Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Question about Legacy Families

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Ramen N00dles]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:42 pm
I have been dying to make legacy families, but I don't know what game has that option.
(University...Nightlife?)

Help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:37 pm
Legacy challenges are simmer created games. surprised It's not something official maxis made game play option.

smile For rules see http://www.legacychallenge.com/

aMus

[Ramen N00dles]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:07 pm
aMus
Legacy challenges are simmer created games. surprised It's not something official maxis made game play option.

smile For rules see http://www.legacychallenge.com/

Okay...I have to download it or something?

(Sorry for the stupid questions... sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:14 pm
No, you simply read the rules and go start it yourself.

(You go into your game and start your "legacy family")

But you can download a score sheet if you like.  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

[Ramen N00dles]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:51 am
AnnoyingEvil1
No, you simply read the rules and go start it yourself.

(You go into your game and start your "legacy family")

But you can download a score sheet if you like.

Okay that makes more sense.
xd
Thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:43 pm
yeah, it's really just a challenge posed by another simmer... its purpose is to challenge you to get as much of "the sims 2 experience" as possible... cause most people tend to stick with their fav. aspirations, or use cheats, or avoid things like npcs, aliens, social bunnies etc. the scoring is basically just to tell you how well you've done at "experiencing" the sims2.

Of course... a lot of people play by a lot of different variation of the rules, and some don't even keep score! Like myself, I took the basic concept of the challege (10 generations, no cheats, dice rolled aspirations, and NPC mates) and expanded on it... I play EVERY branch of the family for 10 generations (theoretically cause i'm still only on the 4th... it takes a lot longer this way)

So like my legacy sim got married and had 3 kids... 2 moved out and started their own life while the 3rd continued living in the legacy house (as the original challenge rules state) but I continue to follow the lives of every sim that has branched off from my original legacy sim. I think i've been involved in the lives of about 25 different sims now, doing it that way. www.thepaces.cjb.net/sims2legacy.html that's my website i made for them smile but since i'm not following the exact rules, by playing all these extra sims, i just don't bother to keep score! Either way, it's a lot of fun! Good luck! heart  

amandapace7

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff