Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] Something Positive (Kalju & Nagua)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:54 pm
User Image

Nagua was, for once, staring towards the pride, in the direction of the water hole, as he sat and thought. He was thinking over what the pink lioness had told him, that he shouldn't blame someone for the choices their parents made, even when that resulted in a hybrid because the parents were of two different species.

It was...hard. To say the least. He still didn't like hybrids and the thought of even considering sex with a leopard or a cheetah made the teal lion shudder convulsively. But...he supposed they couldn't help being what they were. Like he couldn't help it that he'd never met his father.

Yellow eyes widened and Nagua's posture straightened as he repeated that to himself. He couldn't help it that he'd never met his father. It wasn't his fault, or his siblings. If it was anyone's fault, it was their mother's for sleeping with some lion she'd only met once. It wasn't his fault.

The boy felt a smile slowly stretch across his face at the realization.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 pm
Kalju was humming to himself, pacing through the pride's lands. He had been on the hunt for something interesting to hold onto to use for his stories. Maybe some interesting feather, or leaf, or something to help stir the imaginations of the cubs in the pride, sick or not. He didn't feel like he needed something right now, but it never hurt to use his spare time doing something mildly productive.

That was when the burnt orange lion's reddish eyes noticed the starkly different teal of the young male in front of him. Woah. He couldn't remember seeing that coat colour around here before. "Hey, you spacin' out?" he ventured.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:04 pm
He was, actually, and the meaning behind the sudden noise didn't penetrate for a few moments. Then the boy shook himself and turned to find...a lion. A big adult male. Yellow eyes blinked rapidly as he looked up at the big orangey-brown male.

Then he realized he'd been asked a question and he had no idea what the query had been. Nagua grinned crookedly upwards.

"Sorry, I didn't hear your question. What was that again?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:07 pm
"Hey!" Kalju said again, a bit more forcefully. At least it seemed like he wasn't sick....Kalju didn't know if he was immune or just a carrier or what, but he hadn't shown any signs of the disease, and hoped that it would never crop up in his body. Still....

"At least yer back," the lion said with a shake of his head. "Askin' if you were spaced out, but I guess I was right. You alright there, dude?" Tired? Sick? Something was up with this male, and Kalju wasn't going anywhere until he was sure that this lion was ok, or if he really did need help...

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 pm
"Oh!" It was, after all, a fairly logical question for someone to ask him, Nagua reflected. Unlike some...

"Yeah, I'm back, and fine," he answered. "Just doing some thinking, you know?" No more and no less. He wasn't quite ready to share the fruits of that meditation with anyone yet, but he wouldn't deny what he'd been up to.

"Is there something I can do for you?" The adolescent had no qualms about being polite and making the offer to a normal lion who wasn't threatening to kill him or anything like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:24 pm
Kalju blinked a few times, then narrowed his eyes while the younger male spoke. "Well....I guess you're ok. Never know how someone feels around these parts, and its always good to be careful."

He paused, relaxing his features a bit more. "Nah, just looking around for interesting things. I like to help out the bards sometimes, find some neat things that could be props. Since I ain't doin' anything else at the moment, figured I'd look around and stuff." He shrugged, waving a paw around absentmindedly.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:27 pm
Nagua shuddered slightly at the oblique reference to the fact that this was a pride full of diseased lions, but pushed it aside. This lion didn't seem ill at all, and he was certainly the nicest person the adolescent had met here, aside from Jani (who had saved his life and so was in a different category).

But what was this? He was looking for interesting things - always a fun pasttime - for bards to use as props? The latter part of the sentence made no sense at all to the boy, and his confusion showed clearly.

"What are bards and why do they need to prop things up?" he asked.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:39 pm
"Ah. Well. They sing stories to everyone in the pride, though sometimes the cubs need a little help learning how to cultivate their imagination. So I try to find little interesting things, like some feathers, or a weird stick, to help give them a visual in the stories." He shrugged again.

"It helps to break up the monotny of hunting, and I might even petition to officially change my job...but we'll see. I'm happy with where I am right now," he said with a smile and a nod. "Its great fun."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:44 pm
Nagua couldn't help gaping as the lion expounded on what bards were and what they did. It was an entire rank that he'd never once imagined could exist! It sounded, as the lion had mentioned, like a lot of fun.

"I've never heard of anything like that," he admitted. "But that's probably the neatest thing I've heard of since leaving home!" If the Kitwana'antara had these bards, it might just be worth staying here after all!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 pm
Kalju nodded. "It is certainly a bright spot for our pride. You should check it out sometime, its always fun to see how each bard does their thing." No one was exactly the same, and that was the truth in storytelling and singing as well!

"I'm sure we'll have something going on tonight, when almost everyone is getting settled for sleep. The moon is always the best lighting for a dramatic story. Not really spooky tales, but ones of great heroics and rescuing," he said with a wink.

"Glad to hear you're feeling good, though. Glad I don't need to worry about ya."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm
Nagua was very interested to hear what sorts of different things the bards did to entertain the pride. It was an entirely novel form of entertainment, and a whole lot more welcoming than what the Ghosts back home did. The Jini-msemi did get together as a pride on occasion, but not the way this lion was describing.

It would definitely be a new experience.

"I can't wait to see," he told the orangey-brown lion, real excitement suffusing his voice.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 pm
"Nice! Just make sure you're there. If you need someone to sit next to, I'll keep a spot open just in case." He was pretty sure something would happen tonight, since there were so many bards in the pride. It helped keep everyone entertained.

"Deal?" Kalju asked. "Just ask for Kalju, quite a few members at least know of my family, they'll send ya my way."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 pm
The boy nodded excitedly. "Deal! Oh, and if you're looking for me, my name's Nagua," he told the older lion belatedly. He'd almost forgotten to introduce himself! How rude!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:15 pm
Kalju nodded. "Sweet, see you then!" He figured that was a good note to end on, and went back to his humming and searching for interesting things. He knew he'd probably be called to a hunting party tomorrow, might as well enjoy the rest of his day doing something fun!  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas