Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[1v1] Fan Wars (Kiwi & Mengyao) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:40 pm
In the last few days, it had come to Kiwi's attention that he hadn't even bothered to do Lifen's craft justice. The fan she had worked so very hard to make for him had not even seen the light of day. He had decided to remedy that. He was now more than halfway through his daily patrol of the clan reserve, and the fan beating gently in his hand had received more than one interesting stare. Or perhaps, the scantily-clad Famine clansman wielding it had. He honestly couldn't be sure.

Nonetheless, Kiwi strode forward, content with his new gift. He had developed quite an attachment to the fan in his ... dream?? Was that really the proper word for the alternate reality they had been lost within?? ... He contemplated this, passing through the Conquest streets, when a familiar figure happened to catch his eye.

He hurried forward, coming up alongside the figure, and his head dipped in a light bow, a lingering habit. "Lord Mengyao." He hadn't seen him since he had become lost inside the alternate universe, and was honestly a bit worried as to his health. "I ... ah ... Are you well?? ..." He stumbled to find words, as he honestly hadn't been in the horseman's presence much, beyond the dream itself. And he wasn't certain how much of those memories the noble had retained. The fan beat absently in his hand, all but forgotten for the moment.

kurotomato
sfsfadf awkward first post is awkward ;; <3

kuropeco rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:22 pm
The visitor at his side was not exactly welcome, but neither was he unwelcome. Mengyao had not really seen anyone since his time after awakening besides Lifen. This was mostly because he was still vague on the details of how exactly he had fallen asleep and why it had been so long and so worrisome. He felt tired, uneasy, uncertain, constantly tense - but hadn't he always been that way?

He wasn't sure anymore.

Mengyao had taken a walk to clear his head, but so far it had not exactly worked well. And to top it all off, a voice startled him out of his personal reverie, surprising him enough that he slowed to a stop and turned before he realized who had spoken.

"Ah," he said. "Kiwi."

He frowned a little, turning entirely around. "Yes I am well..." He trailed off, eyes falling on the object in the horseman's hand. "What is that you carry?"

xoxomenai

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

xoxomenai rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:01 pm
A smile crossed Kiwi's face. It was good hear such words from the horseman himself. Lifen, Lan, Shaheen, and he had risked alot to ensure the lost ones made out it alive, Mengyao included. "I am glad to hear that."

At the question, the horseman gave a small start, lifting the fan in his hand. "Ah this?? ... Well, I somehow took to it during the ... the incident. And commissioned Lifen for a replica." He smiled brightly. An awkward pause settled, before the horseman added in a quiet muse: " ... Perhaps it is that my subconscious self would like to emulate your prowess?? ..."

Kurotomato
Idek ... all the awkward Kiwi ... /sobs quietly into sleeve

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 pm
He was confused as to why everyone was asking him if he was all right lately, but to ask questions was to indicate ignorance, something that Mengyao did not take pride in. Instead, he eyed the fan that Kiwi held in his hand, trying to comprehend his words.

"Incident?" he repeated, the word sounding foreign to his own ears, but then a small smirk touched his lips, Mengyao lifting his chin.

"Believe me, there is nothing you could do to emulate my prowess, as you say."

And with that, he quickly slammed a hand into the other's wrist, neatly plucked the fan from his fingers, and twisted Kiwi around so that his arm was against his back, Mengyao eyeing it curiously.

"This is rather pretty."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[ HP: 40/40
Target: Kiwi
Damage: 7
FEAR: Y2 Chill ]

xoxomenai

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:10 pm
Kiwi admired Mengyao. He really did. He had served under him quite recently, well, a false fragment of him and had come to respect the solitary noble in that time. And he also admired the compliment.

But the manner in which his elder gripped his arm was quite unnatural and painful.

"Thank you, Lord Mengyao."

The taller horseman received a solid kick to the shins, beautiful robes or not.

Kiwi's HP: 33/40
Target: Mengyao
Damage: 5
FEAR: Y2 Chill

kurotomato

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 am
The kick to his shins sent Mengyao staggering sideways, the fan dropping from his fingers. He made a noise like an angry cat and straightened, smoothing down the front of his robes and giving Kiwi a slightly suspicious look.

"Where did you get such a thing? I did not think those of Famine cared for such trinkets."

He twisted around, driving his hand into Kiwi's upper arm.

[ HP: 35/40
Damage: 5

xoxomenai

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:09 pm
The stabbing pain didn't stop Kiwi from twisting out of Mengyao's range. Albeit a bit worse for wear. He sucked in a breath, and made a lunge for the fan.

His fingers curled round it a moment before it bit the dust. And with a sigh of relief he drew the arm behind his back. "Well, I ... ah, recently was able to engage in some of Conquest's traditions, and commissioned this fan as a memento." Which was true. But he had to be careful of his words. And with that, Kiwi gave the noble a polite - if rather firm and painful - stomp on the foot.

Kiwi's HP: 28/40
Damage: 6

Quote:
catching up on tags <3 Hi Meng

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:06 pm
Mengyao frowned, the frown turning into a grimace as Kiwi's foot stomped down on his. Staggering backwards several steps, he said, with some bemusement, "Why...when did you engage in such traditions?"

[ HP: 29/40
Damage: 0

xoxomenai

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:16 pm
For a long moment Kiwi said nothing, only shifting position to wave the fan slightly as he pondered how to answer. The truth was, he didn't exactly know how, without admitting to the entire truth of the dream. A truth that might offend or otherwise cause some unforeseen reaction in his fellow horseman. Possibly even a negative one, considering the reaction his inner fragment had shown.

It was troubling, having to keep this secret. And at length, he only sighed softly, and responded as honestly as could: "I have spent some time recently with Lifen and Lan, and was able to learn more of Conquest's traditions while with them."

A bit nervously, he shifted position again and accidentally kicked up a small stone that glanced off the noble's foot. It wasn't intended, and likely didn't hurt much, other than possibly injuring his already-sore foot further.

Damage: 1

Kurotomato

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 pm
This answer, of course, only made Mengyao more curious, more confused. The rock against his foot jolted him a little, but he stayed where he was, frowning at Kiwi.

"When did you spend time with them?"

[ HP: 29/40

xoxomenai

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 1 Total: 9 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:47 pm
Kiwi tilted his head slightly, trying his best not to let that frown bring any sign of trouble to his face. "Well, Lan did approach me wishing to test her skills in battle. And I have seen Lifen several times around the clan recently." He began to pace, fanning himself gently. The movement at least, seemed to ease his nervousness. And after a moment, Kiwi drew in a steady breath. He needed answers as well.

"Not to worry, they have been nothing short of well-mannered and kind, and I to them in turn." His voice was soft, but serious as the Conquest horseman earned a friendly swat to the shoulder with the fan. "But, I am still a bit concerned about you, it seems. The why doesn't matter, what does, is your health. ... How are the voices??"

It was quite likely Mengyao didn't even know he had been suffering from the Insanity's taint as well, unless Lifen or Lan had perhaps mentioned it to him. But the question was one that needed to be asked. Only one of many.

Damage: 3

Kurotomato

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 7 Total: 13 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:21 am
He tried not to think about the fact that Lifen was spending time with others in his absence, because such things were useless. She was, of course, allowed to have friends other than himself - and he encouraged that.

But spending time with other males...well, Mengyao supposed grudgingly, anything was better than that Death mule, Soren. Kiwi seemed...harmless enough.

Perhaps.

His expression closed off at the mention of the voices, Mengyao's face darkening slightly. "They are...they are there," he said jerkily, a scowl passing through. "They are as unpleasant as always."

He took advantage of Kiwi's distraction to twist around the young Famine and throw him bodily to the ground, holding his wrist tightly in his fingers.

"But what would you know of such things?"

[ HP: 27/40
Damage: 7 meng plz I'm so proud

xoxomenai

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am
Kiwi's wrist began sending a sharp pain down his arm, twisted as it was. Nevermind the fact he was pinned beneath the Conquest noble. So, Mengyao really didn't know ... The Famine colt's tawny eyes darkened slightly.

"That's because I-I have been hearing them too ... ever since ... what happened inside the Haunted House." It was still a difficult thing to confess, even now. But Mengyao had been there in the thick of it too ... surely he would remember what had happened.

Pinned as he was, Kiwi couldn't really move, or he would have jerked away from the clansman. He only dropped his head slightly, and continued. "Well then, how is your memory?? ... any missing pieces?? ..." He was careful to remain as vague and cryptic as possible.

Kiwi's HP: 21/40

kurotomato

kuropeco rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 pm
Mengyao froze where he stood, crouched above Kiwi, his hand still on the other's wrist (throwing him as hard as he had had not exactly been his plan; perhaps he was being a bit too careless).

"...so you hear the voices as well," said Mengyao slowly, and as if they knew he was talking about them, the voices inside of his head buzzed quietly, fizzling along the edges of his thoughts. "It is...that is to say..."

He straightened, not finishing his sentence, his expression darkening. "Memory? I do not.."

Except he did have a few gaps, come to think of it. The scowl on Mengyao's face grew deeper.

"How would you know such at thing?"

[ HP: 27/40

xoxomenai

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

xoxomenai rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 8 Total: 9 (2-16)

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:29 pm
Kiwi's teeth clenched, as he fought to work free his arm. "I told you, it does not matter how or why." There, a slight give. He jerked and his hand came free, elbow ramming the horseman a bit accidentally as he rose. Panting, Kiwi dusted himself off and then his fan, gripping it tightly in one hand almost in self-defense. So then, Mengyao really didn't remember the dream ...

"I'm actually not exactly sure what to make of this myself ..." he admitted quietly, running a hand along his chin.

Damage: 3

kurotomato
this is terrible, but trying to finally tag things today /A/

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers