, but there are people.

Sang, if you don't mind me asking, what was Hel like? It must have been a pretty interesting experience.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items