15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:12 pm
Your players for this RP are:

User Image &User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:24 pm
Xil paced impatiently around his den, looking over every now and then at his Mother's gazing eyes. He was sure she had noticed how impatient he was being, but she couldn't really blame him. His Uncle Mlinzi was coming to see him today! The sheer excitement of seeing him once again, was only trumped by what his Uncle was coming over for. Today was his newest lesson in herb picking, and he just couldn't contain himself. He'd hardly slept the night before, leaving his Mother worried about him. But now he couldn't even sit! Pacing, pacing, pacing, but then there he was! A large, fluffy white lion entered the den. He nodded solmenly at Malaya and then glanced around the den. Of course, he'd long since learned that his Uncle couldn't see him, but that didn't stop him from lunging head on at his Uncle in excitement.

---

A smile spread quickly across the male's face as he felt the added weight against his leg. He laughed happily, lifting a paw to pat the top of the cub's head. He didn't need sight to know exactly who was attached to his hip, it was the same as always, little Xil. He was always so excited to see him, and while Mlinzi loved it, he wasn't so sure his Mother did. Malaya was a worrier, especially when it came to her cub's. She's spoken to him once before about Xil's behavior. Out of respect for his friend's he had tried to talk it out with Xil. But the cub had little care about what his Mother thought. All he cared about was his Uncle, it was touching of course. But still quite worrying.

"Looks like someone's up bright and early!"

He paused a moment, allowing his ears to acclimate to the den.

"Again."

Mlinzi chuckled his words, but tried to give a disapproving look at his nephew. "We talked about this didn't we?"

----

Xil sighed as his Uncle's disapproving look.

"Yeah we did."

His tone was low and a little disappointed, he wanted so badly to look his Uncle in the eye. But he just couldn't. He could tell that he wasn't happy with his current outburst.

"I'm sorry, i'm just excited! Haven't you ever been this excited Uncle Mlinzi? I bet you and Dad did exciting stuff all the time." Xil looked back up at his Uncle, not bothering to put on a skeptic face. His tone had said it all.

"Come on, don't lie Uncle Mlinzi! Tell the truth, what kind of example would you be setting otherwise?"

----

Well, the cub had him there. At a loss for words, Mlinzi merely shrugged his shoulders and grunted gruffly. He had to come up with something to say, he could see Malaya glaring him down from the corner.

"Yes, I have been really excited before. In fact, I was really excited to come over here today. I was even more excited the first time your Mother let me babysit." He smiled his toothy grin and winked at Malaya.

"But the only time, I ever got so excited that I couldn't sleep, was when your Mom and Dad told me they were expecting." Ruffling his nephew's little mane once again he chuckled. "Now, you might think this is just as important as that, but it isn't. There will be times when its acceptable to be this excited, but there are also times where its best to calm down. Now, what have you learned?"

----

Xil let out a low but playful growl as his Uncle lectured him. "That I should listen to Mom?" He wasn't quite sure that was the lesson, but he was smart enough to know that's what Uncle Mlinzi wanted him to say. And that by saying it, he would get both of them out of trouble. A quick glance at his Mother told him he'd made the right choice. She was smiling, though she was trying to hide in behind a fake scowl. "Right Mom? Isn't that what he's trying to tell me?"

---

Mlinzi took a glance over at Malaya and smiled. Success. Nodding at her once again, he stood up on his haunches and tugged on Xil's tail. "Come on you, we need to get going before the early birds get the worms - and before your Mom has both of our hides for decoration." The end of his sentence was whispered so that only Xil could hear it, but he knew Malaya would find out about his little comment if he didn't hurry the cub out of the den.

----

{ Time Skip }

"Oh! OH! I know this one, its this flower! THIS ONE RIGHT HERE RIGHT?"

The cub shouted his words as he dashed after the plant, plucking it from its roots and bringing it back to his Uncle's side. His chest was puffed out in pride as he jittered around Mlinzi's legs. "Well is it? That's the one to reduce a fever right?!"

---

Mlinzi held a paw in the air, motioning for the cub to calm down, but he continued his jittery ways. Sighing and hating to do so, he quickly placed a paw on the cub's shoulder forcing him to stop his crazy actions. Xil, calm down. I can't tell you what it is if I can't check. Hold your horses little one." His tone was calm as he released his paw from his shoulder, and began to inspect the plant. "Lets see ... slimy exterior, cool to the touch... spikey edges ...." Pausing for a moment he looked down at the cub, "And what color is it?"

---

Xil hated being forced to do anything, so when his Uncle forcefully placed him to the ground his face contorted into something very unpleasant. Though he wouldn't vocalize his upset, he thought his Uncle would know what his problem was. "It's Orange." He grumbled, all the while staring a hole into the ground at his feet.

---

"Oh is it now? Well good job buddy you have successfully picked your first fever reducer! Now, what's our next step supposed to be?" Excited for his nephew Mlinzi fluffed up the little guys fur and hopped to his feet.

---

"I dunno why don't you ask somoene more patient?"

---

For a moment, Mlinzi was taken off guard, but then he realized his mistake. "Alright Xil, get it off your chest, what's wrong with you?"

----

His lips remained puckered, and he tried to remain calm, the silent treatment was something he had yet to perfect.

"Everyone treats me like i'm a baby! They're always telling me what to do, and how to do it! Why can't you guys just let me live!? I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself. And you're teaching me to take care of others. I don't understand why I can't just be myself."

By the time he finished his rant, he was on all fours. The fur on the back of his neck stood on end, and he was huffing for air.

----

"Alright, calm down there little guy. I don't wanna take you back to your Mom in a fight of rage. You might get yourself into some serious trouble." He patted a spot of dirt near his side and motioned for Xil to take it.

"Let me tell you a little something about who you are.

Who you are has nothing to do with what we make you do. We're only worried for you. You live in a pride infected by disease, even the slightest bits of behavior send all of us into a fit of worry. Our disease has no set symptoms, everyone is different. So when you don't sleep, or you get up really early, your Mother worries. Then your Dad worries, and finally I have to look you over to be sure everything is still working OK. We don't do the things we do to change you, we do them to keep you who you are."
Mlinzi sighed heavily, a worried expression plastered on his face.

"You understand don't you?"

----

Sitting down next to Mlinzi gave the cub a sense of comfort that he hadn't had during his tantrum, and he was able to calmly look up to his Uncle as he explained their side of the story. He didn't like it, but he obviously had to accept that he understood it.

"Yeah I guess. I'm sorry. I don't want to scare you guys, and I really don't want to be examined! Your paws are way too cold! But its hard to not act that way Uncle Mlinzi."

---

Mlinzi tried to stifle a laugh at Xil's little joke, he definitely took after his Father in that regard. Always cracking some sort of joke. "I know it is buddy, but you need to try harder. Not just for your own sake, but for everybody's." He paused a moment and realized how down the conversation really was.

"Here, lets go find some of those berries I was telling you about. If we're lucky we'll find enough to bring home to everyone else!" Nudging his nephew to his feet, he headed off in the direction the berries usually grew, his nephew closely following behind.

Wordcount: 1541

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers