Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm
hanging gallow
Actually most of the taken domains are already listed other than missing corrections as kita said and the last 3 or 4 new angeni the former list had them.

The reserved domains should also remain some where on the list because those were purchased and/or not allowed to be quested.
Thanks, the reserved domains will go on the list when it moves to its official home. For the moment this is just a WiP of the list for the moment. Once th issues are cleared up I'll hand teh list over to Mal who will set it up, probably in th customs area to replace the old one. I can put the reserved domains on it later today if that is causing confusion for people.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:34 pm
Ok, a question just to get some opinions in before I start fiddling with the list. The reserved domains... Would you prefer them ON the main list in a different colour marked reserved and why... OR on a seperate list?  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 pm
I think it would be easier to determine if they are in the same list, just perhaps written in a different color, so that they are both easy to find, and you don't have to look through 2 separate lists to see if you've picked a domain that isn't already taken.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:57 pm
Darkmoon Dancer
I think it would be easier to determine if they are in the same list, just perhaps written in a different color, so that they are both easy to find, and you don't have to look through 2 separate lists to see if you've picked a domain that isn't already taken.
Valid points, IF this is the way its done I would probably have put them in bold red or something similar. I like being able to easily find things so can understand what you means about the 2 lists. But lets see what others think first.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:59 pm
-nodnod- Definitely!

That is just my personal opinion, afterall.

I mean, in the end, the second list would just be further down the list so I don't see it as a big deal either way, but personally I would prefer it all in one list and just bolded/red/whatever and marked as reserved in the same list.

What does everyone else think?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 pm
I think them being on the same list would be fantastic. Don't have to search around for the list, ect. c:  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:34 pm
Faid Shadowlight

Also, on the list it says the quest for the Angeni of Ghosts is abandoned and it's not. ^^; I've been questing for her for a long time and am close to getting the funds for her. I would appreciate the list being updated that she is being quested for by me. c: Not sure who said she wasn't as I'm questing her. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm
~Kiana_Nala~
Faid Shadowlight

Also, on the list it says the quest for the Angeni of Ghosts is abandoned and it's not. ^^; I've been questing for her for a long time and am close to getting the funds for her. I would appreciate the list being updated that she is being quested for by me. c: Not sure who said she wasn't as I'm questing her. XD

Technically (unless its changed) I can't list anything that hasn't been won in a slot as there is always the chance that another will get it sooner. Usually if an angeni is listed that has yet to be made its because of how busy a colourist is and the long waiting time. However I will check this is still the case, but I believe that you can't reserve domains or cospalys in that way.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Darkmoon Dancer

Shameless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 am
What Faid just said there is true. There is no reserving domains or cosplays in any way (the single exception is the things listed on the reserved list since those are reserved by staff for events (not for personal staff customs, we do not get any special treatments here either), that may/will be held in the future).

Technically anyone can try for any cosplay or domain that is not actually taken (or on the reserved list), in customs or bribes or whathaveyou.
It's a first come first serve situation.

As a side note, in a lot of cases, if someone sees that someone else has been questing a concept for a long time they may be gracious and step aside, BUT this is by no means a necessity, and nor will it be enforced since like I mentioned it is a first come, first serve situation.

For example, I could technically swoop in and put in a custom form for the Angeni of Ghosts in the next customs slots and if I win I would get her regardless of you having quested for a long time. Now, I would be being a big jerk in this case, and it's not something I would personally do, but there would be no repercussions to take in that situation, since I would have won her first fair and square.

This is why sometimes people prefer not to share what they are questing if it happens to be a cosplay since then someone else can be like 'Hey! I wanted that one too!' and then all of a sudden you have two people racing to see who gets a slot first.

But the upside of people knowing what you're questing, is that in most cases if they know someone has been questing for x-time, they may step aside due to your persistence in trying for said quest.

So in summary, cosplays and domains are first come first serve. The only reason there is a reserved list is that those are reserved by staff for possible events, (and even staff can't custom something that is on the reserved list)

The only other possibility for listing something under the reserved list would be like Faid mentioned, a soq that has won a slot and is in the process of being made but for whatever reason the colorist is taking their time making it, or has otherwise encountered delays in getting it done perhaps due to RL or whathaveyou. And this would only be for the sake of no one overlapping domains/cosplays during the time it takes to make that new but already bought/earned soq.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 am
Darkmoon Dancer
Thanks for that, I was pretty sure that was something that hadn't changed, it would be a HUGE thing if it had.

And yes thats why I usually keep my quests private if its a cosplay or domained angeni. I have some such quests at the moment though the one I try for now and then has been a long time coming, but thats because I'm very determind a specific colourist does that one.

All in all it comes down to luck and just keeping on trying.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 am
Yeah, I found out what happened. c:
Apparently someone had once upon had a soquili that was domained as ghosts but it changed a long time ago. c: So at first I was like "someone was questing?" because I didn't remember it being on the list before. But I found that information and that's what was happening. C:
So, not a big deal. I just hadn't known once upon a soquili had been ghosts (before they changed) and thought someone had managed to put they were questing for one on the list and was like WHOA. XD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:33 am
~Kiana_Nala~
Yeah, I found out what happened. c:
Apparently someone had once upon had a soquili that was domained as ghosts but it changed a long time ago. c: So at first I was like "someone was questing?" because I didn't remember it being on the list before. But I found that information and that's what was happening. C:
So, not a big deal. I just hadn't known once upon a soquili had been ghosts (before they changed) and thought someone had managed to put they were questing for one on the list and was like WHOA. XD
No worries, better to say than wonder.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:33 am
Faid Shadowlight
Issues
Overlapping domains and other possible issues for staff attention.

Law - Pending - Sun domain double up, need change confirmed
Sun | Dante | one over three | New Domain request - Law

Immortality | Quetzalcoatl | Kamiki & Sabin Duvert | Unconfirmed Domain

I talked to mind for a minute

And unless Uta disagrees with Quetzalcoatl's domain choice

Both are approved angeni's and with their domains. However Kaitaia now owns Dante.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 am
hanging gallow
Faid Shadowlight
Issues
Overlapping domains and other possible issues for staff attention.

Law - Pending - Sun domain double up, need change confirmed
Sun | Dante | one over three | New Domain request - Law

Immortality | Quetzalcoatl | Kamiki & Sabin Duvert | Unconfirmed Domain

I talked to mind for a minute

And unless Uta disagrees with Quetzalcoatl's domain choice

Both are approved angeni's and with their domains. However Kaitaia now owns Dante.

I poked Uta in a pm (i was sending one anyway about something else) so if she comes back ok with that then I'll alter those and correct the list. After that its just a case of entering the reserved ones and I believe this list at least will be as good as done.

Though I'll leave it a little while before saying that definitively... But yeah... cat_sweatdrop  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 am
ANGENI WIPs
Despair - samus x, by Mobster Goose - recieved
Steam - kaliskanny, by Samuality - recieved
Sorrow - stormflower, by Mobster Goose - received
- All of above are already on the list

Angeni of Prevention - X Blame it on the --- X - received - Cert

Valor - Fatal Irony, by Professional Prophet - no sign of it IDK if she is going to do it
Guardian - Justin, by Professional Prophet - same
Protection - AnimeChickie, by Professional Prophet - same
Ethereal - Nerpin, by Nerpin - nerp may do this at some point
Forgiveness - ???, by Nerpin - Nerp may do this as well at some point it's hers
Navigation - he is mine.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items