Old RuneScape Server tips and tricks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Hampy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:01 am
Let's submit some tips and tricks we have for each other to help get started on the new (or rather old) servers! I'll supply what I know. It can be hard-to-get items, or even trivia, too smile A lot of the stuff might be more of a reminder in case you've forgotten over the years... Anyways, let's get to it!

1. CTRL + Click to move

Agility wasn't updated until about 2009 or so, and energy is something you will be running out of CONSTANTLY until you move your butt over to the Gnome Stronghold for a couple laps of endurance. So what's a good way to get around the lack of energy?

When you hold down the ctrl button and click to move around, whether you're clicking on the minimap to run to a far away location or just running around to cut down some trees, you will run as long as you have % energy over 0. Which means, if you constantly click let's say on the journey from Draynor Village to Rimmington, you will find yourself running whenever you regenerate 1% energy without having to go to the menu. Extremely useful, and efficient!

2. Sell your items to the store.. Quickly!

If you find you have a giant stack of items you want to sell to the general store or where ever is best... Move your stack of items to the bottom row of your inventory, change from one-click to two-click mouse, open shop, and then you can just left-click through selling 5 or 10 items many times with muy rapido speed.
**Note: You will probably click too much and have to wait a couple seconds for the clicks to catch up.

More to come soon. Post your own!

Also, just to note (on 23, Feb at least), Construction IS disabled at the moment.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:32 pm
I don't know if this would go here but I will try.

Flesh Crawlers for fire runes and herb drops in Security Stronghold. Currently on floor 2, head south to find groups of them. They are currently level 28. They are aggressive for the first 20minutes. Fire rune drops are high, like around 40+.
Other drops:
--Noted iron Ore and non-noted iron ore
--Dust runes, ranging from 3-7, Body runes ranging from 3-7 as well.

Complete Waterfall Quest for a big jump in atk and str. Just gotta run through it and you will complete it. Rope, food, 6 water, air, and earth runes.

Lumby to Ardy by taking Port Sarim' boat. 60gp needed and some traveling. But at least you get there quick!

Train Hunter, Firemaking/Fletching, Woodcutting, Prayer, and cooking* really close to each other. Hunt for birds, jungle birds the most. While there, wc the trees and either burn the logs or fletch them. Once bird is caught, bury the bones. The cooking is hard, as you need a Iron Split *lvl 17 smithing to make*. Anyways, this is one way to kill the bordom while hunting. biggrin  

Doctor Nitrus Brio
Vice Captain

Miss Hampy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 am
Let's see what I can do while I hunt =P

I've learned a lot of stuff in the past couple of days... Where to start, hmm

I would do Hunter, but like... I've switched between things a couple of times. The premise I did though was: Crimson Swift until level 5, Copper Longtails until level 23 (yeah, 23..) and then I was doing Copper Longtails and Wild Kebbits until I realized Tropical Wagtails are actually much faster.
From 37 to 43 I did Prickly Kebbits. There's a fantastic spot in North Piscatoris where you can powermine. Just remember to replenish your Normal Logs often.
43 to 47 is Spotted Kebbits (falconry) then off to the Khandarian Desert you go!
47 to 59 are Orange Salamanders. It seems like a lot, but it goes by really quick. With 16 (4) waterskins you can do all of that within two trips easily.
59 to 63/80 are Red Salamanders. Salamanders are TECHNICALLY faster than Red Chins until level 80, but if you want the money, switch to Red Chins at 63.

Then there you have it... I'm sure most of you have done 99 hunter already, but starting out really is a pain in the a** >_>

Smithing

OK, Smithing is a pain in the a**. Especially from level 1 (or 3 if you stayed on Tut Island). Just do Knight's Sword. 1 to 29 smithing just like that. And yes, you can get Blurite with 10 HP. I did it the other day.

Invisible Space

I realized this no longer works in RS EOC. Holding down ALT then typing 0151 yields you the infamous invisible space, enabling you to type in capital letters. SELLING YEW LOGS!!!

Random Events

This is more of a tip than a trick... Keep everything you get from randoms. Except for spinach rolls, I guess. But seriously, gems are really useful to trade with people if you need some type of jewelry you're no where near the crafting or mage level for.

Keeping 10 HP.. For the most part

So let's say you don't want combat experience, but you want experience from quests. From what I've done in the past, quest bosses do NOT give any combat experience. This goes for creatures such as the Demon in Demon Slayer, the Vampire in Vampire... Vampire Vampire (I forget the quest name lol). Just an interesting tidbit. It helped to keep Mega Gerbil9 at 10 hp and do all but Dragon Slayer (in f2p, too).

Norms for everyday, emergency items

If you need something, like a Law Rune, and need it right away, there's basically a set norm as to what everything is. This is generally if you are buying just one of the item, too.
Law Runes - 1K
UNID Herbs - 1K each
OK I don't know many of these quite yet  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:21 pm
Gonna try to say this as calm as possible...

When you do Sheep Herder...

MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE @#%*ING BONES INTO THE FURNACE

OR YOU HAVE TO PROD THE #%*@ING THINGS AGAIN.

THERE'S A TIP FOR YOU.

GAAAH!!!  

Miss Hampy
Vice Captain

Doctor Nitrus Brio
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:38 am
Sinclair mansion has a free way to level up your cooking! Go to the kitchen and you will find everything you need. All you need is buckets and pot (9 each). Use Pot on the bag of flour, fill the buckets with water. Make Pastery Dough, and use the range to cook. Drop the bread if needed.
You can also churn butter here as there is a dairy cow and a churner. Just bring buckets.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:24 pm
Saw this on the OSR Forums (you might find this useful, D2T since you're going quest crazy ;P)

Gleba(OSRF)

04-Mar-2013 17:54:30 Last edited on 04-Mar-2013 18:24:02 by Gleba
As ORS quest list differs a lot from EOC, I decided to compile a list of conditions, required to obtain The Quest Cape. First of all, I have to say, that quest cape is CURRENTLY UNOBTAINABLE because of construction requirements for some quests. I hope the mods will fix it later somehow.

So here is the list:
Attack 15 (Another slice of H.A.M.)
Strength 50* (Legend's quest)
Defence 65 (King's ransom)
Ranged 60 (Mourning's end part I)
Prayer 50 (The great brain robbery)
Magic 66* (Swan song)
Runecrafting 50 (Devious minds)
Construction 34* (Cold war)
Hitpoints 10
Agility 59 (Grim tales)
Herblore 57* (Fairy tale II - Cure a queen)
Thieving 58 (Grim tales)
Crafting 61 (Lunar diplomacy)
Fletching 50* (Devious minds)
Slayer 42 (Rum deal)
Hunter 27 (Eagle's peak)
Mining 60 (Lunar diplomacy)
Smithing 65* (Devious minds)
Fishing 62* (Swan song)
Cooking 62* (Swan song)
Firemaking 50 (Desert treasure)
Woodcutting 71 (Grim tales)
Farming 49 (Fairy tale II - Cure a queen)

* - boostable, info provided by Rattzinger.

Combat level - 85 (Dream Mentor)
Ability to kill lvl 195 monster (Monkey Madness)
Total number of quests: 127

Miss Hampy
Vice Captain

Runescape

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas