Reply Adult Furries Guild
Anyone for D&D?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 pm
So, yeah, I'm WAY into the Dungeons and Dragons roleplaying game, but living in such a small town of backwood gap-toothed inbred hillbilly yokels there's not really much in the ways of a good group. Anyone else play? Used to play? Interested in playing?

I ask because I've been thinking about creating a guild for online D&D, for people that share my dilema or just spend too much time in front of their computer. Would anyone be interested in joining up? Or, can anyone recommend a good guild that already exists for said purpose? Please note, I am not trying to advertise, just wondered if anyone out there shared my interests or could help me out.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 pm
maybe if it were pathfinder i would be interested.

but how do you do that online? like all the rolls and battle and stuff.  

RanDaYena

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:46 am
Pathfinder? Is that another pen-and-paper? It sounds vaguely familiar but I don't know anything about it, is it at all related to Witchcraft or AFMBE?

Well, gaia has a dice roll system, so that takes care of attack, damage, saving throws, etc. And a character profile outline to cover all the basic D&D stats can be created. I'm thinking battle itself might be a b***h though, normally you can use battle maps for character and creature movement (five-foot squares, land speed 40' per round, etc) but unless I can figure out a way to recreate it online it might just have to be ad-libbed... The other problem is that one can only roll one kind of die in a post, so the concept of throwing your attack, damage and critical rolls at the same time is shot... It's a work in progress. sweatdrop

Non-combat situations, as far as I can foresee, would be just like any other internet roleplay, with only the occasional skill check. Which ought to cover "stuff".  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 am
Gaia does have a roll option for posts, use a d20 for sill checks, and a d whatever for the attacks... Plain and simple. I would be interested in a DnD guild.  

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 pm
Cool, man, cool. I'll let you know when I get it up and running. Gotta dig out my books and maybe find some PDF's online. Get the word around if you can.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:58 pm
If tou want I can be co-captain and help set up the system, I haven't played in a long a** time though. I would much rather be a dam, but I lack the books.  

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

RanDaYena

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:04 pm
Morgan Night-Wind
Pathfinder? Is that another pen-and-paper? It sounds vaguely familiar but I don't know anything about it, is it at all related to Witchcraft or AFMBE?

Well, gaia has a dice roll system, so that takes care of attack, damage, saving throws, etc. And a character profile outline to cover all the basic D&D stats can be created. I'm thinking battle itself might be a b***h though, normally you can use battle maps for character and creature movement (five-foot squares, land speed 40' per round, etc) but unless I can figure out a way to recreate it online it might just have to be ad-libbed... The other problem is that one can only roll one kind of die in a post, so the concept of throwing your attack, damage and critical rolls at the same time is shot... It's a work in progress. sweatdrop

Non-combat situations, as far as I can foresee, would be just like any other internet roleplay, with only the occasional skill check. Which ought to cover "stuff".

pathfinder is beasicly D&D but without the lastest D&D update. and its got small changes here and there. but overall i think its a better game if your willing to relearn all the different things xD..

yeah it would be hard to do the rolls and stuff.. because you would have to post what you were gonna do and do a dice roll with your post, then look at the result and if its a fail or not you would have to post again with a follow through RP. im not saying its impossible, but sounds a little daunting. another way you could do it is have the players roll dice irl and post their roll... tho... its kinda sad and your doing the honor system that way.

again not saying its impossible.. but you just need to make sure you have the right kind of people and the right guidelines to make it work. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:15 pm
NO PATHFINDER!!! DnD 3.5! it twas the best...  

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 pm
>maybe if it were pathfinder i would be interested.
Actually, found a guild that does pathfinder. Ba-ba-ba-BAM!

>again not saying its impossible.. but you just need to make sure you have the right kind of people and the right guidelines to make it work.
Thought about that, but I refuse the go by the honor system, as a cynic I have no faith in it. I personally know some folks who would give me honest rolls, but Gaia randoms as a whole? Pffft...

>If tou want I can be co-captain and help set up the system, I haven't played in a long a** time though. I would much rather be a dam, but I lack the books.
Actually I found a guild, gonna check that out and see if I still would like to make one. They have a site with rulebooks and stats and s**t, check here and here.

>NO PATHFINDER!!! DnD 3.5! it twas the best...
Heh. I hear that! while I am open to the concept of a new game I grew up on 3.5. Only thing about that, I found a great rulebook to splice Diablo 2 into D&D but it was all 2nd edition... Had to translate everything.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 am
Morgan Night-Wind
>maybe if it were pathfinder i would be interested.
Actually, found a guild that does pathfinder. Ba-ba-ba-BAM!

>again not saying its impossible.. but you just need to make sure you have the right kind of people and the right guidelines to make it work.
Thought about that, but I refuse the go by the honor system, as a cynic I have no faith in it. I personally know some folks who would give me honest rolls, but Gaia randoms as a whole? Pffft...

>If tou want I can be co-captain and help set up the system, I haven't played in a long a** time though. I would much rather be a dam, but I lack the books.
Actually I found a guild, gonna check that out and see if I still would like to make one. They have a site with rulebooks and stats and s**t, check here and here.

>NO PATHFINDER!!! DnD 3.5! it twas the best...
Heh. I hear that! while I am open to the concept of a new game I grew up on 3.5. Only thing about that, I found a great rulebook to splice Diablo 2 into D&D but it was all 2nd edition... Had to translate everything.

all right man prop to you wink
let us know how it plays out  

RanDaYena

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:57 pm
It all sounds fun and good, I got the sites bookmarked. If you start the guild I can be co-captain and DM for a fet adventures. I'll start on a few campaigns I had in mind. I have a feeling you guys might like my Colosseum campaign.  
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games